Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

She looks older,tired, etc. Faces change with age. Not to say she didn’t have work done but having all those children could contribute 

I think living with Joshua is more likely the reason for Anna's tired, older look.  I can't imagine the stress of wondering what he might be or really is doing.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, wilsie said:

I think living with Joshua is more likely the reason for Anna's tired, older look.  I can't imagine the stress of wondering what he might be or really is doing.

Josh-uuuuu-a. FTFY.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, wilsie said:

And she chose it, those kids didn't. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

And some feathering in the front. Maybe some brightly colored eyeshadow.

If she wants make-up tips to achieve this look, she should look to her future relative, Jill Rodrigues!

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
30 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I may be the only one, but I think Anna looks better in the later picture. The first one looks more like an 80s prom picture. The only thing missing is frosted hair.

ITA - he wedding hair actually looks a bit better than it did normally.  She always had crunchy perm curls with slick straight top parted to the side.  It was a younger version of the MEShell look.  The best thing she did was ditch that awful hairstyle.   

• Love 7
On 1/22/2020 at 12:36 PM, Namaste said:

Why is this even an Instagram post?  Is it not possible to enjoy an evening out and not put it on blast to the world?  Does it become a better night out if it’s on Instagram?  

I’m not even going to start in on “Lolli”...

We enjoyed our double date with accomplice 1 and 2. We love that no matter how many of their children Josh molested or how he cheated on me, they will stick by him.  

I swear, if I was the rest of their children I would hate how much they support this goober.

• Love 13

That picture is so much gaggy. The baby is cute. As much as I love my in laws, I would never do a "double date", mostly because we're all married and married people don't date. I want to punch SexPest in the face. 

• Love 18

Thing is, Michelle and JB probably do love Anna "unconditionally" because she checks EVERY box of what they think the ideal fundie wife should be like. The ideal fundie wife finds out her husband molested his own sisters and went out looking for hookers on Ashley Madison and her response is "more babies." I feel like even the J'slaves are not at that level of obedience for their headships. Anna is. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

You won't have to wait very long, #littleduggar, in about 8 years you will have your own.

The baby is in the same outfit as the night of the double date with Lolli and Pops (gagging on the thought of JB hey, hey, heying with the lolly and the stick connotations). Which means....the J'Slaves Generation B had to watch all the kids. Don't most grandparents want to watch the kids so the parents can go out alone? Oh, never mind..... silly me, JB has to keep an eye on Joshley. And be in on any going out to dinner, of course.

• Love 4

The name Maryella seems like it should be the name of a food product or the name of a ranch or estate.

I think Anna's chameleon like looks are due to weight. She seems to gain it and lose it, first in her face, and with her it's very noticable. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

Cute pictures but too bland for me. Either Maryella needs to be on a colored blanket or she needs to be wearing something brighter.  I like the last picture  and think Anna looks nice. (I may be the only one.)

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Anna blocked me on Twitter after I replied this DailyMail headline on her Popps and Lolly double date post.

Screenshot_20200128-114606_Chrome-720x939.thumb.jpg.4cd2e8136a25c26994980b1824352f4c.jpg

You know you’re doing something right when a Duggar blocks you 😂

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Anna blocked me on Twitter after I replied this DailyMail headline on her Popps and Lolly double date post.

Screenshot_20200128-114606_Chrome-720x939.thumb.jpg.4cd2e8136a25c26994980b1824352f4c.jpg

Way to go!  👍🏼

The baby looks a bit cuter than usual- I think bc she resembles Anna more in those pics than josh. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

Does Anna ever leave the house?  Does she have any friends ?

My guess is no. Even in the whacked-out Fundieverse, I can't imagine too many people wanting to pal around with the wife of a known child molester. If I had kids, there's no way in hell they'd set foot in Smuggar's house. 

• Love 13
On 1/22/2020 at 12:22 PM, Namaste said:

And Anna’s face looks different. Is it the angle of the photo or did she get a nose job?

On 1/22/2020 at 12:48 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Her face looks totally different.  Just look at pictures from when they were first married.  I'm wondering if she uses some kind of facetune app and tweaks her face.

On 1/22/2020 at 1:33 PM, BitterApple said:

She definitely had something done, but I can't put my finger on it. I know lighting and weight gain can skew features, but Anna's been looking different for a while.

Anna's face definitely looks different. Some of that is probably aging and being a little fuller, but I suspect (in my completely non-expert opinion) that she may have had a chin implant and/or a tiny tweak done to her nose via rhinoplasty.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Anna's face definitely looks different. Some of that is probably aging and being a little fuller, but I suspect (in my completely non-expert opinion) that she may have had a chin implant and/or a tiny tweak done to her nose via rhinoplasty.  

Anna has deluded herself into thinking that Josh actually loves her, why would she have plastic surgery? And who would pay for it?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, kokapetl said:

Anna has deluded herself into thinking that Josh actually loves her, why would she have plastic surgery? And who would pay for it?

Yes. Lots of people’s nose change with weight loss and age. And who would pay for a rhinoplasty? I don’t see JB paying for that. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes. Lots of people’s nose change with weight loss and age. And who would pay for a rhinoplasty? I don’t see JB paying for that. 

Things could have gone much worse for the Duggars after the Josh news broke if Anna hadn’t been willing to keep sweet and toe the party line. She’s got JB over a barrel, whether she knows it or not. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14

I think Jim Bob and Anna are both mutually dependent on the other one playing ball, like some weird fundie version of MAD. The whole narrative that Jim Bob (and Michelle) and Anna depend on is that they're a big, happy family, with no sex scandals here, thank you very much, and the sex scandals you do remember should be forgotten because Josh has been saved and redeemed and forgiven.

giphy.gif

Part of maintaining that charade is Anna continuing to post "normal" pics of her cozy little family life, but part of her having that cozy little family life is Jim Bob keeping it afloat.

I know some of us disagree on where Josh and Anna are living, and that's totally understandable, but I think we all agree that whether they're on the compound outside of Tontitown or at the house with the disgusting pool in Springdale, their housing was provided in some way by Jim Bob. Likewise, whatever income they have to live on is courtesy of Jim Bob. 

If Jim Bob takes that away, Anna and her kids would be up shit creek without the proverbial paddle. But that would also probably be the end of the cozy little "normal" family pictures she's pumping out. I don't know that Anna would go the Derrick route if she got burned, but anytime there's a slight change in her posting habits, we notice. 

I don't know that Jim Bob could quite shell out for plastic surgery, but I think he and Anna probably both have a grudging acknowledgement that they rely on the other one to do their duty. In Jim Bob's case, it's supporting Josh's fat worthless ass financially, and in Anna's case, it's supporting Josh's fat worthless ass in every other way. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 15

Other than occasional worries Josh might get online and try to cheat again, I'm guessing JB, M and Anna have all moved past all of Josh 's behaviors. Part of that is typical family dynamics, sometimes it's a healthy thing to do, sometimes not.

• Love 12