Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

There aren't any Matthews floating around in the family yet, are there? 

It's Josiah's middle name, but I don't think that matters.

My hope is the baby train stops at 6 because Josh is in federal prison for money laundering and fraud.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 15
55 minutes ago, Nysha said:

My hope is the baby train stops at 6 because Josh is in federal prison for money laundering and fraud.

From your lips to a federal prosecutor's ears. Fingers crossed.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 4
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

There aren't any Matthews floating around in the family yet, are there? 

No yet. Matt the DJ was the guy suing Josh for using his picture on Ashley Madison. Maybe that's why no Matthew yet. On the other hand, this crowd seems to be headed towards 19 lawsuits and counting (Are they there yet?). So eventually they may forget the names of everyone suing them and just use any names that haven't already been used. 

• LOL 9
10 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Martha or Moses for #7

I’m kind of surprised that there hasn’t been a Michelle yet. Josh and Anna are dependent on JB and Michelle for their income, it’s odd that they’ve missed three opportunities to suck up. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
On 12/31/2019 at 7:16 AM, GeeGolly said:

Oh Anna. These are her words regarding Josh and the molestations, quoted in People, May 2015. Three months later Ashley Madison happened.

“[I know] who Josh really is – someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended,” said Anna, 26. “Someone who had received the help needed to change the direction of his life and do what is right.”

Wtf?! She really said that?? What an idiot! Gone down the wrong path?? He molested his siblings!!! I'm so angry! I hate people that minimize what those monsters do. 😠😠🤬🤬

• Love 6
On 1/2/2020 at 1:04 PM, mynextmistake said:

I’m kind of surprised that there hasn’t been a Michelle yet. Josh and Anna are dependent on JB and Michelle for their income, it’s odd that they’ve missed three opportunities to suck up. 

They said when McKynzie was born that their whole "M" name theme was to honour Michelle.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:10 PM, QuinnInND said:

Wtf?! She really said that?? What an idiot! Gone down the wrong path?? He molested his siblings!!! I'm so angry! I hate people that minimize what those monsters do. 😠😠🤬🤬

I can't explain the Duggars' reactions to the molestations vs. Ashley Madison, but in Anna's case, Smuggar committed the molestations before she entered the picture and the molestations didn't directly affect her. I'm not saying that to excuse Anna, but to provide a possible explanation for how she reacted. 

Plus, in their world, the majority of families likely experience some sort of sexual abuse within their ranks, so they may be desensitized to that vs. marital infidelity. Look at Gothard. Were any of his victims married (even young and married)? I suspect they were all young and single.  

• Love 1

I think JD indirectly kind of summed up the extreme Duggar feelings about Ashley Madison. JD said something alluding to feeling betrayed by Josh's lies while they were supporting them.

The Duggars rallied around Josh and went on TV showing their support. Josh knew he was trying to get a hook up during this time and still let them. They felt betrayed by Josh for letting them defend him while the devil had already set up a new camp in his soul. 

Josh is really a complete asshole through and through.

• Love 24
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think JD indirectly kind of summed up the extreme Duggar feelings about Ashley Madison. JD said something alluding to feeling betrayed by Josh's lies while they were supporting them.

The Duggars rallied around Josh and went on TV showing their support. Josh knew he was trying to get a hook up during this time and still let them. They felt betrayed by Josh for letting them defend him while the devil had already set up a new camp in his soul. 

Josh is really a complete asshole through and through.

Also he broke a vow he made to his wife when they were married, no promise was broken when he abused the girls. I am not saying in any way shape or form that what he did was correct of is just that his "misbehavior" was supposed to be finished, he was married and promised in front of God and everyone (literally) to be faithful to his wife.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

It was also recent so very fresh and raw feelings whereas they had dealt with the molestations (as much as they were going to) years ago.  

Oh, sure, I get that. It's not what she or any of them feel about any of it, so much as how they talk about it. I have no problem believing any of them when they say that they've long been over Josh abusing them when he was a teen. I do have a problem with them saying that Ashley Madison is worse than him sexually abusing people. JD even said that until Ashley Madison, he wanted to be just like Josh. He wanted to be just like the brother that molested his sisters and a family friend. That was fine. It was the infidelity to his wife, something that, frankly, is no one's business but that couple's, that was a bridge too far.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13

What really got me was the 'talk' father & son had the night before Josh's wedding about the 'legos'. (JB trying to explain sex to Josh.) Those two are liars of the first degree and have hard faces to agree to a scene like that all the time knowing what had transpired. Josh said to his father that he thought he 'could figure it out' because he would have a working model. Such scum, both of them. It turned out not to be the first working model that Josh would tinker with, after all, huh? I can't stand Jim Bob for being such an imposter.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, floridamom said:

What really got me was the 'talk' father & son had the night before Josh's wedding about the 'legos'. (JB trying to explain sex to Josh.) Those two are liars of the first degree and have hard faces to agree to a scene like that all the time knowing what had transpired. Josh said to his father that he thought he 'could figure it out' because he would have a working model. Such scum, both of them. It turned out not to be the first working model that Josh would tinker with, after all, huh? I can't stand Jim Bob for being such an imposter.

I remember that scene. Absolutely cringeworthy. I’ve tried to block it from my consciousness ever since. 

• Love 10
7 hours ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Also he broke a vow he made to his wife when they were married, no promise was broken when he abused the girls. I am not saying in any way shape or form that what he did was correct of is just that his "misbehavior" was supposed to be finished, he was married and promised in front of God and everyone (literally) to be faithful to his wife.

I actually agree with this...though, as you say, it in no way excuses his betrayal of Anna. I feel as though in their minds, the wedding vows are somehow more sacrosanct, being more specific. But I'm sure that whenever he was "born again and accepted Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior" (which was doubtless before the incidents with his sisters, as these people seem to invariably make those decisions in early elementary school years), he broke those vows front, left and sideways by the time he got to the point of Ashley Madison.

• Love 10

Annnnnd I watched that next video of Anna's statements on the show about Josh's Ashley Madison scandal....I noted, sadly, that she dropped her voice and sped up her vocal speed when she said that Josh betrayed HER but slowed down and spoke louder when she said he broke Christian vows. Sad to think that she believes his vows to HER were not that important as breaking his Christian ones. I would think marital vows are just as important. It tells me that she doesn't really value herself as a person and as a woman and wife in her own right. 

This is random but when the raid was going down, I could have sworn people on here were saying Josh lives at the TTH compound. Is that confirmed or speculation or am I confusing him with another sibling?

23 minutes ago, Zella said:

This is random but when the raid was going down, I could have sworn people on here were saying Josh lives at the TTH compound. Is that confirmed or speculation or am I confusing him with another sibling?

I think it's reasonable speculation. Josh sold his other house, Anna and the M'kids are always at the TTH, and I think people recognized the guest house in several of Anna's Instagram pics. For whatever reason, Boob's keeping Joshley on a tight leash.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think it's reasonable speculation. Josh sold his other house, Anna and the M'kids are always at the TTH, and I think people recognized the guest house in several of Anna's Instagram pics. For whatever reason, Boob's keeping Joshley on a tight leash.

Thank you! I'm doing some sleuthing that suggests it may not be the case. Will post an update when I'm finished. 

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

All right, results of investigation.

After my head nearly exploded over Jill and Derick's address not being where I assumed it would be, I decided to just round up addresses for all the Arkansas Duggars and map them.

I did this through voter records publicly available on the Arkansas Secretary of State website. These records are up-to-date, more so than the ones on other "voter record websites." I know this because my own precinct has changed recently, despite my not moving. This is correctly reflected on the Secretary of State website. Of course, one has to be a currently registered voter to appear. (Incidentally, Joy and Austin are not currently registered to vote at their address. Guess they've not updated that since moving.) I then cross-referenced those addresses with property records, again publicly available.

Josh and Anna are both registered to vote at an address in N. Springdale. It's about 20 minutes from the TTH. According to the property records I found, neither Josh nor Anna own property in either Washington or Benton Co. This address is owned by one of the many LLCs owned by Jim Bob and Michelle. They have had it since 2016, but it went through a flurry of ownership changes in June 2019, all involving Jim Bob and Michelle trusts or LLCs. That is the same time that Josh and Anna moved from their home.

[Edited to add: Further research revealed that mystery LLC is registered to Anna. I am 99.9% sure that Josh and Anna live in this house and own it through smoke and mirrors. Anna has a second LLC as well. I believe this is how they are paid by Jim Bob. Nothing is in Josh's name, LLC or property-wise.]

I think as soon as Josh's house sold, Jim Bob and Michelle made arrangements for Josh and Anna to move here and then made sure it was in one of the LLCs that didn't have the Duggar name in the title. It's an over 5,000 square foot home on nearly 15 acres. 

If y'all like, I can post stuff on the other Duggar residences I found--I won't post addresses, but I can post the details on who owned what where. Some of it is quite intriguing. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 21
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, Zella said:

If y'all like, I can post stuff on the other Duggar residences I found--I won't post addresses, but I can post the details on who owned what where. Some of it is quite intriguing.

Please do!

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, DCCFan123 said:

Please do!

Will do! I think I'll put it all in the Jim Bob and Michelle thread because most of it traces back to them (of course!)

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5
9 minutes ago, Zella said:

It's an over 5,000 square foot home on nearly 15 acres. 

He’s truly the prince, isn’t he? 

God, I really hope the homeland security investigation digs into this financial crap and exposes it all. Every last shitty bit.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, JoanArc said:

He’s truly the prince, isn’t he? 

God, I really hope the homeland security investigation digs into this financial crap and exposes it all. Every last shitty bit.

It's disgusting, but yes, I truly think Josh will always get the best from his parents, his other siblings (including his victims) be damned. 😞 

1 minute ago, Absolom said:

Is that the house with the indoor pool?  

I'm not sure. The property records are not that in-depth, and the Zillow listing is not complete. 

8 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I thought the Smuggars were living in the metal shed on the Duggar property. All the pictures posted on Anna's Instagram look like the inside of it.

I have no clue--I'm just going off the voter and property records. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I thought the Smuggars were living in the metal shed on the Duggar property. All the pictures posted on Anna's Instagram look like the inside of it.

Well, the Duggars decorate all their places the same, so how can we tell for sure?

• LOL 15

Editing my original post to reflect this, but I firmly do believe Josh is living in the house I located because I discovered the LLC that owns it and suddenly acquired the property from Duggar LLCs is registered to Anna. I could not find another Duggar daughter-in-law with an LLC. The only Duggar girl with an LLC is Jana. Anna has not 1 but 2 LLCs registered to her. I suspect this is how she and Josh are financially supported by Jim Bob--money is funneled into those LLCs for them. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 7

The indoor pool home was featured on one of the shows. Didn't it have weeds growing on the inside of the house? If I'm remembering correctly it was weirdly laid out, but not as weird as the Round House.

There must be some local architecture firm that did a lot of eye rolling with some of these millionaire Arkansas home builders.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3