Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

18 hours ago, SMama said:

Thank you, I do recall that remark, just thought there were others. What a lying, smug, POS.

I've only watched him at length once -- saw that early special where he has the host role of showing the audience around and introduucing their home and family, on youTube.

Thought he came across as the most arrogant, smug teenage boy I'd ever seen....and I taught high school for 15 years...

.JB and M and the Gothard "system" definitely groomed him into a damn little king -- and it looks like he was born with the kind of personality that responds to praise and deference by becoming 100-percent insufferable. 

Wonder if Jill simply writhes and spits in fury when she thinks of him now, since she's been awakened to the family problems. Bet she does.....Keep spitting, Jill. Eventually, you'll get a lot of it out of your system and feel freed. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19

Just a thought.  I was not homeschooled.  All of the Duggars are.  Don't you think there one part of Anna's brain that thinks "there could be an easier way to do this and my children even MIGHT get enough knowledge to go to college on day?  NOT RIPPING ON HOMESCHOOLERS OR CHILDREN - But don't ANY of these women want a chance for their children? (brothers and sisters as they call them.  I had 3 brothers and they were "the boys"..lol still are.  Very sad.

• Love 4

No, I don't think Anna thinks like that. Her boys will work for their uncles, and the girls will be married off between 18-20. 

And she'll think she was successful as a mother.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Boston said:

Just a thought.  I was not homeschooled.  All of the Duggars are.  Don't you think there one part of Anna's brain that thinks "there could be an easier way to do this and my children even MIGHT get enough knowledge to go to college on day?  NOT RIPPING ON HOMESCHOOLERS OR CHILDREN - But don't ANY of these women want a chance for their children? (brothers and sisters as they call them.  I had 3 brothers and they were "the boys"..lol still are.  Very sad.

I'm guessing Anna looks at her siblings and her in-laws as doing just fine in the world. I'm also not even sure any of the Duggars equate education with success. 

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 11

I feel like the whole series is an Easter egg:  why all the girls live in one room, why all the boys sleep in jeans at night, why J&B were so anti-touching of any kind between anybody, the infamous side hug even among siblings, no physical contact until marriage, the purity of the heart crap, the reason there is always a chaperone during courting. 

Then of course, you get sick to your stomach when you hear all of Josh's victims gush about his wedding and engagement to Anna.  You see his victims in his wedding, you hear his victims being preached to about how pure and righteous this relationship was, etc.  Lawd.....

• Love 15
2 hours ago, Boston said:

I don't know about Anna specifically, but a lot of fundies are taught that school is evil. Sending their kids to college is not something they want. IMO, they only want their kids to continue following the "right Jesus".

• Love 9

^^Yeah a lot of evangelicals believe that there are WAY too many wordly influences in public and private schools.  They also don't like pesky science and/or being taught anything other than the version of history they like. 

It also limits children to the outside world for things like: reporting child abuse, having a separate support system, having someone question or make you question your belief system, etc.  

• Love 10
23 minutes ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

No birthday wish for Joshy. Wonder if they couldn't think of any fake things to say this year. 

That's really a surprise. He's still Mechelle's golden child.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

No birthday wish for Joshy. Wonder if they couldn't think of any fake things to say this year. 

Thanks for getting us noticed by Homeland security, asshole! 

• LOL 16
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

The family Instagram did wish him a happy bday. In what world is 6 kids a "little" family? 🙄

It's a subtle reminder from Michelle that she had nineteen kids and gave birth to every one!

6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

That post just went up half an hour ago. So, a little before 10pm Arkansas time

They probably spent the whole day debating whether or not to post something and decided at the last minute that any flack they got for it would be outweighed by the praise they'd get from their fans (the leghumpers on their FB page just adore Josh).

• Love 8

Lol, 32 and the only party guests Josh could muster were his kids and the siblings who live on the premises. He may be Michelle's golden boy, but it's pretty obvious what the older ones think of him.

• LOL 7
  • Love 9
13 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

The family Instagram did wish him a happy bday. In what world is 6 kids a "little" family? 🙄

Maybe because the kids are still so small and there aren't any teens yet? 

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

4 pictures, 2 videos:

Ugh, he looks gross in that one picture. Though he does look gross all the time, maybe I should say he looks exceptionally gross! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Lol, 32 and the only party guests Josh could muster were his kids and the siblings who live on the premises. He may be Michelle's golden boy, but it's pretty obvious what the older ones think of him.

Even worse when you factor in the fact that his siblings don't exactly have to punch time clocks anywhere.

Maybe they're self isolating? 

• Love 8
47 minutes ago, Mrs. P. said:

Anna looks so different to me. I can't figure out what has changed her appearance so much. Maybe the eyebrows?

hair lightened, curlier...? but didn't she used to wear bangs all the time? her forehead looks ginormous... i thought it was botoxish but her whole head head looks more rounder rather than oval like it did before. she totally used her People $$$$ for Barbie works. a doppelganger???

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Mrs. P. said:

Anna looks so different to me. I can't figure out what has changed her appearance so much. Maybe the eyebrows?

Her right eyebrow looks thicker than the left.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
(edited)
44 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

she needs new friends

She just needs friends, Duggars and Duggar adjacent do not count. I wouldn’t count pedophile, cheater Sex Pest as a friend.

Edited by SMama
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13
15 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Ewwww!!! Wait. Sex pests birthday is today??? I share a birthday with that creature?!? 🤢🤢🤢

Join the club & Happy Birthday!  I share a birthday with Gideon (2/23), my mother & Bella share a birthday (11/8)&  along with you, Mr. Barb shares March 3 with Smuggs.  But March 3 seems to be a popular birthday.  Besides Mr. Barb, I know of 3 other March 3 birthdays including my late grandmother.  

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, beckie said:

Why does it bother me so badly seeing him holding the baby? And I'm not gonna wish him a happy birthday.

Because of the way he is holding the baby and what he did to his sisters. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, beckie said:

Why does it bother me so badly seeing him holding the baby? And I'm not gonna wish him a happy birthday.

Also he's holding the smaller kid and his wife is holding the bigger kid. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, beckie said:

Why does it bother me so badly seeing him holding the baby? 

Because you are a decent person who cares about the welfare of children. You know scum when you see it.

9 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Pest looks as greasy as JD. Yuck. Wash your face and hair!

I wonder if the oldest kidults (sans Jinger) are still practicing the not bathing daily they learned pre TLC money.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Join the club & Happy Birthday!  I share a birthday with Gideon (2/23), my mother & Bella share a birthday (11/8)&  along with you, Mr. Barb shares March 3 with Smuggs.  But March 3 seems to be a popular birthday.  Besides Mr. Barb, I know of 3 other March 3 birthdays including my late grandmother.  

Thank you! Happy birthday to Mr Barb! 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Bathing daily is not necessary especially in winter.  Waste of water.

I was trying to be kind since I think they bathed 1-2 a week then. Don’t forget about all the kids using the same bath water.

I grew up in Puerto Rico in a house without AC, daily showers were a must. Then I moved to Southern California. I bathe daily, even in cold days, it’s in my DNA (JK). Just thought the kidults were conditioned like me. 

• Love 5