Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

It'll be interesting to see how this plays out. If I'm remembering correctly, this time Josh wasn't the slimey player. It sounds like he got caught up in somebody else's family feud.

• Useful 3
14 hours ago, Chicklet said:

You would think that Boob had some intelligence and could pick a decent lawyer, but nooo he seems to have the same taste in legal representation as Rep. Nunes. And yes it was dipwad but you know Daddy picked out the lawyer. I'm kinda glad all these people can't find good representation, makes it more entertaining for us.

I think he picks Story primarily because of their shared political/religious affiliation. There are so many better lawyers in the NWA area, it kind of boggles my mind. 

At one time, Bob Ballinger--Austin's sister's father-in-law--was one of Story's lawyers. Ballinger is no longer listed on Story's website, but I could see the Duggars and others thinking there was some political influence to be had with Ballinger's presence there too.

That being said, I live in a county where Ballinger has had a law office . . . and I don't know anyone who has ever hired him as an attorney. 🤣

• LOL 9

Storey is probably cheap, which is What the Duggars shop for. But he’s probably cheap because he’s probably crap. 

I think this lawsuit is a battle between ambulance chasers. The 2nd hand Hyundai Accent of lawyers may be all Josh needs. 

• Love 10

Anna posted a bunch of Family Night pictures to her instastories. Lauren was there as well as several unidentified strangers (to us). She has subsequently taken the pics down. 

So much for duggarfam's post regarding social distancing. Fucking idiots.

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Anna posted a bunch of Family Night pictures to her instastories. Lauren was there as well as several unidentified strangers (to us). She has subsequently taken the pics down. 

So much for duggarfam's post regarding social distancing. Fucking idiots.

Reddit has a screengrab

Totally agree, they're idiots. Looks like some family outsiders were there too. So many religious groups hat have defied the group size advice have come down with the virus, with more than a few hospitalizations and even deaths. WTF? Jill is lucky she's persona non grata.

They can name it Morona.

Covid-19 Kids and Counting.

Edited by JoanArc
  • LOL 3
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Reddit has a screengrab

Totally agree, they're idiots. Looks like some family outsiders were there too. So many religious groups hat have defied the group size advice have come down with the virus, with more than a few hospitalizations and even deaths. WTF? Jill is lucky she's persona non grata.

Covid-19 Kids and Counting.

Covidiots! Hybrid of Covid and Idiot. People who don't take coronavirus seriously.  

Jill Rodrigues is a moron. I expect more of you Duggars. If nothing else, I thought they were PR savvy. I think Michelle and Josie are the highest risk. I hope nothing too bad happens them, especially Josie and the other children. 

• Love 10

Wow, the Duggars do fall in with that crowd. If too many folks keep doing this, the restrictions we have in place will keep getting extended, or become even more restrictive.

One of the reasons Covid is so contagious is that Patient Zero of any given group is most often not showing symptoms when they infect others.

And to bring that many folks into the Duggar home is even more covidiotic. Did anyone go around wiping down high touch surfaces during and after? Did they all stop putting young kids on the kitchen counter? Did anyone tell Josie not to lick things?

And ... isn't the social distancing and no groups over ten for the entire country?

It's folks like the Duggars that make me not trust that the mail carrier, or the grocery store cleaning crews, the pharm tech, etc, are really taking precautions in protecting themselves and everyone else.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow, the Duggars do fall in with that crowd. If too many folks keep doing this, the restrictions we have in place will keep getting extended, or become even more restrictive.

This might be an unpopular opinion and I'm not really one for something like martial law, but I'm not sure I'd be upset in this case. The people who were complying and staying home except for absolute essentials might be annoyed but will understand it's for the greater good. People like the Rods and the Duggars and everyone else out because they think they're above the virus can bitch and moan about "their freedoms" while facing jail charges or massive fines. This is not about your wants, Susan. It's a public health crisis.

Stay at home orders are fine but ultimately useless if not somehow enforced. 

• Love 12

Oh, that's too bad. I too thought they would have had better PR. Maybe that's why Anna took it down. 

Of course, they can argue that they'll take their chances because Jesus, but they are also privileged enough to feel well right now, so of course they can proclaim Jesus. Just wait until one of them actually gets sick. The outlook on mortality is different when one is feeling fine versus when one is feeling sick, especially with something like COVID-19.

• Love 13

None of them will get sick! Jesus will fight the virus and protect them!!!

I didn't expect anything less from the Duggars. The list of sensible things they have ever done takes less time to read out loud than reading a haiku out loud. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 7

And when one (or more) of them needs to go to the hospital, of course they'll go and take up a bed.  God forbid one of them be alone for a while.  This kind of activity is being seen in fundamentalist groups from the Deep South to Brooklyn to Israel.  

ETA: By "this kind of activity" I mean meeting in large groups for marriages, religious services, funerals, etc. 

Edited by Quilt Fairy
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Arkansas falls in the bottom 5 states for social distancing.

And I’m curious, what are the rates of infection there and in the other bottom states?  

• Love 2
(edited)

How exactly are they calculating social distancing and grading it? I've seen one website where Arkansas gets a poor grade, but my own town isn't even an option to look up. I'm not going to say Arkansas is doing great and that there aren't idiots like the Duggars flouting the rules because of course there are--just like everywhere else, but from what I see anecdotally of driving through town, many people in my neck of the woods are at least trying to maintain social distancing. Even the good ol' boys who'd usually be right up on each other talking seem to keep their distance from each other.

You also have assholes from other states driving in to the national parks here. To the point, locals are putting up signs telling them to leave. 

18 minutes ago, awaken said:

And I’m curious, what are the rates of infection there and in the other bottom states?  

I have no clue what the other states are, but as of right now, we have about 564 cases out of 7,433 tests in Arkansas. The testing rules are pretty tight due to limited quantities, so there is not widespread testing. But they do have testing sites set up and people are screened there. If you meet the requirements, you are given a test. We seem to increase by about 50 cases a day, give or take. There have been 8 deaths so far. 

Today in his daily presser, the governor said the models had predicted we'd be at 1,000 cases right now. I didn't watch the press conference, so I have no clue what context that information was given in. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, awaken said:

I have no idea. I'm sure there's many variables that skew data like this. If I'm remembering correctly MA and NJ, which have high infection rates, are in the top 5, their increase in SD could be a reaction to the increase in infections. 

• Love 1

There is also a problem with that data for rural areas because there are many rural counties with limited grocery stores and health centers.  People have to travel for essential services so it looks worse than areas with more resources.

However, southern governors are not helping by not enforcing stay at home.  Or my favorite, the governor of GA stating he didn't know there were asymptomatic carriers until a few days ago.  

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

There is also a problem with that data for rural areas because there are many rural counties with limited grocery stores and health centers.  People have to travel for essential services so it looks worse than areas with more resources.

However, southern governors are not helping by not enforcing stay at home.  Or my favorite, the governor of GA stating he didn't know there were asymptomatic carriers until a few days ago.  

That's true, but they're also breaking down the data by destination area: shopping centers, restaurants, parks/trails and residential areas. The data in showing the most increase in the residential areas. So it appears more folks are visiting with folks in their neighborhoods than before.

• Useful 2
13 minutes ago, Bewitched said:

Yes, this is true. My understanding is a lot of people in my rural county have traveled to other counties to get COVID-19 tests because the supplies here are so limited that the testing requirement is stringent. Basically if you're not over 65 AND showing symptoms, you are not tested, so people under 65 who are showing symptoms have to go to another county to be tested. I think that delayed our first county's report showing up since the test results are supposed to be reported by county of residence versus county where test took place. But people here routinely travel to other counties for health stuff and shopping. We don't even have an ICU in our county. It's kind of a clusterfuck, and idiots like the Duggars with their nonchalance are not helping. 

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

That's true, but they're also breaking down the data by destination area: shopping centers, restaurants, parks/trails and residential areas. The data in showing the most increase in the residential areas. So it appears more folks are visiting with folks in their neighborhoods than before.

I wonder if some of that is the fact that more people are just walking around their neighborhoods. I know that in mine, I’ve seen more families out walking or on bikes in the last week than ever before. They aren’t stopping to visit or congregate in groups, but with ALL activities cancelled and most people working from home, there’s more time in the evenings for things like that. 

Topic?  Josh is still a predator and Anna is an idiot for staying with him. 

Edited by irisheyes
  • Love 19
(edited)
6 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

so they dress for church in their usual clothes and one kid usually wears a rain jacket with the hood up while holding a baby??

The weird part is it was pretty rainy here over the weekend (though it did clear up on Sunday), so I don't know why they weren't all in rain gear . . . or didn't just take the pic inside?

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Zella said:

I don't know why they weren't all in rain gear . . . or didn't just take the pic inside?

Limited backdrops in the TTH-annex.  They have to keep up appearances that they are NOT living in a warehouse.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Is that the Duggar back 40? Do the Smuggars still live in the "guest house?"

Aren’t they going on month five of no visible employment?  And oh yeah, a major recession/depression level economic crash. Everybody sure smiles a lot for people that could wind up eating food out of the Aldi dumpsters by the end the year.

• Love 4
On 4/5/2020 at 1:27 PM, Bewitched said:

Right. Luckily our local officials have been a lot smarter. We have been isolated for 3 weeks going on forever it seems. 

• Love 8
6 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Right. Luckily our local officials have been a lot smarter. We have been isolated for 3 weeks going on forever it seems. 

same! i started quarantine on march 13 and have had rare occasion to go out..maybe twice or three times. i do get in my car every few days and just take a drive around my neighborhood. i find it helps reset my attitude.

• Love 10
On 4/6/2020 at 8:56 PM, JoanArc said:

Aren’t they going on month five of no visible employment?  And oh yeah, a major recession/depression level economic crash. Everybody sure smiles a lot for people that could wind up eating food out of the Aldi dumpsters by the end the year.

Right?! I wonder what the Easter outfits are - are they new? Were they bought a month or more ago, or were they bought since we were encouraged to stay home? Even online ordering new Easter clothes would be not a financial choice I would make if I were them. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, drafan said:

Anna should put her own name in that jar and they can pray that she gets up the courage to leave Joshley.

I used the sad emoji because that will never happen. 

7 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

All that bent over kneeling really creeps me out. Those kids look like they’re ready to submit to the lash. 

7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I agree. So sad to see them brainwashed so young.

Oh good, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who was uncomfortable with those pictures. 

• Love 17