Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

Smuggs it's almost August and it's time for your Sinners Camp. Remember that Anna needs a new baby next year. 

Month seven of unemployment, too!

• Love 4

I truly wonder if the long-term plan is for the Smuggar family to remain at the TTH compound indefinitely and JB & Meech will basically pass the crown over to them.  Anna appears to be following in Meech's footsteps in having as many blessings as God allows and Smugs isn't the type of guy who will ever hold a regular job (ala JB).

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I truly wonder if the long-term plan is for the Smuggar family to remain at the TTH compound indefinitely and JB & Meech will basically pass the crown over to them.  Anna appears to be following in Meech's footsteps in having as many blessings as God allows and Smugs isn't the type of guy who will ever hold a regular job (ala JB).

Except there are a lot of other daughters/daughters-in-law to take over for Michelle. I still think Kendra and Joe will follow the most in his parents' footsteps. 

• Useful 1
(edited)
9 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I’m not sure JB would pass on his assets to Josh. There is too much of a risk of him getting sued. He always seem to get in trouble. 

There are ways to protect assets from idiot kids.  JB can set up a trust or somesuch to keep Josh from wasting his inheritance and to protect the bulk of it should Josh do something stupid, which he inevitably will.

Look at OJ Simpson, he still owes millions to the family of the guy he killed, but he managed to protect his assets well enough that they've only collected a small fraction while he's out golfing, looking for the real killer in the sand traps.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I’m trying to figure out how he knows everything about college football when TV is the devil’s playground. 

There’s no pro team in Arkansas, so they’re all Razorback fans. They’ve been seen it many a football game. Even the cheerleaders are also the devils playground.

• Love 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

I’m trying to figure out how he knows everything about college football when TV is the devil’s playground. 

And Anna often hashtags her kids' posts with #unpluggedchildhood or childhoodunplugged...same diff. How is this kid learning about teams, players, stats, etc?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

Too bad he won't ever go to college, much less play on any kind of college team.

Yeah, what about all those defrauding cheerleaders?  Doesn't Blob have some kind of hatred for them, since his dear wife was actually one of them?  Tsk, tsk.

• Love 9
On 6/15/2020 at 6:12 PM, Sew Sumi said:

How is this kid learning about teams, players, stats, etc?

Reading the newspaper?

I think someone besides Michelle is writing these birthday greetings because they are actually personal. Although, since Josh is her favorite and Michael is his firstborn son, it might be that Michael is the only grandchild she actually knows enough about to make it personal.

• Love 4

Does anyone under 50 read a newspaper? 😃

The sports sections are woefully depleted. No one could really learn about sports reading one. Not beyond a superficial level, at any rate. 

• Love 8
34 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Does anyone under 50 read a newspaper? 😃

I do (at 30) and have for years, but I'm also kind of a weirdo. 

I can't see the Duggars reading the local paper because it's called the NW Arkansas Democrat-Gazette. It's an offshoot of the Little Rock paper (Arkansas Democrat-Gazette). The name is super old and has nothing to do with modern political parties, but I could see the Duggars being petty enough to not read it solely because of the name. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I KNEW you read the paper. You're a librarian. 😁

But anti-intellectuals like Smuganna? Not a chance.

I just tried to envision Josh reading the paper before starting his day and nearly choked laughing since a) yeah he's not reading a newspaper and b) he has no day to start. 

• LOL 20
On 6/9/2020 at 8:29 AM, doodlebug said:

There are ways to protect assets from idiot kids.  JB can set up a trust or somesuch to keep Josh from wasting his inheritance and to protect the bulk of it should Josh do something stupid, which he inevitably will.

Look at OJ Simpson, he still owes millions to the family of the guy he killed, but he managed to protect his assets well enough that they've only collected a small fraction while he's out golfing, looking for the real killer in the sand traps.

Isn’t that because he lives in Florida?  I remember reading he moved to Florida so he could hide his assets. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

If you had told me that last picture of Michelle was from 1982, I would believe it. 

I thought she looked ready to break into an old time country western song.  Something like Tammy Wynette's "Stand By Your Man", or Loretta Lynn's "You Ain't Woman Enough to Take My Man".  🤣

• LOL 13
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, AryasMum said:

Isn’t that because he lives in Florida?  I remember reading he moved to Florida so he could hide his assets. 

i believe it is also because pensions are protected from civil judgements.  OJ receives a very generous NFL pension which the Goldman family cannot touch.  He also made sure to sell off any real estate holdings he had.  As long as he rents and never buys property, there isn't anything there that can be seized.  Just as in the criminal trial, OJ found the best lawyers for civil suits, got expert financial help, and, by the time the trial was over; there was virtually nothing available to pay the judgement.

• Useful 7
  • Love 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, AryasMum said:

His considerable NFL pension is untouchable.  

If you want to read about the extraordinarily shoe deals pro athletes negotiate, look up Alan Iverson, Reebock, and how a perpetually bankrupt athlete tax wise,  earns millions in trust. 

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2

So this guy was running a human trafficking ring and the taxpayers were footing the bill? Unbelievable. I'm sure Josh's grimy paws are mixed in with it somehow. I can't imagine the Feds raided his car lot for nothing.

• Love 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, VioletWitch said:

Is it just me or have the birthday messages been more personal this year?

The happy birthday mad libs were being parodied over the internet. This pains me to say it but I think the Duggars realized they had to sound like they knew which person they were referring to and adjusted accordingly. With most of the marrieds (and Jana) trying to be ~influencers~, the overall Duggar family account has to be personable too. Otherwise all the faaaaaaaaaaaaamily posts on the individual Instagram accounts appear insincere. 

And they are insincere but so many people don't realize that. 

Also every time I see this topic bumped up I wonder if Anna weaned M6 early at an attempt for M7.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, VioletWitch said:

Would not be suprised if Anna is pregnant again or will be soon. 

Duggar Data has M7 for October 2021. I could see Anna attempting to speed it up if there are more pregnancies than Joy and Jinger's though. Can't miss out on those photo shoots!

Are those all current photos? They were out in public doing brunch (with multiple households), pedicures, and plant-shopping NOW? With nary a mask between them and during a pandemic? In a state that is a COVID-19 hot spot at the moment? What the hell is wrong with them?

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Anna is just 32, and 12 years married to Josh? I get exhausted just thinking about that. 

Don't forget he's unemployed, with no prospects, and six kids.

4 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Are those all current photos? They were out in public doing brunch (with multiple households), pedicures, and plant-shopping NOW? With nary a mask between them and during a pandemic? In a state that is a COVID-19 hot spot at the moment? What the hell is wrong with them?

Not just in a state with a COVID-19 hot spot but literally where they live is the hot spot! 

• Love 1