Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Portia said:

I finally got to see the movie 1917, and it was very nearly ruined for me because of how much one of the leads, Dean Charles Chapman, reminds me of a young Josh Duggar. I'd seen him previously on Game of Thrones, but the resemblance had never struck me until now. I actually had to tell myself to stop thinking about it and move on, because it truly was making it difficult for me to like his character!

MV5BNzM2Mjc2NzAzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjE0

I saw the movie too, but I did not see the resemblance to Josh at all.  In fact, I didn't even realize he had been on Game of Thrones. The dark hair and the army uniform threw me off I guess.  Or I am just not very observant.

• Love 4

Let's remember that 20 year old Anna learned about the honeymoon night only 2 weeks before her wedding. She stated herself on the show that any sooner would have been useless information. Having this knowledge too soon in life could lead them to sin in thinking about the birds and the bees. Which brings to mind, I highly doubt that 30 year old Jana, the doula, knows exactly how those babies got in there in the first place. Her training included none of that info. Yes, it's their belief to keep the unmarrieds pure minded with lack of knowledge. Remember the saying: Knowledge is power; ignorance is weakness. They prefer to keep the women weak.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Let's remember that 20 year old Anna learned about the honeymoon night only 2 weeks before her wedding. She stated herself on the show that any sooner would have been useless information. Having this knowledge too soon in life could lead them to sin in thinking about the birds and the bees

Kind of supports the idea that she didn’t know what the hell Josh did before the wedding.  For all she would’ve known sticking your hand in a vagina could be sex.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Considering the Kellers "only" had eight kids, 15 minutes/week per kid seems really low even for that number of kids. That's 2 hours per week total spending time with any kids one-on-one. 

If they had quadrupled that to 1 hour per kid per week that would be 8 hours per week in total. Given that there are 168 hours in a week, and if you factor in sleep, then you have, let's say, 100 hours of awake time. 8 hours is only 8% of that and the other 92% can be devoted to homeschooling, church, chores, meals, errands, and relaxing.

The kicker is that by the time Anna was courting Josh, Esther was out and I believe Rebekah and Daniel were as well. So only 5 - 6 kids in the house.

More evidence that just because you're in a cult that orders you to pump out as many babies as possible doesn't mean you're actually interested in your offspring in the least...or ever will be? 

• Love 11
4 minutes ago, emma675 said:

Everytime Anna posts anything my first thought is, "no one gives a shit, Anna". Which is probably not very charitable of me. 

I've been that way about Anna for awhile and I'm getting there with all the Duggars.  Nothing really changes except multiplying the faces.

• Love 13
7 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Everytime I see the baby Kynzie is holding her.  She is now a full-fledged sister mom. Can someone with Instagram tell Anna to stop having babies if her ten-year-old has to raise them?

That'll get you blocked tout de suite.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

Everytime Anna posts anything my first thought is, "no one gives a shit, Anna". Which is probably not very charitable of me. 

The fact that she keeps posting her happy little family moments like we don't know her asshole husband cheated on her and is a child molester is annoying af. No one believes this is a beautiful happy family. It's embarrassing. She should make her social media private. 

• Love 21
1 hour ago, satrunrose said:

Does anyone else feel like it's a little suspicious that Anna s going on a Pops and Lolli PR binge? Tabloid writers, feel free to quote me! 😉

Homeland Security must really be making the walls closed in.

Josh hasn't had a 'job' for like two months. Everyone is happy and smiling and going on date nights. Yeah, sure Jan. Maybe he's a co-owner of Wellington's!

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 8
5 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

The fact that she keeps posting her happy little family moments like we don't know her asshole husband cheated on her and is a child molester is annoying af. No one believes this is a beautiful happy family. It's embarrassing. She should make her social media private. 

Yes, I find it funny that her instagram says Happily married, always makes me laugh.

• LOL 5
  • Love 10
10 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

What's wrong with MaryElla?  She's never awake!!!?!?

Would you be awake a lot if that's your family? 

10 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

All those pictures do is making me wonder if he's hurting his daughters. Not exactly the reaction you want when trying to be an Instagram Star with the perfect family.

Edited by galaxygirl76

Every time I read "Pops and Lolli" I just want to scream.  Anna, at one point I felt sorry for you, but not now.  I feel sorry for your kids, especially Mackynzie.  She is never going to have a chance to have a life that doesn't include endless babies.  I just hope that Josh stays away from her. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I'm actually surprised that she doesn't post more photos of Sex-pest doing things with the kids, activities, etc to try and normalize him.  It's obvious that she knows she gets bad press and comments when she includes him.  That's got to be a huge burden.  Not that I feel sorry for her.  She made her bed, she can lie in it.  I feel VERY sorry for the kids.  Anyone with the Duggar name will suffer.  I don't see it getting any better for any of them.

I wonder how JShell feels about being called "Lolli"?  She probably pops an extra xanax every time she hears it.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Kiss my mutt said:

Every time I see a picture of their kids all I see is Josh’s fat face. How are they even supporting themselves? He’s the favored son so I’m sure Jimbob is picking up the tab even though they aren’t on the show now. 

Josh sold his house. I assume JB gave them a house to live in and they are using the $ from the sale to live on.

• Useful 3
7 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I wonder how JShell feels about being called "Lolli"?  She probably pops an extra xanax every time she hears it.

...and dusts off her old pom-poms for a private cheerleading session where Pops can pretend to be her jock boyfriend.

In other words: she loves it. Xanax being the perk.

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Anna just wants us to think she's happy with Smugs, and has forgiven what he did. I hope she's secretly seething inside. Sorry, Anna. No one feels sorry for you. You had the chance to leave, and you didn't. You're stuck now. 

I'm not so sure she's unhappy.  As long as her fertility, and the Duggar fame and fortune are intact, I suspect she'll be "happily married" no matter what Josh does.  Her main goal in life is to pop out babies, and she's been able to do this with barely a pause since she and the molester got married.  Also, unlike many people with six children, she gets to live in nice houses, has plenty of food, and is able to take very nice vacations several times a year.  Plus, I'm sure there are idiots who fawn all over her on social media every time she posts pictures of her "perfect" little family.

It all may come crashing down on her one of these days, and maybe it almost did with the cheating scandal, but as long as she can keep getting pregnant, she seems happy enough married to a cheating child molester.

• Love 8
15 hours ago, MonicaM said:

I'm not so sure she's unhappy.  As long as her fertility, and the Duggar fame and fortune are intact, I suspect she'll be "happily married" no matter what Josh does.  Her main goal in life is to pop out babies, and she's been able to do this with barely a pause since she and the molester got married.  Also, unlike many people with six children, she gets to live in nice houses, has plenty of food, and is able to take very nice vacations several times a year.  Plus, I'm sure there are idiots who fawn all over her on social media every time she posts pictures of her "perfect" little family.

Plus, she gets all of the bonus points with the Big Man Upstairs - and perhaps more importantly with her fellow fundies - for standing by her husband. Josh is her ride and die, no matter what he does. 

• Love 4
On 2/9/2020 at 10:58 PM, QuinnInND said:

Anna actually looks nice in that picture.  There. I said something nice about them. I sincerely hope that asshole she's married to is leaving the girls alone. Just the thought makes me angry. 

Pregnancy glow...she should be expecting another blessing soon  

Edited by Namaste

How can they do all this traveling with no source of income?

eta: Comments seem to run in the vein that they were at the Daytona 500. I wonder if Cheeto will stay for the resumption of the race tomorrow?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 11
On 2/9/2020 at 7:39 PM, CalicoKitty said:

Fun fact about Billy Sunday:  He planted trees on my uncle's family farm in Nevada, Iowa. ( Actually, that's about the only fact I know about him.)

Probably the most positive thing he ever did. He was basically Gothard the First, except he played major-league baseball before he started spouting Gothard-type stuff around the country. As with Gothard and others of that ilk, people always figured there had to be some scams behind his accumulation of money. But nobody could ever pin anything on him. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures, 1 video:

I was just over in the Sweet Fellowship thread where there are several pictures of the family of Jill Rodrigues with Anna's parents (Anna's brother is engaged to the eldest Rod daughter).  I never noticed before how much Anna looks like her mother (but Anna is still young/thin, has had the advantage of orthodontia, and has JB giving her spending money for modern clothes).  I take back what I said before about Anna possibly having some tweaks done.  I think her face has just rapidly started changing into her mom's face over the past year or so. (My face looked more like a mix of both of my parents until I hit my 30s.  I've looked a little more like my mom than my dad each year since I turned 30. Maybe Anna has this "used to resemble both parents but is aging into her mom's face" phenomenon that I have going on, too.)

Maryella is a beautiful baby, even if her name looks like Mary-Yell!-A and if her pathetic disgraced conservative-politican-wanna-be and his adoring wife are her parents.  Maryella looks like she knows what's up and is embarrassed of her parents already. I'd be fake sleeping in all photos with them, too. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 9