Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

1D5DE6CF-F8E9-463F-9E1E-05679FE6BD48.jpeg

Is that a live animal Meredith is snuggling or a toy? The kids look very cute and happy. 

1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Anna’s kids always appear to be happy and well taken care of.  The prayer jar shows that she’s making an attempt to show them that you can thoughtfully serve others through prayer without stipulations tacked on.

That being said, I wish she’d left Josh 5 years and 2 kids ago.  She could be the most loving mother in the world but it’s all for naught if she’s still with him.  It’s so frustrating.

ditto. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, madpsych78 said:

That is the most I have seen any one of the M kids resemble Smuggar (i.e., Michael).

I've noticed that for a while now. Michael is Smuggar's mini me. Poor kid. 😕

• Love 1

Daisy is one big (and cute) bunny!  I had an albino rabbit, but she was just a mean little bitch.

Meredith is still my favorite M kid.  She has a little sparkle in her eye.  At least for the time being.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Anna’s kids always appear to be happy and well taken care of.  The prayer jar shows that she’s making an attempt to show them that you can thoughtfully serve others through prayer without stipulations tacked on.

That being said, I wish she’d left Josh 5 years and 2 kids ago.  She could be the most loving mother in the world but it’s all for naught if she’s still with him.  It’s so frustrating.

I'd agree with you until the posting of the children kneeling in front of the sofa.  Public displays of piety set my teeth on edge.

• Love 20
On 4/12/2020 at 6:52 PM, ginger90 said:

I’m guessing it’s  their rabbit, Daisy.

5DC56022-C864-4EC4-94F1-87070A07890E.jpeg

I read Anna's caption quickly and thought it said Marlon BRANDO'S Best Christmas Ever instead of Bundo's. I was already thinking that I never knew Brando wrote a Christmas book. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

I read Anna's caption quickly and thought it said Marlon BRANDO'S Best Christmas Ever instead of Bundo's. I was already thinking that I never knew Brando wrote a Christmas book. 

Marlon Bundo is the Pence family's bunny.  The books are written and illustrated by Mike Pence's family.  I do want to send Anna this book instead--

https://www.amazon.com/Tonight-Oliver-Presents-Marlon-Bundo/dp/B07BFJF8PP/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=john+oliver&qid=1586875048&s=books&sr=1-1

• LOL 12
  • Love 5
On 4/14/2020 at 8:39 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

Marlon Bundo is the Pence family's bunny.  The books are written and illustrated by Mike Pence's family.  I do want to send Anna this book instead--

https://www.amazon.com/Tonight-Oliver-Presents-Marlon-Bundo/dp/B07BFJF8PP/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=john+oliver&qid=1586875048&s=books&sr=1-1

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks of John Oliver's book every time VP Pence book pops up. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, andromeda331 said:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks of John Oliver's book every time VP Pence book pops up. 

For some reason my library has the John Oliver version as an ebook.  I can't figure out if it was ordered purposely or if my dumb evangelical colleague ordered it thinking she was getting the Pence version. 

• LOL 19

Anna’s kids look clean and well taken care of. There I said something nice.

Okay, I will say something nice also. Since getting married Josh, Joe and John David all look better, cleaner. Poor Josiah is still a mess.

• Love 7

I don't think Josh looks better, although in his case, they've been married a long time and he has aged quite a bit. But that's not because of Anna. I do agree that all of her kids look properly cared for.

I do think marriage has helped Joe's looks, and although I still think JD looks like of greasy, he at least looks way happier now than when he was single.

I do agree that Josiah appears to be the one Duggar son who doesn't appear to have improved (looks or demeanor) after getting married. Not worse, but just the same.

• Love 10

Well, his lawsuit against the city and county for undue stress or whatever was dismissed by the court. So, he lost. 😁

The girls' lawsuit is still ongoing. It was either thrown out by the city or county, county I think, but the one lawsuit remains.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Josh, if Scandal #3 hasn't already happened, will you please hop on it? #bored #quarantined #missingpostersposts 

If MarYella ends up being a big sister sooner than normal, we'll know something is up.

• Love 1

It wouldn't surprise if she and several of the other Duggar women/wives try to get pregnant so they can proudly show off their Covid-19 baby boom with the rest of the world. Even though they maintain their own self-imposed isolation even when the world is not having a pandemic.

3 hours ago, Nysha said:

It wouldn't surprise if she and several of the other Duggar women/wives try to get pregnant so they can proudly show off their Covid-19 baby boom with the rest of the world. Even though they maintain their own self-imposed isolation even when the world is not having a pandemic.

I wouldn't be surprised. If we hit 2021 without Seewald #4 and JoKen #3 on the way, I will be very surprised. Anna could very well wean M6 to try and get pregnant again, you know. Have a sense of belonging and all that. 

• Love 4

I wonder how that initial conversation goes about girls not wearing pants? Or is it just so normal in their crowd, like boys not wearing dresses, that the conversation doesn't exist.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wonder how that initial conversation goes about girls not wearing pants? Or is it just so normal in their crowd, like boys not wearing dresses, that the conversation doesn't exist.

I don't think there is a conversation for them about it because it is so engrained as a norm for them. And I think the kids who grow up in that system not only get curiosity beat out of them pretty quickly but they also learn that it is not a good idea to ask. 

• Love 2
On 4/21/2020 at 7:31 AM, GeeGolly said:

As a former evangelical/ fundy lite the conversation doesn’t happen 

• Useful 5
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Kiki620 said:

I must have missed this.  What is the girls' lawsuit for? 

The girls are suing for documents pertaining to Josh's actions released to In Touch Magazine that were improperly redacted.  The documents were given to In Touch magazine by the county following a FOIA request.  The county legally had to comply but did not fully redact the information about the girls.  The girls have sued almost everyone involved with the release of these documents and most have been thrown out.  I believe this lawsuit is against the individuals who did the redacting personally.  

While Josh has tried to sue In Touch and the local government, his lawsuits have been thrown out.  Back when the police investigated Josh, Ma and Pa Duggar did not do anything to make this report go away.  Josh also did not try to get this record sealed after turning 18.  He was never charged with a crime, so he was never sentenced for what he did.  Because of this, the records of the initial investigation were never sealed.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 2

If I didn't know what a scumbag Josh was I wouldn't think that he looks bad but it's hard to look at him without the judgment that goes with his repulsive actions.  And the pretense of  being holier than others makes it almost impossible.  I think the children are all cute and I also think that Anna and Josh look like they could be related.

• Love 5

Anna can put any spin on this she wants but these girls aren't anywhere near best friends.  Mac has been Meredith's sister mom since she was born and Mac was only 6.

• Love 1

Just who is Anna, and the Duggar daughters, trying to relate to? 

Mainstream America would probably relate more to, the boys are watching a Youtube video on volcanoes, the baby is asleep and these two are settled in a chair for a few minutes, hopefully I'll be able to shower in peace with a glass of wine.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And Anna fails to recognize women who are both working and homeschooling. She doesn't have the added stress of a paying job.

The only job that she has is making Smuggar a sandwich whenever he demands one. 

• Love 3