Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

they choose their favorite toppings of cheese, tomato or sour cream?

wow, how do they ever decide??

Edited by crazy8s
  • LOL 12
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, louannems said:

So even though JB supports them, they still get grass fed beef and squeezable sour cream?

The prince cannot go without.  The patriarchy is alive and well in duggarville. Josh molest his sisters and cheats on his wife, but he asks jesus to forgive him; so he gets a house, a "business" handed to him and grass fed beef. Jill doesn't keep sweet(?) has actual feelings about being molested that can't be prayed away (?), so she gets shunned and needs JB's permission to come over and tend to Jessa, his adult laboring daughter who specifically asked for Jill.

Edited by Picture It. Sicily
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, BitterApple said:

My guess is no. Even in the whacked-out Fundieverse, I can't imagine too many people wanting to pal around with the wife of a known child molester. If I had kids, there's no way in hell they'd set foot in Smuggar's house. 

If I had them, they would't be allowed around ANY Duggar or Duggar adjacent.  I think they are a terrible influence in all ways.  I lump all Gothards into the Duggar adjacents.  I will also throw in any ex Vision Forum peeps into the not allowed around bunch.  

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Better than hands. 🤣

DD56D00B-865A-4591-A084-7EF680FAEE1E.jpeg

FBB606CB-422F-40BD-81DE-520A7DB4431B.jpeg

I really hope these ladies find another use for that thing.  Might be the only orgasm they ever reach.

• LOL 7
  • Love 14
52 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Looks like their recent date night took place at the big round house. 

Screenshot_20200130-130824_Instagram-1080x934.thumb.jpg.fba8c764cc931a3dc88c4c13fd587def.jpg

Screenshot_20200130-125639_Chrome.thumb.jpg.023cb568de2d712b6dd3e6581bca772e.jpg

Hmmm, it looks lived in. Or staged. So there living in the TTH guest house and hang out at the Round House? Curiouser and curiouser.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

Looks like their recent date night took place at the big round house. 

Screenshot_20200130-130824_Instagram-1080x934.thumb.jpg.fba8c764cc931a3dc88c4c13fd587def.jpg

Screenshot_20200130-125639_Chrome.thumb.jpg.023cb568de2d712b6dd3e6581bca772e.jpg

That sounds like it should be the name of Michelle’s uterus. 

• LOL 23
  • Love 1
On 1/26/2020 at 3:05 PM, awaken said:

Agree. Looks like Mary-yella, emphasis on the “yell” or mar-yella like you said!  

Jeesh.. just call her ELLA.. Oh, wait, that would not go with the M name profile.. idiots

• Love 6
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And they call Mackynzie, Kynzie as well. I'm thinking maybe they'll call her Ellie.

Anna should've gone with trendier names like Michaela and Mackenna rather than Meredith and Maryella. They could've had a cute, same-letter nickname theme with Kynzie, Kayla and Kenna.

• Love 6
On 1/29/2020 at 12:24 PM, dariafan said:

Does Anna ever leave the house?  Does she have any friends ?

Do any of them have any friends? 

Friends are, literally, forbidden in the Gothard belief system. Hanging around with friends beyond your immediate family, and especially friends in your own age bracket, is a sure ticket to hell (some, but not many, exceptions provided for married men).

Looks to me like virtually all of Duggardom continues to adhere to that "principle," possibly consciously but certainly unconsciously because it's what they've always known. 

The only exceptions I've noticed are when they attend some event with other Gothardites and stand around talking and being photographed with people they haven't seen in four or five years and may well not see again for another 10.......

And the little flurries of talking about their "friends" and their "sweet friends"  when they smell social-media wonderment at how weird and unhealthy the "no friends" thing is.

Then they're all put on orders to have lunch with somebody like the Tacos for Life woman or Sierra and post photos of it so they can fool the TeeVee audience -- and fool themselves -- into imagining that they actually have friends and know something about what actual friends are. 

Neither imagining is the case. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 2
  • Love 10
On 2/4/2020 at 8:24 AM, Churchhoney said:

Do any of them have any friends? 

Friends are, literally, forbidden in the Gothard belief system. Hanging around with friends beyond your immediate family, and especially friends in your own age bracket, is a sure ticket to hell (some, but not many, exceptions provided for married men).

Looks to me like virtually all of Duggardom continues to adhere to that "principle," possibly consciously but certainly unconsciously because it's what they've always known. 

The only exceptions I've noticed are when they attend some event with other Gothardites and stand around talking and being photographed with people they haven't seen in four or five years and may well not see again for another 10.......

And the little flurries of talking about their "friends" and their "sweet friends"  when they smell social-media wonderment at how weird and unhealthy the "no friends" thing is.

Then they're all put on orders to have lunch with somebody like the Tacos for Life woman or Sierra and post photos of it so they can fool the TeeVee audience -- and fool themselves -- into imagining that they actually have friends and know something about what actual friends are. 

Neither imagining is the case. 

Yes. I see this a lot with the Duggars and the Bateses. During early seasons TLC tried to push this narrative that the two families were really close friends, but now it seems like they don’t even know each other very well. The only true friendship that seems to have come out of that connection is Joy/Carlin. I guess TLC thought it would be too weird to show a family with no friends.

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

Yes. I see this a lot with the Duggars and the Bateses. During early seasons TLC tried to push this narrative that the two families were really close friends, but now it seems like they don’t even know each other very well. The only true friendship that seems to have come out of that connection is Joy/Carlin. I guess TLC thought it would be too weird to show a family with no friends.

I think both are true. The Bates and Duggars were long distance family friends who met up at various Gothard events and visited each other a couple times a year. Hardly best friends, but likely the closest either had. Now, I doubt either filming contract would allow them to be featured in each other's shows.

• Love 15
6 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Yeah, I'd bet that's it exactly. So much  for "reality." 

• Love 6

I will say that Anna appears to be a much more involved home schoolteacher than Michelle ever was.  Of course, she doesn't have the sheer number of kids to teach, but I do think her kids will at least be able to read at an appropriate age level and have decent basic math skills. 

Edited by 3 is enough
Maybe I was being too generous. Let's say basic math skills. ;)
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I will say that Anna appears to be a much more involved home schoolteacher than Michelle ever was.  Of course, she doesn't have the sheer number of kids to teach, but I do think her kids will at least be able to read at an appropriate age level and have decent math skills. 

Decent third grade math skills at best.  

• Love 11
14 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

I will say that Anna appears to be a much more involved home schoolteacher than Michelle ever was.  Of course, she doesn't have the sheer number of kids to teach, but I do think her kids will at least be able to read at an appropriate age level and have decent math skills. 

Didn't Anna actually study education at some fundie college?  You know, to try to prepare herself to educate her children.  Her kids might not end up with the equivalent of a public school education, but the odds are better for them than for the rest of the family.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

Didn't Anna actually study education at some fundie college?  You know, to try to prepare herself to educate her children.

I think she did an online program. College Minus? 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

According to Fandom:

Along with her siblings, Anna was homeschooled, and completed high school at the age of sixteen. 

After high school, Anna enrolled in an online Christian college program from which she received a degree in early child education. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2

I was looking for something Anna related today. While doing so, I saw an article that stated when Anna and Josh were courting, she wasn’t allowed to discuss it with her sisters. It was also stated that the only discussion with her mother about it, was to take place during Anna’s allotted  15 minutes a week.

Does anyone recall this as having been discussed on the show at the time?

It was attributed to “sources”, so I’m curious.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I was looking for something Anna related today. While doing so, I saw an article that stated when Anna and Josh were courting, she wasn’t allowed to discuss it with her sisters. It was also stated that the only discussion with her mother about it, was to take place during Anna’s allotted  15 minutes a week.

Does anyone recall this as having been discussed on the show at the time?

It was attributed to “sources”, so I’m curious.

I have a vague recollection of the Keller kids having scheduled times with the mom. But I think I remember Anna discussing kissing with one of her sisters. So, I guess my answer is no.

• Love 2

I remember the thing with Anna and her 15 minute allotted time with her mother. Each child had 15 minutes a week for one on one time. Yes, Anna had only that time to discuss her relationship and feelings about Joshie. She was not allowed to discuss those things with her siblings either as none of them at home were married. Yes, folks this is true. I think it was awful then and I think it's awful now. Sad, very sad. I hope things will be better for McKynzie and her sisters. I doubt it though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5

Of course, she's teaching him about Billy Sunday.....So it all stays inside the orthodoxy. 

My favorite Billy Sunday quote is what he said about pastors and theologians who allowed as how evolution seemed to be scientific fact: "I wonder God lets some people live." 

Edited by Churchhoney

I finally got to see the movie 1917, and it was very nearly ruined for me because of how much one of the leads, Dean Charles Chapman, reminds me of a young Josh Duggar. I'd seen him previously on Game of Thrones, but the resemblance had never struck me until now. I actually had to tell myself to stop thinking about it and move on, because it truly was making it difficult for me to like his character!

MV5BNzM2Mjc2NzAzMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjE0

Edited by Portia
  • LOL 1

Considering the Kellers "only" had eight kids, 15 minutes/week per kid seems really low even for that number of kids. That's 2 hours per week total spending time with any kids one-on-one. 

If they had quadrupled that to 1 hour per kid per week that would be 8 hours per week in total. Given that there are 168 hours in a week, and if you factor in sleep, then you have, let's say, 100 hours of awake time. 8 hours is only 8% of that and the other 92% can be devoted to homeschooling, church, chores, meals, errands, and relaxing.

The kicker is that by the time Anna was courting Josh, Esther was out and I believe Rebekah and Daniel were as well. So only 5 - 6 kids in the house.

• Useful 3
  • Love 8