Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Wow that disgusting pool looks like it would be a major bio-hazard.  Who in their right mind left water in there?  I wonder if the property was abandoned for years/

I have a feeling the owner lived there as he/she sank into full dotage, spent many years in a house way way way too big for him/her and either eventually just died there or ended up in a nursing home and died there. 

And the way-out-of-state heirs just groaned in annoyance and declined to spruce the house back up for sale ...

...so then it sat and sat and sat on the market. 

It's a shame because I expect it's a well-made house, and it isn't an extremely eccentric house like the round one. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 5

That flagstone flooring would make me turn around and walk out, especially if that's a kitchen or entertainment area. It's cold, hard, rough, and probably a chore to clean. I live in a cold climate, so that would not be a choice I'd consider. And my feet hurt just looking at it. 

• Love 16
7 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

That flagstone flooring would make me turn around and walk out, especially if that's a kitchen or entertainment area. It's cold, hard, rough, and probably a chore to clean. I live in a cold climate, so that would not be a choice I'd consider. And my feet hurt just looking at it. 

It's in the ENTIRE house. They even brought it up on some of the baseboards too.

14 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

Not great for super-sensitive feet, definitely.

That house is in a pretty hot climate, though. And stone floors are definitely a major cooling element in hot weather.....

Plus, with all those stone floors, it's clear that that was a very very expensive and luxurious house when it was built.

So I'd bet there's radiant heat under those floors. That changes everything, temperature-wise, because it makes the floors warm all over in winter. The stone conducts heat with great efficiency so every inch of them is warm, and then the heat just softly rises into the rest of the room.

I lived for a while in a fancy neighborhood (cold climate)about the age of that one and some of the houses had the radiant-heat-under-flagstone floors. They were great in all seasons (pretty easy to clean, too, mostly damp mopping, the owners said....but of course you want nice rugs in a lot of the rooms so....more big money...)

Of course, by this point, the old radiant heating system almost certainly should be replaced ... So.....add another pricey reno operation to the swimming-pool overhaul. 

That could be a super-nice house if you spent the money to redo it right. But Jim Bob's a cheapskate looking to palm off properties on other people at as big a profit for him as he can get, obviously.

It's as odd a buy as the round house for somebody like him....

...I guess he wanted the cellphone towers? That doesn't explain the round house buy, though. Nor does it mean he actually had a plan for this house other than cell-tower income ... I'd want a plan if I was buying a property this major -- but then I like old buildings with good bones and would like them to be preserved and in use and JB likes tin junk and cash....

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
19 hours ago, Temperance said:

If Anna is planning to be the next Michelle, she'd better step it up. She's 31 and 1/2  and only 6 kids. Michelle had 9 kids at her age. Michelle also pretty much had baby every year, not every other year. 

How Anna lets that slug touch her I’ll never know 🤢

• Love 4
1 minute ago, PuffinFizz said:

How Anna lets that slug touch her I’ll never know

She closes her eyes and thinks about Jesus (and maybe in her imagination, Jesus is played by James Franco). Anyway, if Josh is anything like his father, "it doesn't take that long".

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Not great for super-sensitive feet, definitely.

That house is in a pretty hot climate, though. And stone floors are definitely a major cooling element in hot weather.....

Plus, with all those stone floors, it's clear that that was a very very expensive and luxurious house when it was built.

So I'd bet there's radiant heat under those floors. That changes everything, temperature-wise, because it makes the floors warm all over in winter. The stone conducts heat with great efficiency so every inch of them is warm, and then the heat just softly rises into the rest of the room.

I lived for a while in a fancy neighborhood (cold climate)about the age of that one and some of the houses had the radiant-heat-under-flagstone floors. They were great in all seasons (pretty easy to clean, too, mostly damp mopping, the owners said....but of course you want nice rugs in a lot of the rooms so....more big money...)

Of course, by this point, the old radiant heating system almost certainly should be replaced ... So.....add another pricey reno operation to the swimming-pool overhaul. 

That could be a super-nice house if you spent the money to redo it right. But Jim Bob's a cheapskate looking to palm off properties on other people at as big a profit for him as he can get, obviously.

It's as odd a buy as the round house for somebody like him....

...I guess he wanted the cellphone towers? That doesn't explain the round house buy, though. Nor does it mean he actually had a plan for this house other than cell-tower income ... I'd want a plan if I was buying a property this major -- but then I like old buildings with good bones and would like them to be preserved and in use and JB likes tin junk and cash....

I was thinking the same thing about the cell towers. Revenue. It was all about generating revenue. The house was secondary to the money. 💰 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, Temperance said:

If Anna is planning to be the next Michelle, she'd better step it up. She's 31 and 1/2  and only 6 kids. Michelle had 9 kids at her age. Michelle also pretty much had baby every year, not every other year. 

No twins yet for Ofsmuggar, either. She better not be counting on (HA) being the next Mullet. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

It's miserably hot in the summer, but I wouldn't necessarily call the rest of the year here hot, especially compared to South Arkansas. It gets cool enough in the winter months that it seems insane to have that type of flooring year-round. 

• Love 1

I don't usually comment on people's weight or looks because I know how hard it is to stay in shape, but I'll make an exception for that smug, gross ass Josh. Wtf happened to his neck? He's gotten so big it just looks like a head on top of a big, round body.

• LOL 5
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Anna and the girls got free clothes. This is the same company that sends Alyssa clothes. 

Kids are cute the Smuggers look terrible. 

This picture doesn't look like Anna to me. It seems that she sometimes has looked very different in recent pictures, but sometimes looks like  her usual self. It throws me off. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, Zella said:

It's miserably hot in the summer, but I wouldn't necessarily call the rest of the year here hot, especially compared to South Arkansas. It gets cool enough in the winter months that it seems insane to have that type of flooring year-round. 

I hear ya. ....But as a person who also lives in a place where it's very hot and humid in the summer but not the rest of the year, I'm still a bigger fan of stuff that cools me down in the summer than I am of anything else....It's being hot that I hate the most. When it's cold I can put on layers of clothing -- but when it's hot, I can't take enough off! 

As for the floor in winter -- it's odd if there wasn't radiant heat under the floor. However, many people who were rich enough to put in all stone floors at the period in which that house was built were also rich enough and smart enough to put radiant heat in those floors. And I can say from personal experience that a flagstone floor with radiant heat under is actually very warm and cozy because of the way heat spreads through stone!

Unfortunately, that heating system is old now and undoubtedly needs to be completely done over, most likely. 

• Love 4

The area rugs on those floors will need some heavy duty padding underneath them to smooth out the unevenness of the floor. They better give Maryella a helmet and wrist guards if she's going to learn to walk there.

• Love 3

I understand putting leggings under dresses for play or because the dresses are shorter than their pretend modesty rules allow, but these dresses are almost ankle-length. If they absolutely need to have their legs covered at all times, why not put them in tights? 

• Love 9

The world according to granddaughter is that leggings are more comfortable than tights.  Very light weight shorts for under dresses and similar weight leggings are sold here and that's what we get for granddaughter.  Her private school requires shorts or leggings under all dresses even ankle length ones and no it isn't fundie.  The dress code doesn't even mention tights.  I think the tights are tougher for the girls to manage for toileting.

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
On 1/11/2020 at 7:32 AM, GeeGolly said:

If you look at the satellite image the ginormous cell phone towers are just feet from the back of the house. And I'm thinking if I had a house full of children I would fence it off.

Because you have the sense god gave paste 😆

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I think Chaz lost weight. Chaz is also a decent guy unlike the pig named Josh. 

Amen to that, I follow Chaz on instagram and he's a real sweetheart... Loves animals. ❤

Also agree with you about Josh. 🐷 

• Love 10

I was just wondering...if there were no molesting and cheating, would Josh still be considered disgusting and all the coments? Or are they more presonality descriptions,and not the looks?

I have too much free time to think...

• Love 3
On 1/12/2020 at 2:12 PM, Lunera said:

Flash forward 10 years.....oldest M'girl on the right will be holding her own blessing, the M'boy next to her will be acourtin', there will be 5 more #littleduggars standing in the front, Anna will be holding another M'newborn, and Joshley will look as smug as ever.  M'Puke.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
On 1/12/2020 at 11:12 AM, Lunera said:

Anna and the girls got free clothes. This is the same company that sends Alyssa clothes. 

Kids are cute the Smuggers look terrible. 

I don't know anything about these people and their clothing so I have to ask....

Do they get these strange matching outfits from companies that specialize in church clothes for Dugger types?

Also I hope Anna is keeping a close eye on perv Josh around his little daughters....

I don't trust that pig.  

• Love 10

Someone on another forum, possibly reddit, pointed out that this picture is a copy of what one of the Bates girls did, down to nearly the exact same outfits, just in a different color.  It was said that the Bates girl got them from a fan.  Not sure where Anna got hers.

It was Reddit - found it!4mjnwc4hgka41.jpg

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

Someone on another forum, possibly reddit, pointed out that this picture is a copy of what one of the Bates girls did, down to nearly the exact same outfits, just in a different color.  It was said that the Bates girl got them from a fan.  Not sure where Anna got hers.

It was Reddit - found it!4mjnwc4hgka41.jpg

Omg... Okay that's just awful... All i can think is CULT. 😲

• Love 16
1 hour ago, BigBingerBro said:

4mjnwc4hgka41.jpg

Who wore it better? #notthelittleduggars 

WTF? “Leave a huge air gap in between us!  Oh, and Josh please gain 30 lbs and stand next to Anna’s stunt double,”

• LOL 12
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I don't know anything about these people and their clothing so I have to ask....

Do they get these strange matching outfits from companies that specialize in church clothes for Dugger types?

I looked it up and this particular company, Ivy City Co, is based in Utah and it appeared on a list of Best LDS shops. 

The sell modest 'mommy and me' outfits. Jinger advertised for them last year and Alyssa and her kids have appeared on their Instagram account. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I was just wondering...if there were no molesting and cheating, would Josh still be considered disgusting and all the coments? Or are they more presonality descriptions,and not the looks?

I have too much free time to think...

I remember lurking on the old TWOP boards, and the posters there were always snarking on Josh, his Instagram posts full of greasy food, and his weight gain. Oh and his Crocs.

• LOL 3
  • Love 11
13 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I remember lurking on the old TWOP boards, and the posters there were always snarking on Josh, his Instagram posts full of greasy food, and his weight gain. Oh and his Crocs.

Oh man, I forgot all about the fast food pics. I was snarking then, under one of many usernames (TWOP Howard banned me at least 3 times 😁). I've called him Smuggar for years, long before the scandals. Heck, long before his stint at the FRC. 

• LOL 14
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

WTF? “Leave a huge air gap in between us!  Oh, and Josh please gain 30 lbs and stand next to Anna’s stunt double,”

What we think they can be original ??

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

Also I hope Anna is keeping a close eye on perv Josh around his little daughters....

I don't trust that pig.  

I hate to say it but she probably thinks he is completely cured and on the straight and narrow. In my experience (and one case was personal), they don't change. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh man, I forgot all about the fast food pics. I was snarking then, under one of many usernames (TWOP Howard banned me at least 3 times 😁). I've called him Smuggar for years, long before the scandals. Heck, long before his stint at the FRC. 

Banned at least 3 times on TWOP too! 🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I wish I could like this more than once.

16 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I was banned only once. I feel like such an underachiever. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 6

Hurry folks. The dresses appear to be sold out in blue, and limited and on sale in green. Bright red is still available. It's 100% polyester, and the skirt and bodice are fully lined up to the high neck in polyester (sweats while typing this). Adult sizes retail for $88.00. All that polyester doesn't come cheap. 

Edited by BradandJanet
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 4

Well you know its rilly hard to grow polyester and it only grows on virgin American soil, watered by the righteous tears of persecuted uhm people.

So that's why it costs so much.

That and ugly is evidently in short supply in this country so they must charge lots.

• LOL 20
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

The only time I posted I got a timeout!  Never tried posting again.

For some reason I think Smuggar smells like BO, hot dogs, and onion.

• LOL 19
  • Love 3
49 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

The only time I posted I got a timeout!  Never tried posting again.

For some reason I think Smuggar smells like BO, hot dogs, and onion.

Not hot dogs, they are meat tubes. I couldn’t believe Dim Bulb didn’t understand the connotation when using that reference. OK, I managed to make myself sick. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2