Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

15 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

It’s like hobby lobby threw up in their house 

They featured hobby lobby on the show before, I wouldn’t be surprised if they get free shit from them. The same hobby lobby that literally paid ISIS for copies of the Bible

• Love 6

Well, Anna has Jenni and Josie with her, so I presume a trip to the TTH was made to pick up the girls. That makes going to the Tontitown PD more logical. Who knows? Maybe JD was back to work as Constable. 😂

• Love 4

wasn't it just a few weeks ago someone on one of the threads here posted about how the duggar girls used to bake and take cookies to the local police and fire dept?

Suddenly we have new group taking cookies to a random PD

• Love 5

Well, before the Homeland Security raid, Smuggar was running a car lot. It's anybody's best guess what he's doing now. I bet he doesn't have the password to the home computer. 😂

1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

wasn't it just a few weeks ago someone on one of the threads here posted about how the duggar girls used to bake and take cookies to the local police and fire dept?

Suddenly we have new group taking cookies to a random PD

The PD isn't random. It's the town where Boobchelle live.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
45 minutes ago, Zella said:

It's also funny they took them to Tontitown because though that is local LE for Ma and Pa Duggar, it isn't local for Josh's family. 🤨

Well, although it has not been confirmed, there are many hints that they are currently living in an out-building at the TTH compound regardless of any property that may be in their name elsewhere.  I have a theory that they will eventually move into the TTH proper as Anna is planning to be MEshell 2.0

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Smuganna are registered to vote at that N. Springdale address. I think it's a safe bet that they do live there.

That’s where they’re registered. According to Zillow, the house was listed for sale on 01/04/2020, and the listing was removed on 01/06/2020.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 1

The house with the pool looks like it needed quite a bit of updating/renovating to live there, so maybe they're living (or were living) at the TTH while it's being worked on?

(PS I know TTH stands for Tinker Toy House, but in my mind I always see that as Tater Tot House, which also fits).  

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
55 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That’s where they’re registered. According to Zillow, the house was listed for sale on 01/04/2020, and the listing was removed on 01/06/2020.

The giant house they are trying to sell is also adjacent to that property. 

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The one with the indoor pool?

I have no clue if it has an indoor pool. I just looked at property records, which doesn't indicate details like that. But the home they are registered to vote at is adjacent to the ginormous house. The Zillow listing--which I don't see anything about it being recently for sale--also is very vague. It says there is a pool but not where in relation to the house. 

Edited by Zella
2 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh okay. I just wanted to differentiate it from the round house, which doesn't have a pool, AFAIK.

It would probably help if I had seen episodes of the show and could put faces to names, so to speak, when it comes to the properties! LOL I can PM you the addresses if you're interested. 

They showed the house with the pool on an older episode. Jill and Jessa were filmed there. It was a total dumpster fire. I don't think the round house has appeared on teevee, but I could be wrong. 

eta: @ginger90 would be able to match up addresses and houses. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, kokapetl said:

Some Duggar couple lived in a corner of the round house, and it had an elevator. I remember seeing that in the show. 

Lauren and Josiah lived in one of Jim Bob's enormous houses right after they were married.  Shortly after, the couple moved to a much cozier house, saying the big house was not cozy.  Not sure which big house it was, though.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

The address I'm seeing for where Josh is registered to vote is the house on the hill they sold last year.

Josiah and Lauren lived temporarily in some monstrosity that had, I believe, electronic grocery store like doors, inside the house. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The address I'm seeing for where Josh is registered to vote is the house on the hill they sold last year.

Josiah and Lauren lived temporarily in some monstrosity that had, I believe, electronic grocery store like doors, inside the house. 

It also had “no alcohol past this point” signs. I think it did have a pool. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Which website are you checking--Voter Records.com or the voter information registration through the Arkansas secretary of state website?

I know for a fact that the secretary of state one is more up-to-date since it reflects change in my voter registration that the other does not. Those sites differ on where Josh is registered to vote.

https://www.voterview.ar-nova.org/VoterView/RegistrantSearch.do

This is what I use for checking voter registration records in Arkansas. It is designed for you to see where you yourself are personally registered, so you have to know the person's birthdate and county to get results, though that's easily looked up for the Duggars. It will be either Benton or Washington County, and of course their birthdates are all easily googled.

• Love 2

Thank-you @Zella.

I wonder if they actually live in that house. That house was (is?) in really rough shape. Very dark and depressing too. And the floors, first no barefooting Duggars walking around in there, and how does one possibly keep the floors clean?

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Which website are you checking--Voter Records.com or the voter information registration through the Arkansas secretary of state website?

I know for a fact that the secretary of state one is more up-to-date since it reflects change in my voter registration that the other does not. Those sites differ on where Josh is registered to vote.

https://www.voterview.ar-nova.org/VoterView/RegistrantSearch.do

This is what I use for checking voter registration records in Arkansas. It is designed for you to see where you yourself are personally registered, so you have to know the person's birthdate and county to get results, though that's easily looked up for the Duggars. It will be either Benton or Washington County, and of course their birthdates are all easily googled.

So, they are in the house with the yucky pool that Jill and Jessa looked at? 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Thank-you @Zella.

I wonder if they actually live in that house. That house was (is?) in really rough shape. Very dark and depressing too. And the floors, first no barefooting Duggars walking around in there, and how does one possibly keep the floors clean?

Yeah I'm just going by the voter registration records and the property ownership records, which are a bit weird even by Duggar standards. I'm not sure why they would go through so much effort to put it in Anna's name and in an LLC for her otherwise. It is possible they haven't moved in yet and are planning on doing so, but then it is weird they're already registered to vote though. It's not in Jed!'s district, so there's no benefit to them registering there without living there. I have no clue what to make of it since so many people have said the place looked pretty rough--I have no doubt it did! 

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

So, they are in the house with the yucky pool that Jill and Jessa looked at? 

I honestly don't know. I've only ever watched 1 episode and it wasn't that one. That seems to be the consensus of people who have watched the show. 

I'm just going off property records and the Zillow listing from 3 years ago, which is sparse and doesn't include pictures of the home. That very well could be because it was so gross-looking. 

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It's the house Jessa toured on the show.

As to quote Jill, yay! 😄

I would be curious to know if they have been working on it for awhile or if that work is in progress now. I don't think it is coincidental they got the house the same month their other one sold, but who knows with these people.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Zella said:

Trulia has a picture of the house on its listing. So, could someone who has watched the episode compare and see?

It really is right by the round house. 

And just like the round house, it looks like the original owners -- who probably had it built to their own specifications back in the early 60s or thereabouts -- lived in it until they couldn't live on their own any longer. So it's got mostly original fixtures from midcentury. 

Given its vintage, it's probably quite a well built house. And at least it wouldn't have all sorts of modeling and remodeling mess all over it, so you'd just have one layer to knock out and/or rejuvenate. But fixing it back up to functionality and looks that are good enough for something of that size -- plus either fixing or removing the indoor pool, which is a way pricey operation, I gather -- would cost a lot. 

I wonder  if Jim Bob's so used to tin houses, tackiness, two-bit retail and slumlord ideas that he really underestimates what it would cost to redo those very big, well-made houses in pretty nice neighborhoods to a level that would make them tempting to people today. 

Seems like he may have found out the cost with the nearby round house. And his sales problems there suggest he's not going to profit much if any from his flipping adventure on that one. This one would have the same issues, no doubt. Complicated by both the expense of dealing with the indoor pool and the proximity of the cell towers.  (and the 10! completely unlandscaped acres that are now connected with it!...yikes.)

I wouldn't call either of those houses a particularly smart investment, especially for a greedy corner cutter of his ilk. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

It really is right by the round house. 

And just like the round house, it looks like the original owners -- who probably had it built to their own specifications back in the early 60s or thereabouts -- lived in it until they couldn't live on their own any longer. So it's got mostly original fixtures from midcentury. 

Given its vintage, it's probably quite a well built house. And at least it wouldn't have all sorts of modeling and remodeling mess all over it, so you'd just have one layer to knock out and/or rejuvenate. But fixing it back up to functionality and looks that are good enough for something of that size -- plus either fixing or removing the indoor pool, which is a way pricey operation, I gather -- would cost a lot. 

I wonder  if Jim Bob's so used to tin houses, tackiness, two-bit retail and slumlord ideas that he really underestimates what it would cost to redo those very big, well-made houses in pretty nice neighborhoods to a level that would make them tempting to people today. 

Seems like he may have found out the cost with the nearby round house. And his sales problems there suggest he's not going to profit much if any from his flipping adventure on that one. This one would have the same issues, no doubt. Complicated by both the expense of dealing with the indoor pool and the proximity of the cell towers. 

I wouldn't call either of those houses a particularly smart investment, especially for a greedy corner cutter of his ilk. 

I think you might be right about him not being familiar with housing real estate. Most of the property I saw either had commercial buildings or no buildings. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Zella said:

I think you might be right about him not being familiar with housing real estate. Most of the property I saw either had commercial buildings or no buildings. 

I'm interested to see how things will ultimately work out with the round house.

As somebody -- @GeeGolly perhaps ? -- noted a while ago, in its new for-sale iteration, it's been fully staged for the first time, and also has been reshot by what appears to be a more savvy real-estate photographer....It looks a lot better, but JB had to spend more cash for all that (which I like!)

There's a new agent, as well. A man this time......Maybe if it sells now at its new higher-than-in-September price, it'll turn out that the lack of a sale earlier was all the fault of that female agent. 

It has a heck of a lot of kitchen-like spaces, that house. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm interested to see how things will ultimately work out with the round house.

As somebody -- @GeeGolly perhaps ? -- noted a while ago, in its new for-sale iteration, it's been fully staged for the first time, and also has been reshot by what appears to be a more savvy real-estate photographer....It looks a lot better, but JB had to spend more cash for all that (which I like!)

There's a new agent, as well. A man this time......Maybe if it sells now at its new higher-than-in-September price, it'll turn out that the lack of a sale earlier was all the fault of that female agent. 

It has a heck of a lot of kitchen-like spaces, that house. 

That new agent is also Jed! 2020's "landlord." 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 1