Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

That type of clothing for little girls (with the mismatched fabrics, dresses/leggings, etc) has been wildly popular for the last few years, or it is in KY where I live.  Go into any school/church and you’ll see tons of it.  IMO it’s one of the worst fashion trends ever, but obviously I’m in the minority.

Thank goodness it hasn't caught on here to the degree it has with the Duggars.  Granddaughter has gotten a few hand-me-downs of it and we put them in the play clothes drawer immediately.  Usually she won't even wear them to play in mud.  She either wants tutus or sleek, classic lines.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, christine falls said:

MacKynzie's outfit is horrendous. The striped top half of the dress would be fine if the skirt was a solid color. But it's too many patterns. Made worse by the fact she's also wearing matching leggings (see 2nd photo). Jordyn's isn't much better. 

Really. What is that abomination she's wearing. It's making my eyes hurt. Does it come with ruby slippers??

Mack used to have a much cooler style than her aunts. I wonder if it's a representation of Anna's state of mind. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, mimionthebeach said:

Really. What is that abomination she's wearing. It's making my eyes hurt. Does it come with ruby slippers?

My thoughts exactly...

They look like they should be sticking out from under a house. 😲

• LOL 8
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Really. What is that abomination she's wearing. It's making my eyes hurt. Does it come with ruby slippers??

Mack used to have a much cooler style than her aunts. I wonder if it's a representation of Anna's state of mind. 

Maybe Ofsmuggar is letting Mackynzie choose her own clothes (within fundie parameters). She's old enough to choose and old enough to want to express herself through her clothing, like most other preteen girls. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, TrixieTrue said:

That is the best I have ever seen Josie look. 

Her hair looks noticeably different.  Different color and much thicker.  Can photoshop do that?  I can't imagine them dying her hair and using extensions.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Her hair looks noticeably different.  Different color and much thicker.  Can photoshop do that?  I can't imagine them dying her hair and using extensions.

Anna probably took the photo with her phone and used a filter app for the faces. Josie usually has shadows under her eyes, as do many people of all ages. They aren't in evidence in those pictures. Just IMO.

• Useful 4
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, christine falls said:

MacKynzie's outfit is horrendous. The striped top half of the dress would be fine if the skirt was a solid color. But it's too many patterns. Made worse by the fact she's also wearing matching leggings (see 2nd photo). Jordyn's isn't much better. 

They all fit in with the odd pillow and carpet combination in the second photo, so there's a theme here. 

16 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

That type of clothing for little girls (with the mismatched fabrics, dresses/leggings, etc) has been wildly popular for the last few years, or it is in KY where I live.  Go into any school/church and you’ll see tons of it.  IMO it’s one of the worst fashion trends ever, but obviously I’m in the minority.

Maybe it's the LulaRoe influence of putting together random stuff and calling it stylish. 

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

Anyone notice that Josie has darker roots in these photos and her hair looks highlighted. I wonder if they color her hair?

I think she's probably, finally growing out of the white-blond hair she's always had. The photos are heavily filtered, too, and that probably makes a difference. 

Josie is still a lot smaller than the other two. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I actually think Josie's dress is cute and appropriate for girls

And it fits! I think one of the reasons Josie always looks infantile and slightly alien (to me) is because her dresses are always a size too big and her hair never looks combed correctly. In the first picture, on the tire swing, she looks older and very nice. 

• Love 13

I actually thought it was a sweet picture and video of the girls on the swing, and for once "liked" one of their photos and didn't make a passive aggressive comment.  I think it's neat that the 3 girls are the same age for a few days!  My daughter's birthday is also this week so I'm partial to the litte girls!

I agree, Josie does look a lot healthier and less frail lately.  

The mismatched outfits I believe are dresses that are already like that, not separates that the girls put together.  But even if they did, I"m not into stifling kids' creativity just to have them wear outfits that match.  My kids have always chosen their own clothes, and have gone out mismatched lots of the time.  I was just happy they dressed themselves!

There, now that is probably my one positive comment about the Duggars for the whole year!  Back to snarking.  

• LOL 13
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, skatelady said:

In the second picture, is that.... barbed wire in the background? Geez. What a metaphor. 

Barbed wire is everywhere out in the country in the US West and Midwest. I come from Oklahoma, next door to Arkansas. Out there, it ain't metaphorical, it's just fencing.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Barbed wire is everywhere out in the country in the US West and Midwest. I come from Oklahoma, next door to Arkansas. Out there, it ain't metaphorical, it's just fencing.

That's what I was thinking! I see so much of it, I only notice when fences aren't made out of barbed wire. Bonus points if it's called bob wire. 😄 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Tasya said:

That's not a hair bow though...It's clearly one of those decorative ones that you hang around your house. I have the same ones on my mantle. 

Yeah, I think she's wearing a Christmas decoration for fun.  My sisters and I used to make necklaces out of the tinsel garland stuff.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Wait - Jordyn and Josie are BOTH 10 years old?

Josie was due in April and born at 25 weeks gestation. She spent many months in the NICU. If she hadn't been so premature and she and Jordyn would be about 15/16 months apart instead of 50 weeks and 6 days. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
43 minutes ago, Tasya said:

That's not a hair bow though...It's clearly one of those decorative ones that you hang around your house. I have the same ones on my mantle. 

I know it's a decorative bow. 😀

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Smuggar's company held in contempt of court for failing to provide information for discovery. Travis Story represented Smuggar in court today.

I wonder what happened today with this and if Josh met the court order. I noticed Anna is limiting comments on Insta again. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
On 12/17/2019 at 3:55 PM, Lukeysboat said:

I wonder what happened today with this and if Josh met the court order. I noticed Anna is limiting comments on Insta again. 

Did this have anything to do with Homeland Security inspection?

3 hours ago, Portia said:

Oh, good gosh. Those Marlin Bundo books are about friggin' Mike Pence's rabbit. 

Well, two literally are. But a third one is by somebody working with John Oliver's staff, a woman named Jill Twiss. And in that one, MP's rabbit, Marlon Bundo, is gay and enters a happy gay marriage. 

Three Marlon Bundo books. Two very different takes on the bunny. 😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 16
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, two literally are. But a third one is by somebody working with John Oliver's staff, a woman named Jill Twiss. And in that one, MP's rabbit Marlon Bundo is gay and enters a happy gay marriage. 

Three Marlon Bundo books. Two very different takes on the bunny. 😁

I wondered if anyone was going to bring that up. Every time I see Pence's book I immediately think of John Oliver's version of the happy gay rabbit that enters a happy gay marriage and the awesome episode on it.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Is it sad that I'm glad that Michael is the one who got stuck holding the baby (and I phrase it that because he looks less than thrilled about it), rather than Mack? Also, why is Meredith the only kid lucky enough to have footie pajamas?

Meredith is also the only one that looks remotely happy. The rest look miserable. 😔 

• Love 4

David Pris Waller posted a pic of a bunch of Kellers and their spouses/kids at Ma and Pa Keller’s in Florida this weekend to celebrate Christmas. Anna, Josh and kids included. I predict JoshAnna will be back at the TTH for Xmas.

• Useful 5