Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

They also praise Michelle and tator tot casserole.

A recipe for Crock Pot Tator Tot Casserole was on my Facebook feed this morning and all I could think about was Michelle having the girls make 6-7 batches for Sunday dinner.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Michelle was there? Somehow this makes no sense to me.

It makes total sense to me.

1. Josh is her forever favorite child, followed by Miracle Josie.
  2. Anna was the Prince's chosen Princess, and has been loyal, quiet, and faithful during all Josh's fall from grace, etc.
  3. Meech would move heaven and earth to get her beloved Crown Prince Josh back on teevee. And keep her own face there too.

So if there's a photo opp to showcase the marvelous godly happy little Prince Duggar family? You can bet the rent that Meech will be there to be sure there's the Official Duggar Family stamp of approval. "See? These are Duggar kids. Disgrace? What disgrace? Nonsense! Satan just tried to mess with us but we're okay now! Just another happy bunch of cute Duggars who should be on your teevee as often as possible!"

• LOL 1
  • Love 18
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

How many words/phrases beyond, season of life, surreal, blessings, walk through, trials, righteously fulfilled, big pregnant, train up, servant's heart, defrauding, sweet friend, God's timing, obedient, do you all think they actually say when they're together?

I think they also throw a lot of mean, catty barbs at each other under the guise of "good natured" teasing and have a grand time trashing whoever didn't show up.

• Love 16

The Duggars believe in the sins of the father abomination. Then that means the M kids will forever carry Volderjosh’s plethora of sins? I think it’s abhorrent just to contemplate such a thing. But the Duggars are such paragons of virtue and no way would they deviate from their faith just because the golden 💩 got caught. 

• Love 3
On 12/6/2019 at 4:15 AM, Barb23 said:

I can't believe Mechelle isn't holding one of the babies.  I thought she is grandmother extroidinaire & can't get enough of them. You know Kellie Bates would be balancing 2 grandbabies on her lap.  

I have never once thought that Kelly Bates is any more into her children and grandchildren, or a better mother, than Michelle Duggar. The Bateses are just Duggars in more aesthetic packaging. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, SMama said:

The Duggars believe in the sins of the father abomination. Then that means the M kids will forever carry Volderjosh’s plethora of sins? I think it’s abhorrent just to contemplate such a thing. But the Duggars are such paragons of virtue and no way would they deviate from their faith just because the golden 💩 got caught. 

No, that doesn’t count because Josh repented and Jesus washed his sins away. He’s as innocent as a newborn lamb now. Plus, it wasn’t really his fault because Satan set a trap for him. The “sins of the father” thing only applies to non-believers like atheists and Catholics.

Edited by Albanyguy
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

No, that doesn’t count because Josh repented and Jesus washed his sins away. He’s as innocent as a newborn lamb now. Plus, it wasn’t really his fault because Satan set a trap for him. The “sins of the father” thing only applies to non-believers like atheists and Catholics.

And adopted kids, apparently. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Heathen said:

I have never once thought that Kelly Bates is any more into her children and grandchildren, or a better mother, than Michelle Duggar. The Bateses are just Duggars in more aesthetic packaging. 

I actually think the Bates kids and parents have a more “real” relationship. The kids know each other, hang out without being at their compound and regularly visit each other. Kelli also seems to know more about her kids and their “servants hearts”. 

The beliefs are the same and the package is nicer, I think it’s because they are better looking and have real relationships.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, NotthebadVictoria said:

The beliefs are the same and the package is nicer, I think it’s because they are better looking and have real relationships.

not sure the relationships are any more real, but the Bates kids' interactions with each other seem so much less awkward than that of the duggar kids.

• Love 12

Having an oldest son who is a child molester will make family interactions more awkward. I think the Bates family appears to enjoy each other's company more because they don't have that hanging over all of their family interactions.

Edited by irisheyes
  • Useful 2
  • Love 22

There's a saying "You're only as sick as your secrets." I think the molestation was worse than admitted and that secret has poisoned relationships for the older Duggars, especially with each other. 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

There's a saying "You're only as sick as your secrets." I think the molestation was worse than admitted and that secret has poisoned relationships for the older Duggars, especially with each other. 

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a lot of guilt and resentment among the older kids about who knew what and who did or didn't tell, even if it is just internal guilt and anger directed at themselves. And that's a shame, really, since the only person who is at fault is Josh (and Jim Bob and Michelle for not protecting their other children.)

I could be mistaken, but didn't it come out that Jill is the one who told on Josh about him molesting one of the other siblings? I know they claimed that Josh confessed on his own, but I don't buy that for a minute. 

• Love 18

Yes, Zella. There seems to be a bit of confusion about the Josh discovery. One time it was said that Josh, HIMSELF, came to his parents a confessed...THEN another version was that Jill walked in on him and a victim and ran to tell their parents. Quite different versions. I believe he was discovered...just like the Ashley Madison thing. He was discovered...not confessed.

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

#bananacurls

baby isn’t in pink and no giant head bow . I like it. Also also all the kids seem actually happy and clean. Unlike the Rod kids who look half starved and terrified and dirty. 

Though I cannot fathom her decision to stay with the sex pest, I do think Anna has the logistics of household management and most parenting tasks down pat much better than her in-laws. With the exception of apparently keeping track of her kids in public.

• Love 13

Anna is remarkably good at keeping up a "wholesome" image. She's meanwhile losing kids in public, had a baby last week, and is married to...Josh (not even going to go into all the problems with that, you all know). Yet she still manages to scrub everyone up for a rosy-cheeked photo ops one after another. I'm seeing now why she was picked as..."a good match" for Josh. She's his perfect match, really.

I find all these people so confounding.

• Love 14

Of course Anna's kids look scrubbed and nice for this photo. Let's not forget that Anna does NOT do it all herself....she has two housemaids at her disposal....McKynzie is old enough to be 'mommy's helper' and the actual 11-12 year old "mommy's helper' that lives with them. 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Zella said:

Though I cannot fathom her decision to stay with the sex pest, I do think Anna has the logistics of household management and most parenting tasks down pat much better than her in-laws. With the exception of apparently keeping track of her kids in public.

Ugh,  except for the part about importing a mother‘s helper who may or may not be human trafficked. 

9 hours ago, floridamom said:

Of course Anna's kids look scrubbed and nice for this photo. Let's not forget that Anna does NOT do it all herself....she has two housemaids at her disposal....McKynzie is old enough to be 'mommy's helper' and the actual 11-12 year old "mommy's helper' that lives with them. 

We have no evidence that anyone other than Anna's kids live with her and Josh. Considering they live on the TTH grounds, it's possible that girl was staying with JB and Michelle. Or her parents took an extended stay in the area. But the rumor that the girl lives with them is just that.

I agree Kynzie is a mother's helper and that she has help before she take photos. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Useful 1
  • Love 11
7 minutes ago, rue721 said:

Honestly, I could have fifty mother’s helpers and would not be willing to go to the Duggar Family Thanksgiving (TM)  literally a day after giving birth, newborn in arms. Nor would I be showing up with bells on to the Monday Family Fun Night Ugly Sweater Party (TM) a couple days later. Hell, I wouldn’t even be with Josh at this point, let alone having more babies with him and cozying up to his mother and sisters. It’s not just that Anna is physically able to scrub up, it’s that she even wants to. It’s not just that she’s a Kool Aid drinker, it’s that she’s enthusiastic about making her own face and those of her children and even (infamous) husband the public face of Gothard — still! And by “still,” I don’t just mean even after all the scandals — that she’s going strong after eleven years is exceptional, period. I find it bizarre but the Duggars picked this daughter-in-law perfectly, considering their goals. Boggles the mind.

The day after childbirth (with the exception of being "unclean" and extra so because she had a girl) Anna is like the ideal Quiverfull wife in all her glory. Of course she's going to go to prove she is the most fertile, recently whelped, in a society that worships only churning out children over money. These are her golden days. I bet you couldn't keep her from showing up with undomesticated equines. 

• Love 10
6 hours ago, Readalot said:

A local teacher here is accused of molesting a few girls. Dept of Homeland Security is asking the public for any details or info on other victims. - So lets hope this Is not it. 

That kind of rules out the Duggars, unless the teacher was a member of their church.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

That kind of rules out the Duggars, unless the teacher was a member of their church.

Sorry for the miscommunication, local to me here in CA. Point being, DHS does investigate child molestation. 

• Love 5
On 12/10/2019 at 1:38 AM, kokapetl said:

I think all the kids look like Anna. They all have the crooked nose. 

Unfortunately 3 have the Duggar eyes   If they didn’t they could pretend they don’t have his genes 

• LOL 2
On 12/7/2019 at 10:19 PM, Nysha said:

I've long suspected that Josh sexually abused Jana on a deeper level than the other girls and that's why they've stopped her from courting. I just can't shake the feeling. Plus I don't know if I can ever recall her speaking or looking at him favorably. 

Edited by Tasya
  • Useful 3
13 minutes ago, Tasya said:

I've long suspected that Josh sexually abused Jana on a deeper level than the other girls and that's why they've stopped her from courting. I just can't shake the feeling. Plus I don't know if I can ever recall her speaking or looking at him favorably. 

I thought Jana was the only one of those girls he didn't molest back then

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Tasya said:

The Duggars didn't keep Jill, Jessa, Jinger, or Joy from dating and marrying. 

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, Heathen said:

The Duggars didn't keep Jill, Jessa, Jinger, or Joy from dating and marrying. 

True, but he "just" touched them right? For some reason I've always suspected that he did more with Jana. I could be completely wrong but...It's the Duggars. 

• Love 4

Josie all of a sudden looks so much older and not so frail. Possibly because her hair looks styled. I'm guessing this is a photo shoot, not just random photos. 

MacKynzie's outfit is horrendous. The striped top half of the dress would be fine if the skirt was a solid color. But it's too many patterns. Made worse by the fact she's also wearing matching leggings (see 2nd photo). Jordyn's isn't much better. 

• Love 16
51 minutes ago, christine falls said:

Josie all of a sudden looks so much older and not so frail. Possibly because her hair looks styled. I'm guessing this is a photo shoot, not just random photos. 

MacKynzie's outfit is horrendous. The striped top half of the dress would be fine if the skirt was a solid color. But it's too many patterns. Made worse by the fact she's also wearing matching leggings (see 2nd photo). Jordyn's isn't much better. 

That type of clothing for little girls (with the mismatched fabrics, dresses/leggings, etc) has been wildly popular for the last few years, or it is in KY where I live.  Go into any school/church and you’ll see tons of it.  IMO it’s one of the worst fashion trends ever, but obviously I’m in the minority.

• LOL 1
  • Love 14