Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

2 pictures:

I normally avoid the Smuggar thread, but saw that it was active tonight and took a look.

This is almost an anti-Duggar photo. The kids are clean -- some have wet hair like they just got out of the bath; they're wearing clean pajamas, and they're reading a book.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Namaste said:

Meredith is also the only one that looks remotely happy. The rest look miserable. 😔 

Anna probably spent a half hour staging the photo and they were over it. But anything for the 'gram. Dithy got to hold the rabbit so that's why she was happy. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

David Pris Waller posted a pic of a bunch of Kellers and their spouses/kids at Ma and Pa Keller’s in Florida this weekend to celebrate Christmas. Anna, Josh and kids included. I predict JoshAnna will be back at the TTH for Xmas.

They're in FL? It doesn't look like FL to me.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

David Pris Waller posted a pic of a bunch of Kellers and their spouses/kids at Ma and Pa Keller’s in Florida this weekend to celebrate Christmas. Anna, Josh and kids included. I predict JoshAnna will be back at the TTH for Xmas.

I would have been so pissed off to be on the little-girl swing when the boys got to stand up on the cross bars and stretch and see things at a distance....

Patriarchy is so annoying. And so adept at brainwashing girls early to think that boys are strong, brave, free and adventuresome while they're only suited for sitting down on the damn swing. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

Josh looks like a slob in that picture with Anna's family. Dress up a bit.

I noticed both him & Anna looked like they grabbed what was handy to put on.  David said the picture was taken after church where there was a Christmas program so they couldn't have dressed up?  Anna could have at least brought & worn a red or white sweater instead of the gold mustard colored one.  She could have worn nicer shoes than the Birkenstocks as well. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 8
5 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I noticed both him & Anna looked like the grabbed what was handy to put on.  David said the picture was taken after church where there was a Christmas program so they couldn't have dressed up?  Anna could have at least brought & worn a red or white sweater instead of the gold mustard colored one.  She could have worn nicer shoes than the Birkenstocks as well. 

Anna just gave birth a few weeks ago, so I give her a pass that she managed to get dressed at all.  She may have limited options as to what fits ok right now and her feet may still be a little swollen and the Birkenstocks might be her only comfortable shoes at present.

Josh, on the other hand, could've managed a pair of khakis and a dress shirt like the other men in the family.

• Love 24
25 minutes ago, Portia said:

I find that third photo . . . mystifying. So someone put the baby between a wrapped Christmas gift and a Christmas pillow? And then said "Reckon I'll snap a picture of that"?

It looks to me like a major Pinterest fail!

• LOL 12
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Portia said:

I find that third photo . . . mystifying. So someone put the baby between a wrapped Christmas gift and a Christmas pillow? And then said "Reckon I'll snap a picture of that"?

i think they really wanted a play on the outfit with lights and the package with lights on the wrapping paper, but then had to throw in the pillow with the nativity to remind us they are all about Jesus....and not about gifts.

even the baby and just the plain square box would have been non pic worthy

• Love 5
3 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

I think the third pic is because the outfit is similar to gift wrap pattern.

Sure, I noticed that, but then why the nativity pillow? That's what I find so incongruous. I like @crazy8s's theory. But the whole thing seems so half-assed. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Half assed is what it means to be a Duggar.

Truer words were never spoken.  Wouldn't it be great to send a sampler with this on it to Jim Bob and Michelle?

• LOL 5
  • Love 3

I've been watching the old Duggar videos & shows. I just finished the Christmas one where Josh is the narrator & walks us through different parts of the TTH where everone is doing something getting ready for Christmas.  It was Dec 2014 cuz Jill was pregnant with Izzy.  She wore the cream colored sweater with the big ribbon across her belly.  Ugh!  

It is so sick to watch Josh tell us how Godly a family they are considering what was coming for them in 2015.  It's also hard to watch the earliest shows knowing what the girls went through esp the one where Joy is a little girl. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I've been watching the old Duggar videos & shows. I just finished the Christmas one where Josh is the narrator & walks us through different parts of the TTH where everone is doing something getting ready for Christmas.  It was Dec 2014 cuz Jill was pregnant with Izzy.  She wore the cream colored sweater with the big ribbon across her belly.  Ugh!  

It is so sick to watch Josh tell us how Godly a family they are considering what was coming for them in 2015.  It's also hard to watch the earliest shows knowing what the girls went through esp the one where Joy is a little girl. 

I have a hard time watching ANY Duggar shows because of all the lying. I'm thinking of when they said Josh was able to get married at 20 because he owned his home (no, he didn't -- it was Mary's) and his own car lot (no, he didn't -- it was Jim Bob's). Leave and cleave, my ass. 

I absolutely abhor lying and the Duggars just drive me crazy because they lie all the damn time. Not to mention the hypocrisy so typical of bible thumpers. Side hugs only but our son molested his own sisters, including a preschool-age child, but gawd forgave him so it's okay. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I have a hard time watching ANY Duggar shows because of all the lying. I'm thinking of when they said Josh was able to get married at 20 because he owned his home (no, he didn't -- it was Mary's) and his own car lot (no, he didn't -- it was Jim Bob's). Leave and cleave, my ass. 

I absolutely abhor lying and the Duggars just drive me crazy because they lie all the damn time. Not to mention the hypocrisy so typical of bible thumpers. Side hugs only but our son molested his own sisters, including a preschool-age child, but gawd forgave him so it's okay. 

I can’t watch it now either. I stopped watching completely when Joshgate 1 hit.

• Love 7
On 12/1/2019 at 1:20 PM, doodlebug said:

I think the reference was to Tom Robinson, the character falsely accused of rape by a woman named Mayella in To Kill a Mockingbird.

If you're wondering why I knew that, maybe the fact that I named my new puppy Scout would be a clue.

Umm...that’s the very same Tom. Loved the book. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, zenme said:

Umm...that’s the very same Tom. Loved the book. 

Yes, it sure is.  I thought that was obvious. Also one of my favorites.

In any event, I guess we can be glad that Smuggar didn't go with Mayella for the baby. Not that he's ever read the book or would get anything out of it if he did.  

• Love 7
8 hours ago, doodlebug said:

In any event, I guess we can be glad that Smuggar didn't go with Mayella for the baby. Not that he's ever read the a book or would get anything out of it if he did.  

FTFY. 😀

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 12/29/2019 at 10:20 AM, doodlebug said:

In any event, I guess we can be glad that Smuggar didn't go with Mayella for the baby. Not that he's ever read the book or would get anything out of it if he did.  

I did not think you realized until told that your Tom and chifforobe Tom were the same character. 

Back on topic: What will the Smuggars name #7, in two years? Martin or Marilyn/Madelyn/Madylyne are my guesses. 

• Love 2

Oh Anna. These are her words regarding Josh and the molestations, quoted in People, May 2015. Three months later Ashley Madison happened.

“[I know] who Josh really is – someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended,” said Anna, 26. “Someone who had received the help needed to change the direction of his life and do what is right.”

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Heathen said:

I Back on topic: What will the Smuggars name #7, in two years? Martin or Marilyn/Madelyn/Madylyne are my guesses. 

M’edium Security if the DHS  investigation goes anywhere 

• LOL 14
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh Anna. These are her words regarding Josh and the molestations, quoted in People, May 2015. Three months later Ashley Madison happened.

“[I know] who Josh really is – someone who had gone down a wrong path and had humbled himself before God and those whom he had offended,” said Anna, 26. “Someone who had received the help needed to change the direction of his life and do what is right.”

Offended, Anna? He did a little more than offend his sisters and the babysitter.

• Love 20
On 12/31/2019 at 9:16 AM, GeeGolly said:

Josh and the molestations

I sense a new career path. Family band, named Josh and the Molestations. 😀 They aren't good musicians, however, so it won't last.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1