Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

Judging by the arm bracelet and mass-produced artwork in the background, Jinger is most definitely in a hospital or birthing center.

I also agree that Jeremy is looking weird in pictures lately, almost like he's in some kind of pain. I'm giving Jinger a pass because she just pushed an eight pound baby out of her hoo-ha, but I would've expected Jeremy to look a little more excited.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Good to know. I didn't see a bracelet on the baby or on Jinger, so I was concerned. She's a good, healthy weight without being a giant like her cousins, and it appears that Jinger gave birth without drama or complications. 

I think that this is the only family that we've seen so far where she has any chance of being loved as a person and not as a notch on a belt. I wish them all the best.

We should be able to see the difference when Jinger and Jeremy have to do their visits to the TTH and we can see the cousins together. This will be Michelle's first grandchild that lives states away so I wonder how she will respond to Felicity.

1 hour ago, saylubee said:

Love the name.  Felicity is old-school and there won’t be any in her class.  I haven’t heard that one in my mommy circles at all.

Like she will ever see the inside of an actual classroom .

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Judging by the arm bracelet and mass-produced artwork in the background, Jinger is most definitely in a hospital or birthing center.

I also agree that Jeremy is looking weird in pictures lately, almost like he's in some kind of pain. I'm giving Jinger a pass because she just pushed an eight pound baby out of her hoo-ha, but I would've expected Jeremy to look a little more excited.

If the baby was born at 4:37 he has probably not gotten any sleep since yesterday morning. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

I'd normally agree, but I think if any Duggar grandchild stands a chance at some form of actual schooling---albeit, likely private and Christian based, it's gonna be Felicity. 

I agree.  I can see Jeremy wanting HIS children to get a formal education, and of course at a Christian school. No Duggar Academy for him, lol!

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, sarasue59 said:

I agree.  I can see Jeremy wanting HIS children to get a formal education, and of course at a Christian school. No Duggar Academy for him, lol!

Wasn’t Jeremy homeschooled for a long time, then went to public school where he considers himself to go off the rails? 

He might be all for homeschooling 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Totally said:

Wasn’t Jeremy homeschooled for a long time, then went to public school where he considers himself to go off the rails? 

He might be all for homeschooling 

God, I hope not!  I want that little girl to have a chance to get an education.  If the person teaching the homeschool had skills or at least the drive to make sure she got the best education possible, okay, but I have a hard time believing that, given Jinjer's abysmal schooling, that Felicity and any siblings would get a better education than their mother.  Although there is the distinct possibility that Jinjer and Babe would step up to the plate and do a great job.  I just don't know.  We'll see.  By the way, congrats to the new parent!  She is a lovely baby, and a pretty name to match.  Props to them for seemingly delivering in a hospital as well.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, PoshSprinkles said:

In comparison to her sisters, yes. Michelle, IIRC, only had one nine-pounder and that was Jessa. 

ETA: The name isn't that bad at all. It wouldn't be my first choice for my daughter and I'm glad my first choice hasn't been picked by any of the married couples. Sadly, a future son's name has. Oh well. 

Spurgeon Poshsprinkles? ;) 

Good for the Vuolos for picking a good name and a hospital/birthing center birth. Stuff it, Aunt Jill. 

• Love 11

It appears to be a TLC photo. A photo that keeps viewers guessing. Tight shot, Jinger in street clothes and barely a shot of the baby at all.

They played it safe by giving Felicity Jinger's middle name.

Giant baby headband with a bow. Why?

• Love 2
(edited)

Looks like a hospital blanket and cap. And Jinger's hair looks straight. I can't imagine doing my hair and applying make-up within hours of giving birth because in the other pic Jinger's hair is wavy. She must have given birth and cleaned up quickly.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5
(edited)

Happy for them. Not the greatest picture, but I’m sure there will be plenty more!

Jill’s congratulations is so Jill: (I wonder if she received permission this time)

D486B86F-702A-4016-B390-B483EF77A5D2.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, skipnjump said:

I'm surprised they picked Felicity - that's a nice Catholic name.  St. Felicity was one of the early Christian martyrs

It's also a virtue name like Patience, Hope, Charity and Faith, technically :)

• Love 13

Love the name. I have a family member named Felicity, so I'm good with it. She looks adorable and healthy and seems to be born in a hospital or birthing center..win win!

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

The art teacher at my twin's HS named her daughter Cinnamon. I thought it was an interesting name then I found out her husband was a baker and he came up with the name.

I'm still going with a semi-Italian name, Ava Maria. 

In the TV version of Mission Impossible, Barbara Bain's character was named Cinnamon Carter. So, the name has been around so some time.

• Love 2

Congratulations to the couple.  I'm glad all are well.  I'm a little disappointed that we didn't see an Eva Grace, but,.......lol. I'm sure that Felicity will work just fine.

I noticed that with Jinger's hair, it seemed loosely curled, which got me to thinking.  Do you think the girls still get perms?

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Anna had one of the kids on the toilet.  Either Marcus or Meredith I think.

That’s not at all unusual. It’s a good position for pushing and birthing. What’s unusual is that it was televised for the world to see! 

• Love 10
11 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

Nice name.  Happy for Jinger and Jeremy.  

I wonder if Jill and Jessa will send good wishes.  I'm sure they still haven't gotten over the fact that Jinger has a girl on her first try and they both have two boys.  

I don't understand why everyone thinks Jessa and Jill are jealous of a girl child.  The males rule in their belief system.  And I'm sure Jeremy is jonesing for a boy child he can name after himself.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I give him a little bit of a pass. Working with new dads every day, they are usually pretty exhausted, nervous, with emotions all over the place wanting to support their partner and new baby but feeling unsure in the new role. 

• Love 17
11 hours ago, HooHooHoo said:

I like the name.  Not something I would pick, but it is a real name and spelled correctly, so it works. Jinger looks tired. Poor thing had to get all dolled up for a photo shoot, so Jeremy can show off his perfet family. 

More like had to get all dolled up to earn that paycheck and there's no way Jinger would ever allow herself photographed for a magazine without makeup on. Making money--despite having zero skills or work ethic--just by slapping on some makeup when tired seems like a sweet deal to me.

I was really hoping Jinger would be the one fundie who didn't slap a huge ugly headband on a baby girl.

• Love 19

I really like the name. It’s a character/virtue name but not too on the nose like faith, hope, Joy, charity, etc. 

And, it doesn’t start with a J. I really hope we will not see a letter name theme!

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I don't understand why everyone thinks Jessa and Jill are jealous of a girl child.  The males rule in their belief system.  And I'm sure Jeremy is jonesing for a boy child he can name after himself.

While I agree that their belief system is very heavily male, this is another area in which Jinger can stand out. To date, Anna---the in-law---was the only girl producer which gave Jinger or Jessa the ability to have a 'first'. Add in that Jinger just did pregnancy better and yeah, I could see some bitterness. Maybe not from Jessa, but from Jill. Jill was the perfect Gothard daughter and her adult life has been shit---it's likely rocking her faith a bit. 

• Love 10
21 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Because apparently in their religion, having your older children be girls means you can throw the responsibility of all future babies and housework on them as Michelle did.  

• Love 19
8 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

In comparison to her sisters, yes. Michelle, IIRC, only had one nine-pounder and that was Jessa. 

ETA: The name isn't that bad at all. It wouldn't be my first choice for my daughter and I'm glad my first choice hasn't been picked by any of the married couples. Sadly, a future son's name has. Oh well. 

Let me guess - Spurgeon?

• Love 19
14 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

Saffy darling...?

That sentence ends with "Get mummy a ciggy, would you sweetie darling"?  ;-)    

Can we assume that neither Patsy or Eddie are in the name mix?  *LOL*

• Love 8

Smart them using Jinger's own middle name for her daughter.  No way to show any favoritism to either side of the family with that, though maybe to hers a bit. 

I like it.  Good job V's!

• Love 4

What a cute little nugget! And now the race is on for, I think, the only remaining "first" for the Duggar daughters (though given statistical odds, maybe we should let the Duggar sons play too): which one will deliver the first set of twins? (Jessa's been champing at that bit since Spurgeon.)

• Love 14
(edited)
10 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

Spurgeon?

oh crap not fast enough ?

Edited by SongbirdHollow
Great minds
  • Love 5

Let's see how long Jeremy can hold the door shut and prevent the Duggs from invading Laredo....

JD is too busy courting AbaDaba  to fly the clan so the Duggs may have to load up the bus and do a road trip.

Would JimBlob and Chelle  take a commercial flight?

I am sure Jeremy would rather they stay in their Holler and he will bring Jinge and Felonious up to see them when he is ready....

• Love 14
16 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I used to work with a girl named Cinnamon, so anything's possible.

When I was little my cousin had a neighbor named Cinnamon.  

14 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

The speech path teacher at my twin's grammar school her name was Burgundy. I kind you NOT. I felt bad for her because I can't imagine going through life with that name. 

I deal with students at Orientation at our school so I see a ton of names and it is always fun to see what the trends were back when these kids were born.  Natalie was pretty popular a couple of years ago when it wasn't that common before.  I saw one yesterday that I had never seen before.  Ruining.  Yes, Ruining.  I googled it and its a thing.  Learn something new everyday!

• Love 5

I look forward to Felonious going to an approved Christian school so Jinge will learn what she didn't as a child...

Imagining Jinge sitting with her daughter  reading and going over homework with Jinge's eyes getting big and her thought bubble saying...why didn't I ever learn this stuff?

Why did I never learn anything above a third grade level...my 8 year old child has already exceeded my education...

Unlike Jilly who doesn't have 2 working brain cells to rub together, Jinge may actually wonder why she was deprived of a basic education.

• Love 17
(edited)

I'm glad everything went well & she is a cutie. It's so nice to see all three of them dressed nicely for the family picture as opposed to the vagabond look Jill & Derick sported when Izzy was born.

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 11
35 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

When I was little my cousin had a neighbor named Cinnamon.  

I deal with students at Orientation at our school so I see a ton of names and it is always fun to see what the trends were back when these kids were born.  Natalie was pretty popular a couple of years ago when it wasn't that common before.  I saw one yesterday that I had never seen before.  Ruining.  Yes, Ruining.  I googled it and its a thing.  Learn something new everyday!

At the library that I work with he have a guy named Billion. He has a brother..... Billennium. Seriously. they are both in their late teens but I remember them as kids coming in and me gasping at the names. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, libgirl2 said:

At the library that I work with he have a guy named Billion. He has a brother..... Billennium. Seriously. they are both in their late teens but I remember them as kids coming in and me gasping at the names. 

Ok you definitely win weird name bingo!  Makes you wonder what is in some of these parents heads!

• Love 14