Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

41 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jeremy openly talked about their five year plan and that they would have children eventually or some day.  That's not the kind of thing someone says if they are actively trying to get pregnant and not succeeding.  Jeremy's church is not against birth control.  I said it before the wedding and I still believe it, Jeremy had a box of condoms at a minimum in his suitcase for the honeymoon.  

If I remember correctly, Jeremy and Jinger stayed a couple of days in the US after their wedding before flying to Australia. Jinger has pants on for that flight. I think they bought her some new outfits and got her some  birth control during those two days. Condoms would also have been necessary that first month. 

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jeremy openly talked about their five year plan and that they would have children eventually or some day.  That's not the kind of thing someone says if they are actively trying to get pregnant and not succeeding.  Jeremy's church is not against birth control.  I said it before the wedding and I still believe it, Jeremy had a box of condoms at a minimum in his suitcase for the honeymoon.  

Jinger was also visibly uncomfortable during Jill's obnoxious questioning of whether she was pregnant during the filmed video chat between Jinger and the other sisters right after she got married. She didn't seem to know how to answer before finally saying, "not that I'm aware of."

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, graefin said:

Jinger was also visibly uncomfortable during Jill's obnoxious questioning of whether she was pregnant during the filmed video chat between Jinger and the other sisters right after she got married. She didn't seem to know how to answer before finally saying, "not that I'm aware of."

I don't watch much of this show, but I remember that. Jill really is obnoxious, isn't she?

• Love 19
(edited)

Jill is stunted in her development as an adult....her lack of awareness, inability to read the room, lack of growth and maturity is becoming more and more glaring as Jessa and Jinge have moved along from their girlish phase.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 21
(edited)
18 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I remember that and it gave me hope that Jinger had enough self-awareness to realize how inappropriate of a question that was. This family is so creepy, it's like they want ringside seats to each others' bedroom antics (and I'm only half-kidding). 

Preach. I was starting a comment about Jill and then @humbleopinion posted this:

15 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jill is stunted in her development as an adult....her lack of awareness, inability to read the room, lack of growth and maturity is becoming more and more glaring as Jessa and Jinge have moved along from their girlish phase.

Yep. I think that Jill was one of the biggest Kool-aid drinkers among the older Duggar kids, and daddy's favorite, and IMO she hasn't noticeably matured since getting married. 

Her obliviousness, however, can give us glimpses into what the Duggar parents taught their kids in private - even if they try to keep it on the downlow in public.

Her "are you pregnant yet?" question to the newlywed Jinger, I think, was a tipoff that whatever cr*p they parrot in public ("as many kids as God provides"), the Duggar kids, once married, are expected to pump out babies, as early and as often as possible. Or at least Jill, the ultimate Duggar dutiful daughter, sees it that way, and seems comfortable enough in that view to have asked that question on camera. I don't think Jill ever has an original idea, so .  . . 

Edited to add: I meant to also say that I hope Jinger has moved on and matured since her marriage. I agree with the comments above that if JinJer had been trying to conceive ever since the honeymoon, their social media or THs on the show, would probably have at least hinted at that, because it would have been sad and discouraging if Jinger wasn't pregnant despite months of trying. OTOH they seemed to have enjoyed their first year together, Jinger's personal style has improved a thousand percent, she looks happy in her photos throughout her married life. Before her pregnancy and during it, and no silly comments like "we're finally expecting." Props to Jer and Jinge for behaving like young adults

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 16
9 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

People keep assuming that Jinger or Jeremy waited a year to get pregnant.   Jinger may not be as fertile as her mother and SILs.  People seem to forget Michael Bates.  Maybe it took a year for Jinger to get pregnant.

Jinger and Jeremy were quite vocal about wanting to get to know each other first, before bringing someone else into the equation.  Don't understand what Michael's situation has to do with Jinger.   

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Jinger and Jeremy were quite vocal about wanting to get to know each other first, before bringing someone else into the equation.  Don't understand what Michael's situation has to do with Jinger.   

I think they're being compared because they were the women in each respective family to not conceive within a couple months of their weddings. Of course we now know that Michael is having issues. We can't definitively say the same for Jinger. I agree that they shouldn't be compared.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, graefin said:

4 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I remember that and it gave me hope that Jinger had enough self-awareness to realize how inappropriate of a question that was. This family is so creepy, it's like they want ringside seats to each others' bedroom antics (and I'm only half-kidding). 

Even Jessa indicated to us on that episode that one shouldn't ask whether someone is pregnant yet. She's interesting because I think in part she tows the Duggar line for the show, but wouldn't or doesn't in real life. 

• Love 9
(edited)
14 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

She's interesting because I think in part she tows the Duggar line for the show, but wouldn't or doesn't in real life. 

I think she knows how she (or they) is (are) perceived by the public who watches or follows her (them) and caters to that demographic. She's made other comments that suggest it, like when she mentioned how she never heard the end of how horrible it was that she shoved Jeremy's bookcase in the closet from her "friends" and then laughed about it.

She's savvy in that regard. 

Edited by graefin
  • Love 8
(edited)
16 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Even Jessa indicated to us on that episode that one shouldn't ask whether someone is pregnant yet. She's interesting because I think in part she tows the Duggar line for the show, but wouldn't or doesn't in real life. 

And I think she listens to snark and plays to that. Josie was shown in rapid succession on the show and in posts eating with her hands. Snark everywhere. Then an episode where Josie once again starts to eat with her hands and Jessa stops her immediately. Jessa gave a quick glance to Michelle when she stopped her, but Michelle didn't notice.

Was typing as @graefin posted.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, graefin said:

Jessa was the first to ask the question on air, she asked it a one of the weddings. I can’t remember which wedding 

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I took Jessa's response as her knowing Jinger and Jeremy were doing something to not get pregnant right away so she was actively discouraging questions. 

• Love 8

If Jessa goes this whole year without getting pregnant I'll be shocked. It would also mean that she and Bin took some birth control tips from Jeremy and Jinger.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And I think she listens to snark and plays to that. Josie was shown in rapid succession on the show and in posts eating with her hands. Snark everywhere. Then an episode where Josie once again starts to eat with her hands and Jessa stops her immediately. Jessa gave a quick glance to Michelle when she stopped her, but Michelle didn't notice.

Was typing as @graefin posted.

She also made sure to tell Josie not to touch anything when delivering goodies to Joe and Kendra’s house.  Basically, she knows we think Josie is a hot mess.

• Love 23
4 hours ago, graefin said:

I think she knows how she (or they) is (are) perceived by the public who watches or follows her (them) and caters to that demographic. She's made other comments that suggest it, like when she mentioned how she never heard the end of how horrible it was that she shoved Jeremy's bookcase in the closet from her "friends" and then laughed about it.

She's savvy in that regard. 

Oh, Jessa more than any of them is well aware of what the general public thinks of them. I remember once when she and Ben were courting, saying "I love you" to each other, and in a talking head she very snidely said--apropos of nothing--"Yes, saying 'I love you" is allowed during courtship." People online had been going on and on about how ridiculous that courting couples claim love so soon when the whole porpose of courtship is to protect the pieces of their heart. 

• Love 6

Anyway, still curious that no one in Duggarville has congratulated them. One has to wonder if Jeremy actually put a stop to eleventy thousand people galloping to the house and they are butthurt over it.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Anyway, still curious that no one in Duggarville has congratulated them. One has to wonder if Jeremy actually put a stop to eleventy thousand people galloping to the house and they are butthurt over it.

I'd think more highly of Jer, if in fact he did that.  Who needs all those wackos coming in and spreading who-knows-what germs all over a new baby?  Give their new family of three a break!

• Love 13
27 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

I hope he did! 

• Love 13
On 7/20/2018 at 6:25 PM, xwordfanatik said:

My mom would have liked the name Felicity I think, because there aren't nicknames for it, AFAIK.  Mom's attitude was always, if you choose Jennifer, and call the child Jenny, why wouldn't you just have chosen Jenny?

Lecie (or however it’s spelled: Lee-see) is the nickname for Felicity.

On 7/20/2018 at 7:19 PM, SunnyBeBe said:

I've never been a big fan of nick names.  Yes, I'll affectionately call the little angel in our family "Butter Bean" once in a while, but, mainly, I use her actual name.  It's a nice name. Why not? I know a few people who actually are called Rebecca not Becky,  Robert, not Bob and William, not Bill.  I think it takes courage to instruct others to use your real name, when they have other ideas. lol 

Ah, I see you’ve met my Susannah...

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Adeejay said:

See below.

7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I think they're being compared because they were the women in each respective family to not conceive within a couple months of their weddings. Of course we now know that Michael is having issues. We can't definitively say the same for Jinger. I agree that they shouldn't be compared.

Yes, Sew Sumi, thank you.  But I have a little correction - I wasn't comparing the two.  I was using Michael as an example.

• Love 2
(edited)
14 hours ago, Lunera said:

If Jessa goes this whole year without getting pregnant I'll be shocked. It would also mean that she and Bin took some birth control tips from Jeremy and Jinger.

Actually I’m not all that surprised.  Jessa’s still breastfeeding and sex is a lot harder to have with two, especially since I believe Henry is still in their room  Now if she makes it a full second year, then I would think she’s actively doing something to prevent getting pregnant.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 3
(edited)

I find it difficult to believe that Jinger's parents would not go and visit her and the baby. And, I can't imagine that Jeremy would be opposed to that. Maybe, it's being filmed, or maybe it's not and they are going low key, but, I can't imagine that they are just doing it all on their own without family help of some sort. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I find it difficult to believe that Jinger's parents would not go and visit her and the baby. And, I can't imagine that Jeremy would be opposed to that. Maybe, it's being filmed, or maybe it's not and they are going low key, but, I can't imagine that they are just doing it all on their own without family help of some sort. 

Jinger said herself she wanted Michelle and Jana.  Michelle and Jana were both missing from JB’s party and neither were photographed in IL.  I would assume they are both with Jinger.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

So Jinger has a baby and there is no fanfare from anyone. No one gushing on baby F. Is Jinger being shunned?

I wouldn't read too much into the lack of public responses. First of all, every time there's an event like a birthday, wedding, etc., and the Duggars flood youtube with videos, the boards go nuts wondering why those attention whores have to post publicly instead if congratulating them in person. It could be they finally decided to take that criticism to heart. They could also all be trying to get the public more interested by their silence in order to increase ratings. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Normades said:

Are you saying that because they are Duggars?  because lots of couples take care of their new baby without help.  I can imagine that Jinger and Jeremy would be just fine on their own.  Of course, it's nice to have help and I'm sure it was comforting to have her mother and Jana there, but it's not a necessity.  I'm also pretty sure Jeremy's mother is more than happy to help out, plus she won't drag ten thousand idiots with her.  Isn't this her first grandchild?

Really?  Well, maybe, it's just customary, but, in the south, it's very common for the new mother's mother, or mother figure, to come and stay with the couple for a few days or even a week after the baby is born, especially the first baby.   I have a friend who even hired a dula to help her, as she was a single mother.  I don't think I know of anyone who hasn't done that......lol.  Oh well, I thought it was like that with everyone. lol 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Really?  Well, maybe, it's just customary, but, in the south, it's very common for the new mother's mother, or mother figure, to come and stay with the couple for a few days or even a week after the baby is born, especially the first baby.   I have a friend who even hired a dula to help her, as she was a single mother.  I don't think I know of anyone who hasn't done that......lol.  Oh well, I thought it was like that with everyone. lol 

Yes, I know very few people who don't have at least one family member help out after the birth of a new baby, especially the first baby. I think I only personally know one couple who did this, and that's because the new mom fell deep into the "attachment parenting" wormhole and didn't what anyone but her and her husband around. 

• Love 2
On 7/20/2018 at 11:32 AM, Normades said:

When I worked in the court system, there were siblings named Supreme Honesty and Supreme Destiny.  I always wondered if they would eventually have a sibling named Supreme Being.  Makes you really question what people are thinking. 

I work for a company that services homes with heating fuel, we have a customer by the name of Superior......now I'm wondering if she is related to these girls lol. Crazy people in this world.

• Love 3

Chelle may be there ...without the rest of the circus, heeding Jinge's and Jeremy's wishes..

Jinge and Pastor V May just keeping this time of rest and bonding on the down low...how refreshing to put the health of Jinge and Felicity above the Dugg SM machine....

I will probably have to eat my words.....

• Love 2
On 7/21/2018 at 5:56 PM, frenchtoast said:

Folks, the previous note to stick to Jinger and Jeremy and now Felicity was perhaps not clear. The too long discussion of strange names and who has them and how you know them is far too off topic. Several posts have been removed and yet the discussion continues. It belongs in Small Talk now, please continue it there.

oops, didn't read all the comments before I added mine, please accept my apologies :/

• Love 1

And while the baby is a new experience to Jeremy, it's not exactly like this is the first baby Jinger has been around. Sure, it's technically her first, but she's had plenty of baby practice in the past. I also think Jeremy's mom is there, especially since she was at Josiah's wedding. I think she was on baby patrol for a while. 

• Love 8

Isn't it being supposed that Michelle and Jana are with the Vuolos?  Michelle because she has to be there (she thinks) and Jana to actually help out? Jana and Michelle were absent from the Illinois photo this weekend.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SunnyBeBe said:

without a lot of details, i too was a single mom and even tho i spent time a bit of in my parents home, i got little to no assistance with my kids at all.   even when i married and had more kids, i still was on my own. none of this having people come stay and take care of us stuff - it was never offered.  we did live with my inlaws when #3 was born but still, i did everything for my family.  how different it must be to have help and not need to feel guilty for taking a nap. 

i am hopeful that jinger is resting, and enjoying these first days as a mom. i am certain that jeremy is heavily involved, as he should be. 

• Love 17
12 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Lecie (or however it’s spelled: Lee-see) is the nickname for Felicity.

Ah, I see you’ve met my Susannah...

I learn a lot here!

I know two Leticias, one goes by Letty, and the other Teesy.  I guess every name can be nicked :)

• Love 2
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Yes, I know very few people who don't have at least one family member help out after the birth of a new baby, especially the first baby. I think I only personally know one couple who did this, and that's because the new mom fell deep into the "attachment parenting" wormhole and didn't what anyone but her and her husband around. 

My daughter and son-in-law didn't have anyone over to help, per se, but we live less than a 15 minute drive from them, and his parents are not much further than that, and it was just about over Easter anyway, so they were over here or there quite a bit. We didn't go to their house, though. My  daughter took 2 months of maternity leave, and her husband took 2 weeks off, so they seemed to be OK.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I'm from the south, too, but I've seen it done both ways.  I guess it depends on who you know.  I just thought it sounded funny to me that Jinger wouldn't be able to care for her own child.  I guess it would be nice to have help, but personally I would not want someone moving in with me for a week.  For me, that would only add stress and feel overbearing.  To each their own, I guess.

• Love 21

I don't know who is at the Vuolos.  But I think within each region and culture there are varying degrees of which relative if any comes and stays  for varying amounts of time.  I don't think there is a  hard and fast rule.  For my first one, no one came and I was alone most of the time.  That husband was a first year resident I think, and he worked 36 on and 12 off.  Or some kind of horrendous schedule and I don't remember him there much.  For the second one, I posted maybe in this thread above, that my mother came, but she was no help and I sent her home.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Normades said:

Are you saying that because they are Duggars?  because lots of couples take care of their new baby without help.  I can imagine that Jinger and Jeremy would be just fine on their own.  Of course, it's nice to have help and I'm sure it was comforting to have her mother and Jana there, but it's not a necessity.  I'm also pretty sure Jeremy's mother is more than happy to help out, plus she won't drag ten thousand idiots with her.  Isn't this her first grandchild?

I agree, especially since Jeremy doesn’t really seem to “work” much outside the house. They should be able to handle one baby between the two of them.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I know a lot of people who didn't have help with a first baby, but have more help with the second, third, etc. to help deal with the older children. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

I agree, especially since Jeremy doesn’t really seem to “work” much outside the house. They should be able to handle one baby between the two of them.

Jessa and Ben, Jill and Deredick do not work, and they whine and complain about how hard it is to take care of the children.

On 7/20/2018 at 4:13 PM, queenanne said:

There's also Felix, Fay, and Felice, though why one would bother using the last on someone I don't know as it's almost the same name, I have seen it done.

I kinda like Felix!

• Love 2
On 7/20/2018 at 10:41 PM, Triple P said:

I went to school with twins named Princess and Kitten. My daughters took swim lessons with a boy named Mister.

My friend had a student named Tru-Destiny. We were happy that her parents didn't call her Tru-Density à la George McFly.

I don't remember how the conversation started, but a cashier went on a rant about how much she hated the name Felicity while she was ringing up my groceries. I looked her square in the eye and told that my daughter is named Felicity. I didn't have kids yet.

Parents Father Knows Best fan's?

• Love 14
18 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

She also made sure to tell Josie not to touch anything when delivering goodies to Joe and Kendra’s house.  Basically, she knows we think Josie is a hot mess.

When Josie is around 25ish will she be yelling I AM NOT JOSIE GROSSIE!

If I were to guess I would think that Jessa and Jill are a little envious that it seems Babe and Jing decided to do things their own way rather than the Duggar way.  I think their marriage will benefit from their time actually getting to know each other without constant visits from family and a honeymoon baby.  I may have said it before or I may have just thought about it but I think Babe and Jing moving to CA for his school would make for some interesting viewing.  

• Love 11