Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Those Duggars are used to TeeVee fame, and they're so special.  They think, "who cares about the Vuolos, JinJer was a Duggar first!"

As usual, Jana's left to deal with the crap work, while Ma Kettle and Jessa get the photo op and get to suck up all the attention.  

As much as I think Jer's a tool, I kind of feel bad for him (and his mom, if in fact she couldn't be there for whatever reason.)  Now I wonder who was actually in the birthing/delivery room.  I know I only wanted Mr. Xword and medical personnel there when I delivered.

• Love 1
(edited)

Jana probably did go but she and Laura are busy wrangling Spurge, Henry, and Bin. It'll be like that episode where Benessa first visited the Vuolo's and they completely edited out Jana and Laura. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 6
30 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

If Jinger EVER puts those fucking faux pigtails on that baby, I’m done.

THOSE things are the worst.  But why is it now I am thinking they would look splendid on my cat Pippi?  

• Love 20
31 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

THOSE things are the worst.  But why is it now I am thinking they would look splendid on my cat Pippi?  

Aw, was Pippi Longstocking one of your favorite childhood books, too? 

My cat Lucy (Ricardo) would not put up with any kind of dressing up.  She wears a pretty collar, and I brush her daily, but that's as girly as that one gets.

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jana probably did go but she and Laura are busy wrangling Spurge, Henry, and Bin. It'll be like that episode where Benessa first visited the Vuolo's and they completely edited out Jana and Laura. 

I am dying at the fact you added Bin to this scenario!  I can hear it now:

Jana:  "Spurge, do you want to go on the slide one more time?"
Laura:  "Henry, let's not put mulch in our mouth"!
Jana:  "Bin, I know you're happy that Jessa left, but you need to stop dancing on top of the merry-go-round.  People are starting to take pictures".  

Even though she was pregnant for 4 years, Jinger is simply glowing.  Felicity seems wide awake and engaged with both of them already.  While it might take some time, I think Jeremy will get a handle on the new dad thing.  I can't imagine a 2 1/2 drive while in labor though.  I didn't handle the 15-minute drive to the ER with kidney stones well.  God bless her...in more ways than one.

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Jedidiah and Johannah

Wait, wait, wait.  They split up Jedidiah and his TWIN?!  WTF?!  Are these people irresponsible, irrensible monsters who know NOTHING of infant and child care?  Oh wait, we are talking about the Duggars.  Even then, you split up twins.  I hate you even more now.

• Love 5

Could me chelle look any more uncomfortable?  Weird way of holding baby (though probably turning towards camera), gritted teeth, tense shoulders.

jeremy looks very comfy and typical new dad.  Jinger is first ive seen with what I think is a true, happy, first time mom look.

• Love 6
(edited)

I wonder how shooting footage for the show factored in to who went to Laredo to see the newborn. I assume that there's been a TLC crew present for the homecoming.

Jessa's not a bad choice. She's still on the show (unlike Jill), she's also a married mother, she and Bin introduced Jinger and Jeremy. TBH I find her more interesting that Jana. Jana's like blank wallpaper on which people project their concepts of what she's really like (secret rebel, mother figure, lesbian, radical, and heaven knows what all fantasies people harbor about her). She knows how to look telegenic, smile, act nice, and pretty much STFU. Jessa's way more interesting and about as good -looking. We're talking TLC footage here, which is the all important thing, right?

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 9

Am I the only one who thinks of names as "blonde names" and "brunette names?" While I like the name Felicity a lot, it seems weird still because to me, it's a "blonde name" because of the show Felicity and another curly blonde Felicity I knew. Just like all Natalies should have dark hair, and all Marys. ? This Felicity, however, has a very, very small chance of being a blonde, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it. I had a blonde Natalie this semester in class, and still staunchly think of it as a brunette name!

looks like Jessa hit the Old Navy on the way and picked up a swing dress for Jinge! I was there yesterday, and they were on sale. ?

PS. I met Keri Russell during the Felicity era when she filmed a movie next door to my house! VERY strange, but true fact. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Am I the only one who thinks of names as "blonde names" and "brunette names?" While I like the name Felicity a lot, it seems weird still because to me, it's a "blonde name" because of the show Felicity and another curly blonde Felicity I knew. Just like all Natalies should have dark hair, and all Marys. ? This Felicity, however, has a very, very small chance of being a blonde, so I guess I'll just have to get used to it. I had a blonde Natalie this semester in class, and still staunchly think of it as a brunette name!

looks like Jessa hit the Old Navy on the way and picked up a swing dress for Jinge! I was there yesterday, and they were on sale. ?

PS. I met Keri Russell during the Felicity era when she filmed a movie next door to my house! VERY strange, but true fact. 

And Miss Smoak!

starting to wonder if the Duggars are Arrowverse fans - Gideon AND Felicity.  What’s next, Mon El Duggar?  Diggle Duggar?  

• Love 6
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Wishing Well said:

And Miss Smoak!

starting to wonder if the Duggars are Arrowverse fans - Gideon AND Felicity.  What’s next, Mon El Duggar?  Diggle Duggar?  

Diggle's his last name on Arrow. His first name is John. 

Edited by Temperance
35 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

You are hilarious. 

• Love 1

Personally I found the posts from Jeremy funny. If you knocked everyone off social media who did a little humble bragging about 90% of people would be gone. (One of the reasons I generally stay away.) Felicity is a cutie! And Jinger looks really good too. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I met Al Pacino when he was filming the Insider next to my condo.  They let us snap the little directory scene thingy (does that have a name?).

I don't see the name as either blonde or brunette, lol.  I just like it and am glad her name is not Michelle or Jimmye bobba.  (I honestly know a girl whose name was Jimmyee Lou after her parents). 

Ginger looks so happy.  I hope her smug hubby becomes a successful televangelist and moves the family to California, where Ginger can shop and drink lattes while their three kids are in school.  Anything to keep her away from Arkansas.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Temperance said:

So wait a minute, anti-Catholic Jeremy seems to have named Felicity after a Catholic saint. It was hinted at in the US Weekly article. Interesting.

Maybe he did it to piss off JB and Deredick.

12 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

UGH!!! Please no Jeremy becoming a successful televangelist. His ego is already growing by leaps and bound.

A successful Jeremy means a happy Ginger.  Look at what an unsuccessful husband has done for Jill.  I don't want that life, but hell, if it gets her away from her clan and exposes her to a more liberal part of the world, why not?  At least if they go to school in Dallas or California, she'll get a lot of exposure.  Dallas can be surprisingly liberal at times.  Either way, I hope she does something other than live down the road from her siblings and parents.   Maybe she'll step out and find a calling in life.

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

A successful Jeremy means a happy Ginger.  Look at what an unsuccessful husband has done for Jill.  I don't want that life, but hell, if it gets her away from her clan and exposes her to a more liberal part of the world, why not?  At least if they go to school in Dallas or California, she'll get a lot of exposure.  Dallas can be surprisingly liberal at times.  Either way, I hope she does something other than live down the road from her siblings and parents.   Maybe she'll step out and find a calling in life.

So true! I just do not want to hear or see him.

Just now, bigskygirl said:

So true! I just do not want to hear or see him.

LOL...I can't even bear to see a bible.  I have no desire to listen to him.  But the fact that he wants to increase his education is good sign.  He's going to a real school with real teachers.  Maybe they'll work on his boring lecture style.  Maybe they'll explain about how one ministers to his flock by ...being there.  I have hopes that his children will get real educations just because he's seeking education.

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

LOL...I can't even bear to see a bible.  I have no desire to listen to him.  But the fact that he wants to increase his education is good sign.  He's going to a real school with real teachers.  Maybe they'll work on his boring lecture style.  Maybe they'll explain about how one ministers to his flock by ...being there.  I have hopes that his children will get real educations just because he's seeking education.

Deredick is probably blowing stream out of his ears. He is being upped by one of his brothers-in-law.

1 hour ago, ramble said:

Personally I found the posts from Jeremy funny. If you knocked everyone off social media who did a little humble bragging about 90% of people would be gone. (One of the reasons I generally stay away.) Felicity is a cutie! And Jinger looks really good too. 

I think it would have been funnier if Jinger posted the coffee one and Jeremy posted the sleep one.  But the critics would have crawled up Jinger’s hoohaa to complain about caffeine + breastfeeding, SM usage around a newborn, not being grateful for the kid she has, etc so I can see why she didn’t.

Plus Jeremy strikes me as the type to not have hung around many newborns.  He’s the youngest, he’s not a biological Uncle, and we don’t hear a lot about close extended cousins with kids.  He probably is shell shocked a bit that it’s not like playing with a toddler.

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, Meow25 said:

It depends on the birthing center.  I'm a Christian, albeit mainstream protestant, and I gave birth in a hospital 3 times...the last being a c-section.  That being said, many of my more conservative friends are on this Christian + millennial hippie mixed with fundie type of parenting.  We have a birthing center 2 hours away (yes....they drive TWO hours) that is literally in a barn, and only has midwives.  My good friend lost her uterus due to a lack of good medical care/no access to a physician.  The place didn't even have an OR.    

Many of these types also reject most medical preventative measures, like vaccines, and routine check ups.  It makes me ill.  They're also more likely to homeschool.  It starts before exiting the womb, and it ALL stems from FEAR.  Fear of medicine, fear of autism. fear of secular education...they have a fear based faith.  The exact opposite of what the Bible actually teaches.  I live in the northeast where all of these things really set you apart from others because it's a fairly liberal place.  

What scares me is that this insular type of Christianity is becoming more popular.  I'm not impressed by it at all.  I really hope that JinJer send their kid or kids to public school.  It really would be so great to see.   

It scares me as well - I watch a fair number of atheist podcasts and debates, and while I realize that some of their statistics, etc, may be somewhat biased, I keep trying to figure out what would push someone to retreat so far into that, as you say, insular sort of Christianity. Some of them seem barely short of being Flat Earthers - and, in fact even the Flat Earthers are gaining adherents.

I saw one talk by Neil deGrasse Tyson on YouTube about a year ago, and wish I could find it again - I've found a couple of similar ones, but this one was done particularly well  - following the history of Christianity and Islam, and the way the era of the Inqusitions led to the Dark Ages in which Science, which had been poised to make some major advances, was demonized, and so much knowledge lost for centuries. I've never had a particularly good grasp of History, and have forgotten some of the details since I watched it, but Islam was, in fact, the far more enlightened civilization during that period, and much of the mathematics and science we use today had its roots in that part of the world. Since those days, of course, they have plunged into Dark Ages of their own, and I fear Christianity is about to follow suit. The pieces are certainly falling into place that way.  I simply can't fathom the sort of fear which makes retreating into ignorance preferable to pushing forward with knowledge.

• Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

What is the difference between birthing centre and hospital? Both has real doctors and midwives, yes?

Generally speaking, a hospital uses doctors and a birthing center uses midwives or doulas.  But there’s a lot less oversight with birthing centers and they can range from a barn in the woods like the previous example or sometimes even attached to a hospital.  In some cases, it’s no better then a home birth since emergency medical care can be lacking.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 5
10 hours ago, hathorlive said:

If Jinger's happiness depends on Jeremy's success, and Jeremy's success depends on him making it as any type of religious leader, than I hope Jinger is miserable for the rest of her life, because fuck  proselytizers . A successful televangelist is more dangerous than a missionary. 

9 hours ago, saylubee said:

I think it would have been funnier if Jinger posted the coffee one and Jeremy posted the sleep one.  But the critics would have crawled up Jinger’s hoohaa to complain about caffeine + breastfeeding, SM usage around a newborn, not being grateful for the kid she has, etc so I can see why she didn’t.

Plus Jeremy strikes me as the type to not have hung around many newborns.  He’s the youngest, he’s not a biological Uncle, and we don’t hear a lot about close extended cousins with kids.  He probably is shell shocked a bit that it’s not like playing with a toddler.

All true, but more pertinently, Jinger doesn't have the wit to have come up with it in the first place. If she had posted that, I would have assumed it was Jeremy who had written it. 

• Love 12
56 minutes ago, lascuba said:

If Jinger's happiness depends on Jeremy's success, and Jeremy's success depends on him making it as any type of religious leader, than I hope Jinger is miserable for the rest of her life, because fuck  proselytizers . A successful televangelist is more dangerous than a missionary. 

You took the words right outta my mouth!!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

It scares me as well - I watch a fair number of atheist podcasts and debates, and while I realize that some of their statistics, etc, may be somewhat biased, I keep trying to figure out what would push someone to retreat so far into that, as you say, insular sort of Christianity. Some of them seem barely short of being Flat Earthers - and, in fact even the Flat Earthers are gaining adherents.

I saw one talk by Neil deGrasse Tyson on YouTube about a year ago, and wish I could find it again - I've found a couple of similar ones, but this one was done particularly well  - following the history of Christianity and Islam, and the way the era of the Inqusitions led to the Dark Ages in which Science, which had been poised to make some major advances, was demonized, and so much knowledge lost for centuries. I've never had a particularly good grasp of History, and have forgotten some of the details since I watched it, but Islam was, in fact, the far more enlightened civilization during that period, and much of the mathematics and science we use today had its roots in that part of the world. Since those days, of course, they have plunged into Dark Ages of their own, and I fear Christianity is about to follow suit. The pieces are certainly falling into place that way.  I simply can't fathom the sort of fear which makes retreating into ignorance preferable to pushing forward with knowledge.

I have lots of thoughts on this and can add more to it and will take it to the Gimme That Old Time Religion thread. :)

• Love 2
17 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Aw, was Pippi Longstocking one of your favorite childhood books, too? 

My cat Lucy (Ricardo) would not put up with any kind of dressing up.  She wears a pretty collar, and I brush her daily, but that's as girly as that one gets.

I didn't read the books but I watched the movies!  LOVED them and their bad dubbing!  Our Pippi reminds me of her.  Good friend but has a mischievous streak a mile long and super strong.  I kid about dressing her up.  She'd shank me!

AWE!  I used to have a Lucy.  Cats are the best.  I would like a dog one day but I will always be a cat person.

• Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, doodlebug said:

A hospital is full service, having operating rooms, lab, ER, ICU and X ray as well as other specialties such as pediatrics, anesthesia, general surgery readily available and are prepared to handle every situation right on site for the most part (there are specialty hospitals which wouldn't offer every service).  All pregnant women would be welcome at a hospital birthing unit although some high risk women might be transferred to hospitals with more high risk specialists in some cases.

While I am an advocate of hospital births over homebirths, the American track record on the safety of hospital births is abysmal.  There is a new study that confirms the U.S. is the most dangerous place in the developed world to give birth.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/news/investigations/deadly-deliveries/2018/07/26/maternal-mortality-rates-preeclampsia-postpartum-hemorrhage-safety/546889002/

This chart shows maternal deaths per 100,000 births.

Counting On 2.png

Edited by Mollie
  • Love 11

Thanks for the explanation.

I had 2 births, and would never ever consider giving birth anywhere but in hospital. Knowing what's going on, and that in a minute something can go wrong scares me a lot.

Fortunately, home births are not permitted in my country. Although some women advocate for it, and are even doing it illegaly. If they call the hospital/ER later and say the baby was born at home, they didn't make it to hospital, no one will check the story.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

A hospital is full service, having operating rooms, lab, ER, ICU and X ray as well as other specialties such as pediatrics, anesthesia, general surgery readily available and are prepared to handle every situation right on site for the most part (there are specialty hospitals which wouldn't offer every service).  All pregnant women would be welcome at a hospital birthing unit although some high risk women might be transferred to hospitals with more high risk specialists in some cases.

Meanwhile, birthing centers can either be freestanding (not on hospital property) while others are part of/attached to a hospital.  They are licensed by the state if they are run by licensed practitioners who might be midwives but could also be physicians.  Non licensed birthing centers are not necessarily run by licensed practitioners nor are they certified or licensed as medical facilities. I expect the 'birthing center' we've seen on Counting On is not licensed since the lay midwives who work there don't seem to have licenses to practice in some cases. They are not necessarily legal, either.  Birthing centers are meant for low risk moms and babies who are not going to need specialized services like epidurals or cesareans.  A mom who needs these things would need to be transferred to a regular hospital for these things and, depending on distance, as well as if her midwife/doctor is able to admit at the hospital; it can be time consuming to arrange the transfer. 

The most important part of using a birthing center is to work with a capable practitioner who gives thorough prenatal care, does good screening for potential problems and provides practical and timely care and advice and for the patient to listen to the information provided and follow it.  It is very hard as a practitioner to have to tell a patient that she is not a candidate for the birthing center where she wants to deliver and help her adjust to the notion of a hospital birth and not let her sway you with her emotional issues.  Just last week, I had to tell a midwifery patient that she wasn't going to be able to deliver in the low risk birthing center (in a hospital) but would have to go to labor and delivery instead.  The midwives had tried to tell her, but she was manipulative and played on their emotions by implying that she would deliver at home unassisted if she didn't get her way.  She needed someone to call her bluff, so I did.  She came to the hospital, delivered safely and was back home in 24 hours.  She maybe hates me, I don't care.

Heroine ❤️

• Love 10

I'm happy for Jinger and Jeremy.  They both look great, and little Felicity is a cutie :) 

Side note: my association with the name Felicity is from a TV show from my childhood, Road to Avonlea.  One of the main characters was Felicity.  It's a very wholesome show, so who knows, maybe Jinger watched it!  The show was based on books by L.M. Montgomery.  Anyway, it's a positive association, and a lovely name.

• Love 14
59 minutes ago, lizzie3 said:

I'm happy for Jinger and Jeremy.  They both look great, and little Felicity is a cutie :) 

Side note: my association with the name Felicity is from a TV show from my childhood, Road to Avonlea.  One of the main characters was Felicity.  It's a very wholesome show, so who knows, maybe Jinger watched it!  The show was based on books by L.M. Montgomery.  Anyway, it's a positive association, and a lovely name.

I loved that show.  I remember watching Avonlea on Disney and hating Aunt Hettie.  

It’s been a couple of days so I’m sure that “trusting God with the size of our family” nonsense has worn off for Jinger if she ever subscribed to it.  At the very least, she should be thinking MOTY is nuts for going through that ordeal that many times and missing out on individual time with her infants.  

• Love 4

Felicity in Avondale wasn’t a very nice girl though.  When I heard Jinger named her daughter Felicity, all I could think of was an episode of Tales of the Cryptkeeper where a child psychologist gets trapped in a house by a woman whose child was a brat, but it turned out the child was a zombie and dead for 40 years and she was named Felicity!

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Normades said:

You took the words right outta my mouth!!

Folks, you can't expect Ginger will decide she wants to be a doctor or a lawyer.  I'd be thrilled if she lived life on her own terms, but that's probably never going to happen. It's called indoctrination.  I'm not sure how far past wearing pants she'll ever get.  I'll be happy if she gets further away from her family that she currently is. And if she's putting her eggs in the "menfolk make money and I make a happy home" bucket, then I hope Jeremy makes enough money so they can live independently.  At least then, she'll have one man (hubby) controlling her life rather than two (add a Jim Bob).

• Love 8
(edited)
10 hours ago, doodlebug said:

She came to the hospital, delivered safely and was back home in 24 hours.  She maybe hates me, I don't care.

I feel like even if it wasn't my birth plan, if my worst case scenario was a hospital delivery where I was home within 24 hours in one piece with a healthy baby I'dcall it a giant win. But childbirth kinda terrifies me so even if I was low risk is probably still opt for a hospital birth, just in case.

I hope Jinger got whatever she wanted with her labor and delivery. For me it sounds like a win because there were medical professionals and no Dr. Jill.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Folks, you can't expect Ginger will decide she wants to be a doctor or a lawyer.  I'd be thrilled if she lived life on her own terms, but that's probably never going to happen. It's called indoctrination.  I'm not sure how far past wearing pants she'll ever get.  I'll be happy if she gets further away from her family that she currently is. And if she's putting her eggs in the "menfolk make money and I make a happy home" bucket, then I hope Jeremy makes enough money so they can live independently.  At least then, she'll have one man (hubby) controlling her life rather than two (add a Jim Bob).

My comment had nothing to do with Jinger having any kind of life other than the one she has, so I'm not sure where the doctor/lawyer comment is coming from? I was specifically responding to the idea of Jeremy succeeding as televangelsit. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 7/24/2018 at 1:46 PM, DragonFaerie said:

On 7/24/2018 at 7:09 PM, jcbrown said:

I generally put it somewhere disrespectful, like the back of the armoire or something. I'm an atheist and I don't appreciate even this passive proselytizing.

A great place to put it is the garbage can.   It's also great to use of you run out of toilet paper or if the table in your room wobbles.  I have lots of good used for a bible. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 3