Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

Two of my closest friends, married dads who are firefighters, had triplets via surrogate and named them Blaze, Flame, and Ember. They met on the job as you can guess by the names. 

I am 1000% serious about this one as well: another friend . . . her daughter named her twins Latexione (lay-TEX-ee-ohn) and Wyfreakione (why-FREAK-ee-ohn) and I refuse . . . REFUSE . . . to call them anything but Wy and Tex.

I was hospitalized a while back and required surgery to install ureteral stents because I produce kidney stones the way most people produce a pee pee. My nurse was named Latitty. I thought it would be pronounced Lah-Tee-Shee. Nope. It was Lah-Titty.

I personally don't love the name Felicity, but at least it's nice, normal, and not the current trend of putting ANYTHING before Lee. Henleigh, Braylee, Kensley, Everleigh, Bentlee, Starley, etc . . . Or Jayden.

• Love 13
12 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

Two of my closest friends, married dads who are firefighters, had triplets via surrogate and named them Blaze, Flame, and Ember. They met on the job as you can guess by the names. 

I am 1000% serious about this one as well: another friend . . . her daughter named her twins Latexione (lay-TEX-ee-ohn) and Wyfreakione (why-FREAK-ee-ohn) and I refuse . . . REFUSE . . . to call them anything but Wy and Tex.

I was hospitalized a while back and required surgery to install ureteral stents because I produce kidney stones the way most people produce a pee pee. My nurse was named Latitty. I thought it would be pronounced Lah-Tee-Shee. Nope. It was Lah-Titty.

I personally don't love the name Felicity, but at least it's nice, normal, and not the current trend of putting ANYTHING before Lee. Henleigh, Braylee, Kensley, Everleigh, Bentlee, Starley, etc . . . Or Jayden.

Latitty??????????  I'm not sure I want to live on this planet anymore............

• Love 9
(edited)
10 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

Over my many years of teaching, I came across many interesting names.  I had a couple of girls named "Princess", a boy named "Sir", and there was a Sundaycarbirth in our district (he went by Sonny, I think).   I had a Robbertt in the hospital nursery.  The absolute worst was a boy whose name was spelled S-h-i-t-h-e-a-d, pronounced "Sha-thawd.  Then there was a boy misnamed Angel.  The school pictures should have included a profile shot in addition to the front view.

Oh yes. I don't understand the purpose of  those names like JerMagesty, Reign, etc.  I laughed when I was in the grocery store one day and heard a mother repeatedly calling out to her son down the aisles, "Messiah, Messiah."   I wonder what kind of person he will be.  lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I've never been a big fan of nick names.  Yes, I'll affectionately call the little angel in our family "Butter Bean" once in a while, but, mainly, I use her actual name.  It's a nice name. Why not? I know a few people who actually are called Rebecca not Becky,  Robert, not Bob and William, not Bill.  I think it takes courage to instruct others to use your real name, when they have other ideas. lol 

Glad there is anther one out there. I am not a nickname person either.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

I hope it's not Jana. 

At least Jana would get away from the rest of the family, and I bet Jeremy and Jinger would treat her better and appreciate her helping them out with the baby.

7 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I am sure Michelle is one of those that thinks helping with the baby means that she sits on the couch all day, monopolizing the baby, while Jinger waits on her. She'll grudgingly give the baby to Jinger when she needs to be fed, but snatch Felicity from Jinger's arms as soon as she is finished. She'll tell Jinger when Felicity's diaper needs to be changed, but never change one herself.

The missing back muscle seems to regenerate when there is a newborn around. 

And don't forget about MEchelle holding the baby for all the photo opps. Missing back muscle and all.

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I am sure Michelle is one of those that thinks helping with the baby means that she sits on the couch all day, monopolizing the baby, while Jinger waits on her. She'll grudgingly give the baby to Jinger when she needs to be fed, but snatch Felicity from Jinger's arms as soon as she is finished. She'll tell Jinger when Felicity's diaper needs to be changed, but never change one herself.

The missing back muscle seems to regenerate when there is a newborn around. 

And that is what my very non fundie mother did with my second. She wanted to sit and hold him while I took care of the first born who was 19 months old, brought her coffee, emptied her ashtray, etc.  I finally told her she could go home.  The kids loved her, and so did I, but, she was not exactly helpful.  When I got the flu with two babies and then husband not home, she sent my Grandma to help.  She was more help, but, while I was miserable in bed and kids napping she stood in doorway of bedroom smoking looking very concerned about me.  At least she made chicken soup while she was there.  I wish Jana would have come!!!!

• Love 15
(edited)

I bet it’s Grandma Vuolo helping out. If I’m not mistaken, this is her first grandchild; I can see her being like Derricks mom, who, for all of her enabling ways towards her son is enamored with her grandsons. Plus, from her presence at SiRen’s walk down the plank aisle she’s been with JinJer for the last few weeks, likely in preparance for Felicity’s arrival. 

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 18
(edited)
1 hour ago, ChaChaSlide said:

I bet it’s Grandma Vuolo helping out. If I’m not mistaken, this is her first grandchild; I can see her being like Derricks mom, who, for all of her enabling ways towards her son is enamored with her grandsons. Plus, from her presence at SiRen’s walk down the plank aisle she’s been with JinJer for the last few weeks, likely in preparance for Felicity’s arrival. 

And, let's face it, she will be a part of Felicity's life on a much more consistent basis than Jinger's mom would be. Michelle can use the distance as a convenient excuse if she wants to but I doubt she spends much time with Izzy, Sam, Spurgeon, Henry or the M's either. I do have to wonder whether there is a difference, such as it is, in how Michelle treats Izzy/Sam/Henry/Spurgeon/Gideon (grandchildren birthed by Duggar daughters) versus the M's and Garrett (grandchildren birthed by daughters-in-law). 

Edited by LexieLily
  • Love 4
(edited)

Can't go wrong with Sew Sumi. ?

Back on topic, someone (before @Annb67) asked whether anyone other than Jill offered congratulations. Jessa posted a link to the Vuolo blog saying "Baby Vuolo is here!" So, no real congratulations, but at least not putting the spotlight on her (unlike Miss Jilly Muffin.

Edited by Sew Sumi
6 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

At least Jana would get away from the rest of the family, and I bet Jeremy and Jinger would treat her better and appreciate her helping them out with the baby.

After the way Jana flipped Spurgie into that baby swing, I wouldn’t want her handling my newborn.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Back on topic, someone (before @Annb67) asked whether anyone other than Jill offered congratulations. Jessa posted a link to the Vuolo blog saying "Baby Vuolo is here!" So, no real congratulations, but at least not putting the spotlight on her (unlike Miss Jilly Muffin.

I find this very strange.  Only Jill and then Jessa - link to the blog and that's it.  No other instagram or blog congratulations.  Sort of radio silence again like it was for Baby Garrett and Si's wedding.  What is up with that?  I mean normally they are all about everything on their media pages doing their best famewhoring.  Is it because Kendra and Jinger had real medical care in a hospital/birthing center?  Is it that even the Duggar family is bored with the whole, oh look another baby thing?  but it truly is killing the snark factor.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

I find this very strange.  Only Jill and then Jessa - link to the blog and that's it.  No other instagram or blog congratulations.  Sort of radio silence again like it was for Baby Garrett and Si's wedding.  What is up with that?  I mean normally they are all about everything on their media pages doing their best famewhoring.  Is it because Kendra and Jinger had real medical care in a hospital/birthing center?  Is it that even the Duggar family is bored with the whole, oh look another baby thing?  but it truly is killing the snark factor.

I want to believe they aren't that petty and obnoxious, but there was little immediate congratulations when Baby Garrett was born either. Maybe it is part of that and part of it that Jinger and Jeremy live so far away and all the Duggars won't be able to encourage little Felicity's upbringing that bothers them. So far Jeremy has tried to and succeeded in enforcing some boundaries, and I can't imagine that Jim-Bob who feels the need to control everything appreciates that very much. Maybe they are worried that since Jinger and Jeremy got real medical care and because it was over a year before Felicity came along that Jeremy might teach Jinger that birth control isn't evil?

• Love 7

Folks, the previous note to stick to Jinger and Jeremy and now Felicity was perhaps not clear. The too long discussion of strange names and who has them and how you know them is far too off topic. Several posts have been removed and yet the discussion continues. It belongs in Small Talk now, please continue it there.

• Love 9
35 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Maybe they are worried that since Jinger and Jeremy got real medical care and because it was over a year before Felicity came along that Jeremy might teach Jinger that birth control isn't evil?

I think that bridge has been crossed.  Hopefully it will mean other Duggars will realize that there is nothing wrong with spacing births and even stopping when they have reached their desired number of babies/children.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I think that bridge has been crossed.  Hopefully it will mean other Duggars will realize that there is nothing wrong with spacing births and even stopping when they have reached their desired number of babies/children.

But Jinger/Jeremy are the only ones that have spaced out anything. Unless you count Sam (Jill) and Henry (Jessa) both being a year old or close to it and neither of them having a sibling on the way yet. Every Duggar/Duggar-in-law sans Jinger has gotten pregnant within weeks or months of their wedding.

• Love 3

The orientation for Jeremy's seminary in Los Angeles begins on July 26.  Classes begin on August 7th.  I wonder if the Vuolos are still planning to move with the new baby to start the fall semester.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

But Jinger/Jeremy are the only ones that have spaced out anything. Unless you count Sam (Jill) and Henry (Jessa) both being a year old or close to it and neither of them having a sibling on the way yet. Every Duggar/Duggar-in-law sans Jinger has gotten pregnant within weeks or months of their wedding.

There is a decent amount of space between Israel and Sam, but I don’t think that pleased Jill. 

I like the name “Felicity Nicole” and I don’t think she needs a nickname. May Jinger have an easy recovery after the birth. The lack of well wishes seems odd to me too, but  who knows with this family. 

• Love 8
43 minutes ago, Mollie said:

The orientation for Jeremy's seminary in Los Angeles begins on July 26.  Classes begin on August 7th.  I wonder if the Vuolos are still planning to move with the new baby to start the fall semester.

The first year or two he could do online, then a certain number of hours had to be taken on campus which could include Dallas.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I think reality set in for the daughters.  Anna had a large family like her mom, but she’s a bona fide kool aid drinker.  Michelle wanted and had a large family, but she’s the last in line behind much older siblings.  She probably never had to deal with it first hand. And she pawned the babies off on her older kids.  

It’s like when little girls say they want twins with no concept of the work involved with caring for two babies at once.  The daughters have already raised a huge family (thanks for nothing Michelle), so they know the reality of the time commitment and logistical challenges if you actually want to parent your children beyond the first six months.  Caring for a new baby is hard work, but doing so while recovering from childbirth is a whole other story.  All that nonsense about too many kids and flowers that Michelle talks is complete BS and they know it.  Jill probably can’t get preggie, Jessa probably doesn’t want to, and Joy probably would but I get the impression she’s too tired to always be joyfully available.  If anyone were to get pregnant though, I’d guess Joy. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, LexieLily said:

But Jinger/Jeremy are the only ones that have spaced out anything.

Yes, they are the ones who have crossed the bridge.  That's why I said I hope others will follow them.  :)  I think Jinger was hoping for or looking for a spouse who would happily limit the family size.  

• Love 1
12 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Glad there is anther one out there. I am not a nickname person either.

I was never allowed to have a nick name growing up and I had a rather...unusual name, (I spent most of my first days of school letting teachers know that the name they were butchering did indeed belong to the blond hair girl in the back) and while I may not have wanted to be a Heather like the 10 others in my school at least being able to find my name on a keychain would have been nice.  Overall I like the name Felicity and right now Nicole just makes me think of The Handmaids Tale lol....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Yes, they are the ones who have crossed the bridge.  That's why I said I hope others will follow them.  :)  I think Jinger was hoping for or looking for a spouse who would happily limit the family size.  

My only hope is that Jinger is comfortable enough with herself and with Jeremy to express that thought if she only wants three or four children. She may not know there are options available to her to help make that limit happen, but surely Jeremy knows.

• Love 3

Since she didn't get pregnant on the honeymoon, I'm pretty sure she knows options are available and just how to use them. I'll be surprised if they have more than 3 kids. Jinger just doesn't seem baby crazy and will probably stop at just a few. I also see her as being a hands on mom. I could see her as the PTA, room mom, field trip going on mom every school has. I really hope they send the kids to so she gets the chance. 

I think Jessa will eventually end up with five, maybe Joy too, but I don't see any Duggar daughter having more than five. The daughter in laws, that's another story. Anna will just keep popping them out, I'm seeing her as having the most followed by Kendra. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Since she didn't get pregnant on the honeymoon, I'm pretty sure she knows options are available and just how to use them. I'll be surprised if they have more than 3 kids. Jinger just doesn't seem baby crazy and will probably stop at just a few. I also see her as being a hands on mom. I could see her as the PTA, room mom, field trip going on mom every school has. I really hope they send the kids to so she gets the chance. 

I think Jessa will eventually end up with five, maybe Joy too, but I don't see any Duggar daughter having more than five. The daughter in laws, that's another story. Anna will just keep popping them out, I'm seeing her as having the most followed by Kendra. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they had more than 3 kids and a big family, but I think it's unlikely they get into double digits. 

People keep assuming that Jinger or Jeremy waited a year to get pregnant.   Jinger may not be as fertile as her mother and SILs.  People seem to forget Michael Bates.  Maybe it took a year for Jinger to get pregnant.

• Love 24

Assuming they purposely waited, it'll be interesting to see how many children Jinger has. With little changes like wearing pants and with more significant changes like family planning, I wonder what Jeremy's and Jinger's conversations look like. Who brings the topics up? Do they look in the Bible? Do they pray on it? Has Jinger known of, or has Jeremy shown her, the differences between Christianity and Gothardism?

Couples of different religions marry all the time, but the Duggars are in so deep into the KJV I wonder if Jinger struggles at all with veering of course.

I think that JD, Jinger and Joe are religious in a deeper, thoughtful way. I feel Jill and Joy follow their parents script and think they're very Christian and I think Jessa self-righteously follows the Duggar beliefs. I haven't any clue about Josiah or Josh regarding how or what they believe.

They've all married spouses with the same or similar beliefs. It'll be interesting to see what direction each of these families go and how far of the Duggar course they'll veer. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

People keep assuming that Jinger or Jeremy waited a year to get pregnant.   Jinger may not be as fertile as her mother and SILs.  People seem to forget Michael Bates.  Maybe it took a year for Jinger to get pregnant.

That's the same thing I've been thinking. We should never assume. Jinger's changes in other areas such as pants wearing may provide a clue that the birth control speculation is true, but we may never know. Austin's parents are Gothardites and only have two. They started in their thirties and evidently weren't mega fertile. I do feel for Michael Bates, though. She's such a serene, caring person who clearly adores children.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

I'll be surprised if they have more than 3 kids. Jinger just doesn't seem baby crazy and will probably stop at just a few. I also see her as being a hands on mom. I could see her as the PTA, room mom, field trip going on mom every school has. I really hope they send the kids to so she gets the chance. 

I think she and Jeremy will give their kids a more mainstream, but still Fundie, upbringing; one that will seem restrictive and narrow to us, but downright heathen and sinful to the Duggars and other Gothard families. They'll probably send the kids to Christian schools, enroll them in Christian clubs and sports leagues and encourage higher education while still adhering to strict, traditional gender roles.

• Love 13
4 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I think if they had had problems conceiving it would have been covered in a Very Special Episode or when Jinger was asked if she was pregnant yet, she would have sadly replied "not yet" and everyone would have commiserated with her about it.

Since Jeremy was homeschooled, my bet is they homeschool for elementary using a real curriculum and outside activities like sports, ballet, music, and Awana. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, ChaChaSlide said:

I think a big reason people think that JinJer waited vs them struggling to conceive is because they discussed having children as being part of their 5 year plan, a pretty significant departure from the party line of “as many as God gives us (and as soon as possible)”. 

To me it looks like they deliberately chose to spend their first year as newlyweds just the two of them, and as they approached their first anniversary decided to shift from avoiding to trying and got pregnant immediately. NFP and the strategic use of condoms can work wonders. 

Yes the math is just too spot on. Seems to me they didn’t want kids the first year, and around their first anniversary threw away the contraception. 

• Love 10
(edited)

I’m sure speculations about birth control would be hurtful if you’re having trouble conceiving.  But Jinger can thank her freaky family for that.  Had they not made such a big deal about sex, conception and birth, people wouldn’t talk about it so much.  While it’s no one’s business, if she were using contraception, and wanted to squash the rumors, her best bet would be to just allude to that fact or come straight out and say so.  Then people wouldn’t speculate, although they’d probably find other conspiracy theories.  It might disappoint a few leg humpers, but I think many people would be quite supportive especially if the end result is her being a better parent and spouse to the existing people in her life, not focusing on future children.  

Now it might cause a ruckus at the TTH.  I could see Joy secretly asking about it, Jessa being pissed because she didn’t do it first, Jana being the person to drive Joy to the doctor to get some, and Jill and Ana teaming up to sneer at Jinger and Joy for not “trusting God” blah blah blah.  Kendra would have enough sense not to get involved, and Lauren would side with the biggest group.  All while Jim Bob has a complete meltdown over his loss of control.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 18
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Maybe it took a year for Jinger to get pregnant.

Jeremy openly talked about their five year plan and that they would have children eventually or some day.  That's not the kind of thing someone says if they are actively trying to get pregnant and not succeeding.  Jeremy's church is not against birth control.  I said it before the wedding and I still believe it, Jeremy had a box of condoms at a minimum in his suitcase for the honeymoon.  

• Love 19
12 hours ago, LexieLily said:

My only hope is that Jinger is comfortable enough with herself and with Jeremy to express that thought if she only wants three or four children. She may not know there are options available to her to help make that limit happen, but surely Jeremy knows.

The crazy thing is these couples aren't even allowed to have a private conversation before they're married to discuss how many children they'll have.  There's always a spy chaperone around who'd run back and tell Jim Bob the happy couple don't want 10 kids. 

I hope most of the Duggars have only one or two kids each.  It'll make Jim Bob's head explode.

• Love 7

They actually do have time to have discussions.  The chaperones need to stay in sight, but not necessarily within hearing range.  They have private phone conversations.  Jinger was shown going away from the others to talk to Jeremy on the phone so she wouldn't be overheard.

• Love 3