Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I have never understood the point of putting bibles in hotel rooms.  Personally I think an unopened box of condoms would be more useful, but does anyone really, pull out the bible to read at a hotel room?

I have ?

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I agree, and I find it annoying, coming from Jeremy. He seems the type to throw at least a mental hissy fit that he is not the center of the universe anymore, and not like the work associated with a baby. I also doubt he is keen on giving up any comforts. Coming from nearly anyone else, I would find it funny, but I always suspected that he would be a wimp about parenting / not like the attention the baby takes away from him, and now it seems I'm likely right. 

I got that vibe from Jeremy too. I mentioned it a few pages back.  He might be low key with it, but there may be some passive aggressive comments about the time Jinger devotes to Felicity or how much attention Felicity needs.  Especially once it interferes with her devotion and adoration of him.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I have never understood the point of putting bibles in hotel rooms.  Personally I think an unopened box of condoms would be more useful, but does anyone really, pull out the bible to read at a hotel room?

I never have, but I'm an Atheist. When I took AP English in high school, our teacher told us she couldn't tell us to go buy a Bible for class, but she could tell us to go steal one of the Gideon Bibles from a hotel if we needed one to reference though. She also took her shoes off one day to show us how standing in high heels for 20 years had destroyed her feet. She was all kinds of awesome. 

• Love 14
5 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

I generally put it somewhere disrespectful, like the back of the armoire or something. I'm an atheist and I don't appreciate even this passive proselytizing.

• Love 12

When I need to look something up in the bible, I use biblegateway on the internet mostly. The physical book is being replaced with its' digital counterpart. 

Topic: Jeremy prefers paper books to ebooks. 

5 hours ago, Temperance said:

When I need to look something up in the bible, I use biblegateway on the internet mostly. The physical book is being replaced with its' digital counterpart. 

Topic: Jeremy prefers paper books to ebooks. 

I switch back and forth between paper and ebooks.  For research, paper books work a lot better.  It is easier to bookmark and highlight a passage, and open it up with a paper book.  I love ebooks for the ability to carry a library on a tablet. 

• Love 14
On 7/24/2018 at 6:32 AM, GeeGolly said:

Ugh, the coffee post or the sleep post individually are funny for a 1st time parent. But the 2 together make me think Jeremy is going to be one of those 1st time parents who humble brag like they're the only person with a kid. Or in Jeremy's case, letting all know he's helping his wife with their newborn. I'm guessing spit-up and/or diaper content posts are next up.

This.  I rolled my eyes as soon as I saw his posts about not getting enough sleep.  Guess what, Babe - human babies have been waking up their parents since the dawn of time.  You're not actually that special.  #annoying  #getoveryourself

• Love 21
(edited)

Even though it's early stages, I think Felicity looks more Vuolo than Duggar. The picture with Jessa and Michelle is really nice, and I like the Southwest theme for the nursery. It fits well for Laredo and is a refreshing change from the typical bubble-gum pink. 

Interesting how the birth took place in San Antonio, though. Were they traveling for Jeremy's work and she went into labor? I can't imagine they planned to deliver so far away. I Googled the distance and it's a two and a half hour drive.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 10
(edited)

Style is a very personal thing, and mine may not be all that great.  I’m kind of traditional.  I know everyone doesn’t like animals and alphabets (personally I looove that stuff for babies), but you get such a short time to do those child-like things for them.  Why on earth do people “design” such boring nurseries? It shouldn’t look psychadelic, but where is the visual stimulation for Felicity in that room?  Jeez, I’ve seen better decor in a hospital suite.  Good concept and theme,  but a weak execution IMO.  It’s nice and tidy though so there’s that.  And they had the nerve to throw Jana’s name out there like this room is worthy of House Beautiful.  

I see Jessa was there not Jana.  She probaby had to stay and help Ben with the kids ?

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 17
9 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

And they had the nerve to throw Jana’s name out there like this room is worthy of House Beautiful.  

Although I actually liked the nursery, I agree they need to stop pimping Jana like she's this fabulous designer, because she isn't. There's women on YouTube who can decorate a room with Dollar Tree accessories and have it looking like a million bucks. Jana is amateur hour compared to expert DIY'ers.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Here's a new article and a look at the nursery.  It says Felicity was born in San Antonio!

I am so happy to see Felicity wrapped in blue and no huge, gigantic, gaudy flower headband in sight!  I feel hopeful that they won't have strict gender roles! 

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, louannems said:

no huge, gigantic, gaudy flower headband in sight!  I feel hopeful that they won't have strict gender roles! 

She is wearing one in the last photo.

jeremy-jinger-duggar-baby-9.jpg

(edited)

I agree, I like a baby's room that's a little more colorful than that.  They could've used some of the colors in the picture above the crib, greens and corals, for curtains or a rug or pillows on the rocker.  Or, used some of the colors in the Native American style blanket draped over the crib rail. It's just a little lifeless, IMO.  The baby is adorable, though, and I am glad she doesn't have that fugly headband, which looks like some sort of dingy bandage on her in every photo.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 16

OMG what a cute little baby girl. So tiny... mine is 6 month old now, but I already forgot how little they are

I actually like the nursery. I am not a big fan of lots of colors and detailes like pillows, stickers on the wall etc

Jinger looks great

• Love 9

I cracked up over Jeremy's stance in the first pic--that new dad way of holding a first baby where you can practically hear them thinking "wide legs, feet planted firmly, I'm not going to drop her, I'm not going to drop her", lol.

I actually like the bland nursery. So many nowadays are just explosions of color and images that it's overwhelming. 

I know it's probably a filter but Jinger's hair and skin are just GLOWING. 

• Love 20

The simpler color palette is definitely a trend, and I like it for them. But, I do think babies need more bright colors for their brain development. That can be accomplished through toys and books. The room was cleaned for the photo shoot. I’m sure she has lots of things to play with that don’t fit the nursery color scheme. 

• Love 7

That hanging plant takes me straight back to the 70’s. Macrame, anyone?  Can’t believe they hung it so close to the crib, you know the baby will be going for it as soon as they’re big enough. Jinger looks great, so nice to see her hair shiny and healthy-looking.  Still wish she’d take off a good six inches. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Brown eyed girl said:

I had to crop Jeremy out of the picture because it was to big to upload. 

4E386742-EB7F-44E4-BE29-3AFF91ECED84.jpeg

Her little face!

26 minutes ago, emma675 said:

I cracked up over Jeremy's stance in the first pic--that new dad way of holding a first baby where you can practically hear them thinking "wide legs, feet planted firmly, I'm not going to drop her, I'm not going to drop her", lol.

I actually like the bland nursery. So many nowadays are just explosions of color and images that it's overwhelming. 

She looks genuinely happy, unlike many of her sisters. 

• Love 22
1 hour ago, emma675 said:

I actually like the bland nursery. So many nowadays are just explosions of color and images that it's overwhelming

True that! I can appreciate that it’s not over-Pinteresty with too much wall decor, but the southwest theme is lacking a little warmth and vibrancy.  Sone more colorful art like Doolebug mentioned, or a colorful mobile instead of the 70’s macrame.  The room is so sunny and cheerful it would be a shame to not take advantage of that IMO.  

I’ve been baby shopping and research all week so I’m extra sensitive to this stuff.  IDK but this couple gives me the vibe that they, like so many others, adjust their personal style to what is on trend.  And not in a fashionable way, but more like if the exact opposite was on trend tomorrow, then that would be their new style rather than what they truly enjoy because that’s what’s “in”.  That annoys me because I’m just crabby and opnionated by nature I guess ?I feel like for all her faux-pas, Jill’s style is more authentic.  Kendra’s probably is too since she actually appears to have opinions.  

• Love 9

I like the nursery. It's a room that can easily grow with Felicity. My kids really only slept in their rooms until around 3 years old. The rest of the time they were in the main living area where we could keep an eye on them when they were awake.

• Love 7

While I do think the nursery is sterile, I do appreciate that it is gender neutral.  They easily could have hosed down the room in pepto pink.  I don't see Felicity growing into this decor.  I wonder if they are planning on moving soon with Jeremy's educational opportunities.  This room could easily be turned into a guest room by changing up the furniture.

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

While I do think the nursery is sterile, I do appreciate that it is gender neutral.  They easily could have hosed down the room in pepto pink.  I don't see Felicity growing into this decor.  I wonder if they are planning on moving soon with Jeremy's educational opportunities.  This room could easily be turned into a guest room by changing up the furniture.

I could see that, there wasn't much reason to keep the walls white unless they knew that they might be putting the house on the market in the fairly near future.  There are plenty of neutral shades that would've gone with the rest of the room if they wanted a simple palette.

• Love 2

Felicity is a cutie!

Her room isn’t over the top, that I like. That plant and picture will have to be relocated, though.

It would have been nice to see Jeremy’s family, too.

• Love 4
(edited)

I agree. The Duggars have so many grandchildren. This is the first grandchild for Jeremy’s parents, and they still make it seem like the Duggars are the only family that matters. Hopefully Jeremy’s mom,dad, sister and brother got to see Felicity.

Edited by Likeag6
  • Love 9

People on Pickles were commenting that there's no birth centers in Laredo, so maybe that's what prompted Jinger to get prenatal care in San Antonio. Not sure if there's any truth to that, though. Personally I'd rather just have the kid in a hospital where I live rather than risk delivering on the side of the highway, but to each their own.

• Love 8
(edited)

Laredo has a hospital with a fairly developed OB department.  If San Antonio was planned, it’s possible that Jeremy has a very limited insurance policy that had a specific location she needed to use.  I can’t imagine she got regular prenatal care and gave birth in San Antonio, but maybe they are at that home church more then we know.

I think what they are referring to on Pickles is the crunchy, hippie birthing centers where you sit in a baby tub and give birth as a wolf howls at the moon.  I’m pretty sure they have none of those in Laredo.  San Antonio would have a few.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, saylubee said:

but maybe they are at that home church more then we know.

Hopefully that’s the case because Jeremy seems to miss a lot of services. He is getting close to Derelict’s aversion to Walmart. 

• Love 5