Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Ok you definitely win weird name bingo!  Makes you wonder what is in some of these parents heads!

Suddenly Spurgeon doesn't sound that bad! 

• Love 8
10 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

At the library that I work with he have a guy named Billion. He has a brother..... Billennium. Seriously. they are both in their late teens but I remember them as kids coming in and me gasping at the names. 

When I worked in the court system, there were siblings named Supreme Honesty and Supreme Destiny.  I always wondered if they would eventually have a sibling named Supreme Being.  Makes you really question what people are thinking. 

• Love 17
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Normades said:

When I worked in the court system, there were siblings named Supreme Honesty and Supreme Destiny.  I always wondered if they would eventually have a sibling named Supreme Being.  Makes you really question what people are thinking. 

okay, I almost spit out my tea on that one. lol! 

and it does make you wonder wth is up with the parents? 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 7
(edited)

I like the name, too.  But considering that our new granddaughter, due in two weeks, will be stuck with the name Eleanor, any other name sounds heavenly to me at this point.  

Edited by Angeltoes
  • Love 6
Just now, Angeltoes said:

I like the name, too.  But considering that our new granddaughter, due in two weeks, will be stuck with the name Eleanor, any other name sounds heavenly to me at this point.  Nicole is also Jinger's middle name.

I am not a fan of trendy names but I'm not a fan of outdated ones either. Eleanor isn't that bad. I'm not a fan of Mabel or Gertrude for example 

• Love 15
9 minutes ago, awaken said:

This is me now, doing school work with my kids, after my education in schools held in church basements, taught by teachers trained at Bob Jones U. It’s sad, hard, and makes me very angry to see what I missed, and how much potential was wasted. 

Sorry to hear that.  One of my closest friends in graduate school was a lady in her early 50s that had been encouraged to leave college at 19 and get married by her family.   30+ plus years later she was playing catch up and getting her masters so its never too late. 

Add me to the list that likes the name Felicity;  My great grandmother was Felicity but she spelled it the french way, Felicite.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

I like the name, too.  But considering that our new granddaughter, due in two weeks, will be stuck with the name Eleanor, any other name sounds heavenly to me at this point.  

Aww, I'm sure your little Eleanor will be a perfect angel!!  All the best to you!

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I was raised Catholic and I remember a lot of girls in my class choosing Felicity for their Confirmation name. It's an interesting selection given the Duggars' belief system.

Unless they have a lot of close Catholic friends, which given their belief that Catholicism is a wicked cult I'm sure they don't, they would not know that Felicity is a common Catholic Confirmation name. To them, it's a little-used virtue name. I wonder if future siblings will include Patience, Honor, Justice, and True.

My great-niece is named Eleanor but is called Ella. Her newborn sister is named Delilah.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 12
47 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

At the library that I work with he have a guy named Billion. He has a brother..... Billennium. Seriously. they are both in their late teens but I remember them as kids coming in and me gasping at the names. 

My BIL works in a job that sees a lot of kids name pass over his desk, his favorites were twins Orangejello & Yellowjello, Baby One & Baby Two (Baby was the first name, the number was the middle) but what really took the cake was a baby girl named Meconium. 

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Aww, I love “old” names. My daughter was almost an Eleanor to be called “Ellie” - it will grow on you and suddenly no other name would have been right. Congratulations!

• Love 24
35 minutes ago, Angeltoes said:

Just remember, there are worse names. I'm surprised by some of the older names making a comeback, the girls have a few friends name Eleanor. They all go by Ellie or Ella or Ann. 

So adorable!  I love babies.  Jinge and Jeremy look like my hubby and I did after having our daughter at 400am: happy but exhausted.  I had been in active labour since 2am the day before so we were operating on very little sleep and I imagine the same scenario there.

I like the name.  We gave my daughter my middle name and my son has my husbands so I like that they did that.

I think I will actually watch this birth if they filmed (who am I kidding?!  Of course it was filmed haha)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Angeltoes said:

Awww, its cute. Ellie. I like it. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LillyB said:

I had a client who named her twins Chardonnay and Chablis.

Lol, I remember Kathie Lee Gifford saying once on her old show that her two little dogs were named Chardonnay and Chablis.

I really like the name Felicity.  Good job, Jin & Jer.

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

Congrats to Jinger and Jeremy!  FeliCITY Nicole is adorable.  Beautiful name for a beautiful little girl.  

See? Jinge finally got her CITY in spite of Mullet.

Now, Babes? Take that stupid headwrap/bow off that poor little newborn. Those things are devices of torture and should be banned.

((The Babes' baby is my birthday mate....met 3 people in my life with the same birthday. Highly uncommon.))

• Love 16
1 hour ago, CindyBee said:

Sorry to hear that.  One of my closest friends in graduate school was a lady in her early 50s that had been encouraged to leave college at 19 and get married by her family.   30+ plus years later she was playing catch up and getting her masters so its never too late. 

Add me to the list that likes the name Felicity;  My great grandmother was Felicity but she spelled it the french way, Felicite.

That's true.  I got my basics in public school, but, then got sidetracked into private Christian school for high school.  It was tough, but, I was able to pick up at the community college, transfer to state university, then attend and graduate from law school, so it is doable, but, it's a lot of work.  The basics are so important though.  Our Christian school just didn't have it, imo.  If I had not been an avid reader and excellent student, I can't imagine.......

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

I like the name Eleanor and there are several lovely names to choose from. 

• Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, saylubee said:

They updated it then, lol.  Last night Jeremy had almost a scowling grimace on his face.  He wasn’t smiling at all.

You're right, they changed it!  The original pic Jeremy was not smiling.

*Edited out the horrible screenshot; much better one below

Edited by TaxNerd
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Normades said:

Then there would be three of them and they could be the Supremes!  Supreme Being could take the role of Diana Ross!

• Love 5

ok, they got the announcement of birth in on a thursday so isn't it typical that the following friday there is some other family announcement to take the shine off the first one?

• Love 3
48 minutes ago, zoomama said:

ok, they got the announcement of birth in on a thursday so isn't it typical that the following friday there is some other family announcement to take the shine off the first one?

Surely someone is frantically peeing on a stick as we speak...

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

My BIL works in a job that sees a lot of kids name pass over his desk, his favorites were twins Orangejello & Yellowjello, Baby One & Baby Two (Baby was the first name, the number was the middle) but what really took the cake was a baby girl named Meconium. 

Oh, you have to be kidding!  

Reminds me of some comedy TV show I saw, where they used the name Fellatio!  

Really, why make up a name that is going to make your kid the butt of jokes?  Jeez.

• Love 2

I am a 24 year old named Jessica.  At one point, we had a Jessica K., Jessica L., Jesse, and two Jennifers in my class.  People also can’t seem to tell the difference between Jennifer and Jessica, especially for an Asian girl.  Jennifer is a very very popular name for Asians.  I would have loved to have had a more uncommon name like Felicity growing up.  Spurgeon, not so much.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Oh, you have to be kidding!  

Reminds me of some comedy TV show I saw, where they used the name Fellatio!  

Really, why make up a name that is going to make your kid the butt of jokes?  Jeez.

Yikes!!!!  I waited on a lady named Malaria once and thought that was pretty weird.  Hubby once worked with a guy named Saran....and yes he was named after the plastic wrap.

• Love 2

I went to college with 2 guys named Lawyer and Doctor as their first names.  Lawyer Tillman was a football player that later went pro.  His grandmother, I think it was, said in an interview that she named them that because she always wanted a Doctor and a Lawyer in the family.

That said I had a very common first name in the late 60's.  In college there were 4 of us that had the same first and last name and a boy, with the male version of the first name and the same last name.  Made for hell in trying to register for classes.

• Love 6
(edited)

I was watching Say Yes to the Dress and the bride's name was Duvet because according her mother she was her comforter.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 3

Probably have mentioned this before, but my favorite I've seen in real life is a baby girl named Vengeance. You KNOW there's a story there.

I only know 2 Felicitys.  Kendall the British actress and the Keri Russell show. The name itself reminds me of a cat (feline). They could nickname her Kitty, lol.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Angeltoes said:

Aw, that's a beautiful, classic name - a name of a queen!  Is it possible she'll be nicknamed Ella or Ellie?  Both are adorable.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

Aw, that's a beautiful, classic name - a name of a queen!  Is it possible she'll be nicknamed Ella or Ellie?  Both are adorable.

I think Eleanor is lovely and those nicknames work for me as well.

• Love 10

Back in the day when I was a teacher, I had a student named Cashmonee (Cashmoney) and one named Chark.

Congratulations to Jinger and Babe. Felicity is a cute name. I haven't had a chance to look at social media much today. Has anyone else in the Duggar clan offered their congratulations other than Jill and Derjerk?

• Love 6

My first thought was maybe they secretly watched Arrow. Ha! I like the name but then again Spurgeon doesn’t bother me too much. I grew up with several kids named their mother’s maiden name, a couple of which were unfortunate. Spurge isn’t so bad. The founder of IT Cosmetics just had a baby and named her Wonder. 

• Love 5

I have a neighbor in her late teens that's named Felicity.  I too remember the doll so named, from the American Girl doll series.  My daughter had the paper dolls.  My mom would have liked the name Felicity I think, because there aren't nicknames for it, AFAIK.  Mom's attitude was always, if you choose Jennifer, and call the child Jenny, why wouldn't you just have chosen Jenny?

Nicole is one of my favorite names.  If their second kid is a boy?  Do we know Jer's middle name?

Good for them not choosing Michelle.  I hope they never do, along with James or Robert.  

Personally, I'm not a fan of kids all having the first letter the same.  I worked with a Deborah J-something.  Her siblings were all D J's as well.

That is so limiting!  YMMV.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Personally, I'm not a fan of kids all having the first letter the same.  I worked with a Deborah J-something.  Her siblings were all D J's as well.

That is so limiting!  YMMV.

I went to school with a girl who was one of 5 sisters.  All the girls had the initials TJM.  Totally limiting and I felt so sorry for them when it came time to order school jackets.  They got to have the initials on the front and nothing personal on the back, like band, or athletics because they expected to get 2 - 3 girls through 1 jacket.

• Love 1
(edited)
20 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Nicole is one of my favorite names.  If their second kid is a boy?  Do we know Jer's middle name?

His middle name is Joseph.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 1