Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

(edited)

In the olden days in Italian families the baby got named after one of the grandparents on the husband's side. I don't  know how traditional Jer is but this was the way it was for as long as I can remember. I did not go with that tradition when I named by twins. My mother was forced to give me my birth name by my father's family. I never use it and most Americans can't even pronounce it so it got changed (not legally) to the name I use today.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 4

@raincloud, You clearly found the most unattractive picture there is of Jinger and the prettiest of Joy.  I dare you to post a picture of those two ladies - today (laugh).  And in my humble opinion, Ben is the most handsome of the sons in-law.  

• Love 17
(edited)
36 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

@raincloud, You clearly found the most unattractive picture there is of Jinger and the prettiest of Joy.  I dare you to post a picture of those two ladies - today (laugh).  And in my humble opinion, Ben is the most handsome of the sons in-law.  

I’m posting my opinion (aren’t we all adults here?)  There is a photo right above of Jinger. I still don’t think she is better looking than Joy. We can all agree to disagree.

Edit: I added the most recent photo i could find of Joy. There is a photo of Jinger above.

E37C10CE-11CA-4678-9966-C6498756342F.jpeg

Edited by rainclouds
  • Love 5
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Adeejay said:

I think Ben is attractive too!! Jeremy probably has a better body (looks more built to me) but Ben is no slouch and works out as well. There are a lot of comments regarding Ben looking young- well he is young! I hoped we all looked young at 23. 

Im also projecting because I haven’t changed in the face since I was 13.....so yeah no our fault!

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 4
25 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Ben is attractive too!! Jeremy probably has a better body (looks more built to me) but Ben is no slouch and works out as well. There are a lot of comments regarding Ben looking young- well he his young! I hoped we all looked young at 23. 

Im also projecting because I haven’t changed in the face since I was 13.....so yeah no our fault!

LOL I think that's my problem with Ben and pretty much all the Duggar and Bates boys. They're all so young and baby faces don't do it for me. Jeremy wins the looks contest by default, but I'm withholding true judgment until Ben and the other allegedly good looking boys hit 30. 

When I was around 28 I was recognized by my 3rd grade teacher. I'm still not sure how I feel about that!

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Gotta ask, what is VPL? 

When I wore a sort of clingy dress in the 70's, some older woman told me that it looked obvious that I wasn't wearing a slip.  I still don't know how she could really tell.  I had a nice young body (then! ha) and must have been a major defrauder, even though that wasn't my intention at all.  I did have a bra and panties on.

Visible panty lines. You can damn near see them on the side.  Oops, I see westiepeach beat me to it.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, rainclouds said:

I’m posting my opinion (aren’t we all adults here?)  There is a photo right above of Jinger. I still don’t think she is better looking than Joy. We can all agree to disagree.

Edit: I added the most recent photo i could find of Joy. There is a photo of Jinger above.

Holy shit, is that woman on the left their "midwife?"

Her hair looks amazeballs.  Bayalage goes for $180+ in my neck of the woods, and takes hours and hours.  If anything, I’m glad that she and Jeremy are able to splurge and treat themselves well, and I hope they continue that when the baby is here.  Jill, Joy, and Sierra all look like they’ve seen the underside of a truck and I’m sure their husbands don’t care at all.  I don’t have kids, but I make sure my mommy friends have days where they can toss the kids to the husbands and say it’s a “me day”.  It helps everyone so much in the long run.

None of the SIL do it for me, but I think Ben looks better thanJeremy.  Jeremy isn’t bad looking, but he doesn’t look as good as he thinks.  I find people who think their susper attractive to the point of being vain or cocky annoying.  Jeremy is in your face attractive and Ben is more quietly handsome.  Ben looks like he might age better too. 

• Love 5

He's not an in law but the bigger twin--Jeremiah is a hottie in the eyes of this grandma.  I think he's the best looking of all--Duggars or in laws.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, rainclouds said:

I value your opinion! Plus, we were looking at the faces alone, not anything else. I agree that Joy has the prettier face! They are both beautiful girls, IMO. 

• Love 5
9 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

I gotta disagree there. Poor Jilly Muffin and her gums for days every time she smiles . . . she is the epitome of homely for me. 

I know she can't help it, but she looks too much like Jim Bob to me. My ranking on looks is Jana, Jessa, Jinger, Joy, and Jill. 

Maybe the baby should be named Ginger. lol

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, babyhouseman said:

Maybe the baby should be named Ginger. lol

That would be awesome!!

im also on the “pretentious last name of favorite theologian” as fort name train. I could totally see Jeremy doing that and trying to outdo bin on spurgeon. 

Are there any famous fundy women? I just can't see Jeremy & Jinger giving their daughter a last name as a first name unless it's a very feminine name or has a feminine nickname. For example, a friend's granddaughter has her mother's maiden name, McCallister, but is called Callie.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, awaken said:

im also on the “pretentious last name of favorite theologian” as fort name train. I could totally see Jeremy doing that and trying to outdo bin on spurgeon. 

I can't see that at all, especially as this baby is a girl.  Maybe something like  Elizabeth for Elizabeth Elliot, but nothing too out there. More likely some kind of biblical name. 

• Love 1
(edited)
56 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Are there any famous fundy women? 

Doubt it. If they were to be famous either they didn’t have a headship (gasp!) and would thereby be disqualified or if they were married, their fame would threaten to eclipse their headships, thus emasculating them forevermore and thereby also disqualifying. “Be sweet” pretty much equates to “kiss ass 24/7” which leaves little time for individual ambition or accomplishment.

P.S. Apparently “radiant” in his world means “deranged.”

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Ben is attractive too!! Jeremy probably has a better body (looks 

I have a no face change story that none of you can beet. My mom is cough 60 cough and we went back East this weekend to my cousin's wedding because my mom was in the wedding she went to the hair place to get her hair done. I was with her and somebody calls her name. So she finally turned around and sees the lady who was calling her and she says how do you know me? The lady says her name and told her she was her kindergarten teacher.

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Notice that Anna and Josh didn't honor Michelle by using her name, even though it would have fit their "M" theme.

They said at one point that's why they chose the letter M. 

(edited)
9 hours ago, zenme said:

Whatever the name is, it's going to have some b.s. story to go with the choice. Like, "We chose the name Sofia because she is going to be wise beyond measure." Or "Her name is going to be Bella because my great great great great grandmother was named Bella Vuolo." Even though they know nothing about Bella. For all they know she could've run a bordello out of her basement. Rather than saying "We just like the name. We thought it was cute!," I'm sure jermey  will have some deeper meaning bullshit for the name. 

I love you.

I am dying over here with laughter. I am straight up laughing (like the evil Catholic that I am) like a kid during the homily at Midnight Mass!

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’m not going to judge their general attractiveness on the bad styling of their teen years (most of us have been there!) 

Jinger did seem to hold onto that really linked up hair longer than most of the other sisters.  (Its a really “easy hairstyle”.   Sometimes I miss that about the 90’s - but I get over it pretty fast if I go back and look at the photos.  It’s incedible that what looks so GOOOOOOD-DUH at the time can look so AWFUL later.  I personally think that’s why so many of us comment on a Jingers looks these days.  She looks so dang healthy, fresh faced and happy.  She looks good.  

Someone said upthread that Jeremy said it was ok for her to wear pants.  Or maybe that he was fine with her wearing pants.  Something to that affect.  Do we know Jeremy said that, or we just assume it because she began to wear them (and SHORTS!!) as soon as she was off the compound?  Regardless, she sure looks better these days.

except I felt COMPLETELY and utterly defrauded by her knees in that last tablecloth pic.  Even at the end of pregnancy, I definitely felt defrauded by her actual knees showing.  Lil’ huzzy.  Also, she apparently can still get her feet into her shoes.  When I was that far gone, I was wearing shoes sans laces and with the tongues hanging out.  Pretty sure I wasn’t personally defrauding anybody...

• Love 3
10 hours ago, lascuba said:

LOL I think that's my problem with Ben and pretty much all the Duggar and Bates boys. They're all so young and baby faces don't do it for me. Jeremy wins the looks contest by default, but I'm withholding true judgment until Ben and the other allegedly good looking boys hit 30. 

I think Bin is going to hit the looks jackpot as he gets older.  Jeremy has a certain "oily bohunk" quality that bugs me.  Austin and Dreck just flat-out creep me the heck out...I just can't see them getting any better-looking as they get older, like at all.

4 hours ago, Happyfatchick said:

Someone said upthread that Jeremy said it was ok for her to wear pants.  Or maybe that he was fine with her wearing pants.  Something to that affect.  Do we know Jeremy said that, or we just assume it because she began to wear them (and SHORTS!!) as soon as she was off the compound?  Regardless, she sure looks better these days.

Jinger was never allowed to wear pants or shorts until she met Jeremy, so I wonder if it was less Jinger asking permission from Jeremy, and more her just seriously questioning if it was really okay for her to wear shorts and pants.  I can see where she would be confused between how her nutjob parents made her dress and what society actually accepts, and the worldly Babe would know the answer to that question.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

I think Bin is going to hit the looks jackpot as he gets older.  Jeremy has a certain "oily bohunk" quality that bugs me.  Austin and Dreck just flat-out creep me the heck out...I just can't see them getting any better-looking as they get older, like at all.

Jinger was never allowed to wear pants or shorts until she met Jeremy, so I wonder if it was less Jinger asking permission from Jeremy, and more her just seriously questioning if it was really okay for her to wear shorts and pants.  I can see where she would be confused between how her nutjob parents made her dress and what society actually accepts, and the worldly Babe would know the answer to that question.

OMG Oily Bo Hunk...whats a happenin hot stuff?

• Love 22

My takeaway: Jinger is one of those people who needs to calm it down on the tooth-baring when smiling, maybe practicing into a mirror for muscle memory.  Otherwise I think she's quite pretty.

• Love 2
(edited)

Jinger seems happy and that’s all that matters. It’s all about what she is or is not willing to tolerate.  For all the things I find annoying about Jeremy, and there are plenty, I don’t get that undercover control freak who’s cool with Pearl methods like Austin or that whammy burger go postal ant any given moment because he can’t cope vibe like Derick.  He doesn’t seem to be a creep who would make his pregnant wife schlep a stroller around like Josh either.  

Then again, still waters run deep so who knows how he would act if things went south.  He seems to love praise and adoration.  I’m sure he’ll love his children, but I hope he isn’t one of those men who gets jealous of the attention the baby gets, which means less attention for him. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 17

I finally have to jump in with my two cents.  I am continually amazed at the different perceptions of attractiveness.  I have so often read that Jana is beautiful or gorgeous and I look at her and wonder what on earth people see that I can't.  She is perfectly OK looking but so ordinary and unremarkable that I can't imagine her standing out in any group.

I think Jinger has really come into her own with her styling and is very pretty.  Pre-Jeremy she was pretty, but needed better makeup, hair styling, and clothes.  She very likely gets encouragement from Jeremy, but I think she has an innate sense of style that she can now express.  She is doing attractive pregnancy to the hilt.

Ranking the older Duggar girls: Jessa (facially, I still think she is beautiful), Jinger, Jana, Joy and poor unfortunate Jill.

The Duggar girl husbands: Jeremy is attractive facially and has a great body; Ben is relatively attractive; Derrick is just plain scary.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

It has been speculated by a lot of us that Jeremy picked Jinger on purpose so he could be dominant.  And that Jinger isn't "really" happy, only thinks she is.  One never knows why two people are drawn to each other, and these two seem drawn, vs. Lauren and Josiah, and even Joy and Austyn.  Jeremy comes from more of the real world and maybe he doesn't care if Jinger wears pants or shorts.  Maybe she said "I want to wear pants" and he said "whatever you want, I don't care".  Of course she could have said "Jeremy, I have an idea to wear pants.  How do you feel about that?  Would it be too ungodly?" Or whatever way she phrased it.  Apparently it is fine with him.  I don't know what goes on behind their closed doors except what we see on teevee, but, I think they are working out their relationship and Jeremy, although not my type, is a man vs. boy and Jinger might be very happy with where things are in her life right now.  As she grows older and matures she may have more opinions and I'm hoping that she and Jeremy will have evolved to where they can have discussions and come to compatible agreement on things without him dominating.  Or, she may like someone in control and that is fine with her.  Anyway, maybe she really is happy, at least now.  I think she is adorable at this stage in her life.

Yes, for all we know, Jinger always wanted to wear pants and shorts and one of the things she liked about Jeremy was that he came from a background where that was no big deal.  We don't know that she needed Jeremy's permission or that she even asked for it.  I'd like to believe that at least one couple in this world has a fairly egalitarian relationship (as much as anyone who believes in Biblical headship can) and that Jinger knows Jeremy doesn't expect her to ask permission for every little thing including wearing pants.  Being sort of metrosexual himself, I think she may well have asked him to help her shop for pants and shorts since she didn't have any experience in that area.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

The Duggar girl husbands: Jeremy is attractive facially and has a great body; Ben is relatively attractive; Derrick is just plain scary.

I would put Nostrils just before Derick.

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Yes, for all we know, Jinger always wanted to wear pants and shorts and one of the things she liked about Jeremy was that he came from a background where that was no big deal.  We don't know that she needed Jeremy's permission or that she even asked for it.  I'd like to believe that at least one couple in this world has a fairly egalitarian relationship (as much as anyone who believes in Biblical headship can) and that Jinger knows Jeremy doesn't expect her to ask permission for every little thing including wearing pants.  Being sort of metrosexual himself, I think she may well have asked him to help her shop for pants and shorts since she didn't have any experience in that area.

Jeremy's mother and sister wear pants.  Jeremy often says what a righteous woman his mother is, etc., and he is used to seeing her wear pants.  The same is true of Derick Dillard's mother, Cathy.  Here is a picture of Jeremy's mom and sister giving a violin performance:

Counting On.jpg

• Love 6
11 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

I think it means OtherWise Known as.

Thanks. it's hard to keep up with all of these stupid initials. 

I like your screen name. I'm also in the Bay Area.  I was born and raised in the East Bay and I've never left. 

• Love 5

Jinger has always been my favorite because she did the best eye roll faces for baby announcements.  

I really like her and Jeremy together because they seemed so cute and fun together on their honeymoon. He seemed like a regular-ish guy who could enjoy life without putting Jesus in every sentence. And he does have a great body. 

They are definitely living on their own terms with the house in another city and a delayed baby. And she highlighted her hair! Baby steps, but it’s better than the rest of them. 

• Love 18
7 hours ago, queenanne said:

My takeaway: Jinger is one of those people who needs to calm it down on the tooth-baring when smiling, maybe practicing into a mirror for muscle memory.  Otherwise I think she's quite pretty.

Practice smiling? Why would someone do that? A smile is a natural thing, if "practiced" it would end up looking fake.  What's wrong with a big, happy, toothy smile?!   I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just super confused about why anyone should practice smiling.  I'm a happy person and my big, toothy smile reflects that.  

• Love 22