Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Jinger has always been my favorite because she did the best eye roll faces for baby announcements.  

I really like her and Jeremy together because they seemed so cute and fun together on their honeymoon. He seemed like a regular-ish guy who could enjoy life without putting Jesus in every sentence. And he does have a great body. 

They are definitely living on their own terms with the house in another city and a delayed baby. And she highlighted her hair! Baby steps, but it’s better than the rest of them. 

And just think, if Joy hadn’t let Joe convince her to come back into the fold, she might have found someone more worldly and open like that to help her thrive. 

Instead she got Nostrils 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Jinger has always been my favorite because she did the best eye roll faces for baby announcements.  

I really like her and Jeremy together because they seemed so cute and fun together on their honeymoon. He seemed like a regular-ish guy who could enjoy life without putting Jesus in every sentence. And he does have a great body. 

They are definitely living on their own terms with the house in another city and a delayed baby. And she highlighted her hair! Baby steps, but it’s better than the rest of them. 

I like her wrinkled-nose-smile.  It reminds me of my now-departed kitty.  He'd do that when he meowed.

Even though I think Jer is way too full of himself, I don't think Jin's apparent happiness is faked, like some of her siblings or their spouses strikes me.  She's toned down the makeup, and looks much better since marriage IMO.  Distance from those warped parents has been a huge plus, I'm sure.

• Love 17
(edited)
5 hours ago, Mollie said:

Here is a picture of Jeremy's mom and sister giving a violin performance:

Counting On.jpg

Wow, actual musicians!!! I wonder what they think of all the Duggar children playing their squeaky violins?

I think all of the Duggar girls are very attractive. I agree with @laurakaye that if they had been allowed to try different activities and find their passions, instead of being slotted into mandatory helpmeet/babymaker molds, all of them would have had the opportunity to blossom like Jinger and their innate beauty would be more apparent. Jinger seems the happiest, although I think Jana has found ways to make her life satisfying. Jessa is trying and I think her and Bin are good partners and good parents. I worry about Joy because Austin has bought into the Pearl's way of life and I think that will turn out to be soul-sucking for Joy, Gideon, and any future children they have. Jill's life is stressful and it shows on her face. She may not be the prize that Derick thought she was going to be, but he's turning out to be batshit fundy crazy and that doesn't make for a happy family life.

Edited by Nysha
Jessa & Jinger are not interchangeable.
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Maharincess said:

Practice smiling? Why would someone do that? A smile is a natural thing, if "practiced" it would end up looking fake.  What's wrong with a big, happy, toothy smile?!   I'm not trying to be an ass, I'm just super confused about why anyone should practice smiling.  I'm a happy person and my big, toothy smile reflects that.  

Well, I’m guessing that you are photogenic, and don’t have myriads of photos where you think, ‘Man, what a stupid smile I have and how unattractive it makes my (insert facial feature here) look,” like me and the others in my family, three of whom practiced attractive facial arrangements in the mirror for hours recently before they were going to be asked to take pictures at a formal event.

• Love 17
15 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Well, I’m guessing that you are photogenic, and don’t have myriads of photos where you think, ‘Man, what a stupid smile I have and how unattractive it makes my (insert facial feature here) look,”

I've always thought smiles were smiles, just naturally beautiful because it meant the person smiling was happy. It never occurred to me that someone's natural smile could make them unattractive until I read all the criticism here about Lauren and her gummy smiles. 

• Love 17
41 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I've always thought smiles were smiles, just naturally beautiful because it meant the person smiling was happy. It never occurred to me that someone's natural smile could make them unattractive until I read all the criticism here about Lauren and her gummy smiles. 

Well, it's better and more attractive than a scowl, that's for sure; and it could work the opposite way too, where people are pickier about their own smiles than you yourself are when you behold them.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, queenanne said:

My takeaway: Jinger is one of those people who needs to calm it down on the tooth-baring when smiling, maybe practicing into a mirror for muscle memory.  Otherwise I think she's quite pretty.

LOL, Jill too!!  She looks nice with a normal smile!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

Well, I’m guessing that you are photogenic, and don’t have myriads of photos where you think, ‘Man, what a stupid smile I have and how unattractive it makes my (insert facial feature here) look,” like me and the others in my family, three of whom practiced attractive facial arrangements in the mirror for hours recently before they were going to be asked to take pictures at a formal event.

I bet you smile beautifully. We’re always harder on ourselves. 

• Love 12

There is sometimes a big difference between a natural smile and a photo smile. I’ve been told that I have a nice natural smile, but when I try to smile for pictures, I look like Chandler, from Friends, smiling for his engagement pictures. I tried practicing in front of the mirror once, but I definitely would benefit from a lot more practice!

• Love 20
30 minutes ago, awaken said:

LOL, Jill too!!  She looks nice with a normal smile!

Smiles really are weird things when it comes to photos. There are lovely people out there who are nowhere near being classically beautiful whose smiles light up rooms and warm every photo they are in. Likewise, people who are very attractive in real life whose smiles never come across in a photograph, but the odd thing is that these are not necessarily the "fake" people whose smile never reaches their eyes, but maybe those who get self-conscious in front of cameras, or those whom the camera, for whatever unexplained reason, just doesn't love.

I have a niece-in-law (if that is even a thing) who is radiantly lovely in real life, and one of the sweetest people you could ever meet...her face and smile always makes me think of Olivia de Havilland. But on photos, while she looks pretty enough, she just comes across as flat.

My own smile has always been probably my best feature, but I hate cameras and the feeling is mutual. While I generally think I look OK in videos, even those at awkward angles, still photos are invariably ghastly and my smile looks more like a grimace.

Jill's gummy smile is fine to my eye - gummy smiles are somehow endearing to my eye most of the time - and I actually find her one of the prettiest Duggar daughters when she is not pulling her wide-eyed/wide-mouth faces. Jessa is insanely photogenic, though not classically beautiful. I always found Jinger's photos in the past not as attractive as her sisters', but wonder, now, how much of that was due to being more self conscious in front of the camera coupled with a heavy hand in makeup application and a too-dark skin/hair palette. I still don't think she has the naturally prettiest faces among the sisters, but has become increasingly photogenic, maybe due to Jeremy's thinking and telling her how beautiful she is (I hope he does, anyway).

Joy has a mixture of wholesome prettiness and photogenic facial structure which comes across well in photos as well. Though pregnancy was NOT her friend.

And add me to those  who just don't quite get why Jana is considered y many to be so beautiful. She's pretty enough and has a sweet sort of facial expression, but as someone else said upthread, I can't see her ever standing out in a crowd, even among her sisters.

Ah. well...this thread certainly has proved how subjective beauty is!

• Love 14
(edited)
2 hours ago, queenanne said:

Believe me when I tell you that I am the LEAST photogenic person ever.  I've only ever looked good in one picture and that was taken when I was 15.  I don't care if I don't look perfect in pictures. I'd rather look happy with my big, toothy smile then to look like I have a fake, practiced smile.  I'm a smiley person, I smile at everyone I come across. I honestly couldn't imagine practicing a smile in a mirror.  That seems very conceited to me.  I'd rather look happy then fake.  But I respect your opinion. 

Even though I'm not photogenic, I've never thought I looked stupid in pictures, I think I look like I'm happy and having a good time. Anything else is fake to me. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

I can hear the gong in the background. 

Married?  Married!

I think all the older girls are pretty in different ways. The little ones still run together to me. I think Jinger looks really lovely during this pregnancy. Thankfully I had my kids before the age of pregnancy photo shoots and Instagram because in every stage of my pregnancies I looked bloated and splotchy.  There are not enough filters in the world to have made my pregnant self look “radiant.” Lol. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Mollie said:

Counting On.jpg

What a beautiful venue for whatever this was...and the 3 women with their stringed instruments...hot! And it looks like they stashed their wine glasses over to the left side behind Mrs. V.

Jinge's wedding pic is gorgeous......I love the neckline on the dress. Hair, make-up,and flowers are perfection. She has the prize for "Best Fundy Bride" hands-down.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 7/10/2018 at 4:13 PM, rainclouds said:

It certainly is and we can agree to disagree.  Jill has awful fashion sense but has big blue eyes, she is tall and thin. Her gummy smile is not a big deal if she’d only learn to smile in a proper way. Joy is stacked,  short and “sloppy”  but her face is beautiful. 

4526873E-7F73-4809-B7D3-D14B481D67DA.jpeg

13CB6B5E-A128-4C77-898C-6FC242A5EF0D.png

Oh come now, you pick a posed studio shot of Joy at an age closer to she is now and then a candid one of a clearly still early teenage Jinger, at that age when we're ALL awkward. Not entirely fair.

Edited by MichaelaRae
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, Maharincess said:

Believe me when I tell you that I am the LEAST photogenic person ever.  I've only ever looked good in one picture and that was taken when I was 15.  

This is me only I was 9. Afterwards I was sad it was taken in my Girl Scout uniform. 

• Love 2

Austin would be at the top of my list for handsome in laws. I don’t get the creepy vibe from him that many of you get, so maybe that helps.

Ben gets relegated to a knotch above Derick because, even if the scale is supposed to be looks only, I find his voice to be so off-putting that I can’t get past it.

I agree with someone upthread that Jessa is photogenic rather than beautiful. She would be near the bottom of my list for the Duggar sisters. I think Jana beautiful, although I don’t like her 90s styling as of late. On looks alone, when Jill is natural and not posed, I think she is pretty. Joy has a pretty girl next door look. I bet she will age well. 

• Love 4

I think Jinger and Jeremy are the best looking couple by a longshot. I still can't get past Ben's cankles and whatever the wrist equivalent is. Poor Spurge has inherited this Seewald trait.

• Love 8

I have an issue with my eyes and I can look surprised in pictures if I'm not paying attention to how my face is.  I think I'm just smiling normally, like everyone else, and then when I see the pic, I look like I'm deranged.  So, I have spent some time in a mirror working out how it feels when my eyes are open TOO wide.  That way when I'm smiling for a pic, I can make sure my eyes are at a "normal" opening.  I can see why some people might do that with a smile, or the way they held their head or whatever.

• Love 8
(edited)

I have very poor eyesight but take my glasses off for pictures. The unfortunate side effect of this is that I blink more than normal when I am not wearing my glasses because I'm blind as a damn bat and can barely see the photographer or anything else. So . . . pictures either feature me with my eyes closed or my eyes open really big. I have big eyes anyway, so this can be an unsettling look. LOL I have very few decent pictures of myself. 

For all these reasons, I absolutely panic during "candid," "spontaneous" group pictures. I always just look super confused or frightened or angry. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 5

All the J-girts are just average-looking. The pic above where they're glammed up is very nice. But most people look nice professionally made up and posed.

The J-boys are a different story. Cute little boys who now aren't aging well, which is probably why Jackson is desperately hanging onto his youth. LOL

SILs?.....only Babe is passable. The rest...ugh.

DILs? ........the 2 new teen-aged ones are kinda cute. Smuggar's bitch has improved over the years.

Grandkids....all very average, the two M-girls being the cutest. All the boys...meh. Too much JB/Smuggar in them.

• Love 4
(edited)
13 hours ago, Lunera said:

I think Jinger looks the best she's ever looked. I'm just glad she got rid of that ridiculous tan. 

Screenshot_20180711-193942-554x377.jpg.2c0a547cecaeb659fd850cb3fdf07e41.jpg

482667_307589832700233_271242701_n.jpg.dbc2879781491c6daa4a372a45cf1e5d.jpg

I believe that shade is what Chip Gaines refers to as hot wing orange.  Jeez she looked like an oompa loompa.  There was no where to go but up. 

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 7
13 hours ago, Lunera said:

I think Jinger looks the best she's ever looked. I'm just glad she got rid of that ridiculous tan. 

Screenshot_20180711-193942-554x377.jpg.2c0a547cecaeb659fd850cb3fdf07e41.jpg

482667_307589832700233_271242701_n.jpg.dbc2879781491c6daa4a372a45cf1e5d.jpg

My urge to grab scissors is overwhelming at the moment.....to cut all the hair and to cut up the mustard cardigan.

Jill looks better than Jessa in that pic.

Is that madcap Cousin Amy hogging the spotlight?

• Love 3

I feel like Jessa is wearing less (or no) makeup compared to her sisters. 

I agree that Jill looks good in that picture. I also thought she looked really good in her engagement pictures. 

Jinger generally has a nice smile here, but she does look way too orange - plus I think the mustard cardigan is accentuating the orangeness. 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

What has changed about Jeremy physically?  I first thought he was hot in stills, but almost effeminate in video.  You would think he's the one enduring a pregnancy, not Jinger.   I thought it was because he shaved his face, but it's back.  Is his hairline receding quickly? 

I've never noticed his smile was asymmetrical, but now the right side of his mouth droops below his tooth line.

This is really critical, and I should be ashamed.  But he's so fixated on his physical appearance that I cannot help myself.

44 minutes ago, drafan said:

My urge to grab scissors is overwhelming at the moment.....to cut all the hair and to cut up the mustard cardigan.

Jill looks better than Jessa in that pic.

Is that madcap Cousin Amy hogging the spotlight?

It kind of looks like Kelly Bates dolled up, drunk, and partying.  Who's the redhead?

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

What has changed about Jeremy physically? 

He's gained weight, he's either not sleeping or has allergies and his eye wrinkles are huge, and he looks like he has spit tobacco lodged in his bottom lip.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Nysha said:

He's gained weight, he's either not sleeping or has allergies and his eye wrinkles are huge, and he looks like he has spit tobacco lodged in his bottom lip.

If you don't have anything nice to say, come sit by me!

• Love 19
On 7/11/2018 at 5:45 AM, laurakaye said:

LOLZ, thank you for getting that reference!

Rainclouds beat me to it!  I absolutely love that movie and can speak the lines right along with it!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, louannems said:

Rolls his own tobacco cigarettes?

Looks to me as though he might have been working on a car or some other sort of engine. That dirty sort of grease doesn't come out easily!

My own nails are  looking kind or rough right now from all the weeding...I just can't do it wearing gloves - none of the smaller weeds, or those with roots that you have to fish around for lend themselves to being uprooted when you can't get a really precise grip. And as much as I  scrub, there are parts of the cuticle which will NOT get clean. I shudder to imagine what people are thinking.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, SMama said:

Jeremy is not a Duggar and lived in large cities. I’m not surprised he knows about Boba. My 11 year old knows what it is. 

Hardly a country bumpkin or ignorant, I don't know what Boba is. 

• Love 19
52 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Hardly a country bumpkin or ignorant, I don't know what Boba is. 

They're little tapioca balls put into iced teas and smoothies, most commonly found in Asian shops (or at least that's how it is where I live). I like them, but I'm always afraid I'm going to choke on one when I suck them through a straw so I usually don't order them.

• Love 4