Type keyword(s) to search

The Duggalos: Jinger and the Holy Goalie

Message added by cm-soupsipper,

Closure Notice: This Thread is now closed due to the name (and much of the posting within it). Please be mindful going forward by naming topics in a way that invites a healthy community conversation. If you name something for a cheap laugh, this thread may be closed later because it encourages discrimination and harm. 

• Start Topic

28 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

They're little tapioca balls put into iced teas and smoothies, most commonly found in Asian shops (or at least that's how it is where I live). I like them, but I'm always afraid I'm going to choke on one when I suck them through a straw so I usually don't order them.

Yuck.  There's nothing I would desire tapioca to be added to.  

• Love 18
9 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Is Jeremy's smile asymetrical or is it something with his teeth? I thought the teeth were the problem, but...

You're right, he may have shorter teeth on that side.  I've just never noticed it before.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

They're little tapioca balls put into iced teas and smoothies, most commonly found in Asian shops (or at least that's how it is where I live). I like them, but I'm always afraid I'm going to choke on one when I suck them through a straw so I usually don't order them.

I only know what these are because of Farrah Abraham (hangs head in shame).

• Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Thank you. I'm not a big tapioca fan, but my favorite nut mixes have some tapioca flavoring in it. So maybe I would enjoy boba balls.  

Edited by Temperance

I couldn't tell you really what tapioca tastes like, I just know I hate boba because of the texture. I don't want to chew my drink, and I hate the way they goosh when you bite them!

(Disclaimer, I also don't really like the texture of Jello or pudding. Yuck!)

• Love 9

Its very much a texture thing.  The actual product itself is pretty much tasteless, and sugar syrup is usually added to give it a bit of anything.  What I’ve noticed in the US is that food isn’t so much eaten for texture, only for flavor.  It’s why Asians like to eat cartilage, pig feet, mochi...the big texture that’s in right now is what you get in boba, and people are trying to emulate it in noodles.  It’s called “QQ”.  Literally pronounced KewKew.  

It kinda drives me bonkers, tbh.  I much prefer having mango pooping boba, red bean, or lychee jelly in my drinks.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Wishing Well said:

Its very much a texture thing.  The actual product itself is pretty much tasteless, and sugar syrup is usually added to give it a bit of anything.  What I’ve noticed in the US is that food isn’t so much eaten for texture, only for flavor.  It’s why Asians like to eat cartilage, pig feet, mochi...the big texture that’s in right now is what you get in boba, and people are trying to emulate it in noodles.  It’s called “QQ”.  Literally pronounced KewKew.  

It kinda drives me bonkers, tbh.  I much prefer having mango pooping boba, red bean, or lychee jelly in my drinks.

Um, what?!?! 

We call it bubble tea here. Brother Vuolo looks like he might be fun to hang out with. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Wishing Well said:

I've never had one mostly because I know I would not be able to handle the texture. I gag on Jell-o, find the texture of tapioca pudding kinda gross and can't even manage the barley in barley soup. I like pretty much any sort of food except for things that are too spicy or vinegary, but the few things I really despise, it's the texture that does it. Likewise, with a lot of the foods I find really addictive a lot of it has to do with texture.

• Love 4

I don't live under a rock and had not heard the word boba.  Bubble tea I've heard of and never tried.

I don't think there is any weird asymmetry with Jeremy's mouth/teeth.  It looks just the position his mouth was in at the moment of the picture.

• Love 5

My brain too many Js in Jinger’s name, and I was thinking her name was actually Jinjer... like JinJer... like JinJeremy. So then I thought they should name the baby Mya. Then they could keep it going... JinJereMya. 

• Love 7

It was interesting to me to find out that everyone's face is a tiny bit or more asymmetrical.  When I really looked at mine, I can tell one eyebrow is a bit higher than the other.

I remember thinking in some picture of Anna, her teeth looked lower on one side, like Jer looks in the photo above.  Maybe they just have a crooked smile.

Bro does not look happy in the pic.  His hands look like he's been pitting Bing cherries for days.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Wishing Well said:

Oh, I love torsion in my food!  (Though I'd never had mochi until I stepped into a Pinkberry.)  I dig gummy candies, the seeds in the kiwi, octopus, etc. - I think it's the OCD in me, enjoying worrying it about.   I'll keep an eye out for those noodles, lol.

55 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Isn't Jeremy's brother artist or film maker? Either one of those could easily explain the hands. 

He is. He's a photographer and filmmaker. He was recently in the Dominican Republic working on a project. Seems like a way more interesting guy that Jeremy. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

Um, what?!?! 

We call it bubble tea here. Brother Vuolo looks like he might be fun to hang out with. 

OOPS.

its not my fault since whenever I think of the Duggars I also think of ? 

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Is Jeremy's smile asymetrical or is it something with his teeth? I thought the teeth were the problem, but...

He has a smile / lower face just like the Property Brothers.

4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Bro does not look happy in the pic.  His hands look like he's been pitting Bing cherries for days.

Oh God, now I'm getting hungry. Love cherries. Babe's bro looks interesting.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I believe that shade is what Chip Gaines refers to as hot wing orange.  Jeez she looked like an oompa loompa.  There was no where to go but up. 

She has to cringe when she sees this now!

• Love 7
(edited)
7 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

I’ve always noticed the asymmetry of his face. Although since that’s part of my job to notice facial asymmetries, so it jumps out at me right away!  Don’t get me started on derick!  

I’ll have to ask for mango pooping boba next time!

and will have to look for food with torsion!  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

My brain too many Js in Jinger’s name, and I was thinking her name was actually Jinjer... like JinJer... like JinJeremy. So then I thought they should name the baby Mya. Then they could keep it going... JinJereMya. 

I love the name Maya.  My dear departed dog had that name.

3 hours ago, awaken said:

I’ve always noticed the asymmetry of his face. Although since that’s part of my job to notice facial asymmetries, so it jumps out at me right away!  Don’t get me started on derick!  

The first time I noticed facial asymmetry was in Shannon Doherty.  One eye is close to an inch lower than the other.  She's still gorgeous, but it was interesting.  Some people call that Picasso Face.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Oh that poor girl. She’s officially reached the ‘ it’s hot, I’m tired. There’s no more room inside my body for this baby’ stage of pregnancy. 

My daughter was born on July 30.  The entire month of July was so incredibly uncomfortable. I did not bear it anywhere near as gracefully as Jinger.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, awaken said:

I always noticed it as well, but I generally notice the details in faces and especially teeth when I meet a person. I may never get around to noticing what they are wearing, but I've always been fascinated with faces. I think that's why I learned to draw them.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The first time I noticed facial asymmetry was in Shannon Doherty.  One eye is close to an inch lower than the other.  She's still gorgeous, but it was interesting.  Some people call that Picasso Face.

I never noticed that before! Of course I had to google her, and now that I saw it, I can't see anything else!

• Love 6

good morning, friends. just had a thought...i sure hope that jinger has an epidural, goes through an easy-to-manage labor and then takes the first photos looking princess perfect!

• Love 14
12 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Oh that poor girl. She’s officially reached the ‘ it’s hot, I’m tired. There’s no more room inside my body for this baby’ stage of pregnancy. 

She’s officially past the cantaloupe she posted last... we’ve moved on toward a watermelon.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Yeah I feel for her!  My daughter is an August baby and I spent those last few weeks waddling from my air conditioned house to my air conditioned car to the beach where I hid under a tree or in the lake.  Good times.

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Love me some Steel Magnolias - except Shelby.  I couldn't stand that girl.

Get over it, Mama! 

OT: Here's hoping Jinger turns her AC to whatever she wants. Not that I think Jeremy would insist on having it higher, but because she looks so uncomfortable and I've lived in Texas, so I know how hot it gets. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, GleamingMist said:

Yeah I feel for her!  My daughter is an August baby and I spent those last few weeks waddling from my air conditioned house to my air conditioned car to the beach where I hid under a tree or in the lake.  Good times.

I had an August baby as well...then a July one. The third was born in January. What a difference!

• Love 4
45 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

Love me some Steel Magnolias - except Shelby.  I couldn't stand that girl.

I've always been indifferent to Shelby, but upon rewatching recently, I don't find Anelle anywhere near as likable as I used to. Blame it on all the fundie-following I've done ever the years.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, lascuba said:

I've always been indifferent to Shelby, but upon rewatching recently, I don't find Anelle anywhere near as likable as I used to. Blame it on all the fundie-following I've done ever the years.

Anelle's not my favorite, either.  But Shelby!  Oh she drove me crazy.  Just had to have that baby knowing she may be leaving a motherless child.  Then just had to keep being a nurse because she loved those babies.  Ugh!  Makes nurses sound like day care providers.  And the implication that a man is incapable of raising his child alone.  Blah.

On topic:  I agree that Jinger should be in control of the air conditioner.  I'm in Georgia and it's dreadful.

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I had an August baby as well...then a July one. The third was born in January. What a difference!

My babies were both winter babies. However, my last one came at 9lbs, and 21 in. I was in my 30s. I’m short. I was huge. A picture of me two weeks before I had him shows I’d had more than enough. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

In 2 weeks, few days left. She posted 38 week picture, and due date is 40 weeks

Thanks. Can't believe I spelled her name incorrectly.  ?

(edited)

Anelle's not my favorite, either.  But Shelby!  Oh she drove me crazy.  Just had to have that baby knowing she may be leaving a motherless child.  Then just had to keep being a nurse because she loved those babies.  Ugh!  Makes nurses sound like day care providers.  And the implication that a man is incapable of raising his child alone.  Blah.

I used to think, "Such a pill, she even had to reject Mama's kidney!"...I'm all about Truvy. She made that movie.

I'm hoping Jing just has a non-toddler size baby with a big fat epidural. I've never done any sort of drugs and I don't drink but after my magical epidural experiences, I do them recreationally if I could. I just really want her to enjoy all the perks of a Dr. Jill Medicine Duggar free experience.

Edited by asuwur
  • Love 12

I had my first baby without epidural and second with. Epidural is a blessing... I hope Jinger has seen too much births with moms in pain, so she won't hesitate to ask for some drugs and/or epidural

• Love 3
On 7/13/2018 at 8:45 PM, Westiepeach said:

I never noticed that before! Of course I had to google her, and now that I saw it, I can't see anything else!

I did the exact same thing a few years ago when someone pointed out Tom Cruise's third front tooth. It's so distracting to me now; it's all I can see when I look at his face.

On topic: Jeremy's smile does look odd in the photo posted with his brother, but at least he doesn't have Tom Cruise's teeth!

• Love 4

Jeremy tweeted he and Jinger will be here. He is a speaker:

2019 G3 English Conference: Thursday, January 17th - Saturday, January 19th

WHERE

Georgia International Convention Center
2000 Convention Center Concourse  
College Park, GA 30337

6FA41DF8-53E3-4D94-BE87-C24CD74C5EA3.jpeg

• Love 1