Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E02: Kindergarten Camp

Tara Ariano
  • Start Topic

Same here; that vote spread seemed too calculated for a spur-of-the-moment flip.

Personal suspicion: Muscles ratted out Jenny's potential flip to the guys, and they split the vote in case either Felecia or Jenny had found the HII and/or passed it to the other.

This makes sense.  There was zero concern about Cydney at TC.  They boys were solid with her, no suspicion.  

Climbing the tree for the idol will be easier for a man.  It takes strong quads and the more important is height.  You have to be able to wrap your legs and arms far enough around for leverage.  The simultaneous truth is Caleb is too muscle bound to do that.  His type of body often fails where strength is needed, counter intuitive but true.  Brute force, yes, getting up that tree, I am not sure he could do it. 

Love his bromance with Tai.  This is not the same guy we knew from BB.  He did give us a peek into that guy last week so I go with the editing is his friend angle. 

• Love 3

I've seen people stick their foot in their mouth before at tribal, I've never seen anyone manage to get their second foot in there.  Way to implode, Jenny, it was spectacular watching you self-destruct.

• Love 22

Jenny is an all around idiot. Maybe that worm did something to her brain as well. She could have easily dodged Jeff's question about female alliance. Women should no longer think about doing a female alliance because 99% it just doesn't work at all. She needed to go.

Jason is also an idiot saying Alecia is like an ostrich a bird that can't fly because ostriches don't fly.

That older woman on the brain tribe is annoying standing there cheering during the IC. I wanted her to shut up. Barack needs to shut up too with the 40 cats things. Not every lady over 40 has millions of cats.

My friend thinks that there is a twist and that people are secretly on tribes that they shouldn't be on like Tai should be on brain, Caleb on brawn, and Alecia on beauty. I don't think so but she's been watching Survivor longer than me.

I think Alecia belongs on beauty, Tai belongs on brains, Debbie belongs on brawn and Jason belongs on the douchebag tribe.

• Love 16

Jenny first accusing Alecia of lying about being the one who proposed the women's alliance, then saying that Jenny herself suggested it to make Alecia feel better was either an example of not keeping track of her own lies or more proof that something was left out. I think she was forced to back down from calling Alecia a liar.

Last week I only disliked Neal. This week, I am also annoyed by Debbie, dislike Joe, and absolutely hate the dumbassed bounty hunter. Seriously, fuck that dude.

Oh, and another thing. I still don't give a shit that Darnell was voted out. I wouldn't even be if the person who was saved wasn't the one who got them fire. But she was, which was awesome.

• Love 4

Well Jason is his last name so if I were you I'd just call him Kyle.

Did not know that. I guess the dumbass is the sole person to be referred to by his last name. I feel a little better now. And Jaison from Samoa doesn't count, does he?

ETA: There's a "Neal"? (looking up Wikipedia) Son of a bitch, there's a "Neal."

• Love 11

Glad to see Jenny go home after digging her own grave, because it spared one of the true eye candies of this season. Alopecia might not be that bright, but she did spend five hours trying to make fire while King Scot and King Jason napped.

I seriously despise Jason. I hate the way he talks, I hate the way he looks, I hate his ugly ass tattoos, I hate his attitude, I hate everything about him. I am still a bit surprised that "bounty hunting" is legal. Do they need to be licensed or certified by the police? Or are they just thugs who make money by catching petty criminals?

I don't understand why Joe gave that one girl such a hard time about wanting to boil the water. It's Survivor, they always boil the water. But Debbie says she looked at it and it's fine? How does she know? Or does she have eyes which can detect microbes?

I still don't know any of the names of the girls on the Beauty tribe.

• Love 6

I still don't give a shit that Darnell was voted out.

Well, Darnell gave one.

I don’t recall so many sunburns in previous seasons. I once had a sunburn that blistered, and I was physically ill for a few days until it subsided. I guess I’m a pansy.

ETA The flicking of skin into the cooking pot and "we'll feed it to Blondie" reminded me of why I hate potlucks.  You don't know who's digging and scratching while they cook, or who has cats on the kitchen counter ... or both, or all of the above, etc.

Edited by ennui
  • Love 14

I'll probably regret this in about 1.5 episodes but as of now I'd like Debbie to stick around as I was quite amused by her "Go large frontal lobes!" cheer.

When Jenny stood to make her point I thought she had worked herself into such a state that she was going to get her torch for Probst snuffing.  That was some epic level self destruction.

• Love 15

I didn't realize that being part of Brawn meant you had to be entirely lacking in brains! They're a full tribe of stupid.

In the first BBB, brawn dominated, brains imploded, and beauty turned on each other almost immediately. I get the impression they cast the teams to be very different.
  • Love 5

Hmmm?

Jason's wife made some comment on twitter about how the word bullying is overused/misused on this show (it was in response to something that Kelley Wentworth said).  However, given what we've seen of Jason in two episodes, I think she might have already been finding an excuse to put up the defense for him already.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 4

I don't get why these people don't say "Okay, let's flip and get this guy out, but I'm going to pretend at tribal that I'm totally with them, ignore what I say there."

Jenny was just .... I have never seen anyone be that dumb. It was almost like she wanted to go home and just said everything she could think of so everyone would vote for her.

• Love 9

If I'm understanding it correctly, Tai got a tool for getting the key out of the tree canister along with the clue. It looks like it's a thin stick long enough to stick in the hole in the bottom of the canister and push the key out the top. So, get a long stick and start a-pokin', Anyone should have a reasonable shot at that.

• Love 11

LMAO

I was interrupted before TC and decided not to bother watching because it was just going to be a long tease with Alecia finally being voted out anyway.

147 seasons and Survivor can still surprise me.

Jenny's farewell speech that she had absolutely no regrets was just a sprinkle of nuts on top of the sundae.  Really, Jenny?  Can't think of a thing?

I hope Debbie lasts awhile--she's extremely entertaining.  The casting people must have been orgasmic when they interviewed that one.

• Love 18

I'm liking Alecia which is funny because until I opened this thread I thought her name was ALICIA. She seems to have a decent backbone behind the ditsy exterior, which is fun to watch. Hopefully she continues to cockroach her way through and gets in a position where she can do some things.

Peter was pretty funny tonight with Debby. I get the feeling that he and Aubrey seem to like the two older players so they might be the swing votes on that tribe.

• Love 5

The brawn tribe was obnoxious, gross and and annoying enough as themselves, then as soon as they got fire killed the chickens to eat, because they were "exhausted" from laying about and doing nothing beyond sleeping all day, they needed protein, so they could lose the immunity challenge. Fuck off. Poor chickens, which they had crammed in a basket like your average abusive asshole chicken farmer who "stores" them in multiples stuffed in drawers. Assholes.

• Love 22

So I was thinking, when Jenny was doing her amazing implosion (it should have been seriously not even a thing to recover from that first "mistake", which is one of those annoying Survivor things where your alliance members are so full of themselves that they flip out about even thinking about any other option, though of course they themselves are free to think whatever they want...men!...anyway) that if I were Alecia I'd be like, "look, you've completely lost their trust, you have to work with me now.  Let's do this and get rid of asshole here."  Might have turned the target back on herself--in fact probably would have--but I don't know, I don't like playing Survivor for "three more days".  I like playing to take the reins and run that shit.  Who knows if Cydney would have gone with it, she's hard to read; but I think I would have gone for it.  And we would all be talking shit about me and my bad choices here on the forum, haha.  But Alecia's situation has not improved at all now, assuming any swapping is not happening for awhile, whereas with my plan there was at least a tiny chance of being on the top in the women's alliance, rather than on the bottom with no way out but praying for another miracle.  THAT'S MY THOUGHT COME AT ME KIKAHA

I liked Jenny, but I think she (and the editors who included this scene along with others of Alecia "being a dumb blonde"--I am sensitive because I am myself a blondie, so I really hate this stuff) was being inanely judgmental with her "what's the best thing in Survivor?" pop quiz.  There are thousands of answers to that, how can Alecia possibly guess which one you mean?  Don't act like she's stupid for not reading your mind.

I understand that our Caleb is a Big Brother creepo, and I do not doubt people's word on this, but strictly from what I see on the Survivor TV show, he seems something of a guileless innocent, and I can't help but like him.  Proof again that edited TV show people are only a sort of sidelong facet reflection of their "true self" (whatever that may be; of course even our public persona is only itself a fragment of our whole...)

North of Eden, on 24 Feb 2016 - 7:11 PM, said:

Meanwhile I cheered Joe when he mocked Liz about the "pathogens" and she went all sulky. If I had to guess a woman with a body like that and looks to match probably is use to getting her own way and having the way greased for her so it;s no doubt a shock to encounter someone like Joe who is immune to her charms. Joe is absolutly a combination of Rudy and BB from the classic first season.

I felt more or less the opposite.  I think it's true that most of the time people give up on the boiling and just drink the water and it's fine (Fishbach or someone admitted this in an interview, I think) but Liz is not crazy or ridiculous to be cautious, and two friends of mine recently came back from a tropical vacation with extremely violent illness probably from bad water.  I think Joe was being a jerk, and I don't think it has anything to do with Liz expecting to get her own way all the time.  If he was annoyed, and he supposedly has all these survival skills, the easy solution is: make a fire.  Alecia did it, without kerosene, matches, or military background.

blackwing, on 24 Feb 2016 - 9:49 PM, said:

Glad to see Jenny go home after digging her own grave, because it spared one of the true eye candies of this season.

I know I am not really qualified on this question but to me Jenny is much more beautiful than Alecia!  As someone said, she resembles Susan Sarandon, lovely eyes. 

• Love 11

Debbie's water judging ability seems to be based on how much money she gets to look at it and declare it safe.  I've watched enough episodes of  "Monsters Inside of Me," to want to boil my own tap water so I'm on Liz's side all the way.

I hope our President uses his FBI connections to get Joe to remove Fauxbama from the game before he damages the legacy in our collective conscience.  I can't believe this guy is an ER doctor.  He probably  tends the sprained ankles of the young ones, while letting the over-40 patients bleed out.  After all, no one but their cats will miss them.

Jenny was my favorite.  I blame Probst.  As someone who simply cannot lie under direct questioning I probably would have told him things had been "up and down," too.  I really, really wanted  to see Jason blindsided.  I wanted Alecia to write "Earlobes," on her vote and sign it "Blondie."

I liked Caleb on Big Brother and I like him here. He tells Coach-style tall stories, but he's  awesome in challenges, good natured and incredibly handsome.  He did do a lot of mooning over Amber, but he never crawled in bed with her asking to cuddle or snuck up and kissed her while she was eating.

• Love 14

This is a kind of strange season so far, I don't like anyone.

I like the quantitative strategist (Liz?) and the girl who had the anxiety attack in the first episode. I liked Jenny but mostly because she physically resembles an old friend I haven't seen in many years.

I'm pulling for Alecia to win just to see the looks on Scot's and Jason's faces.

I was hoping to like Debbie more than I do to this point. If I wanted to watch Walter Mitty, I'd rent the Danny Kaye movie.

But despite 2.5 hour so far, I don't feel like I know much about these people yet.

• Love 4

Wow.

Did Survivor fire it's Detectives? Or do they actually WANT her to be shown up as a fraud?

Wow, this is hysterical.  I wonder what the ultimate outcome was.  Is she fresh out of prison?   What a find for Survivor.  Hope she stays for a while for the humor aspect.  

I'm glad somebody mentioned Mr. Bounty Hunter's earrings.  They are driving me nuts.  

• Love 6

Kindergarten camp is damn right for the Brawn tribe. It's like I watch one of the first seasons of Survivor, the only thing missing is the soft guy who was voting people off alphabetically. It was a dull, boring, predictable and forgettable episode up until the big boom at tribal council. In fact I just watched it and the only thing I do remember that made me giggle was Tai trying to climb a tree saying "how did Ozzie do it"? Oh I miss Ozzie so much, not the one flirting with that girl, Ozzie from his first season, the pure kid. And when you start missing a player who hasn't played for 15 seasons or so and you don't remember a thing from the season that is not on air, that is a bad thing now ain't it?

Debbie please shut up. I got a headache from her yelling at the challenge.

I like Jason's gameplay. It does remind me of Russell and God knows how much I loved Russell's gameplay (don't shoot at me all at once!) :P

I could feel Jeff's frustration when the tribal council started being sure that Alecia would be voted out. He must know back then this season would never stand after Second Chances.

• Love 3

Debbie is so annoying.  I'd be campaigning to get my own ass voted off the island to get away from her constant nattering. STFU already. Was she working for the city of Flint before going on Survivor? Seems like her level of expertise was somehow involved. "hmmm, by glancing at this 8 oz  glass I can tell it has only 33% lead.  Drink up folks!"   But I think she will sty for a bit longer unfortunately.  Like Fauxbama said, she has no game play (aka "self awareness"), so she isn't a threat.  And she is Agent Phillip level cuckoo for cocoa puffs, so she's a good goat to keep at your side.

• Love 8

I'll probably regret this in about 1.5 episodes but as of now I'd like Debbie to stick around as I was quite amused by her "Go large frontal lobes!" cheer.

When Jenny stood to make her point I thought she had worked herself into such a state that she was going to get her torch for Probst snuffing.  That was some epic level self destruction.

honestly that's what I thought was happening. that she was like, you know what, whatever I quit. 

or. when she stood up. - she was going to flat out be "i trust you to catch me" and she'd totally do a Mean Girls and crash face first onto tribal floor

I could feel Jeff's frustration when the tribal council started being sure that Alecia would be voted out. He must know back then this season would never stand after Second Chances.

Don't forget: this was filmed before Second Chances. :)

• Love 7

Huh. I didn't see Fauxbama's declarations about Debbie's cat ownership as about her age this time, but more that if you are looking at the stereotypical person who has 40 cats, she would be it, regardless how old she is. And I kinda can't argue with that.

• Love 7

Regarding Joe:

I felt more or less the opposite.  I think it's true that most of the time people give up on the boiling and just drink the water and it's fine (Fishbach or someone admitted this in an interview, I think) but Liz is not crazy or ridiculous to be cautious, and two friends of mine recently came back from a tropical vacation with extremely violent illness probably from bad water.  I think Joe was being a jerk, and I don't think it has anything to do with Liz expecting to get her own way all the time.  If he was annoyed, and he supposedly has all these survival skills, the easy solution is: make a fire.  Alecia did it, without kerosene, matches, or military background.

Agree - he showed an unexpected nasty streak and (if editing is to be believed) all Liz did was make a suggestion about using the embers and he lit into her.

But worse, after that at the challenge he did little to nothing - in multiple shots he was walking next to the log, sometimes close to everyone but not actually touching it and sometimes further away..but he wasn't really helping.  Then when they were untying the knots he pretty much just stood and watched and when they were almost done wandered away.  I understand not getting in the way; only so many people can undo a single knot at a time; but the whole thing came off as him faking it and acting like a supervisor.  He's very close to going full on tribal boss mode - I'm the supervisor because I know best, you all just follow what I say.

• Love 5

Same here; that vote spread seemed too calculated for a spur-of-the-moment flip.

Personal suspicion: Muscles ratted out Jenny's potential flip to the guys, and they split the vote in case either Felecia or Jenny had found the HII and/or passed it to the other.

The more I think about it the more I think a split vote is right.  Jenny and Scot voted for Alecia.  Alecia, Cydney, and Jason voted for Jenny.  It could be the original plan was 3 for Alecia and, just in case she found the idol, 2 for Jenny, but motor mouth made Jason change his mind and switch his vote to Jenny.

I doubt Cyd would have gone for an all women's alliance anyway.  She didn't seem excited by the idea.

That older woman on the brain tribe is annoying standing there cheering during the IC. I wanted her to shut up. Barack needs to shut up too with the 40 cats things. Not every lady over 40 has millions of cats.

Oh, I don't know.  I think the cat thing was funny.  Debbie certainly sounds delusional, like a female Secret Agent Philip.  Crazy cat lady isn't a stretch.

Edited by Haleth
  • Love 4

Sometimes I think Alecia's big eyes and confused smiles are because she doesn't really have a clue what's going on. Then all of a sudden, she talks complete sense with Jen about how, if they make the merge, their two big, brawny and brainless male tribemates will be targeted first, so an all-girls alliance is the smart way to go.  Could've knocked me over with a feather.  She annoys me (but not greatly), yet now I'm kind of rooting for her.

I don't understand why Joe thought using up half the kerosene to start the tribe's first fire was the logical thing to do.  That stuff was their liquid gold.  They should've rationed and protected the heck out of it.  And now it's basically gone.  That was weird.

Debbie as the love-child of Agent Phil and Shirin is both accurate and terrifying.  I cringe in second-hand embarrassment every time she opens her mouth, but yet, I hope she sticks around for awhile because, like Phil, she makes for entertaining television.  Plus, her eyes apparently have built-in microscopes that can detect microbes in water, so that's cool, I guess.

I am liking Caleb a lot.  JudyObscure made a great point about Caleb's stalkerish tendencies on BB...at least he didn't try and force a cuddle or a kiss like Tai is doing to Caleb.  But so far, Caleb seems to be taking it in stride.

Jason?  Shut the hell up about "Blondie."  You profess to be this amazing father to two young girls, yet you treat Alecia like a brainless airhead who only takes up space and breathes your air.  Nice, jerk.

Kind of a strange episode all the way around.

Kindergarten camp is damn right for the Brawn tribe. It's like I watch one of the first seasons of Survivor, the only thing missing is the soft guy who was voting people off alphabetically. It was a dull, boring, predictable and forgettable episode up until the big boom at tribal council. In fact I just watched it and the only thing I do remember that made me giggle was Tai trying to climb a tree saying "how did Ozzie do it"? Oh I miss Ozzie so much, not the one flirting with that girl, Ozzie from his first season, the pure kid. And when you start missing a player who hasn't played for 15 seasons or so and you don't remember a thing from the season that is not on air, that is a bad thing now ain't it?

I miss Ozzy from Cook Island every single season.:)

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 10

This show is so crazy. Last week I thought Alecia was a useless sack and should have been sent home, and I was loving Jenny. This week I've totally reversed my opinion. Okay, not totally. But I was impressed that Alecia sat there in front of that MFing kindling for FIVE hours until she had a fire. While the men laid in the shelter the entire time (the Brawn men never seem to leave that place.) I think she showed that she can be self aware and try to improve upon her flaws, which is something. 

Jenny, OTOH, may not be a slouch herself, but her strategy is shite. She was a hot mess. Left, right, all over the place. It seems, to me, that she felt bad for Alecia and actually liked her, and was getting sick of Jason. (Cant' say I blame her.) So she had this impulsive moment of wanting to make Alecia happy and possibly turn the game around. Okay....but she handled it all wrong. She should have talked to Cydney first. Make sure she was on board. THEN approach Alecia. Then once you make a plan, stick to it. She was wavering and back tracking and flat out lying. And she's a horrible liar. I don't blame her tribemates at all for sending her home. She totally wrote her own ticket at Tribal. 

Brawn is just a mess in general, and the way they keep losing, I don't think losing the stronger woman will matter. For a Brawn tribe, the men sure are some lazy oafs. And I love how Alecia is running off to look for the idol and they're all laughing that she'd never find it, because she's so stupid. (I mean, she did make that embryo comment, right?) But why did no one think to get up and go look as well? Beat her to the punch. Anything is possible. I really wished she would have found it, just to prove them wrong. 

We didn't really see much of the other tribes tonight, so not a lot to comment on. Caleb and Tai are cute, but I'm going to need Caleb to quit wearing those bedazzled jeans. Especially during challenges. So ridiculous. I'm also going to need someone to make a GIF of him running through the water in them, because that was everything. 

I found it hilarious that Debbie was going on and on about how she knows what water is safe and what water isn't, because she's been analyzing water for decades. Ummm....wasn't she just charged/arrested/something for falsifying those results? Don't drink the water, brain!!!

But please do take a shot every time a new job is mentioned. Now she's a personal trainer! It just gets better and better. 

• Love 8
Last week I only disliked Neal. This week, I am also annoyed by Debbie, dislike Joe, and absolutely hate the dumbassed bounty hunter. Seriously, fuck that dude.

I hate him too. He's just the worst. What I hate most is his refusal to call Alecia anything other than "Blondie". It's not like this is a nickname she came into the game with - like Coach or Tarzan. It's so demeaning and dismissive. I want her to start calling him "Troll"" or something. 

I don't get why these people don't say "Okay, let's flip and get this guy out, but I'm going to pretend at tribal that I'm totally with them, ignore what I say there."

Right? Just because Probsts asks a question, doesn't mean you have to answer it completely truthfully. People need to learn the art of managing Tribal questions better. Because seriously. 

• Love 6

I think they are actually trying to kill these people.  The idol high in the tree --straight up, try not to fall guys!; the three hundred pound log; the extreme heat... Who the hell set this season up?  No wonder they're having multiple med-evacs.

Watching that TC was like watching someone's mind unravel right before our eyes. Jenny lost her damn mind.

Edited by Andyourlittledog2
  • Love 14

Joe, channeling his inner Rudy, and with backing by the 'water savant' declared their water safe to drink and Liz made the unreasonable request of boiling it before she drank it; which I guess it's "Kindergarten" to want safe water in his opinion.

I only wish Rudy were here! 

• Love 2

I have Khaleesi's commentary on my Note app, and I promise I'll get them up today.

First I have to visit Kyle's thread since he's the worst (no I won't call him Jason or "Sarg"- he can kiss my ass.)

• Love 6

I think it's true that most of the time people give up on the boiling and just drink the water and it's fine (Fishbach or someone admitted this in an interview, I think) but Liz is not crazy or ridiculous to be cautious, and two friends of mine recently came back from a tropical vacation with extremely violent illness probably from bad water.

I would be surprised if they don't make sure that the water provided to the tribes to drink is safe, although I suppose that it could be a Montezuma's revenge/Delhi belly type thing where it's perfectly safe to drink if you've been drinking it your whole life but not if you're used to the very clean water of the developed world.

• Love 1

Maybe the bug is still in Jenny's ear, controlling her actions. "Now get up on the log and beg." I do think Alecia would have been the right person to vote out last week, but this week she deserved to stay. She usually has a stupid look on her face, but she's not the one who turned into a ten-car pileup at TC. Also she never gave up on the fire. I think if Brawn loses again, she's out, which is a shame. I would laugh and laugh if she and Cydney were the last two standing from the the tribe.

Brains is reminding me of the Blue Collar tribe. They're doing well at the game, but they hate each other. I was almost kind of liking Debbie last week, but  I'm over it now. Even the edited version of her is annoying as fuck; living with her would be out of the question. Joe is more BB than Rudy, so I might be over him too. And Neal seems like a dick; also he looks like every confidential informant on NYPD Blue.

The Tai/Caleb bromance is cute. Caleb doesn't seem to mind the cuddling and Tai trying to Lady and the Tramp the fish, so although it seemed creepy in the previews, it's not coming across that way to me now. I don't watch BB, so I know not of Caleb, but here he seems pretty likable. So far, Beauty is my favorite tribe, and it helps that Nick wasn't allowed to speak this week.

I seriously despise Jason. I hate the way he talks, I hate the way he looks, I hate his ugly ass tattoos, I hate his attitude, I hate everything about him. I am still a bit surprised that "bounty hunting" is legal. Do they need to be licensed or certified by the police? Or are they just thugs who make money by catching petty criminals?

They're licensed by the state and are authorized by bail bondsmen to go after people who've jumped bail. They are basically thugs, though. I used to practice criminal law and whenever a defendant was brought into court by bounty hunters, they almost always had fresh bruises and were comically wearing a t-shirt advertising the bail bond company.

Edited by fishcakes
  • Love 15

Joe, despite extensive survival training in the military, can't build a fire with kerosene and MATCHES? Maybe he should have been a firefighter as it seems impossible for flames to exist in his presence. Philip may now be the 2nd most useless and eccentric Federal agent in Survivor history.

Joe is the anti-Rudy.  Making no attempt to fit in, his way or the highway.

Neal continues to stoke my dislike for him. He's clearly prejudiced against older people....you could see him lying the ground work to try and vote out Joe if they lost. He's a loser. Meanwhile I cheered Joe when he mocked Liz about the "pathogens" and she went all sulky. If I had to guess a woman with a body like that and looks to match probably is use to getting her own way and having the way greased for her so it;s no doubt a shock to encounter someone like Joe who is immune to her charms. Joe is absolutly a combination of Rudy and BB from the classic first season.

BB is the better comparison, Joe has nothing in common with Rudy other than being old.  Rudy recognized the need to fit in, BB (and Joe) feels a need to be in charge and dismissive of others because he's older and thus wiser and better.

And boiling water from a dubious source to make sure it's safe to drink is what is known as a common sense good idea.  Not being able to boil the water because some idiot used half the kerosene starting a fire and then left the kerosene container lying in such a way that it ate through the rubber stopper is being an idiot.

Huh. I didn't see Fauxbama's declarations about Debbie's cat ownership as about her age this time, but more that if you are looking at the stereotypical person who has 40 cats, she would be it, regardless how old she is. And I kinda can't argue with that.

Right, my take on it exactly. If Debbie was a 40 year old woman who acted in a rational manner then Fauxbama would not have accused her of being a crazy cat lady.  It's her completely irrational behavior that makes her a crazy cat lady.

• Love 5

Don't forget: this was filmed before Second Chances. :)

I wonder if the editors had to do a re-edit based on how Second Chances came out. I just noticed, there's more camp life stuff being shown (making fire, struggling with water, food, etc.), more than strategizing, at least compared to recent seasons that I remember.

God, I hope Alecia outlasts both of the meatheads on her tribe. Then we'll really see who is dumb and a ditz-and-half.

From now on, I'm refusing to call that meathead by his name. He can go by Fatty, since he doesn't think it's appropriate to call Blondie by her name anyway.

On Jenny - I haven't seen a spectacular blindside on one's self since Tyson at HvV. At least Tyson just got confused about the split. Jenny actually orchestrated the blindside by herself. Big move indeed.

Edited by slowpoked
  • Love 7

I found Joe's mockery of Liz using the word "pathogen" pretty horrible.  And odd for someone on the "brain" tribe.  Who has evidently had survival training.

As someone who has contracted cholera (yes, cholera) in Central America despite being very careful, I can say that I'm with Liz on this one.  It's amazing that, so far, the Beauty tribe is smarter than Brains and stronger than Brawn.

• Love 9