Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

On ‎9‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 0:31 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I hope Joy is just carrying big.  She's going to have too many babies as it is, without multiples.

If she is carrying twins, it will drive her older sisters mad with envy.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, realityfan26 said:

Not that it makes that big of a difference, but that's 15 weeks, not 14.

Girl would still be in her first trimester or barely out of it. That bump is crazy big and that is no food baby.

• Love 6

I carried really big and I had 10 pound babies.  I did NOT look like that at 15 weeks.  She looks really far along for what she claims. 

It's possible she  gained weight on top of a pregnancy and is really good at arching her back.  Plus the big boobies and that dress is an empire waist which can make anyone look 9 months pregnant.  But Dooblebug is so right.  Her uterus looks so high up! 

• Love 7

I hope nothing is wrong with the baby! I knew a girl who unfortunately did all kinds of recreational drugs, and kept constantly doing them until she found out she was pregnant (and everyone suspects occasionally after, though she denies it). Then she got HUGE, with way too much amniotic fluid, and the baby was born way prematurely with severe birth defects. The defects were caused by the drugs, but the fluid buildup may not have, as far as I know. Anyway, the baby was extremely unhealthy and early, and she looked huge early on! 

Edited by Christina87

Right. We've accounted for that, and figured out that if she conceived on her wedding night, due date is 2/16. However, we also have information from a Duggar intimate that she's due in late February, so add 10 days or thereabouts. 

17 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Right. We've accounted for that, and figured out that if she conceived on her wedding night, due date is 2/16. However, we also have information from a Duggar intimate that she's due in late February, so add 10 days or thereabouts. 

Assuming this is right. Who is "we" and where did  meet the Duggar intimate? Not to be difficult, but I tend to be skeptical about annonymous people on the internet. 

• Love 8

Someone upthread posted that her wedding was May 26th and the photo was taken September 8th. That's 15 weeks between potential conception and that bump... add two weeks between period and ovulation/sex and you get the possibility the bump at the wedding is a 17 week bump. 02/16 could be considered late February, or even if it's later in February, I'd guess 16 weeks. I don't think she's unreasonably big for 16 or 17 weeks, especially if she started eating a lot when she found out she was "eating for two" and not starving herself for her wedding anymore AND if she's doing the Duggar belly push out.

Edited by truebluesmoky
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Assuming this is right. Who is "we" and where did  meet the Duggar intimate? Not to be difficult, but I tend to be skeptical about annonymous people on the internet. 

Marci Dauer attends all of the Duggar weddings and afterparties. In the past, she posted HUNDREDS of pictures of the after parties on her FB. She's toned it down a couple notches, but she's tight with Mechelle (I think Dauer is in her mid 60's), so it makes sense that she'd have insider information. She's the platinum blonde with the shoulder-length hair.

https://www.facebook.com/monte.dauer/media_set?set=a.1300134920126954.1073741943.100003913743378&type=3&pnref=story

Edited by Sew Sumi

That bump is suspicious, but people do show differently. A little pre-marital sex wouldn't be the biggest hypocrisy for this family, though. But either the baby will be a full birth weight preemie or not. 

They can ignore internet speculation but when the tabloids all start reporting on it they're going feel the need to respond.

I saw speculation on mainstream entertainment media sites as soon as she announced her pregnancy. It's the fun of what the Duggar parents have done--made speculation about Joy-Anna's potential pre-marital sex acceptable for mass media.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Zuleikha said:

That bump is suspicious, but people do show differently. A little pre-marital sex wouldn't be the biggest hypocrisy for this family, though. But either the baby will be a full birth weight preemie or not. 

I saw speculation on mainstream entertainment media sites as soon as she announced her pregnancy. It's the fun of what the Duggar parents have done--made speculation about Joy-Anna's potential pre-marital sex acceptable for mass media.

I seem to recall tabloid speculation about pre-marital hanky panky and a possible pregnancy even before the wedding.  The tabloids are often wrong, but every now and then, they do hit on something.  It's not entirely impossible that this is one of those times.  It doesn't matter to most of us, but it is interesting to speculate.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I seem to recall tabloid speculation about pre-marital hanky panky and a possible pregnancy even before the wedding.  The tabloids are often wrong, but every now and then, they do hit on something.  It's not entirely impossible that this is one of those times.  It doesn't matter to most of us, but it is interesting to speculate.

Considering this family's track record, a premarital pregnancy is literally the LEAST scandalous thing that has come up so far.

I'm hoping it is true haha. How's that abstinence only edumacation working out for yas? Premarital sex is/ courtship is just another thing the Duggars are arrogant assholes about and I'd love to see them get knocked down a peg or two. 

• Love 15

Who's the doofus standing next to Joy in the above photo?

I'd actually think more of Austin & Joy if it turns out they did the deed pre-wedding.  Take that, Boob and MeChelle!  

Now, if they would only not have a zillion babies.  But they more than likely will, with sister-mom Jill delivering.  Scary.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Now, if they would only not have a zillion babies.  But they more than likely will, with sister-mom Jill delivering.  Scary.

If Joy attempts a homebirth and gets into trouble, she and Austin are living a long way from a hospital.  Both of her sisters ended up being transported to a hospital from their homebirths. 

• Love 3

In this day and age, is a 9lb preemie really rare?  A lady I work with just had a 13-lber at 39 weeks and 6 weeks prior to that, they were already telling her he was at least 9lb.  Seems like in the past few decades, babies are a lot bigger.  I was only 6lb 2 oz in 1973 and I was supposedly about a month late (yeah, right, mom).  I think there's something potent in the prenatal vitamins that didn't exist before.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

In this day and age, is a 9lb preemie really rare?  A lady I work with just had a 13-lber at 39 weeks and 6 weeks prior to that, they were already telling her he was at least 9lb.  Seems like in the past few decades, babies are a lot bigger.  I was only 6lb 2 oz in 1973 and I was supposedly about a month late (yeah, right, mom).  I think there's something potent in the prenatal vitamins that didn't exist before.

Smoking during pregnancy was also pretty common back then, which would account for smaller babies. Also, obesity and diabetes are more common now, which gives us a larger babies.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

Considering this family's track record, a premarital pregnancy is literally the LEAST scandalous thing that has come up so far.

Agreed, plus in this day and age an out of wedlock conception is not that uncommon. It's more the the mental image of Big Boob's head exploding when hearing the news that makes me giddy. 

Boob & Possumhead always 'claimed' each couple decided their own courtship rules. What if a couple decided premarital sex was a-ok? Or living together before marriage was ok? Boob, you're ok with that right? Because afterall, its the courting couple who decides these things? Yeah, right lol

Edited by lulu69
  • Love 21
4 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Deanna had a baby out of wedlock so if Joyless has a little hanky panky before getting married who cares!!

Bite your tongue!  Joy has a lesbian aunt, too, but but does that make it all right???!!??!!?? The BoobChelle offspring are far, far holier than their heathen aunts, dontcha know?

• Love 11
On 9/15/2017 at 6:24 PM, madpsych78 said:

tumblr_owbvamNJbj1r9t2zdo5_1280.png

Check out Joy (the one in glasses).

Quick question: What are they supposed to be doing in this picture? I just don't get Duggar Humor. And yes, looks like Jill is facing a cropped out Joshua for sure.

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Jill still looks pregnant. 

Sam was only 8 weeks old. It takes a while for your stomach to shrink after giving birth. I was in my maternity pants for over 3 months after I had my baby.

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

I don't think she's unreasonably big for 16 or 17 weeks, especially if she started eating a lot when she found out she was "eating for two" and not staring herself for her wedding anymore AND if she's doing the Duggar belly push out.

I was easily looking like that at 17 weeks.  I'm short waisted also and there was nowhere for things to go but up and out.  

• Love 8

The rumour  started pretty much with their wedding because they had put Joys's birthday as a decoy on the wedding registry  and then they got married in May . You had some blind items screaming shot gun  but the interval between engagement and wedding is average Duggar . 

• Love 1

I could see them pushing the "eating for two" thing BECAUSE she got knocked up before the wedding. In fact, I think that's exactly the route they would take! Their announcement was all about Joy and that bowl of ice cream. I bet they think people will say, "ohhhh, she's so big because she's eating sweets!" Then she will have a homebirth and they will wait to release pictures!

• Love 1
2 hours ago, TVwithTea said:

Quick question: What are they supposed to be doing in this picture? I just don't get Duggar Humor. And yes, looks like Jill is facing a cropped out Joshua for sure.

It's millenial thing. It's currently a trend. The last wedding I went to produced a picture like that. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Temperance said:

It's millennial thing. It's currently a trend. The last wedding I went to produced a picture like that. 

But what are they supposed to be doing other than looking weird or is that the point of it?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, TVwithTea said:

But what are they supposed to be doing other than looking weird or is that the point of it?

I think the point is to make for seemingly goofy pictures, as in look at us we are SO fun and original and quirky.

(P.S. I also happen to be a millenial but I swear we're not all like that.)

• Love 10
1 hour ago, TVwithTea said:

Yes, that is the point.  They're supposed to produce pictures with people looking "fun and animated", as opposed to daguerrotyped stiffs like the unsmiling pictures of our grandparents of yore.  Clearly some times there are hits and there are misses, specifically as many people aren't models or actors, and don't have practiced "photogenic looks" or "wacky faces easily recognizable as people trying to be wacky, as opposed to looking like they've just sat on a tack".  The photographer in my sister's wedding, some ten years ago at this point, had more than one exposure where he told us all to look daft in various ways.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 7

I was just trying to find the picture from Jessa's wedding in which Jessa and her sisters all acted "zany" in a shot. Jill looked batshit, arching her belly and eyes as big as saucers. Apologies for not being able to googlefu it up. 

13 hours ago, cdp73 said:

I can see what your saying with that. It's still a joke with my mom and I that I was 5 days late, she gained 79 pounds and I came out 18.5 inches and 6 pounds. She said she was pretty disappointed to know she had only 6 pounds of baby to account for the gain. Lol.

By comparison, one of my godbabies was born 5 years ago via c-section at 21.5 inches and 11 pounds. His poor mom (my best friend) was literally bursting at the seams when he was in there!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, queenanne said:

Yes, that is the point.  They're supposed to produce pictures with people looking "fun and animated", as opposed to daguerrotyped stiffs like the unsmiling pictures of our grandparents of yore.  Clearly some times there are hits and there are misses, specifically as many people aren't models or actors, and don't have practiced "photogenic looks" or "wacky faces easily recognizable as people trying to be wacky, as opposed to looking like they've just sat on a tack".  The photographer in my sister's wedding, some ten years ago at this point, had more than one exposure where he told us all to look daft in various ways.

I am older than God, and I like the idea of NOT posing like stiffs. I tend to dislike posed photos. 

• Love 4

I HATE how every time there's a group photo, they just "haaaaave" to do a "funny shot" because it's soooooo "hilarious!" Hardy har har. We had a big group picture made at work right before the school year started, and after a few serious ones, we had to take two different funny ones. Why exactly? Nobody was going to be purchasing these photos, and the posed one was just going up in the school somewhere. If no one's ever going to see it...why take it?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I must confess I have not seen the show, but I just saw a screencap from the gown shopping episode and the polka dot gown Joy tried on was absolutely gorgeous on her.  Why did she not pick it? 

A million times better than her pick and it fit her perfectly.  

Joy_Dresses10.png

I agree. This one was nice, modern and youthful for a young bride. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Why did she not pick it? 

A million times better than her pick and it fit her perfectly.  

Joy_Dresses10.png

Honestly, I'm mourning the fact that Joy did not choose this dress. It just seems much more cohesive and flattering. (Bonus: it satisfies Duggar modesty standards without alterations!) I tend to think of her actual dress as a lesser version of Jinger's dress. This dress just suits Joy; it is youthful yet sophisticated and truly lets her shine through. Here, she is wearing the dress, rather than the dress wearing her.

• Love 18