Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

So the reason the Duggars supposedly don't like Austin is that "He was more of a rebel child" and supposedly Anna, who is married to a child molester, is "disappointed in his character.”  If this is true, I'm going to guess it means that he hasn't completely drunk the Duggar kool-aid and it makes me like Austin more. 

• Love 18
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

This means they were courting longer than we thought. The public time line is that their courtship started around Jinger's wedding- but that was the beginning of Nov. 

I don't think Austin would be allowed to send her flowers during the "getting to know you" period. Perhaps come to the house and have a meal or hang out but no big displays of affection like that. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 3

Nah, they would have been "getting to know you" at this point. No one knows for sure when they started courting, but I suspect it was around the holidays. 

But now we know why Joy chose orange as her primary wedding color. This was likely her very first bouquet.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 10

Eh, she's only wearing it b/c if where UT is, not that she aspires to go there. She also has an Austin tee shirt that she cryptically wore before anything was announced. I remember we tried to decode it, most thinking it had to do with Jinger.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I can't believe I got a doctor to comment on the bump. Enough already.

Joy should know that if you want to look smart  and age-appropriate, you should wear glasses, not a college hat.

You mean like this? ;)

Jana%252C+Jinger%252C+Joy%252C+Ben+Thank7b9716cab3a4d90bddb19fc02909306c--joy-an

• Love 3
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I can't believe I got a doctor to comment on the bump. Enough already.

Joy should know that if you want to look smart  and age-appropriate, you should wear glasses, not a college hat.

I think the college hat is more special because there is a chance that she could someday need glasses, but there is no chance that she will ever get to go to college. This is the closest she will ever get. 

Eta: never mind. Apparently she already wears glasses.  She does look smarter, until she opens her mouth.

Edited by EVS
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

It sounds like his brother was an adult at the time, Austin wasn't.  It also sounds like his brother was seriously mentally ill and suicidal.  I don't see how this should even be relevant nor do I see how it should affect the perception of Austin or his family.

Disclaimer: I have a bipolar brother with a record of auto theft, breaking and entering (multiple), and felony stalking.  All incidents occurred while he was floridly manic and, for the last one, he spent almost 7 years in a forensic mental health facility.  He's got an illness, he commits crimes when he is sick.  That's life.

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that a kid tethered to home and featured in 'Worlds Strictest Parents' could get up to much that's scandalous, unless Austin snuck out when people were occupied with the brother.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

Yeah, I find it hard to believe that a kid tethered to home and featured in 'Worlds Strictest Parents' could get up to much that's scandalous, unless Austin snuck out when people were occupied with the brother.

Or that might be why they became the world's strictest parents.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

The Duggars are so stupid that they think Mensa pertains to a woman's monthly cycle.

And they probably think that when Mensa doesn't show up, another blessing it on the way.

• Love 7

It's a bit of a drive, on the far east border of Fayetteville and a town called Elkins. The house isn't really close to anything, really. As I noted on the episode thread is only in his name (although he said "we" bought it... maybe her cash?)  and needed a TON of work. They didn't even show the worst of it. 

• Love 2
On 9/5/2017 at 11:57 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

Ouch. My cookie hurts trying to imagine 11 lbs.

It really wasn't that bad.  Of course labor hurt, but not more than usual. Not to get too detailed, but no stitches or anything. On the other hand, I know women who had 4th degree tears with 7 lb babies. In my case, I think I was fortunate to be working with a great team of midwives who understand how to deliver babies without hurting the mom or the infant.

I hope Joy has a good provider to work with her pregnancy, especially if she has a large baby. 

• Love 1
On 9/7/2017 at 10:21 AM, MunichNark said:

Oh dear. But this was 7 years ago and is not his fault. Those are the moments where I  really feel for "celebs", bet they A or ZZZ list. Having one's life dug up is not pleasant

And worse for the guy who has nothing to do with the celebs but, because somebody he's related to married one of the celebs, gets his mental-health issues dredged up years after an incident and portrayed as some sort of sleazy scandal by the truly sleazy party -- Radar Online. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 6

I see Joy is wearing glasses more often now. I had to switch from contacts to glasses when I was pregnant. My body chemistry changed somehow, and dried out my eyes so much that wearing my contacts was unbearable.

Maybe the same thing happened to Joy. Or..now she's married and her husband doesn't mind them.

I used to hear "boys won't make passes at girls who wear glasses" from my own mother.

Maybe there's an anti-glasses bias in their family..ie..girls aren't as pretty wearing them.

Do any of you remember any of the girls wearing glasses all the time??

aad4730e-e4b4-4f78-80d5-a2cd93fd6164.thumb.jpg.60d3cae45a2dce8370d2348c4929ae91.jpg

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 4

@ChiCricket, the same thing happened to my sister when she was pregnant.  She had gotten contacts in high school, but after her first baby, it was glasses again from then on.

Myself, once I needed glasses, that was it.  I was somehow squeamish when it came to putting things on my eyeballs.

I think Joy looks good in them.  I look at new glasses now, and think most of the frames are great for young people.  We old ladies have to be more selective :)

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I thought Jenni was the younger girl who got glasses, but maybe I'm wrong. Or maybe it's both her and Johannah.

It totally could be. I could totally be wrong. I know theres a younger girl there somewhere, though. (can you blame me for getting confused?) I like Joy's, though, I think. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jenni did get glasses but I've never seen her wear them.

Seems like there was a whole segment on Jenni getting the glasses and then another segment when she "lost" them. So I think there is definitely a Duggar thing against wearing glasses, especially the girls. Maybe glasses don't enhance your countenance.

• Love 6
On 8/31/2017 at 6:40 PM, floridamom said:

Sorry, don't know where quote came from.

This is from previous picture, where they are sitting.

Is that Joshley on the far end? He's huge, looks like a football player.  What Duggar girl is in the front center? Mack, Jordyn?  No matter who it is, couldn't they have thrown a pair of shoes on her for a somewhat formal photo? Or does she have them on & my old eyes can't tell?  Poor Josie, it sure looks like she has boats for feet.  Hopefully it's just the angle. It also looks like middle front girl has leggings on.  What is it with this family & footwear & leggings? (I know answer, no need to reply.)

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 1

Who is the "hussy" with her arm on Jed? I know I'm 12 because Joy's baby bump that close to that guy's crotch. Even funnier because Joshley, Bin, and Derelict made a big deal out of prying their women from their groomsman on previous weddings. Cro magnon style.

Looks like they croppped him out on the far right. Apparently, he was partnered with Jill who is last in line. It's an obvious crop; why else would Jill not be facing the bride and groom on the far end of a shot?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

I think that the photograph is cropped. There's ten bridesmaids/groomsmen on one side and then only five people on the other. JoHannah and Trace Bates aren't in the photograph either and they are in the wedding party. IDK if Josh was a groomsman or usher. He did get to have a blue suit so he may be slithering his way back.

• Love 1

I can't believe Jessa wore the brown sandals, AGAIN, with the money they have!  

Dislike the bridesmaids dresses. Joy looks about 5 months along :/

im worried that Jessa seems to be hiding her belly. Hopefully just for vanity's sake...

• Love 13
11 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

She didn't announce a due date. But it looks like she got knocked up even quicker than Jilly Muffin. If so, she could be due as early as mid-February. 

So she'd be four months along?  To me, she looks more like seven months.  Maybe it's the angle. :/

• Love 6