Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Y'all, my belly is bigger than that and I'm not even knocked up.

A lot of women who I know, who are stacked like Joy, have soft middles/bellies.  Unless you really work out, a super curvy girl like Joy will have a soft belly. That + being preggers, she's going to look big.  How big any other woman was with her pregnancies is ZERO indication of how far along Joy is. I know women of all different shapes and sizes and EVERYONE carries different. I'd lay down cash that Joy will have her baby 40 weeks or more after her wedding.

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 20

What I don't understand is why this is "big news".  For several days now Joy's pregnancy has been on the front page of Yahoo and covered by numerous sources. 

How does this uneducated breeding clan stay relevant when it is the same thing over and over - courting, marriage and pregnancy, rinse and repeat. For forum members here this is news because it is so snark worthy, but who else is interested?

I wish all the attention they get would just go away and any reality show money would disappear. If they are so special they will be just fine. Perhaps the overbreeding will catch up with them when Boob has a hundred dependents and no fame.

Edited by whydoiwatch
spelling error
  • Love 12

Do they even use the word "pregnant?" Maybe, now days, but, for years they only referred to it as expecting or blessed. lol  All that time, I thought they thought it was due to thinking that pregnant was too vulgar....but, maybe, they just didn't know about it it or it was too technical.  lol 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Part of what I do for a living is have clients reflect on repeated messages they've heard and/or said to themselves. We talk about recognizing both implicit and explicit messages. Then we work on undoing maladaptive and negative messages.

When I think of the Duggar children, Joy and Jinger included, I wonder what their inner voice is telling them. Is Joy outwardly thrilled and inwardly saying, "Oh fuck what have I done?" and is Jinger saying, "Am I going to hell if I don't produce a blessed army?"

It takes a lot of work to undo years of thinking and behaving in certain ways and even more so with the fear of God looming over you. So I'm wondering who is more comfortable in their own skin right now, Joy or Jinger? (keeping in mind we really don't know why Jing isn't pregnant yet)

This seems incredibly realistic. 

44 minutes ago, whydoiwatch said:

What I don't understand is why this is "big news".  For several days now Joy's pregnancy has been on the front page of Yahoo and covered by numerous sources. 

It might be a big story in pop culture so if you go to entertainment page it's the first story. It might be the internet knows what you like. So if you hang out here,  watch videos, read articles and click links about the Duggars, and this news story seems the most interesting to you out of all the things happening in the world.  If it's really big in the world, it's because people need a distraction right now for some reason or other. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3
12 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Why announce the week of KendullJoe's wedding?

Why do they always have to steal the thunder from each other?

They had to announce to deflect from Derelict's antics. The date of the JoKen wedding is still a state secret, so they couldn't use that distraction.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Hey, they just managed to record five or six whole sentences with ZERO Duggar cliches or Godspeak. No blessings, no gift from the Lord, no season of life...

They are so going to hell.

They did pretty well, but I think "We are so excited for you guys" is on its way to becoming a Duggar cliche. 

19 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

Pastor Volvo:    ___________and __________, we are so excited for you guys and looking forward to meeting the new little one on the way and couldn't be happier.

Jinge: Yes, ____________ and _____________, we just cannot wait to meet this little one. Jeremy and I are super excited for both of you guys and we love and miss you all.

The script for that clip can be used for any upcoming baby for any of the marrieds. Even a puppy or pony.

Very efficient, if they just shoot their scripted heartfelt messages all at once subbing the names Jess and Bin, Jill and Derelict, Joe and Kendrab and then they can get on with their life...

Don't they have Duggar Studios? They can just record one, and Josiah can just edit in new names as required. 

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Obsidian said:

They did pretty well, but I think "We are so excited for you guys" is on its way to becoming a Duggar cliche. 

Don't they have Duggar Studios? They can just record one, and Josiah can just edit in new names as required. 

Wouldn't it be great if one of them made a video with just  a string of Duggarisms?

"So precious, Season of Life! The Lort, walking through, blessings. Sweet friends, doing things a little different, such an encouragement! So happy, y'all." 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Thanks...we are all thrilled In my daughter's case, she is 30 and has been married for almost 6 years. She was waiting pretty much until she turned 30 and finished her master's degree, which happened the same week...and two weeks after that she told us she was pregnant, so it must not have taken much "trying" LOL

Sounds like me, in a way.  I was a teenage bride (18) but still wanted to wait on kids until we both had jobs, finished college, and bought a house.  So I was 28.  It only took 1 month off birth control for me to get pregnant.  When it's right, it's right :)

Congrats.  I love your user name, BTW.  

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

That's because the dog breeder cares about the quality, rather than the quantity, of the offspring. 

The Duggars are obviously the "puppy mill" of families: "To hell with quality; as long as the mate is the right type, keep the female perpetually pregnant to maximize profits."

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Why announce the week of KendullJoe's wedding?

Why do they always have to steal the thunder from each other?

Joy should have waited until Joe and Kendra's wedding and announced there. A "you proposed at my wedding, I announce my baby at yours" kind of thing.

• Love 17
23 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Didn't JoeKen get engaged at Joy & Austin's wedding? Payback's a bitch.

Somebody's going to bang a bridesmaid one of these things someday. Just to beat the bride and groom to the babymaking.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Wouldn't it be great if one of them made a video with just  a string of Duggarisms?

"So precious, Season of Life! The Lort, walking through, blessings. Sweet friends, doing things a little different, such an encouragement! So happy, y'all." 

"A Servant's Heart!" "A Heart For Missions!!!" "A Ministry Mindset"!" God Laid it on My Heart!!!". "Satan Built a Fortress Around My Heart!" "Giving Away Pieces of My HEART!"

• Love 11
30 minutes ago, louannems said:

"A Servant's Heart!" "A Heart For Missions!!!" "A Ministry Mindset"!" God Laid it on My Heart!!!". "Satan Built a Fortress Around My Heart!" "Giving Away Pieces of My HEART!"

Inappropriate touching over modest dress to steal a piece of my heart while buying used and saving the Catholics. 

I'm pretty sure they'll have an AI writing these things soon. 

• Love 17
44 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Inappropriate touching over modest dress to steal a piece of my heart while buying used and saving the Catholics. 

Ok, somewhere on these boards we need to have a thread titled "Buy Used, Save the Catholics." Lolz!

• Love 24

I knew it was too much to hope that Joy and Austin would wait---he is as brainwashed as she is, but I do hope she can avoid a Jill-like life. He seems okay enough, hopefully she's not having her laundry room moment a year from now. Poor girl---she doesn't even realize the life she could be having if she wasn't born to these two idiots. 

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I knew it was too much to hope that Joy and Austin would wait---he is as brainwashed as she is, but I do hope she can avoid a Jill-like life. He seems okay enough, hopefully she's not having her laundry room moment a year from now. Poor girl---she doesn't even realize the life she could be having if she wasn't born to these two idiots. 

Now we have to give the MOTY a LITTLE credit, she was on child 7 before she had her breakdown! Being a lesser imitation of the original Joy may hold out until child 3. #EndofSarcasm 

In all seriousness at least Austin appears to be a hard worker and they LIKE each other. Unlike Ben (who I think is pleasant enough but living off the teat) or Derrick who seems like a killjoy.

Joy doesn't know what she's missing and she never seems to have thought of anything else. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

I hope at least she breast feeds for longer than 6 months like Michelle.

I know it doesn't work for everyone, but I never got pregnant while breastfeeding (back in the olden days when I was a practicing Catholic.) 

• Love 1

Whether shooting blanks or unable to bear children, the non Dugg will be blamed for their childless situation because it CAN'T be a Dugg problem...fertility is what they do as a family business.

What is inconceivable to the Dugg think tank( yes, you should have read the bold words with dripping sarcasm)  is purposefully delaying or preventing pregnancy...

The show's residents of Laredo use distance to  their advantage.

Jinge can't stop her stupid parents from badgering her but she can tell her sisters to stop.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, lianau said:

It's interesting they don't use the term "grandchild" but prefer the suffix "baby".

I use the term "grandbabies" when talking about mine. I have 9, from ages 2 to 10 and when they tell me they're not babies, I just smother them with kisses and tell them they're the greatest grandbabies in the whole wide world. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I use the term "grandbabies" when talking about mine. I have 9, from ages 2 to 10 and when they tell me they're not babies, I just smother them with kisses and tell them they're the greatest grandbabies in the whole wide world. 

So I guess your use of the term "baby" involves its meaning as an endearment. 
Whereas JB and M's use of "baby" involves its (pretty  much entirely Duggar-invented) meaning as "thing that I created all by my ownself and that exists solely for my personal aggrandizement."   ;  )

• Love 14
24 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Now, here's what you're doing wrong, you're not only acknowledging that kids over 6 months old exist, you are actually showing them love and affection!  JB and M have no interest in their OWN children after 6 months of age except as another arrow in the quiver and they most certainly can't be bothered to do differently with their grandkids.  As for 'smothering with kisses', puh-leez!  They're too busy dry humping on the golf course with each other and bragging about their sex lives; they aren't going to be hugging and kissing kids, too!

• Love 17

I saw the picture on Joy's Instagram where she's turned to the side in her bathroom, and wow, that's the biggest "three month" baby bump I've ever seen in my life. Up close, she's still quite thin, except for her boobs, so I'm not sure weight gain is responsible for her showing like that. 

• Love 3

Congratulations to Jinger and Jeremy for (what appears to be) waiting and enjoying their time together.

Poor Joy. Any progression in her life is basically done. Sorry to be pessimistic, but this girl is now in for a life of giving birth because it's clear she won't ever have the mental strength to walk away from it.

• Love 15
13 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Yes, I see Marjorie and Carlin posting pictures at college and having fun with friends, while Joy was being forced into this life. She's so brainwashed she never developed the brain power to have a hobby, like Jill with the midwifery or ask her parents to go to college. Boob and Bitch wanted the girls laying like lumps at home and doing their work until a suitor came along. Maybe if they were allowed out they would have already met a "godly man" they were interested in. I think that's why Kelly encouraged her girls to go to school because she knew it was a good way for them to meet suitable guys, while getting a degree. 

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, DoctorWhovian said:

Poor Joy. Any progression in her life is basically done. Sorry to be pessimistic, but this girl is now in for a life of giving birth because it's clear she won't ever have the mental strength to walk away from it.

This is goal she was raised to pursue, so she may end up happy with her life. Austin seems to love her and has an actual job that has the potential to support her and their large future family and I think that is going to be the difference between being happy with her life or checking out like Jill seems to have done.

• Love 7

I usually scoff at most of the crazy theories surrounding this family, but the fact that Joy and Austin moved up their wedding by six months, and she is already as big as a house?  Suspect. But they also seem like unlikely candidates to break the premarital sex rule. It's just sad that Joy is stuck in this life forever.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Nysha said:

This is goal she was raised to pursue, so she may end up happy with her life. Austin seems to love her and has an actual job that has the potential to support her and their large future family and I think that is going to be the difference between being happy with her life or checking out like Jill seems to have done.

My uninformed guess about Jill's collapse is that the wholly unexpected clash between her missionary dream and reality, combined with some PPD, probably was a major cause. And I really hate to say this about any young woman, but that suggests that Joy's apparent lack of any such dream may be a saving grace for her. .... Plus the fact that, unlike Jill, she's never been a favored Duggar child who got the message that she was special somehow.

That's depressing, but there it is. She doesn't appear to have many expectations that won't be fulfilled. Or at least we haven't heard about them. So I expect that will help her in the end. ....

Even Meechelle had expectations that to some extent undid her, I think. She had a long fall from the sought-after cheerleader to that laundry room. And expecting to be a cutesy, socializing bundle all her life couldn't have helped her much. 

For Joy, seems like it is what it is. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
14 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Now we have to give the MOTY a LITTLE credit, she was on child 7 before she had her breakdown! Being a lesser imitation of the original Joy may hold out until child 3. #EndofSarcasm 

In all seriousness at least Austin appears to be a hard worker and they LIKE each other. Unlike Ben (who I think is pleasant enough but living off the teat) or Derrick who seems like a killjoy.

Joy doesn't know what she's missing and she never seems to have thought of anything else. 

And a person with a functioning brain would have stopped at 7 kids . Instead mommy dearest popped out 12 more blessings and outsourced the work  after 6 months.

• Love 16
16 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Yes, they did.  But apparently Joy and Austin were in on it and Joe had asked permission.

Would Joy have even considered saying no to the question? Doubtful, no matter what her true feelings were. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

but the fact that Joy and Austin moved up their wedding by six months,

They really didn't.  They changed the date on the registry to her birthday so the general public wouldn't know their actual wedding date.  Jinger and Joy (or TLC) didn't want paparazzi and gate crashers at their weddings.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

My uninformed guess about Jill's collapse is that the wholly unexpected clash between her missionary dream and reality, combined with some PPD, probably was a major cause. And I really hate to say this about any young woman, but that suggests that Joy's apparent lack of any such dream may be a saving grace for her. .... Plus the fact that, unlike Jill, she's never been a favored Duggar child who got the message that she was special somehow.

That's depressing, but there it is. She doesn't appear to have many expectations that won't be fulfilled. Or at least we haven't heard about them. So I expect that will help her in the end. ....

Even Meechelle had expectations that to some extent undid her, I think. She had a long fall from the sought-after cheerleader to that laundry room. And expecting to be a cutesy, socializing bundle all her life couldn't have helped her much. 

For Joy, seems like it is what it is. 

and she can play with the boys again or at least one of them...

• Love 4

Didn't Joy say during the Q&A with Daphne Oz that she wanted to have her kids in a hospital rather than at home?  When they showed Henry's birth, she didn't seem to be all gaga about home births.  But maybe I'm thinking of Jinger.