Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Speaking of dresses, how in the world do they get them ordered and altered in the course of 2-3 months?  

My daughter got married in April 2016.  She bought her dress in May 2015.  It arrived at the shop in late January 2016, and she had multiple fittings over the next couple of months.  

Do they buy the floor models?  The hasty alterations certainly show in the fit.  Only Jinger's dress fit her perfectly.

And looking at the photo again, is the dress a pale, pale, blue?  Maybe that is why she didn't pick it.  

Edited by 3 is enough
12 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

And looking at the photo again, is the dress a pale, pale, blue?  Maybe that is why she didn't pick it.  

It looks white  to me.

I'm amused by Jordyn's (I think it's Jordyn) complete disinterest in the background. Poor kid.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

I must confess I have not seen the show, but I just saw a screencap from the gown shopping episode and the polka dot gown Joy tried on was absolutely gorgeous on her.  Why did she not pick it? 

A million times better than her pick and it fit her perfectly.  

Joy_Dresses10.png

She looks beautiful.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Speaking of dresses, how in the world do they get them ordered and altered in the course of 2-3 months?  

My daughter got married in April 2016.  She bought her dress in May 2015.  It arrived at the shop in late January 2016, and she had multiple fittings over the next couple of months.  

Do they buy the floor models?  The hasty alterations certainly show in the fit.  Only Jinger's dress fit her perfectly.

I wonder if they pay for them at all? Renee got a lot of free publicity. Maybe she said that she had some samples in the shop that Joy could pick from gratis. Joy was so disinterested she probably wouldn't have cared. Michelle got that hideous vow renewal dress at Kleinfelds, and I think I read that it was comped. Kleinfeld's got an episode of SYTTD out of it and lots of publicity. Remember, the Duggars don't do anything without getting something in return..

• Love 5
21 hours ago, SnarkyShark said:

Honestly, I'm mourning the fact that Joy did not choose this dress. It just seems much more cohesive and flattering. (Bonus: it satisfies Duggar modesty standards without alterations!) I tend to think of her actual dress as a lesser version of Jinger's dress. This dress just suits Joy; it is youthful yet sophisticated and truly lets her shine through. Here, she is wearing the dress, rather than the dress wearing her.

I agree 100% with everything you said!!! I also feel like the sleeves are appropriate for a may wedding, where the dress she picked looked so wintry. I wonder if she was like, "eh, you pick, Jessa." I seriously wonder how she didn't end up with this dress!

• Love 5
On 9/17/2017 at 7:49 PM, Marigold said:

I carried really big and I had 10 pound babies.  I did NOT look like that at 15 weeks.  She looks really far along for what she claims. 

I checked Google Images for pictures of women who were 15 weeks pregnant. They ranged from looking like Joy to looking as if they weren't pregnant at all.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, ariel said:

What a sad little engagement ring she has. I do hope it was her choice & she's happy with it.

I think it was a family heirloom from Austin's side. It's actually better than the piece of crap Bin gave Jessa. The setting on that ring was so flimsy I'm surprised the diamond didn't pop out. 

• Love 2
On 9/27/2017 at 3:18 AM, ginger90 said:

Not recent, but here you go

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYoNdG9Hwbr/

Just so you know, that's a fake account. The owner won't even allow replies to keep up the pretense that it's real. They only have a lame joint account. This account fails the Duggar Smell Test: no Duggar follows it or the fake one they also set up for Austin. I think they set up fake twitters, too. I did the right thing and alerted the Forsyths, since only the person being impersonated can report the fakes. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

Both Jessa and Joy look smaller on the stage.  The lighting is so bad, I had to look twice to recognize Austin's sister whose hair looked brighter red at the wedding. I think it's the lighting; several people I know have the same color and it looks a lot more red depending on the lights. I think it is her natural color (like the people I know). 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

Not that she ever wears anything else, but Jessa is sporting her brown sandals.

I don't think those are shoes.  I think she's had something that looks like shoes tattooed on her feet.

• Love 17

As someone with several pairs of shoes but pretty much only wears one or two of them for regular every day wear until they're practically falling apart (I also do this with jeans), I relate to Jessa's seeming refusal to branch out, but damn it if I'm not still annoyed. She wears those sandals for every occasion and they look awful. 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

As someone with several pairs of shoes but pretty much only wears one or two of them for regular every day wear until they're practically falling apart (I also do this with jeans), I relate to Jessa's seeming refusal to branch out, but damn it if I'm not still annoyed. She wears those sandals for every occasion and they look awful. 

Oh, I'm the same way with shoes! The sandals that I more or less lived in for the past 3 seasons just started falling apart, and because I'm too cheap to buy a new pair this late in the season, I looked in the depths of the spare room closet where I thought there might have been some random old shoes, and found an almost new pair which I'd forgotten about...not sure why I stopped wearing them, but they are actually quite comfortable. I feel as though I just won the lottery!

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Oh, I'm the same way with shoes! The sandals that I more or less lived in for the past 3 seasons just started falling apart, and because I'm too cheap to buy a new pair this late in the season, I looked in the depths of the spare room closet where I thought there might have been some random old shoes, and found an almost new pair which I'd forgotten about...not sure why I stopped wearing them, but they are actually quite comfortable. I feel as though I just won the lottery!

The ridiculous part is that when my current favorite pair dies, instead of wearing something else from my closet, I...go shopping for another everyday pair. I really need to buy 2 or more of a pair I like when I find them to avoid the hassle.

If Jessa didn't wear those sandals at weddings...AS A BRIDESMAID!...I'd actually like them. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I'm like that as well. Unlike Jessa though, I doubt you give godly conferences about how fashionable you are (I know I don't :P ).

Bolding mine - literally how I feel every time I see them in a new photo. FREE THE SANDALS!

• Love 7
8 hours ago, whydoiwatch said:

I hope she has a Viking funeral for those fugly sandals.

8 hours ago, luvbadtv said:

Even Joy is wearing new sandals.

Damn, Joy is actually wearing shoes! I guess seeing her grubby bare feet on teevee made her realize just how gross that is.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I hope she has a Viking funeral for those fugly sandals.

OOOOoooo @Arwen Evenstar I have a suggestion to offer to enhance the funeral of Jessa's sandals ;) I remember an episode of What Not to Wear with a contributor who had a sizable collection of cheap flip flops and awful sandals. Rather than throwing them in the trash can like normal, the hosts Stacy and Clinton ground them up in a wood chipper. I bet we could rent one to and use it to dutifully lay Jessa's tragic sandals to rest. I'll gladly bring my safety glasses so this can be a proper burial.

self-feeding+wood+chipper+16.5_l.jpg

Edited by SnarkyShark
Found a picture to illustrate my point.
  • Love 11
On 9/29/2017 at 4:09 PM, whydoiwatch said:

She probably has a storage container full of them at this point. I refuse to believe she only has one pair.

• Love 2
On 9/29/2017 at 10:59 PM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I have tricky lousy feet, and have had them all my life basically (not that I knew any better for the first 20 or so years of my life; I simply assumed that everyone's feet hurt like hell after dismounting ponies and standing for hours for general admission concerts and trips to theme parks, etc).  Turns out I've in fact got high rigid arches (high arches can be OK, but are more likely to be hell if they're rigid instead of flexible); and more trouble than quite a few other people my age.  I've also learned from many months of physio that everyone is different.  People can have the same conditions as I, with either concomitant pain or no pain; and they can have pain or no pain after being either active athletes or couch potatoes.    Maybe the years of flipflops have rendered some Duggar females with such foreshortened tendons they can't wear heels for any length of time.

• Love 5

If she really is only 18 weeks pregnant, she is big very early, especially since this is her first baby.  I know that everyone carries differently, but I didn't look like that until I was about 7 months pregnant.

• Love 3
On 9/16/2017 at 9:49 AM, LilJen said:

And in true Duggar fashion, Joy HAS to hold the bump to show "hey, it's a bump! I'm having a baby because I HAD SEX!"

On 9/16/2017 at 5:51 PM, madpsych78 said:

21743812_1346404215458384_86512629089572

Here's a closer picture, and it doesn't look like Mrs. Caldwell has a V-neck, although I just noticed that it does appear that Jinger's dress has a somewhat different texture than Mrs. Caldwell or Lauren's dresses.

Then Joy would be roughly 4 months along. 

In comparison, Jessa at that same point (with Spurgeon, at 16 weeks):

16+weeks+pregnant.jpg

I couldn't find one of Jill at 16 weeks, but here is Jill at 19 weeks with Israel, so hypothetically further along than Joy is now, but looks to be about the same size as Joy IMO:

bf2085e555d62955787458dace901ebc.jpg

Where is Jessa in that top one?

On 9/17/2017 at 0:49 AM, lascuba said:

Where there's a will (to fuck), there's a way. Though I do doubt they had sex before marriage, the main reason I don't think Joy is further along than her wedding date implies is that a pre-wedding conception is something both their families would milk for anti-choice points. They made a mistake, but remember, they never said they were perfect! And now they'll do the godly thing and be honest and get married and have the baby. 

Plus, it's such a stupid thing for them to lie about. She's barely sentient but even Joy knows the public is going to be on them about this. Lie--even if just by omission--about how far along she is, and people are going to snigger about the 10 pound 34 weeker. They could put off announcing the birth--the Duggars are good at keeping secrets when they really want to--and never state the birthdate, but how long can they pull that off? 

No way. Admit she defied them? That she wasn't "pure?" I doubt it. I'd sooner believe that she never told them, if she was knocked up.

18 hours ago, Lunera said:

Joy and Austyn using their pregnancy as a anti abortion ad. He has such a punchable face.

What does that little sign say? And...is that a tube of Preparation H? HA!

• Love 2