Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I don't know.  Joy looks like my SIL who gained about 90 pounds in her pregnancy and had her nearly 12 pound son by C-section.  

Good lord! Did she have gestational diabetes? 

• Love 2

Joy looks on target.  Her belly is just barely past her boobs.  She probably had no abdominal muscles to hold everything back and she’s carrying very forward.  I have similar size boobs, and carrying shape, and when I was nine months pregnant I was NINE MONTHS PREGNANT.  My belly swallowed zip codes at that point.  It would trumpet its arrival into every room.

• Love 11

My oldest was due on Feb 13th. We conceived in late May, but official conception date was May 9th. That coincidently was a last day of our honeymoon.  We wasted no time, but we were also in our 30s with careers and multiple degrees who had lived away from home for years.  Not these babies 

• Love 7
22 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Good lord! Did she have gestational diabetes? 

No, just spoiled, stubborn, and no self-control.  She couldn't be bothered to listen to anyone who told her she was eating too much.  Hm, does that sound a little Duggarish?

• Love 9

Well, Joy is very immature and very young. She would eat whatever and not listen to anyone. I used to like Joy but I see her as rather stubborn and spoiled after an entire season of her close up. 

Maybe she is just chowing down? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, awaken said:

Of course, cradling the belly. And Jill with the eyebrow pop for the photo. Woohoo, you're walking and listening to a sermon!  That is a hideous bow on the pink shirt. 

I feel Jill should get props for daring to branch out into an eye-trap on her shirt, unfortunate though it is (I'd like it more if it were free-floating and not stuck on).  Baby steps.

• Love 5

Maybe like Volderjosh Joy is finally eating what she wants when she wants. I think Jill and Jessa did the same but to a lesser extent. Imagine living your entire life eating your allotted portion. Then you get married and not only have sex but get to control your food consumption. Individuals, even in the Duggar herd, react differently to freedom. I am not an expert, but it seems Joy went the Volderjosh route. I do not recall the other I’m pregonant announcements. But did Anna, Jill and Jessa announced with an eating for two ice cream sundae? Not shaming here, but these kidults have serious food deprivation issues. While their gutless headship spent 250,000 on a failed senate run. I’d eat myself into my 600 pound life.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, SMama said:

While their gutless headship spent 250,000 on a failed senate run. I’d eat myself into my 600 pound life.

That might be a good idea for Joy, so she could segue directly into another reality show. ?

Edited by Genevrier
Because pronouns
  • Love 9

To me, Joy's face and neck still look slim.  She also still has her pointy chin.  Her added girth seem all baby to me!

Out of all the older Duggar daughters, Joy seemed the most physically fit.  Remember how she loved pushing that truck uphill, when Ben was her "personal trainer"?  

She started this pregnancy with a firm, flat belly.  A five and a half pregnant belly on a 5th time mom, sure.  But a fit, first time mom?

• Love 6

No I don't think she had a "firm, flat" stomach. With the food they eat? Jessa enjoyed the pushing the truck exercise too, but I doubt they work out that way all the time.

They also wear baggy clothes, and undershirts all the time. It would be hard to tell what their stomachs look like. Especially since a lot of undershirts/cami have a slimming effect on that area of the body.  When she was a little younger, she was really curvy and had a fuller figure and there was speculation they would want her to lose weight, even though she looked fine to me. 

(No judgment) Joy was the least slim of her sisters. One of my friends was the heaviest of her sisters and it led her to become obsessed with diet and exercise, because it led her to be self-conscious of her appearance. 

Edited by Temperance
to be more body positive
  • Love 7
15 hours ago, Lunera said:

I think it's her boobs making her look extra huge. I can't even imagine how her body will look like in 4 months. 

Seriously, what is going on with her boobs? Bigger is expected, but hers have morphed into a whole new being on the front of her body. It's like they've dropped a foot. 

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Seriously, what is going on with her boobs? Bigger is expected, but hers have morphed into a whole new being on the front of her body. It's like they've dropped a foot. 

Huge boobs was how my mom knew I was pregnant (at 16 yo!)  But, it's also the place I gained the most weight in when I gained a large amount of weight years later (lucky me.)

So, it could be from pregnancy, or weight gain, or a combination of the two.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

Huge boobs was how my mom knew I was pregnant (at 16 yo!)  But, it's also the place I gained the most weight in when I gained a large amount of weight years later (lucky me.)

So, it could be from pregnancy, or weight gain, or a combination of the two.

My sister got pregnant with her first at 16 and gained 52 pounds. But, she only weighed 98 pounds before she got pregnant and her doctor kept telling her to gain weight, not taking into account how small she had been. Finally when her doctor realized and told her to stop gaining, it was a bit too late to get that train back into the station. She now has 3 sons and an IUD. But last time I saw her, she was bitching about how huge her boobs have gotten and she'd gained back all the weight she lost this summer. My first question was, "Are you sure you're not pregnant?" If anyone is going to get pregnant with an IUD, it would be her, and since she doesn't get a period with it, that wouldn't be an indicator either. 

I don't think Joy was pregnant before the wedding, but I do think she would have been more on the let's fool around side than Austin would have been. He seems more devout in his views than she does. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

She now has 3 sons and an IUD. But last time I saw her, she was bitching about how huge her boobs have gotten and she'd gained back all the weight she lost this summer. 

Maybe Joy just went hog wild when she knew she was "eating for two" (or three.)

Her pregnancy announcement was a big bowl of ice cream, wasn't it?

PS I lost 80 pounds, and not an ounce of it was in my boobs...it was mostly in my feet (I went down two shoe sizes.) I don't think that'll matter to Joy, because I think she'll always  be barefoot (and pregnant.)

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

I am a busty woman and my boobs used to look like that even when I wasn’t pregnant. Finally, a friend told me she thought I should go to Nordstrom with her and get a proper bra fitting. I did, and it turned out that those cute Victoria’s Secret 38 DD bras were doing nothing for my 36 F chest. I looked like a different person in a well-fitting bra. I suspect Joy would too. 

• Love 18

My boobs have always been on the bigger side, from 6th grade on up.  I remember some boy telling me I was more stacked than his mom, and I was completely embarrassed.

During my only pregnancy, they were truly ginormous.  Back in the early 80's, it was very hard to find a bra that fit, and another problem, when I was nursing.  

In my now older age, and with weight loss, I'm back down to a D cup, and it's great.  Poor Joy.  Those big tits really hurt!  Mine did, anyway.

• Love 8
16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

The conception date speculation is cracking me up.  I was born thirteen years after my parents married, AND I was adopted.  My mom said those old ladies from her hometown still counted on their fingers.

My mom was either confused or she did it on purpose.  You could never tell with her.  But she used to get the timeline mixed up. 

"How old is your oldest?"

Mom-"22"

"And how long have you been married?"

Mom-"20 years."

• Love 5

So, what are Joy and Austin saying about the public outcry concerning the accusation that it was a shotgun wedding? I've read they are upset, but, are they actually DENYING that it's true or just saying they are hurt by it?  I mean, it can be true, but hurt.  If it's true, but hurts, then I get it. It would be embarrassing and make them seem a little hypocritical, but, they wouldn't be the first, and won't be the last.  It happens in all families.  I think most people would just say, bless your both and move on.  OR even if true, will they stay mum and just pretend?  I AM curious.  But, that's because I have watched their family on tv since day one.  It's natural to be curious. 

• Love 4

http://www.celebuzz.com/2013-04-01/jessica-gets-her-baby-body-back/

Does anyone remember Jessica Simpson's first pregnancy? She has a similar build to Joy, and she gained about 60 pounds. Her 3 month picture (below) is quite similar to Joy's (if not a little bigger). I think this is simply a case of conceiving on the honeymoon and eating for too many.

For what it's worth, Jessica's baby weighed 9 lbs, 13 oz. Godspeed, Joy!

jessica-simpson-pregnant-pictures.jpg

Edited by SoupyShoes
  • Love 8

I have a feeling Joy was so starved in the months leading up to the wedding, that she's now going crazy "eating for two." She's going to pack on a ton of weight if that picture is any indication. Either she's carrying twins, or she's on track for a ten pound baby.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why are they dressed like yokels for a wedding?

I think they're at an after party. 

I also found out that it was the wedding of SOS founder Mike Schadt's son. I wonder if Mike conducted the ceremony? He's licensed in AR, as he married Benessa. 

• Love 2
23 hours ago, awaken said:

Of course, cradling the belly. And Jill with the eyebrow pop for the photo. Woohoo, you're walking and listening to a sermon!  That is a hideous bow on the pink shirt. 

When I was pregnant with my twins I would have to cradle because they were so heavy. I was thin and never experienced weight like that I had to hold up my belly so I could move better.

As for Joy I called twins right away. I hope she is mentally prepared to take care of them if she does have multiples, they tax the hell out of you.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

As for Joy I called twins right away. I hope she is mentally prepared to take care of them if she does have multiples, they tax the hell out of you.

I don't think Joy is mentally prepared for one baby. Joy was never a sister-mom, and  like all the Duggars, I think that she probably thinks that watching someone else do something for twenty minutes makes you an expert. I think that taking care of one infant will overload her very limited circuits, and I don't even want to think of what twins would do to her.

• Love 14
11 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think Joy is mentally prepared for one baby. Joy was never a sister-mom, and  like all the Duggars, I think that she probably thinks that watching someone else do something for twenty minutes makes you an expert. I think that taking care of one infant will overload her very limited circuits, and I don't even want to think of what twins would do to her.

The thing is unlike most of us,  even if Joy has sextuplets, she'll have plenty of free help via the J-slaves.  Jana will have this all figured out.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 5

And how will Joy adapt to having her romance time with husband curtailed due to mommy duties?  I wonder if if the ladies consider how all their honeymoon ends once they start with the babies.  I mean, to be so psyched to start taking care of a baby....you would think it's brand new.  Why? They've been doing it for most of their life.  I just don't get the rush and overexagerated excitement, to do something they've done their entire life, when presumably, the loving time is new to them.  Well, at least Jinger seems to get it. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

When I was pregnant with my twins I would have to cradle because they were so heavy. I was thin and never experienced weight like that I had to hold up my belly so I could move better.

I had twins too and I had to do the exact same thing.  Had to hold it up at the end as one of their heads was killing my pelvic bone. 

I suspect possible twins with Joy she is very large IMO. 

• Love 2

I have a hard time thinking Joy and Austin had premarital sex. I think its a combination of everything mentioned; Joy was on the thicker side to begin with, she started letting her belly hang loose, she increased her food intake and she wears clothing and poses in ways that accentuate her belly. 

• Love 14
21 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Has she made any reference to a gender (sex) reveal?

No, because she’d have to bother to dress up to attend her baby shower.  She’d probably rather lie around like her bloated, gravitd termite queen of a mother and snarf down a bunch of ice cream and Cheetos.

• Love 8
22 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

No, because she’d have to bother to dress up to attend her baby shower.  She’d probably rather lie around like her bloated, gravitd termite queen of a mother and snarf down a bunch of ice cream and Cheetos.

Termite queen, LOL!  Joy's going to bust 200 lbs. at this rate.

• Love 4
On 11/7/2017 at 5:15 PM, PoshSprinkles said:

Jill looked just as big as Joy did when she was pregnant with Israel at this point. Everyone guessed she was carrying a huge baby and she was. Hopefully Joy is getting some form of prenatal care to track her baby's growth so she doesn't end up with a botched home birth like her sisters. 

Yes she is getting great medical care from the world famous  Doctor Jill medicine woman. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Yes she is getting great medical care from the world famous  Doctor Jill medicine woman. 

That scares the heck out of me, considering Joy could be flirting with gestational diabetes. She’s really gained a lot of weight in this pregnancy., and she’s not close to being done, with 3 months and some change to go. Jilly Muffin is not qualified to manage this condition at all. I wouldn’t trust her to put a bandaid on me, let alone provide prenatal care or deliver a baby.

• Love 24

I do not wish any harm upon these young women, even though their stupidity is astounding. I hope Joy’s birth is the one that opens their eyes to the need of professional prenatal care. But the Duggar hubris will prevail.  A gal can dream. 

• Love 14
2 hours ago, SMama said:

I do not wish any harm upon these young women, even though their stupidity is astounding. I hope Joy’s birth is the one that opens their eyes to the need of professional prenatal care. But the Duggar hubris will prevail.  A gal can dream. 

So do I. They start getting real prenatal care and deliver in a hospital or with a real license midwife. But these people learned nothing from Josie's birth and months in the hospital or Israel's. I don't wish any harm on any of these people (well except JB, Michelle, Josh and Derick) but I honestly don't think they would learn a lesson if one of these girls died in childbirth. I'd love for their hubris finally get them to a point where they wake up. They keep taking dangerous and stupid risks. There's no reason why they can't go to decent OB-GYN or a license midwife. Except they refused to do so. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

What bothers me is their insistence that "God" is the one controlling the outcomes, not the medical professionals. Yet when their home births go awry, they rush to the hospital for medical care. Can't have it both ways.

"God is telling me this is important enough to spend money on.  Without the sign, I'd just cheap it out as unnecessary expenses."

• Love 5
3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

What bothers me is their insistence that "God" is the one controlling the outcomes, not the medical professionals. Yet when their home births go awry, they rush to the hospital for medical care. Can't have it both ways.

You can if you're an ignorant, arrogant dumb-ass. 

• Love 16
On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:46 AM, SunnyBeBe said:

And how will Joy adapt to having her romance time with husband curtailed due to mommy duties?  I wonder if if the ladies consider how all their honeymoon ends once they start with the babies.  I mean, to be so psyched to start taking care of a baby....you would think it's brand new.  Why? They've been doing it for most of their life.  I just don't get the rush and overexagerated excitement, to do something they've done their entire life, when presumably, the loving time is new to them.  Well, at least Jinger seems to get it. 

But, but, but, having your OWN kids means you are FULFILLING YOUR DESTINY so it is vastly different from parenting your siblings!!

• Love 5