Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

So, with all the speculation that Joy may have been pregnant before her wedding... Does anyone want to speculate how that is being handled behind the scenes in Duggarville? Would Joy have told her parents (either before of after the wedding)? Would they freak out because of what a "sinner" she was, or simply because of the way it will make the family look? If she didn't say anything, do you think her family has noticed? (You would think they would be experts on what pregnancy looks like, but I could also see them wanting to bury their heads in the sand and pretend it's not happening.) If they have noticed, have they confronted Joy? Talked about it behind her back? Said absolutely nothing?

I don't know what they would have done internally, but they have plenty of practice spinning this kind of thing for public consumption

"Joy and Austin made their own courting rules!!"

"We never said we were a perfect family!"

"Joy and Austin chose life!"

They're so neck-deep in hypocracy already that a little more won't hurt them, right?

• Love 17
18 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't know what they would have done internally, but they have plenty of practice spinning this kind of thing for public consumption

"Joy and Austin made their own courting rules!!"

"We never said we were a perfect family!"

"Joy and Austin chose life!"

They're so neck-deep in hypocracy already that a little more won't hurt them, right?

I think that, if it happens that Joy got pregnant prior to the wedding, we'll get a revisionist version of the courtship.  JB and M will claim that Joy and Austin got married by a local minister well in advance of the conception.  They didn't get a license, they didn't want to disrupt the wedding plans which were so very important to both families; so they got married under Jebus' watchful eyes because they just couldn't wait another moment.  Jeremy does weddings, I presume they'll forge some sort of marriage certificate and he can sign it.  Afterall, JB and M are the godliest, best parents ever and none of their children would ever violate the laws of courtship.  And, after all, marriage is about Jesus, not the law; so they really were married before having teh sex.  Really.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Without a license, is one really married?

Not legally, but, for folks like the Duggars, all that counts is the churchin'.  They would have to justify an out of wedlock pregnancy and I don't think they'll be willing or able to admit that one of their kids didn't follow the rules.  Look at all the hoops they jumped through trying to explain away Josh' behavior.  I don't think the public will be convinced, anymore than most of us bought their justifications of their actions regarding Josh; but they'll try to sell it, IMO.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 5

If, and I think it's still a big if, she was pregnant before the wedding, I think they will just keep it quiet when the baby is born. A couple of months later, there will be "welcome baby Forsyth!" photos on the blog with newborn photos of the already 2 month old baby.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I truly hope that Joy Anna does not deliver before February 16.  March 1 would be even better.  

It's buried now, but I posted a IG comment from a person who went to a wedding that Joy supposedly attended. Joy said her due date was 2/22, but expected to deliver in March. So she has two due dates, apparently. Thanks, Dr. Jill! 

• Love 7

Maybe I'm mixing up weddings but wasn't it Joy's that was held at sundown? And Joy and Austin left for marital bliss shortly after. So all these photos that the photographer said were taken "directly after" the ceremony...well, weren't. We're they actually taken before the ceremony, explaining the raggedy hair on the bride, or could they have been some other time? Maybe the whole production, the filmed part anyway, was just that...a big production and they've majorly fudged timelines and dates already?

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's buried now, but I posted a IG comment from a person who went to a wedding that Joy supposedly attended. Joy said her due date was 2/22, but expected to deliver in March. So she has two due dates, apparently. Thanks, Dr. Jill! 

I think that range is a perfectly reasonable due date.  She began eating for two it seems before she even confirmed the pregnancy.  Hopefully she'll learn like Jessa did that a little restraint in subsequent pregnancies can make for an easier pregnancy and delivery for most people.  

10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Duggar Thinking (and, to be fair, the thinking of lots and lots of people mindlessly twiddling their keyboards on social media): Hey, if it's trendy, I'm gonna do it! Even though I have no idea how or why!!   #of      #and     #if     #it's   #Even   #their 

And don't forget my favorite of theirs, #broccoli. 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Absolom said:

I think that range is a perfectly reasonable due date.  She began eating for two it seems before she even confirmed the pregnancy.  Hopefully she'll learn like Jessa did that a little restraint in subsequent pregnancies can make for an easier pregnancy and delivery for most people.  

Joy was looking thicker after she went wedding dress shopping.  I don’t think she was necessarily pregnant, but that she stopped the starvation diet she had been on during the courtship about the second she bought her wedding dress.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, saylubee said:

Joy was looking thicker after she went wedding dress shopping.  I don’t think she was necessarily pregnant, but that she stopped the starvation diet she had been on during the courtship about the second she bought her wedding dress.

I was about 2 months pregnant when I got married. Got the dress pretty much last minute. Not because it was a shotgun wedding...I actually didn't know I was pregnant yet when we got the dress, but since I'd been waffling over whether I really wanted to get married for most of the previous 6 months since our engagement, Mr Jyn decided he didn't want to give me time to change my mind after I finally made the commitment to start wearing my ring again. Oldest son was a "celebration baby" LOL. At any rate, we pretty much did all the wedding prep in speed mode, but my mom still had to let out my dress right before the wedding. Good thing she was a pretty decent seamstress!

• Love 9

I did not have an opinion on whether Joy was pregnant prior to her wedding.  I just don't care.  But when I saw the clip of her sitting on Little Austin and moving all about I may have changed my mind.  First, he brings his phone around and stops it directly in front of her stomach, then she adjusts her shirt at the waistband of her skirt.  So, maybe.  Sanctimonious shits.

• Love 2

@Marigold, I have gastro issues and I’m sitting in my car waiting for my daughter. You’d owe me a car detailing if this car is full of vomit by the time she gets out.  :) How can anyone think that is appropriate?

Edited by SMama
  • Love 3
4 minutes ago, SMama said:

@Marigold, I have gastronomía issues and I’m sitting in my car waiting for my daughter. You’d owe me a car detailing if this car is full of vomit by the time she gets out.  :) How can anyone think that is appropriate?

Hahahahah!

I'm waiting in my car too for my daughters! Lot of car waiting involved with parenting! 

That is my favorite Duggar picture ever.  In one picture, it explains everything that is wrong with them! 

• Love 3

Maybe Joy and Austin did the nasty without any front hugs, kisses or holding hands.  99% of clothing was on.   

Joy even demonstrated by sitting on Austin's crotch during that reunion show. To my knowledge, I have never heard "no sitting on the crotch" as a courting rule. 

Jim Bob needs to be way more specific. 

• Love 24
5 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Maybe Joy and Austin did the nasty without any front hugs, kisses or holding hands.  99% of clothing was on.   

Joy even demonstrated by sitting on Austin's crotch during that reunion show. To my knowledge, I have never heard "no sitting on the crotch" as a courting rule. 

She looked ridiculous sitting like that IMO.  They were sure taught by JB and M to show off their sexual behaviour throughout the years.   Referring too the public humping picture posted above.  Yuck.

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Jackie Burkhart said it best.

"When making out in a car, a skirt is your best friend, because zip, zip and you're done."

• Love 4
22 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

If, and I think it's still a big if, she was pregnant before the wedding, I think they will just keep it quiet when the baby is born. A couple of months later, there will be "welcome baby Forsyth!" photos on the blog with newborn photos of the already 2 month old baby.

That makes me wonder if Joy has any of the problems her sisters had (needs a C-section or hemorrhages after birth), whether the Duggars would be even more reluctant than usual to get her to a hospital, since this might blow their cover.

• Love 3

The Duggars have demonstrated for all the world to witness how little regard they have for life once it exits the womb. After learning Mullet talked Jessa out of going to the hospital, it would not surprise me if there is a tragedy due to their shitty parenting. 

@Marigold, I always joke that for a SAHM I spend very little time home. There are days when I want to gouge my eyes out because I do miss working. But our daughter needs me at home, and why have her if I’m not willing to sacrifice. TBH sometimes I kind of lament the life we would have if I worked the past seven years. 

Edited by SMama
  • Love 3
On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 10:50 AM, yogi2014L said:

What is with that fist in the air pose half of them are doing? Awkward AF

And yea, she looks preggo to me. Her hair is a tragedy also. So bad.

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 11:19 AM, xwordfanatik said:

They didn't crop out Smuggar?  Shocking.  

I don't get the fist in the air thing, either.

Dillweed the show-off asshole.

Duh, you guys, they're doing the black power salute, of course. They've secretly been supporting the Black Lives Matter movement all this time.

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Weren't they married already when she sat on Little Austin? I could be wrong, since I don't care enough to check. I just assumed they were married. 

• Love 3

Yeah, they had been married something like 26 days in those pictures from the taping of the After Show. She probably already knew she was pregnant if she got knocked up six days after the wedding (coincides with the due date she has given to friends). 

I just found those pictures to be so much eeew, even for newlyweds. But then again, I'm not really big on PDA.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Weren't they married already when she sat on Little Austin? I could be wrong, since I don't care enough to check. I just assumed they were married. 

Little Austin. That gives a whole new meaning to the Little Archie comics that were there along with the regular Archie comics.

• Love 6

There’s socially acceptable PDA and there is Duggar PDA. My husband and I have been together 23 years and he still holds my hand. I was not a hand holder before meeting him. It seemed silly, I can walk just fine on my own, I’m not a child. But it meant a lot to him and I had to adapt because it just wasn’t my thing. I also struggled with pet names, he had so many, and they were dead wrong. We struck a compromise, and he agreed to call me an approved pet name in private. He LOVES to be called what I think is a silly nickname for his first name. Since he agreed not to call me a pet name in public, I do my part and call him that name in public. It’s a big deal for him because he only allowed his late grandmother to address him in that manner. I happily oblige, because he has done the same for me.

I really thought the hand holding would fade, especially when our fiercely territorial daughter came home. Nope, he still holds my hand and it is important to him. I really feel dorky, especially when we get separated at Disneyland by the crowd, and he holds his hand out looking for mine. But he dry humping me in public in front of my child and boyfriend? Me sitting on his crotch? I’m not a purist but WTF?

Edited by SMama
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Marigold said:

Post of the day!   I'd like this a million times if I could.   

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, SMama said:

There’s socially acceptable PDA and there is Duggar PDA. My husband and I have been together 23 years and he still holds my hand. I was not a hand holder before meeting him. It seemed silly, I can walk just fine on my own, I’m not a child. But it meant a lot to him and I had to adapt because it just wasn’t my thing. I also struggled with pet names, he had so many, and they were dead wrong. We struck a compromise, and he agreed to call me an approved pet name in private. He LOVES to be called what I think is a silly nickname for his first name. Since he agreed not to call me a pet name in public, I do my part and call him that name in public. It’s a big deal for him because he only allowed his late grandmother to address him in that manner. I happily oblige, because he has done the same for me.

I really thought the hand holding would fade, especially when our fiercely territorial daughter came home. Nope, he still holds my hand and it is important to him. I really feel dorky, especially when we get separated at Disneyland by the crowd, and he holds his hand out looking for mine. But he dry humping me in public in front of my child and boyfriend? Me sitting on his crotch? I’m not a purist but WTF?

I completely agree it is creepy and gross.  Especially in front of parents.  I find it incredibly odd that with all their modesty preaching that JB and M are okay with that very public and obvious display of sexual PDA (the sitting on his well you know) especially with camera's around.  Its is so opposite.  Married or not considering what they preach their after  marriage behaviour is anything but modest when it comes to PDA. 

• Love 7

I find it SO hard to believe that she got pregnant before she was married. 

But!  Every picture of her makes me wonder WTF happened?   I've been pregnant many times and I carry large, so no body shaming here but it really does make me raise an eyebrow. 

• Love 23

5.5 months along - she's progressing proportionally.  She looks to me like she's gained quite a bit of weight.  I won't be surprised if she gains 60 to 80 pounds this pregnancy.  She may be the one to produce 10 to 12 pound newborns.  

• Love 11

Maybe it really is twins and they are going to use that as a season opener? If they spoiled it now by announcing twins, would they get more or less ratings than if they held back that info and then announced right before Joy giving birth?  Joy is being pretty stingy with the baby bump pictures.  

I think this type of info is released depending on TV seasons, filming and what will bring the most ratings.  Kardashians also follow this formula. 

Ha! Jim Bob and Kris Jenner should do lunch! Compare strategies. 

• Love 5

It's also telling that Ashley Salyer (Nathan Bates' old girlfriend) deleted this picture from her IG. Looks like Pickles saw it during a small window when it was up. She must have gotten a TON of attention that she wasn't expecting. 

eta: Ashley didn't delete. It was part of a series of pictures. Jinger was also pictured; this was the wedding that they were practicing the music for late last week. 

Now, check out Joy's shirt, then look at what Jill's wearing. I wonder what happens when they're inevitably simultaneously pregnant? 

Screenshot_20171106-184407.png.1d7d43cef03301de64fece472702408a (360x640).jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

I've never been pregnant, so I looked it up:

From WebMD

Underweight women should gain 28 to 40 pounds. And overweight women may need to gain only 15 to 25 pounds during pregnancy. In general, you should gain about 2 to 4 pounds during the first three months you're pregnant and 1 pound a week during the rest of your pregnancy. So if Joy is about 5.5 months, she should have gained 12-15 pounds. If she's carrying it all in her breasts and belly, it's not unreasonable.

They're keeping a much lower profile than the other girls, though, and we don't see the Pinterest-y photos of her with the chalk board and the gestational age on them, so who knows.

• Love 2

On one hand I think I'd be interested by a 9lb preemie from Joy, only because it means that she did something normal AND she said screw it to the family line. Plus I'd like to see if JB and M decide to acknowledge it and how they'd rationalize it.

On the other I think I might be disappointed, only because despite living in a house where conception and pregnancy were held above all I'm afraid Joy would explain it as "I didn't realize THAT was how you made a baby".

• Love 9

I’m going to guess that either she’s carrying multiples or she was pregnant before the wedding. It’s not just how big she looks overall; it’s the proportions of her belly to the rest of her body. She’s definitely put on some weight, but if you look at her face and upper arm it’s pretty clear she hasn’t put on enough weight to give her a belly that size with a singleton pregnancy at 5 months along. And she had gotten pretty thin before the wedding, so it’s not like she started out with a huge belly to begin with. 

In comparison, I had a friend who had twins last week. She wasn’t Joy-sized until about her seventh month, and her girls were both well over 7 pounds at birth. 

• Love 6