Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

9 hours ago, PoshSprinkles said:

I think all the girls just carry big because they are naturally short-waisted and just make big babies. 

I am short-waisted and just 5'1". I had a 9 lb 6 oz, 22" long baby. I was going thru old pictures the other day. She's bigger than I was at 7 months. I got huge in 8th and 9th months and carried it all in front. 

I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:

I am short-waisted and just 5'1". I had a 9 lb 6 oz, 22" long baby. I was going thru old pictures the other day. She's bigger than I was at 7 months. I got huge in 8th and 9th months and carried it all in front. 

I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

I carried my first way out front and was probably close to as big as she is at the same stage (maternity clothes back in the 80's were pretty billowy, though, so it's harder to say from my old photos)...but I was in maternity clothes at her stage. My third (and last) pregnancy I swear he sat on my tailbone the entire time, and it I wore a loose top I just looked a bit chunky until after about 7 months.

• Love 1
On 10/2/2017 at 6:44 PM, Rabbittron said:

If the baby is really the size of a bell pepper please tell me where I can find those big ones I can really use them.

I'm surprised she even knows what a bell pepper looks like.

• Love 21
1 hour ago, drafan said:

I'm surprised she even knows what a bell pepper looks like.

She may, although in any case I'm pretty sure she just copied and pasted that part from those websites/apps that give a cutesy description of the embryo/fetus for every week of pregnancy.

• Love 20

OMG, did he even crack a smile when he first saw her?  I mean one of those "wow" smiles, like he can't believe how beautiful she looks.    He looked her over like he was buying a car.

"You smell so good".  Oh my, I really don't know what to say about that.  

Anneb67, she did look like crap, mainly the hair.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

OMG, did he even crack a smile when he first saw her?  I mean one of those "wow" smiles, like he can't believe how beautiful she looks.    He looked her over like he was buying a car.

"You smell so good".  Oh my, I really don't know what to say about that.  

Anneb67, she did look like crap, mainly the hair.

I don't know.  He teared up, and I always appreciate that in a groom..

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

@RedheadZombie, you'll LOVE next week's episode then. I checked the guide yesterday to see if this was the season finale, but no, they're tacking on Joe's wedding. You can see him blubber at the altar! 

I guess they didn't have a First Look. 

Blubber, blubbering...some of the best words, evah!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

He did look genuinely smitten and in total awe of his amazing luck in getting to marry her. For whatever that's worth, I hope it works out for them.

• Love 14
5 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

He teared up realizing this is it. As in, this is IT!! This is as good as it is ever going to get. I'd probably cry too.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

@RedheadZombie, you'll LOVE next week's episode then. I checked the guide yesterday to see if this was the season finale, but no, they're tacking on Joe's wedding. You can see him blubber at the altar! 

I guess they didn't have a First Look. 

I don't really watch the episodes - mostly just watch the clips posted here. 

But if Joy went with the updo us  heathens would not get to experience the length of her “crowning glory.” Now we have all been shamed because Joy’s rat’s nest is soooooo long. Jesus loves her more.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 14
1 minute ago, SMama said:

But if Joy went with the updo is heathens would not get to experience the length of her “crowning glory.” Now we have all been shamed because Joy’s rat’s nest is soooooo long. Jesus loves her more.

No no no, it’s not that Jesus loves Joy more, it’s that it makes her holier than the heathens.  You know, as Christ surely intended, what with the lectures about the Pharisees making a visual spectacle of themselves and all.

• Love 5
On 10/16/2017 at 7:27 PM, Annb67 said:

He teared up realizing this is it. As in, this is IT!! This is as good as it is ever going to get. I'd probably cry too.

I still can't understand why such a young man would claim to have sought out his father's advice, at such a young age, on what he needed to do in order to marry. His dad recommended flipping 5 houses  and I assume that must have taken a few years. His friend also said that all Austin talked about, from an early age, was marriage and children.

Seems to me that more  women desire early marriage than men.  Men usually flee from early commitment.

Since he was raised with The World's Strictest Parents, you'd think he'd want a longer period of freedom before being saddled with wifey and kids.

• Love 5
18 hours ago, queenanne said:

No no no, it’s not that Jesus loves Joy more, it’s that it makes her holier than the heathens.  You know, as Christ surely intended, what with the lectures about the Pharisees making a visual spectacle of themselves and all.

1 minute ago, louannems said:
18 hours ago, queenanne said:

Joy probably believes she is being A Testament To The Lord!!!

Actually, she appears to have just climbed out of bed and neglected to so much as brush her hair!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, louannems said:

I still can't understand why such a young man would claim to have sought out his father's advice, at such a young age, on what he needed to do in order to marry. His dad recommended flipping 5 houses  and I assume that must have taken a few years. His friend also said that all Austin talked about, from an early age, was marriage and children.

Seems to me that more  women desire early marriage than men.  Men usually flee from early commitment.

Since he was raised with The World's Strictest Parents, you'd think he'd want a longer period of freedom before being saddled with wifey and kids.

He wanted sex & figured out early that marriage was the only way he was going to get 'righteously fulfilled' (unless he went the Josh Duggar route of course)

• Love 13
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Oddly, though many kids raised in this sort of restrictive environment  do rebel,  others honestly do grow up thinking that their parents gt it all right, and can't imagine a better way. I did see the "world's strictest parents" episode some time back when it first aired...probably flipping through channels on the treadmill at the gym or something, and again when Austin first became a "thing" on Counting On. I had no idea I'd seen the same show, randomly, until I followed a link on the board here...But, at any rate, the differences between the Forsyths and the Duggars may be relatively few, but those there are, are important. First, Austin comes from a small family of only two children (though there are those other two from his father's earlier marriage/relationship which, do we know the story there?). But either two or four children is still vastly different from 19. Second, from what I saw, and, granted, editing can do wonders, Austin's parents seem much more connected with their kids and, third, seem to be teaching them the value of hard work ad actually doing things for others. So it's entirely likely that Austin, if he is anything like his parents in temperament and personality, really does see the way he was brought up as fairly ideal, and looks forward very much to giving his own kids the same sort of upbringing. It doesn't seem too unlikely

• Love 13

I noticed that Joy's hair was pinned back on one side before the wedding, then it wasn't. Also, her hair was much better curled in the bridal room then when she was walking down the aisle. Her hair was almost straight just before the ceremony. I think someone forgot to use hairspray.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, louannems said:

I agree, very odd! And how did he get the cash to buy the first house to flip?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, louannems said:

a) he was probably raised to believe in abstinence. Many mainstream Christian kids, like many of my Christian friends, want to get married young, because until then they're not allowed to have sex. 

b)He was probably taught marriage/sex is for procreation, even though his parents have only a few children. Many of the consevative Christians I know link sex, procreation, and marriage.  It's also possible his parents got married later in life and were only able to have two children even though they were leaving it up to God.

c) With his parents, it seems likely that he wouldn't have had a lot of freedom without marriage. Of course he could have decided to leave his family and the lifestyle all together.

d) He's from Arkansas. Being married young is probably more normal even among more moderate Christians. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Most of us want freedom. That's why we leave home, go to college, gets jobs and our own apartments, etc.

The thing is, though, when people are taught (and taught and taught and taught and taught and taught) that literally everybody and everything in the "outside world" is a tremendous danger to them -- in this life and in the next -- some of them will still want freedom but some will be scared out of wanting it. 

With the help of the carrot of TeeVee money, I expect, the Duggars' stick of fear has so far succeeded beyond what most fear-mongering parents can hope for with all the kids, I think. Jingle, happily, seems to be a bit of an exception, although I don't know that she's enough of an exception to ever have hazarded going out on her own in any way if a headship hadn't come along and taken her. 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Most of us want freedom. That's why we leave home, go to college, gets jobs and our own apartments, etc.

Yes, but most of us go to public school, watch TV, and have friends outside of our family. We were exposed early to the idea that we would grow up, graduate high school, and leave home to go to college, get jobs, and become productive adults. And that we would have multiple choices as to what our adult life could be; these choices represent our freedom. These kids have been raised that they have one path depending on their sex. The girls grow up to get married and have all the babies God will give them. The boys grow up to be self-employed at a father-approved job, get married and make all the babies God will give them. Neither of them is considered an adult until they're married, so marriage equals freedom in their world.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 13

Does anyone know if the Forsyth house is done or are they still in the RV?  Any remodeling pictures?  They were saying another 4-6 weeks (way unrealistic considering honeymoon) at the time of the wedding, which was end of May.  Now it's 5 months later. 

I was thinking about how they (Joy) aren't ready for a baby.  I'm  hoping everything goes well with the pregnancy and baby, but what happens if they have a special needs child?  Or a (super) preemie like Josie.  IF it happened, how would they handle it?  They haven't even been married a year & barely know one another. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lunera said:

I think her recent bump pictures were taken in the mobile home. The bathroom looked super tiny, unless they got an apartment. 

can you post them -- i havent seen any pictures of her since about the 15 week mark. 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 10:27 PM, Annb67 said:

He teared up because he was finally getting laid.  No more sneaking off to the bathroom with a box of tissues. 

Edited by ariel
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, zoomama said:

can you post them -- i havent seen any pictures of her since about the 15 week mark. 

I think those *are* the most recent (read only) pics they've released.

eta: There was a pic of Joy sitting on a panel including Benessa, her parents, and her in-laws. It was taken at a far angle, and while the bump was visible, it was hard to tell how big she really was. This was maybe two weeks ago?

Edited by Sew Sumi
4 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

She looks awfully big to be 18 weeks pregnant with her first kid. 

She does. Hard to tell, though, I think. She is doing the swayback thing, looks like. That can definitely add a few inches -- or more --  to your protrusion. 

• Love 1

How are these pregnancy photos modest in any way? Posting them for the world to see certainly IS NOT in my opinion.  It's flaunting just to everyone that they had sex. No Bueno, in my book. If you're going to do things like this, and begin to wear shirts that are already two sizes too small, don't hide behind the Godly, modest, Jesus 'curtain' in life. They're hypocrites.

• Love 14

Nothing related to pregnancy is modest to the Duggars. Not your menstrual cycle or the fact you're planning sex around it, not your growing breasts & tummy and certainly not your turkey pop-up navel. But your knees and clavicle should be covered ALWAYS! 

• Love 24