Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Their lack of prenatal care is appalling. As I said before, if they're all about baby blessings then they should be treating themselves and their unborn babies as such. Didn't Derick Tweet some anti-abortion nonsense about a woman's body no longer being her own once she is pregnant? At the very least they should be taking prenatals and have the minimum testing done. Why not give these blessings the best chance at being healthy? 

• Love 23
33 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Their lack of prenatal care is appalling. As I said before, if they're all about baby blessings then they should be treating themselves and their unborn babies as such. Didn't Derick Tweet some anti-abortion nonsense about a woman's body no longer being her own once she is pregnant? At the very least they should be taking prenatals and have the minimum testing done. Why not give these blessings the best chance at being healthy? 

Because Jesus and reasons .

Edited by lianau
  • Love 10
18 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

They knew Joy was pregnant when filming the recap shows. In the GIF of Joy sitting on Austin's 'lap' he puts his phone in between the filming camera and Joy's stomach and Joy immediately pulls her sweater forward. Also during that show JB comments that maybe Joy will be the next pregnant daughter. Now with this bump.

An online baby calculator gives Joy the due date of February 16, if the date of conception was May 26th. She would be 16 weeks pregnant now and the baby is the size of an avocado.

That's what I was thinking.  Oh well....time will tell, I suppose. 

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 9:37 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

This one is a constant attention seeker.  It's classic Stage 5 Clinger behavior. 

I think it's also the result of years of being Daddy's Favorite. She's used to being constantly praised for everything and being coddled every time she bursts into tears or is "afraid" of something. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

The thought of an OB doing an internal exam is probably offensive to them...after all...they will take whatever the Lord blesses them with.  Only their headship can see what's down there.

According to Dr Wheat, women don't have much "down there".

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Well, you know, there are only 8 diagnoses in OB/GYN and 7 of 'em are pregnancy.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 14
On 02/09/2017 at 11:05 AM, Churchhoney said:

So I guess your use of the term "baby" involves its meaning as an endearment. 
Whereas JB and M's use of "baby" involves its (pretty  much entirely Duggar-invented) meaning as "thing that I created all by my ownself and that exists solely for my personal aggrandizement."   ;  )

To Jim Boob and MEchelle, the word "baby" describes a 15-month experience (the first nine in utero). It has nothing to do with the human byproduct. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

More specifically, they're missing a certain part essential for female pleasure. I still wonder if Smuggar has ever pleased Poor Anna.

• Love 2

Hoping some adult in Joy's life with 2 brain cells to rub together gets her to prenatal care to avoid gestational diabetes if she is this huge at (wink, wink) 3 months...

Not counting on her barrel of monkeys family even with those so called uncertifiable midwife pretendies to do her justice healthwise...

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Patricia07 said:

When talking to JimBob, didn't Austin say something about "to be safe"?  I think it was in regards to the length of the engagement or courtship.  JB just looked at him and nodded.  What was that about?

I am not following what you mean by this comment, can you be more descriptive?

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

More specifically, they're missing a certain part essential for female pleasure. I still wonder if Smuggar has ever pleased Poor Anna.

I'm sure they support female circumcision.  For everyone but Michelle, of course.

14 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Evangelicals and "fundies" (I really hate that term) do not support female genital mutilation, and they generally teach that sex should be pleasurable for both partners in a marriage. I think we've even heard Jb allude to this at some point. 

True, they are opposed to female genital mutilation (which is NOT in any way comparable to circumcision of a male); but, while they may be fine with wives enjoying the act, she is also expected to be 'joyfully available' to her husband at all times, no matter the situation ('big pregnant') or how she feels about it.  So, while the male gets what he wants when he wants it, I don't get the vibe that it much matters how his wife feels about it or if  she finds it pleasurable.  There have been women chastised by their congregation for not being endlessly willing to pleasure her husband, I've never heard of a husband being corrected because his wife didn't find sex with him enjoyable.  There's definitely a double standard when it comes to sex in fundie/evangelicals.  All their posturing about sex being pleasurable for both parties is pretty meaningless if one of those parties is subjugated to the will of the other.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 21

I've seen that comment mentioned but I don't remember the actual context. Even if that's really what she meant (and I have my doubts), it doesn't mean that the entire family expects women to be miserable during sex. For all we know, JB has actually tried to make it pleasurable for Michelle and she just hasn't spoken up with what she would like. 

I totally get why people think poorly of the Duggars and Gothardism -- it's certainly not my way of life, either -- but some of the nonsense that gets speculated here just blows my mind. It doesn't even make sense within their rules or what we know of them. 

1 minute ago, doodlebug said:

True, they are opposed to female genital mutilation (which is NOT in any way comparable to circumcision of a male); but, while they may be fine with wives enjoying the act, she is also expected to be 'joyfully available' to her husband at all times, no matter the situation ('big pregnant') or how she feels about it.  So, while the male gets what he wants when he wants it, I don't get the vibe that it much matters how his wife feels about it or if  she finds it pleasurable.  There have been women chastised by their congregation for not being endlessly willing to pleasure her husband, I've never heard of a husband being corrected because his wife didn't find sex with him enjoyable.  There's definitely a double standard when it comes to enjoyment of sexuality.

True, the joyfully available part is pretty gross. No thanks!!!

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I've seen that comment mentioned but I don't remember the actual context. Even if that's really what she meant (and I have my doubts), it doesn't mean that the entire family expects women to be miserable during sex. For all we know, JB has actually tried to make it pleasurable for Michelle and she just hasn't spoken up with what she would like. 

I totally get why people think poorly of the Duggars and Gothardism -- it's certainly not my way of life, either -- but some of the nonsense that gets speculated here just blows my mind. It doesn't even make sense within their rules or what we know of them. 

True, the joyfully available part is pretty gross. No thanks!!!

I am sure there are some fundamentalist husbands who do care about their wives and try to please them in the bedroom, however, there is an inherent imbalance in the relationship dynamic that means her enjoyment is purely optional and his obligation to her is less than hers to him.  It also means that a woman whose hubby was not interested in pleasing her would be unlikely to complain, having been told since birth that the sex act is all about him and making babies for Jesus.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 13
31 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Evangelicals and "fundies" (I really hate that term) do not support female genital mutilation, and they generally teach that sex should be pleasurable for both partners in a marriage. I think we've even heard Jb allude to this at some point. 

Once you whole heartedly identify as a fundamentalist, and openly defend and minimize child molestation, I take the gloves all the fucking way off. These are things they say when there're in the minority, trying to get good pr. Imagine them in the majority and shudder. Understeinate evil assholes at your own peril.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 11
Just now, JoanArc said:

Once you whole heartedly identify as a fundamentalist, and openly defend and minimize child molestation, I take the gloves all the fucking way off. These are things they say when there're in the minority, trying to get good pr. Imagine them in the majority and shudder. Understeinate evil assholes at your own peril.

I guess I'm not seeing how this is a reply to what I said. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

They would think it's an African and Muslim thing, so they definitely wouldn't support it just on those grounds alone. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

True, they are opposed to female genital mutilation (which is NOT in any way comparable to circumcision of a male); but, while they may be fine with wives enjoying the act, she is also expected to be 'joyfully available' to her husband at all times, no matter the situation ('big pregnant') or how she feels about it.  So, while the male gets what he wants when he wants it, I don't get the vibe that it much matters how his wife feels about it or if  she finds it pleasurable.  There have been women chastised by their congregation for not being endlessly willing to pleasure her husband, I've never heard of a husband being corrected because his wife didn't find sex with him enjoyable.  There's definitely a double standard when it comes to sex in fundie/evangelicals.  All their posturing about sex being pleasurable for both parties is pretty meaningless if one of those parties is subjugated to the will of the other.

Wouldn't it be "waste" of semen to have sex with an already pregnant woman? They are oppose do to wasting their seed via masturbation, right?

22 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Wouldn't it be "waste" of semen to have sex with an already pregnant woman? They are oppose do to wasting their seed via masturbation, right?

Huh. Interesting thought. I wonder how they'd answer that. I'm sure meeting the husband's needs would be reason enough to do it. 

12 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

SInce Michelle had prenatal care with all or most of her children, I don't understand the  daughters' reasoning. They are playing with fire. Both Jill and Jessa have barely avoided life-threatening complications, but it doesn't seem to faze them. They were old enough to see the problems with Josie's birth, ( Hell, JB paraded the whole family into the NICU), yet they go blithely on, seemingly unaware of the consequences. Are they too stupid, too cheap or too trusting  in, you know, Jesus?

• Love 9

My theory has been that the second Duggar generation is too competitive to get pre-natal care. The Gothard women aren't allowed to have any accomplishments other than how soon and how often they can get pregnant, and Michelle is already a winner in that department. Jill, Jessa and now, sadly, Joy, have at least a dozen pregnancies and 15 or so years before they get into Mama's famous for sheer numbers territory.  If they want to out holier-than-thou Michelle (and get the attention that comes with it), they probably feel that they have to show their great devotion by "leaving it (the health of the pregnancy) up to God" too. 

• Love 14
16 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

My theory has been that the second Duggar generation is too competitive to get pre-natal care. The Gothard women aren't allowed to have any accomplishments other than how soon and how often they can get pregnant, and Michelle is already a winner in that department. Jill, Jessa and now, sadly, Joy, have at least a dozen pregnancies and 15 or so years before they get into Mama's famous for sheer numbers territory.  If they want to out holier-than-thou Michelle (and get the attention that comes with it), they probably feel that they have to show their great devotion by "leaving it (the health of the pregnancy) up to God" too. 

Idiots. That is all. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Westiepeach said:

Idiots. That is all. 

How are they going to explain away a group B strep death in a newborn that could have been prevented by a bag of abx being hung?  Or a death in one of their cash cows...er...daughters when they try to VBAC their way to a ruptured uterus?  This is all on JB and Michelle's heads. I'm trying to figure out which of them is the bigger fucknut. Which is driving the crazy-train?

• Love 8
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

You'd think these control freaks might like to  have a way to dickmotize their helpmeets. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

And, after all, if the Lord wills it, superfetation is always a possibility.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superfetation

Very interesting!  I went to school with "twin" girls.  Except their birthdays were not even close, but they were from the same pregnancy, they said.  One was a hefty healthy looking girl. the other was a frail thin sickly looking girl.  this was over 50 years ago and I was a teenager and that's the story they told.  Is that possible?

What bothers me is that, if Joy did get pregnant a few weeks before the wedding, it shouldn't  be that big a deal, imo.  They were already getting married (the marriage was arranged before they began "courting") so, if they managed to sneak around and have some fun before the big day, then (again imo) good for them. Yet, I suspect that, to Boob and MOTY, that would be a bigger "sin" than anything Joshley Madison did, including molesting his sisters.  Maybe I'm wrong, but their values usually seem so backwards to me that I can see this being true. 

Edited by EVS
  • Love 20
On 9/2/2017 at 10:03 AM, Lunera said:

Boob and Bitch wanted the girls laying like lumps at home and doing their work until a suitor came along. 

I just don't see any motivation for this other than "200 GRANDBABIES". 

It could have gone down like this:

Austin: Can I marry Joy?

Boob: No. She's too young.

On 9/3/2017 at 1:58 PM, Absolom said:

Joy has perfected the Jill swayback and shove the stomach out posture.

On 9/3/2017 at 5:26 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Didn't Jill basically raise Joy?  Sister moms think alike.

You beat me to the punch X. I was going to go with:

Like sister-mother, like daughter.

Edited by TVwithTea
  • Love 4
On 9/2/2017 at 6:54 PM, sleepysuzy said:

Considering the size of some of her nephews at birth, Joy may just be carrying one huge baby. My biggest was 11 lbs, born at 38 weeks. I measured 45 weeks at delivery. At three months gestation, I looked more like I was entering the third trimester.

In my family, large babies are the norm, and the Duggar girls seem to have a similar trend going. 

11 pounds? OMG!! My biggest was 6lb, 10oz, and I thought he was HUGE!!

• Love 1

My guess is that Baby Forsyth's birth date will be fudged. Joy will have a home birth, which ensures that there will be no hospital records that would give away the baby's actual birth date. The TLC crew will sign non-disclosure agreements. (I'm not sure whether Arkansas birth certificates are public record or if there's any way they can be falsified. Does anyone know?)

• Love 5

Does Joy's breasts seem incredibly larger? Yes, she is pregnant but still.. is it the type of blouses/bra she is wearing or what ??? There was a clip of joy & Austin during a commercial break on another TLC show - and it was like "bing-bang-pow".....

jd.jpg

Edited by sATL
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20170907-081516.thumb.jpg.a07fb617027767b3d2d390ad868b4188.jpg

Joy looks relatively skeletal in her wedding picture, so she probably barely ate leading up to the wedding.

A lifetime of food restrictions before an extended honeymoon in Europe with a husband with a teenage appetite, and I could see Joy easily putting on 30+ pounds in the last few months, even without an excuse to be "eating for two".  Definitely looks like a honeymoon baby to me.

• Love 9