Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

Do to these girls even get confirmation from an actual obstetrician of pregnancy or do they solely rely on her pee sticks?  If they are winging it they probably don't even have an  actual due date...just guessing in their part.

On 8/30/2017 at 2:44 PM, ariel said:

Edited by Caracoa1
Spelling
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

Do to these girls even get confirmation from an actual obstetrician of pregnancy or do they solely rely on her pee sticks?  If they are winging it they probably don't even have an  actual due date...just guessing in their part.

Jessa admitted to going through at least one pregnancy with no prenatal care. Sigh…

• Love 4

I am honestly speechless, but then I remember that Joy is 19. She's young and it's no surprise she was able to conceive quite easily. This is a wedding night or honeymoon baby for sure so they didn't waste any time having sex. I find this so sad and what's particularly scary is that because she's so young, she has a greater chance of conceiving at least a dozen children between now and menopause. At least her sisters started in their twenties.

I saw Jinger and Jeremy's "congrats" vid and couldn't help but laugh. They looked like they were thinking, "not this shit again". I guess the family is contractually obligated to do those videos. They are so creepy.

• Love 19
48 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Why is Michelle ALWAYS in That Green Shirt? 

She loves to thrift shop. Do they not sell shirts where she shops? 

It's like a sick obsession with That Green Shirt.  

We could pair the green shirt with Jill's striped skirt and the mustard sweater to create quite an ensemble.

• Love 23
5 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

We could pair the green shirt with Jill's striped skirt and the mustard sweater to create quite an ensemble.

Someone needs to create a green shirt Twitter feed. Document when it appears on TV, talk about his thoughts and feelings, and describe it's many variations. 

• Love 19

Maybe the Green Shirt and the Mustard Cardigan are like security blankets.   They make whoever wears them feel comfortable.   I can't imagine that household let the kids have real security blankets or teddy bears or anything normal like that.

• Love 4

I hate it, but now I'm kind of feeling that Jinger wants to be pregnant, but isn't. Her delivery during that message seemed odd to me, like she was doing her best despite extreme jealousy and heartache. I know it may be reading a lot into it, but she did not seem truly happy. Then at the end, when she said she loved and missed them, that part seemed sincere. 

This video has me a little worried for Jinger. If she wants to conceive and hasn't, or worse, is forbidden by her headship, I worry for her mental health. They can't talk about these issues openly in the duggar family, and her tone and general look in this video was a bit like going to your frenemy's wedding after your own bitter breakup. I hope I am wrong. I'd assumed Jinger and Jeremy were happily using birth control, but this video gave me pause. 

• Love 10

To me it seemed like Jinger was reading from a script and that's why it sounded so awkward, Jeremy was annoyed he had) to take time out of his day to make the video. She doesn't seem like the motherly kind that wants babies. She thinks like Jessa and I remember Jessa saying on the show that she wants to wait a few years before having a baby. Jessa was also apparently surprised she got pregnant so fast after Spurgeon, meaning that one kid was enough and wanted to space them out. Jinger is enjoying her time away from the Duggar crazyness as the wife of a real pastor in her new house. Anyway, Jeremy probably wants to have 3 kids tops and that's how many Jinger will have.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, trimthatfat said:

I am honestly speechless, but then I remember that Joy is 19. She's young and it's no surprise she was able to conceive quite easily. This is a wedding night or honeymoon baby for sure so they didn't waste any time having sex. I find this so sad and what's particularly scary is that because she's so young, she has a greater chance of conceiving at least a dozen children between now and menopause. At least her sisters started in their twenties.

I saw Jinger and Jeremy's "congrats" vid and couldn't help but laugh. They looked like they were thinking, "not this shit again". I guess the family is contractually obligated to do those videos. They are so creepy.

If any of the girls reach Michelle's numbers it will be Joy, simply due to her age and the type of husband she has (who is gung ho about the lifestyle and is willing to work for a living). I don't think Jessa will have THAT many (I see her puttering out at 4-5) because small children are WORK, and I don't think Jessa wants to recreate the sister mom situation. She or Ben may get snipped in their 30s and no one would be the wiser. 

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jinger and Jeremy both sound and look to me like they're completely over having to do these obligatory for the public congratulations videos.  I'd bet that Jinger congratulated her sister a couple months ago when she first heard the news and now it's oh yeah we have to do the Duggar video dance - what's this one for again?

That's how I read it as well. When Jeremy practically eye-rolled after his last line I felt like he really wanted to say "See you guys soon....and it sucks to be you!".

• Love 17

Joy is the youngest of the older girls and will probably have the most.  I see Jessa with at least 6, but more likely 10 or 12.  

I can't tell what Jinger is thinking, but she does seem sad or less than thrilled.  I wonder if as she's moving into the mainstream, she realises how young Joy is to be tied down like this. Maybe Jinger is enjoying her life and a little sad for her sister.  

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Someone needs to create a green shirt Twitter feed. Document when it appears on TV, talk about his thoughts and feelings, and describe it's many variations. 

Sounds like a job for David Lynch since the Log Lady is gone.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Totally phoning it in. 

We're so..umm..excited. Translation: the fuck?! They freaking just got married.

Also, how freaking special Joy and Austin. God heard your prayer and poof a baby appeared. Well gee golly you must be extra Damn special to God. I guess the rest of us just aren't. 

Fuck you Joy and Austin from everyone who has ever suffered from infertility.

1 hour ago, LilJen said:

Can't wait to see the footage of Michelle in a group hug yelling "TEN!"

Because it's all about the numbers, baby. Buildin' that army for the Lort.

The village idiot army.

• Love 13
On 8/30/2017 at 1:05 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Did you guys notice that MEchelle has done the math for us and that Joy's baby will be "Mama's" 10th (tenth) grandbaby?
That's TEN (10) in case you were counting. And if you didn't notice the first time she mentioned she would be having a 10th grandbaby in this video, well just keep watching because JimBoob will make sure you didn't miss it by mentioning it again!

Also, did you notice in the episode when her 9th grandbaby was announced, one of the first (and only) things MEchelle kept mentioning was how it would be HER NINTH grandbaby? It's not a video clip on YouTube but something I noticed in one of the episodes of Counting On. I tried finding the congratulations video online but all I could come up with is this clip of them going on and on about their 8th grandbaby. It's interesting they don't use the term "grandchild" but prefer the suffix "baby".

TRIGGER WARNING! I cued this video up to play at the most disgusting part. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, TeaInTheMoment said:

Did you guys notice that MEchelle has done the math for us and that Joy's baby will be "Mama's" 10th (tenth) grandbaby?
That's TEN (10) in case you were counting. And if you didn't notice the first time she mentioned she would be having a 10th grandbaby in this video, well just keep watching because JimBoob will make sure you didn't miss it by mentioning it again!

Also, did you notice in the episode when her 9th grandbaby was announced, one of the first (and only) things MEchelle kept mentioning was how it would be HER NINTH grandbaby? It's not a video clip on YouTube but something I noticed in one of the episodes of Counting On. I tried finding the congratulations video online but all I could come up with is this clip of them going on and on about their 8th grandbaby. It's interesting they don't use the term "grandchild" but prefer the suffix "baby".

TRIGGER WARNING! I cued this video up to play at the most disgusting part. 

The PRESSURE Michelle puts on her kids to pump out 200 grandchildren disgusts me. How much of a failure will some of these kids feel if they or their wives can't meet her "requirement"?

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Marigold said:

Why is Michelle ALWAYS in That Green Shirt? 

She loves to thrift shop. Do they not sell shirts where she shops? 

It's like a sick obsession with That Green Shirt.  

JcPenny STILL has them!!

9 hours ago, BellyLaughter said:

Ummmm - if that's a first trimester bump I'm a monkeys uncle.... 

I had twins and it looks about a little bigger than my bump.

I call triplets.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 4
On 8/30/2017 at 11:52 AM, Lunera said:

I knew she was totally preggo, she and Anna were wearing that same ugly maternity dress. Austin is basically a dumb kid like Ben who knew nothing about sex or preventing pregnancies, like Jeremy. He really didn't think how this would affect a stunted 19 year old who was molested as a child?? She definitely needed time to adjust to being an independent adult first with a guy she started talking to less than a year ago.

I feel kinda bad for her, she's so dumb and immature. She's a new Sierra in the making. Oh, well...

Can't help thinking about her homeschooling her kids.      That's a Steve Carell to the tenth power, for me.

• Love 6

I didn't pick up on any unhappiness or disappointment in Jinger and Jeremy's congratulations video.  I will take it that the two of them have decided to wait to have kids.  They may say they are leaving it up to God, but, it's more likely that they are rationalizing that God gave them brains to make sound decisions about when they are ready.  From what we have seen Jinger trusts Jeremy and is agreement with him.  I don't think she'd arrive at that position on her own.  It sure is refreshing.  If it's anything else, then, I wish them the best and hope they will find a solution. 

I suppose congratulations are in order.  I wish mom an baby well.  Still, it's disappointing that the young woman doesn't have any other aspirations.  I'm hoping for all boys, of course.  Time to stop their tradition of making homemakers and child care providers out of little girls. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 21
On 8/30/2017 at 8:52 PM, Oldernowiser said:

Your typical dog breeder spends far more time, thought, and effort into finding the right match for their bitch than the Duggars do in finding their "partner for life."

That's because the dog breeder cares about the quality, rather than the quantity, of the offspring. 

The Duggars, clearly, not so much.

• Love 21
9 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, back in my day (first time I've ever used that phrase...I am now officially old), a 19-year-old announcing a pregnancy was viewed as being an accident and/or something kinda sad because it meant the mom wouldn't have the chance to really enjoy being young and free to go to school, travel, meet lots of diverse people, try different jobs and move around before dealing with the realities of houses and babies and limits.

It still is, IMO.  Nothing against the innocent baby, of course...but children having children, especially since the Duggar girls are so immature, is still just...sad. Getting knocked up is not a vocation.

Seriously. I became unexpectedly pregnant at the age of 25; I had a degree and a long-term partner and I was still extremely nervous to tell my parents because I was so "young".

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

I'm waiting for the kid who hasn't fallen for the brainwashing. And who can therefore repeatedly go right up in Michelle's face and yell, "I haven't had any of your damn grandbabies yet! Not any! Not any! Not any! I have no intention of granting you 200 of anything, you self-obsessed bitch!" I'm hoping against hope that that kid will come along. Or, at least, that some of them will gain the sense not to feel in the least like failures if they don't "live up to" her crap demands. How about you, Jingle? 

AMEN!  Sometimes, I wonder if Jana has done that. (With her inner voice. lol)

• Love 16
20 hours ago, Mollie said:

Joy looks like she's gained 50 lbs. since her wedding.  That's usually a sign that someone is emotionally stressed and really unhappy.  

0 00 1 Joy pregnant.jpg

On the  other hand it might also mean she isn't being nagged to keep her weight down, is relaxed and, since she is "eating for two", feels justified in snarfing down whatever appeals to her. Hopefully she doesn't go too far with that. At least I would guess that she hasn't been suffering from too much morning sickness! My daughter (who is now just reaching the end of her first trimester and about ready to make her pregnancy public) actually lost a few pounds over the past couple of months since although she didn't actually get sick, found most food pretty unappetizing in general. Hope she's getting past that phase now!

• Love 16

She does look a little big for 3 months, unless she's having twins.  They don't get prenatal care with a doctor right?  So, they wouldn't know if she was carrying twins or not.

Honestly, this was all Joy was raised to do in life, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised that she's already pregnant. 

• Love 4

Part of what I do for a living is have clients reflect on repeated messages they've heard and/or said to themselves. We talk about recognizing both implicit and explicit messages. Then we work on undoing maladaptive and negative messages.

When I think of the Duggar children, Joy and Jinger included, I wonder what their inner voice is telling them. Is Joy outwardly thrilled and inwardly saying, "Oh fuck what have I done?" and is Jinger saying, "Am I going to hell if I don't produce a blessed army?"

It takes a lot of work to undo years of thinking and behaving in certain ways and even more so with the fear of God looming over you. So I'm wondering who is more comfortable in their own skin right now, Joy or Jinger? (keeping in mind we really don't know why Jing isn't pregnant yet)

• Love 18
11 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Okay, back in my day (first time I've ever used that phrase...I am now officially old), a 19-year-old announcing a pregnancy was viewed as being an accident and/or something kinda sad because it meant the mom wouldn't have the chance to really enjoy being young and free to go to school, travel, meet lots of diverse people, try different jobs and move around before dealing with the realities of houses and babies and limits.

It still is, IMO.  Nothing against the innocent baby, of course...but children having children, especially since the Duggar girls are so immature, is still just...sad. Getting knocked up is not a vocation.

THIS!!!!!  I am kinda loving the bolded.  I may be using it in the future!

• Love 7
13 hours ago, TeaInTheMoment said:

It's not like Mechelle cares about children , she only wants babies 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

On the  other hand it might also mean she isn't being nagged to keep her weight down, is relaxed and, since she is "eating for two", feels justified in snarfing down whatever appeals to her. Hopefully she doesn't go too far with that. At least I would guess that she hasn't been suffering from too much morning sickness! My daughter (who is now just reaching the end of her first trimester and about ready to make her pregnancy public) actually lost a few pounds over the past couple of months since although she didn't actually get sick, found most food pretty unappetizing in general. Hope she's getting past that phase now!

Congratulations for your daughter.  In Joy's case, I think all teenage pregnancies are very sad.  At least Joy will be 20 before the baby is born. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Joy outwardly thrilled and inwardly saying, "Oh fuck what have I done?"

I wonder about this too.  She started courting, got engaged, married, first kiss, lost virginity, and got pregnant in what, in a year?  She had no real opportunity to enjoy any of these times in her life.  Now she's 19 and pregnant.  Holy f*ck.  Based upon this all of this, the rest of her life is pretty much predetermined.   These folks aren't even "normal" fundies.  They are Quiverfull.  That's a whole different level.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

is Jinger saying, "Am I going to hell if I don't produce a blessed army?"

This thought just makes me sad.  I seriously hope they are just waiting.  But, I guess it doesn't help that every time she Skypes with her breeder-sisters, she is probably asked: "are you pregnant yet?" Either answer is bad for her: no, because I can't get pregnant or no, we are waiting.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Congratulations for your daughter.  In Joy's case, I think all teenage pregnancies are very sad.  At least Joy will be 20 before the baby is born. 

Thanks...we are all thrilled In my daughter's case, she is 30 and has been married for almost 6 years. She was waiting pretty much until she turned 30 and finished her master's degree, which happened the same week...and two weeks after that she told us she was pregnant, so it must not have taken much "trying" LOL

• Love 11