Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

I'm not surprised or sad for anyone except any and all offspring those two have. I'm vaguely sad for the spirited tomboy Joy used to be, but for the past several years she's been the dimmest of bulbs who does nothing but repeat fundie platitudes with dead eyes; and considering that's what all her siblings do, it's pretty remarkable that THAT is her standout quality. 

Meh.

• Love 12

That announcement video made me so uncomfortable.  This poor child can barely string a sentence together, and has likely not had an original thought, like, ever, but is now going to be responsible for raising a human?  Of all the Duggar pregnancy announcements, this is the one that has made me feel a little sick.

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, Magoo said:

That announcement video made me so uncomfortable.  This poor child can barely string a sentence together, and has likely not had an original thought, like, ever, but is now going to be responsible for raising a human?  Of all the Duggar pregnancy announcements, this is the one that has made me feel a little sick.

Imagine how dumb her grandchildren will be, after two generations of half-assed home "schooling." 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wow. I want to throat punch both of them. Also, is there a reason you couldn't just, oh I dont know, JUST FREAKING CALL THEM?! This video isn't for joy and austin it's for these two plebes to get their faces in front of a camera. Ugh..

Please tell me they aren't going to have this child deliver a child at home with no real medical care? 

• Love 23

I think she's just short and big boobed. I probably looked just like that at the same point.  Her outfit looks ok at this point. 

I feel sorry for her and Austin though.  She's going from her first kiss to parenthood in 9 months, at 19.   They've barely spent any time alone and they never will now.  Exactly the problem with Jill and Derick, and Jill was 3 years older - and actually 3 years more mature.  I dont think Joy knows how to take care of a baby because I don't think she ever had to with the 4 older girls around. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 10

Hopefully Joy's in laws can help her since they all work together in the family biz.

One of the Duggar girls in their teens  will be dispatched to help Joy....unless Jana pulls rank and goes to The Fort since her garden is fallow...literally and metaphorically.

Who is the sister closest to Joy?

Just happy it isn't Jinger rocking the baby bump...yet...let one Duggar female be normal...for a while

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Heathen said:

And of course she'll have sister-mom Jilly as her midwife. 

And Jilly will get a chance to use her 'medical things" again. 

See I used the proper term this time, as I was soundly corrected the last time! LOL 

• Love 22
6 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

One of the Duggar girls in their teens  will be dispatched to help Joy....unless Jana pulls rank and goes to The Fort since her garden is fallow...literally and metaphorically.

Who is the sister closest to Joy?

The closest unmarried sister is Johannah, who turns twelve in October. :( The closest married sister is Jinger. 

• Love 1

Wow. How sad. They married at the end of May, so assuming they waited 3 months to announce, it's a honeymoon baby. Well guess at 19 and 23 (24?) they've experienced all the life they need to experience. I mean life should be about pushing out 10 lb babies with no medical care and changing diapers 24-7. And Austin will be fine -- I mean his dad made him flip 5 (or 6 or 10 - can't remember now) houses to get himself ready for the next stage of life. And he flipped houses like a fiend bc as his groomsman said at the wedding, all Austin wants in life is marriage and raising Christian babies. So the fact that he got a girl to marry him and got it up on his honeymoon means life is now accomplished. Hope he stays content with his life choices unlike say Derick and Bin who can't even feign happiness despite their gushing 2 yrs prior that this is also the only thing they wanted in life.

• Love 22

IMO I feel like Joy could better be described as "statuesque" than "slim" per se... not fat but "solid" (I understand that as these are not easily quantifiable parts of my internal lexicon, your mileage may differ, lol).  Thus I wouldn't necessarily say she "has to" have been knocked up before her wedding.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

The closest unmarried sister is Johannah, who turns twelve in October. :( The closest married sister is Jinger. 

Actually not exactly. Johannah is the closest younger sister. Jinger is the closest older sister. She's about 4 years younger than Jinger and 8 years older than Johannah. Jessa is actually closer in age at 5 years older. I think she's closer in age to all of her older sisters than her younger ones. 

43 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Cheeses Chris - is that a gold framed photo of Michelle and Jim Bob kissing?

No it's a picture of them kissing Jinger on her wedding day. 

Edited by Temperance

I don't really think that Joy was ever all that interested in marriage and children. Now, however, she has achieved what is supposed to be the pinnacle of her life and, like Jill, she will have gone from courtship to marriage to motherhood in about a year. I see a crash coming for her, just like it did for Jill. She may not have as far to fall because she was never that excited or into it, but I think it will be rough for her, too.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, CatS said:

I have a feeling Joy will have the most kids, at least out of all the older girls. Young, fertile, and dumb, with a seemingly staunch, rigid, super religious husband. Poor baby. 

This. Joy also seems very physically into Austin; I know she defrauded some of the leghumpers with all the PDA at the after show thing.

joy-anna-duggar-on-austin-forsyth.gif

I see a whole lot of minigolf humping in their future, and a gaggle of kids. I'll bet good money that Grandma Forsyth will move in and become their Grandma Duggar, because God is giving her the full quiver she never had via her son and his bride /s.

• Love 16

Blech. In general.

STFU, Mullet and Boob. Just go away. Even your green blouse is breaking out in hives.

Henry looks like Joshley, poor kid.

Spurgie needs Birth to Three (speech therapy), and probably won't get it.

STOP with the Yaying. And stop teaching the next generation to Yay.

• Love 5

If I was Joy, I'd be scared shitless. Her two sisters have had 4 children, 4 large babies, and 3 awful birth stories between them. None of her siblings appear to have particularly happy marriages -- except for possibly Jinger, who doesn't appear to be knocked up yet. The pool of j-slaves at the TTH is drying up, and she might well be expected to care for her own child -- and I don't think she has a "heart for children."

At least Austin has (right now) some visible means of support, and isn't talking about his "heart for the ministry."

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, ChaChaSlide said:

This. Joy also seems very physically into Austin; I know she defrauded some of the leghumpers with all the PDA at the after show thing.

joy-anna-duggar-on-austin-forsyth.gif

I see a whole lot of minigolf humping in their future, and a gaggle of kids. I'll bet good money that Grandma Forsyth will move in and become their Grandma Duggar, because God is giving her the full quiver she never had via her son and his bride /s.

I watched this, and thought it was kind of gross an inappropriate, and moved on. I thought about it later, though, and thought "what is their problem?" These people yammer non-stop about their "modesty" and this is about as far from "modest" as you can get without dry-humping on the mini-putt course.

So this happened. It's no big deal -- they're horny teenagers -- but why post it?

They are obesessed with what other people are doing in the privacy of their own homes, or in a closed bathroom stall, but think that this is something that is amusing and adorable to post in public? They're just revolting.

• Love 19
21 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

I've angered lots of pickles leg humpers so I guess I'll bring my snark here...

Congrats! I angered Pickles so much that she blocked me. Long story that is off topic, but it says a lot about her. And this was two or three years ago now. She's really as bad as the Duggars' social media: my way or the highway. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Congrats! I angered Pickles so much that she blocked me. Long story that is off topic, but it says a lot about her. And this was two or three years ago now. She's really as bad as the Duggars' social media: my way or the highway. 

Haha exactly what happened ... I questioned her people got angry that I questioned her then got more angry that I had valid points lol now that whole thread is deleted as though no on thought to call pickles out on her hiposcracy. Who is she anyway?!

• Love 5

She started the page under her own name but said she was getting death threats. I know her name; I go back that far with her. If she has a personal FB page at this point. It was gone before she blocked me

Ugh. I can honestly say that this pregnancy announcement didn't fill me with happiness. I mostly just feel super sad that Joy wasn't given the oppotunity to grow up normally, date, socialize, play the field, go to college ... at 19 she's a wife and mom. And probably ... that's it for her from here on out. Sad sad sad. 

Did Joy and Austin move into that house Jim Bob bought with the indoor pool that Jill and Jessa went to look at? Or did they buy their own house somewhere?

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Temperance said:

She was married exactly three months ago.  I think they all show early.

It may be all that eating for two, gigantic bowl of ice cream that we're seeing.  I hope she invests in good bras.  She was already well endowed, and looks significantly larger at three months. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Temperance said:
8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

No it's a picture of them kissing Jinger on her wedding day. 

Whew. Still...enough already. Stop trying to slide back into the show.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Heathen said:

Imagine how dumb her grandchildren will be, after two generations of half-assed home "schooling." 

Mommy can we do math today?

Joy: No I ain't no good at that.

Oh god...

• Love 9

I hope Joy goes to the hospital to have this baby. out of the married Duggar girls, I think she is the LEAST likely to advocate for herself if she feels like something is wrong.

JillyMuffin needs to stay the hell away from Joys birth, she will wind up killing her with her terrible decision making. I really worry for Joy. I hope everything goes smoothly. 

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 11

I don't believe Joy can string 2 sentences together. Austin wrote the post, he's part of that dumb young Republicans group and it's his job to advertise his beliefs. If it had been Joy it would have read, "I'm pregnint ya'll. All babies want to get borned."

1ff3e24f-e6de-4b5c-8002-93dc5dd90904.jpg

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I don't believe Joy can string 2 sentences together. Austin wrote the post, he's part of that dumb young Republicans group and it's his job to advertise his beliefs. If it had been Joy it would have read, "I'm pregnint ya'll. All babies want to get borned."

That reminds me of this 

• Love 13
15 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Wow. I want to throat punch both of them. Also, is there a reason you couldn't just, oh I dont know, JUST FREAKING CALL THEM?! This video isn't for joy and austin it's for these two plebes to get their faces in front of a camera. Ugh..

Please tell me they aren't going to have this child deliver a child at home with no real medical care? 

Sickening.  These little congratulatory videos make me ill.  Same script, blah, blah, blah.  Oh, and it does look like they purposely include that kissy-face barf-worthy photo.  Ew.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, lianau said:

That reminds me of this 

Haha! I had the exact same thought. Can't remember whether I first saw that here or elsewhere, but I remember sharing it on Facebook afterwards. Too much funny and troublesome in equal proportions. 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Joy looks like she's gained 50 lbs. since her wedding.  That's usually a sign that someone is emotionally stressed and really unhappy.  

0 00 1 Joy pregnant.jpg

Her arms and face look the same as before. I think the weight gain is all in the chest and abdomen. Pregnancy hormones are hitting her hard (along with an arched back as taught by sister-mom Jill). 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, IntoTheMystic said:

Child: Mommy can we do math today?

Joy: No I ain't no good at that.

Child:  But I'm the only one who can't tell them how many siblings I have when they ask me in Sunday school. I'm sixteen years old and you still haven't taught me the double digits.

Joy:  Honestly, Austina Bobetty!! I have told you more than once that the correct answer to that question is 'I have as many siblings as the Lord has blessed me with.' And you know that I'm pregnant again and since we don't know yet if it's twins, you can't give an actual number because you could be lying if you do. 

Child: You can't count that high either, huh?  

:/

Austina Bobbetty...?

Edited by Annb67
  • Love 13