Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

Vitamin deficiency. A diet of processed crap and never any fresh fruits or vegetables can make your skin old before its time.

So true. A former co-worker of mine fed her kid nothing but crap and he looked young and ancient at the same time. It was so weird.

Joy looks happy, but she needs to put a couple pounds back on. Her body frame was never meant to be super skinny and she's getting that same lantern jaw that Jessa has. 

• Love 1

Lady Edith:  You are CORRECT. Isn't there a verse somewhere that states: "Do not forsake the Father for the Son"?  Even Jesus succumbed to the will of the Father in the Garden before his arrest and crucifixion. That should tell the Duggars something, shouldn't it?

• Love 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, Mojitogirl said:

I just gave a quick glance at that One for Israel ministry website, but am I understanding correctly that they are trying to convert Jews to Christianity????  I really don't understand the relationship of these Christians with Judaism (Jills kid is named Israel which would arguably be a heathen country if they are trying to convert the citizens). 

They're pushing for the Second Coming of Christ, when Jim Bub Duggar and company get their big reward -- being the lead in God's army ending the world and leading to the eternity when they all sit on God's right hand and truly lord it over the universe. Given the Duggs' participation in this kind of thing, they must be among the fundies who believe that the return of the Jews to that area after WWII fulfilled a biblical prophecy and was therefore a step on the road to the Second Coming. And the people who believe this generally think that the Jews living in that area will now convert to Christianity and rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem, where the Ark of the Covenant was -- it held the stone tablets with the Ten Commandments on them. That's believed to be one of the final triggers for the Second Coming and the end of the world. ....

Now how much of the detail of this theory the Duggs embrace is hard to tell, especially because they're pretty fuzzy thinkers. But this is the general story behind some fundies being hot hot hot to convert Jews, especially Israeli Jews, and behind other interests, such as the push for U.S. presidents to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv. All steps on the road to the big finish that they hope is coming soon. They really do see themselves as part of something extremely large -- large as the whole universe and the final battle between good and evil -- and that feeling of being part of the biggest "mission" of all is the theological part of their zeal to convert convert convert and minister minister minister but not do anything else that we'd consider "practical." Also, I think Satan is viewed as being busy building fortresses in their various hearts -- I'm looking at you, Prince Joshley -- because he knows that they're high up there among potential soldiers for God in that final battle so he's especially anxious to bring them down. That's why they're under attack by the devil when something goes wrong in their lives whereas when something goes wrong in my atheist life it's God hitting me upside the head and warning me that, unless I change, I'll be eternally frying along with Lucifer after the Duggars help him win the big battle.

In my opinion, besides this set of beliefs the other things behind the Duggs' missioning and converting fervor are ego and laziness. But they clearly don't see it that way.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
On 6/30/2017 at 3:54 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I guess we'll find out when they air the honeymoon episode. There's still about two weeks in between Switzerland and Isreal. Where in the world were they? Austria, retracing the steps of the von Trapps? Germany? Who knows, really. I don't think there is two weeks worth of site-seeing in such a small country as Israel, and it's not as if they would head over the border to Palestine. Nope. 

FWIW, you could easily spend a month in Israel and not see everything. I spent 6 weeks there as a teenager, and yes, some of my time was padded by camping in the Negev for a week, and spending a week on a Kibbutz, but there's tons of history and places to visit. 

Then again, that would require you to have an appreciation for history and art, and I'm not sure Joy and Austin have the brain cells....

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

They're pushing for the Second Coming of Christ, when Jim Bub Duggar and company get their big reward -- being the lead in God's army ending the world and leading to the eternity when they all sit on God's right hand and truly lord it over the universe. Given the Duggs' participation in this kind of thing, they must be among the fundies who believe that the return of the Jews to that area after WWII fulfilled a biblical prophecy and was therefore a step on the road to the Second Coming. And the people who believe this generally think that the Jews living in that area will now convert to Christianity and rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem, where the Ark of the Covenant was -- it held the stone tablets with the Ten Commandments on them. That's believed to be one of the final triggers for the Second Coming and the end of the world. ....

Now how much of the detail of this theory the Duggs embrace is hard to tell, especially because they're pretty fuzzy thinkers. But this is the general story behind some fundies being hot hot hot to convert Jews, especially Israeli Jews, and behind other interests, such as the push for U.S. presidents to move the U.S. embassy to Jerusalem from Tel Aviv. All steps on the road to the big finish that they hope is coming soon. They really do see themselves as part of something extremely large -- large as the whole universe and the final battle between good and evil -- and that feeling of being part of the biggest "mission" of all is the theological part of their zeal to convert convert convert and minister minister minister but not do anything else that we'd consider "practical." Also, I think Satan is viewed as being busy building fortresses in their various hearts -- I'm looking at you, Prince Joshley -- because he knows that they're high up there among potential soldiers for God in that final battle so he's especially anxious to bring them down. That's why they're under attack by the devil when something goes wrong in their lives whereas when something goes wrong in my atheist life it's God hitting me upside the head and warning me that, unless I change, I'll be eternally frying along with Lucifer after the Duggars help him win the big battle.

In my opinion, besides this set of beliefs the other things behind the Duggs' missioning and converting fervor are ego and laziness. But they clearly don't see it that way.

Revelations has a lot to answer for.  Looking at you, John. 

• Love 3

The Seventh Day Adventist are famous for their Relevations Seminars! I attended one, several nights a week for several weeks, and was so impressed and terrified that I got baptized into the church.  That's at the age of 23 and being Catholic my whole life, including Catholic school.

My husband was born and raised SDA, including schooling and college.  His entire life, all he ever heard was about the second coming of Christ. He was always told it's just around the corner, and it has severely affected his motivation to get ahead in a career.

I am guessing the Duggar boys may feel the same, thus the drifting with no education or skills.

At least Austin doesn't work for JB yet! Hopefully he has motivation to be financially successful, in order to feed all of Joy's babies!

• Love 9
On 6/30/2017 at 4:08 PM, awaken said:

That is incredibly wierd, given she could barely touch her fiancé, his son. Yet she can jiggle her FIL's belly.  Like it's no biggie. 

Yes it is very weird.  A little too familiar there Joy!  It gave me pause.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, you're correct. And their main concentration is HOLOCAUST SURVIVORS. I can't even...

I don't think they were trying to convert Holocaust survivors.  The average age of an Israeli Holocaust survivor is 87.  Most were children during the Holocaust; all immigrated to Israel.  They came from many different countries and speak many different languages.  Joy and Austin wouldn't even be able to communicate with them.

The itinerary for their tour says they would spend a short time "serving and distributing food to elderly and Holocaust survivors."  This was probably at a center that provides social activities and lunch for senior citizens.  There are a few other Christian groups that help with this, too, and they don't try to convert people. 

That said, there is freedom of religion in Israel and Christians represent about 2% of the population.  The Christianity in Israel is very different from Duggar Christianity.  It is mostly Greek Orthodox.    

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, louannems said:

The Seventh Day Adventist are famous for their Relevations Seminars! I attended one, several nights a week for several weeks, and was so impressed and terrified that I got baptized into the church.  That's at the age of 23 and being Catholic my whole life, including Catholic school.

My husband was born and raised SDA, including schooling and college.  His entire life, all he ever heard was about the second coming of Christ. He was always told it's just around the corner, and it has severely affected his motivation to get ahead in a career.

Yeah, I've got family members (plain old evangelicals) who have spent some 40-plus years dolorously intoning at me "we are truly living in the End Times..."  I'm pretty sure I figured out 30-plus years ago that that doesn't do anything to save any of us from having to live in the here-and-now, but these are the always-SAHM hausfraus of the family who have never had to work outside of the home a day in their lives, so it's not surprising.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

They came from many different countries and speak many different languages.  Joy and Austin wouldn't even be able to communicate with them.

*cough* Derick and Jill *cough*

• Love 2
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, Lunera said:

https://m.facebook.com/oneforIsrael/photos/a.249252511759382.67980.244347532249880/1822262114458406/?type=3&source=54

Looks like Austin and Joy are playing missionaries in Israel. One for Israel ministry spread the word of Christ in Isreal to Jews and Arabs, according to their website.

68743d65-82df-4b03-96df-94dfbfc16e7f.jpg

I wonder if the next leg of this honeymoon is to go to Ireland & try to convert Catholics or maybe go to Northern Ireland.  I'm sure the Northern Irish aren't the correct flavor of Christianity for the Duggars & need conversation too.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don't really see that working out for you Jim Bob. In fact, I bet you and your wife will probably end up somewhere a lot warmer.

• Love 6
(edited)
53 minutes ago, andromeda331 said:

I don't really see that working out for you Jim Bob. In fact, I bet you and your wife will probably end up somewhere a lot warmer.

If there is any justice in the universe yes, they will end up there.

And Josh will be their neighbor.

Edited by Chicklet
  • Love 6
On July 1, 2017 at 3:38 PM, Mollie said:

Here's a picture of Joy and Austin on their honeymoon.  They posted this on Instagram, stating that it was their one-month wedding anniversary.  That's a long honeymoon for a Duggar!  In the picture, they are at Lake Kinneret in the HaGalil region of Israel. This is the lowest fresh-water lake in the world, and the second lowest lake in the world (second only to the Dead Sea).  The lake is fed by underground springs and by the Jordan River which runs through the lake from north to south.

0 00 1 Joy.jpg

Looks like Joy is gaining back a little bit of the weight that she starved off.  Until it's proven wrong, I will continue to think that Austin is good for her.

On July 2, 2017 at 0:55 AM, JoanArc said:

"The best way to bless Israel is with Jesus" avpccirubg to Austin's swag necklace.

It's just so precious how Evangelicals take ownership of Jesus.  They seem to think they will introduce Israel to Jesus and his ways. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Chicklet said:

If there is any justice in the universe yes, they will end up there.

And Josh will be their neighbor.

See I think ideal eternal fate would be for them to have to confront endlessly how ordinary, mundane  and un-special they  both actually are.  Josh could be toasty though. 

On 7/2/2017 at 10:26 PM, Lady Edith said:

Dear LORD.  There is so much wrong with this.

2. God is God.  The top dog.  The head cheese.  Says so as numero uno in "the Big 10" that they supposedly follow.  They seemed to have forgotten that little fact along the way.  Jesus may have come along and changed the rules a bit but his father is still the reigning head.  It seems to me that the Duggars and their ilk put the son ahead of the father.  Rarely a mention of God, but everything for Jesus.  And the Jews (who worship the same God as Christians do) I'm sure do not take lightly to that.  

@Mojitogirl 

That's not what they believe.  "God" isn't the head honcho. The basic concept of their brand of Christianity is based on the triad... Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are of the same essence. They may praise Jesus more than God, but only because in their minds, Jesus and God are one in the same because of the Trinity makes them co-equal.  

• Love 4
3 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

That's not what they believe.  "God" isn't the head honcho. The basic concept of their brand of Christianity is based on the triad... Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are of the same essence. They may praise Jesus more than God, but only because in their minds, Jesus and God are one in the same because of the Trinity makes them co-equal.  

And the 'holy spirit' is a great excuse to have, or not have, a conscience. It's a great stand in for I want to..., I think..., or I feel...

• Love 2

Read somewhere that these two will admit that they didn't stick to their courtship rules. Of course that makes everyone imagine that they touched or kissed (gasp!). It'll probably be an unmonitored text or something really stupid. 

2 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Read somewhere that these two will admit that they didn't stick to their courtship rules. Of course that makes everyone imagine that they touched or kissed (gasp!). It'll probably be an unmonitored text or something really stupid. 

It was the engagement sort-of front hug. Someone has already seen tonight's episode, and this is discussed. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

It was the engagement sort-of front hug. Someone has already seen tonight's episode, and this is discussed. 

OMG. They had a "sort of front hug. Before marriage." Call the authorities. Sheesh. 

• Love 10

Oh my goodness, Jill and Derick did the almost front hug at the airport prior to engagement, Jessa and Ben held hands during prayer and did a full frontal hug when he asked her to marry him, and they confessed to unsupervised texts and Jinger and Jeremy were never more than a half inch apart during their entire relationship up until marriage. These people need to watch their own footage. Joy's almost frontal hug is not show worthy at all.

At least none of the girls were filmed doing hand-sex like Anna & Josh though, we don't need flashback footage of that.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh my goodness, Jill and Derick did the almost front hug at the airport prior to engagement, Jessa and Ben held hands during prayer and did a full frontal hug when he asked her to marry him, and they confessed to unsupervised texts and Jinger and Jeremy were never more than a half inch apart during their entire relationship up until marriage. These people need to watch their own footage. Joy's almost frontal hug is not show worthy at all.

At least none of the girls were filmed doing hand-sex like Anna & Josh though, we don't need flashback footage of that.

True, but J'Chelle's head just about exploded during those two incidents. Not that her head exploding is a bad thing ... aw, crap ... all right. I have rented a luxury bus to take us all to hell. There is a bunch of us going anyway. I'll bring the Pinot Grigio.

• Love 12
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

Who knew Joy was such a horn dog 

And Austin doesn't seem to enjoy being kissed by Joy.

ETA - if I was Joy, that's not a picture that I would put on the internet.  Nothing says romance, like your new husband looking like he's turned off by you.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 16
55 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

He looks like he's rearing away from her ^^

Only his top half......his bottom half is totally (tm Jill) on board.

Her hair would look so cute cut up where it is on her right shoulder. I put my hand over the left scraggle and I think she looks so nice.

• Love 3

I don't know if Joy wanted that photo shared. It isn't her/their account. She obviously didn't take those pictures. Since it looks like the interview, possibly TLC took those photos?  It looks awkward to me. He is holding her. I scrolled through the rest. 

Why is that picture/pictures tagged #goals?  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, RedheadZombie said:

I thought this was Jessa - until I noticed she was kissing Austin. 

So did I! Actually, since I thought it was Jessa, I also thought that was Ben, and looked at the picture for ages trying to figure out how he'd made a face that left him looking so unlike himself before I worked it out!

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I don't know if Joy wanted that photo shared. It isn't her/their account. She obviously didn't take those pictures. Since it looks like the interview, possibly TLC took those photos?  It looks awkward to me. He is holding her. I scrolled through the rest. 

Why is that picture/pictures tagged #goals?  

Better to wonder who termed it "CUTENESS.  OVERLOAD", lol.  My definition would not be that picture.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Who knew Joy was such a horn dog 

she's gotta have something

her life's been a vast depressing desert up to now ..... and probably will be again, although hopefully not too soon

• Love 1

I remember such similar pics of Jerick after the honeymoon- kissing, sitting in laps and such. And look how that turned out :(

On 7/24/2017 at 6:17 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Yet, she jiggled her FIL's belly casually before marriage!  And that's ok?!

• Love 3
(edited)

The Duggars pimping out the Forsyth camp. A good business deal for both. One less mouth to feed for Boob and endless advertising for the Forsyths.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 4

The pictures are screenshots from the last episode.  Usually screenshots look awkward because you're literally interrupting the scene.  IIRC Austin pulled back here, then did his own lunge once they were lip locked.  

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Lunera said:

The Duggars pimping out the Forsyth camp. A good business deal for both. One less mouth to feed for Boob and endless advertising for the Forsyths.

Probably lots of exciting, day-long sermon sessions!!  

• Love 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, awaken said:

Probably lots of exciting, day-long sermon sessions!!  

On how Godless the Gays, Feminists & Catholics are.  Be a manly Christian soldier & convert them!

Edited by ariel
  • Love 5

The Forsyth-Duggar alliance is good for both families. As much as they claim Joy and Austin were "friends for years", I think this was an arranged marriage. I wonder which one is more arranged: Joy/Austin or JoKen? Meaning, would either of these Duggar kids have chosen their spouse on their own without their fathers making an agreement? 

• Love 3