Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She probably isn't starving herself anymore like she obviously did before the wedding. She looks back to "normal" to me. 

That's what I was thinking...Joy never had a thin face with the prominent chin until the wedding starvation diet began. 

• Love 3

Joy goes dirtbiking in that godawful dress. Swipe through for a better look at it. She says in the comments that a "sister" (didn't specify which) bought it for her off of Amazon. From the looks of it, I'm guessing no-style Jill. 

I guess we can put the pregnancy talk to rest for a while; no way she'd be doing this for the first time if she was knocked up. 

Oh my.  That thing with the dress hiked up over the hump of the bike is not just immodest, it's obscene

ETA It's the second picture, where she is on her own bike, that's really disturbing me.

Edited by Genevrier
  • Love 9

Dirt biking in a dress is almost funny.  But it is sad, really because it is immodest if you are aiming to be modest.  And dangerous.  Her dress is rather close tp the wheel.  

Edited by Jellybeans
Added a line
  • Love 23
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Joy goes dirtbiking in that godawful dress. Swipe through for a better look at it. She says in the comments that a "sister" (didn't specify which) bought it for her off of Amazon. From the looks of it, I'm guessing no-style Jill. 

I guess we can put the pregnancy talk to rest for a while; no way she'd be doing this for the first time if she was knocked up. 

In a dress.....

I got nothing. ?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ya, I just thought it odd. Its not like the state building is a Starbucks or Walmart. :)

She seems to be drawn to architecture as a subject for her photography. Doesn't seem strange to me at all.

5 minutes ago, queenanne said:

I agree, there's no excuse for that.  I mean, Joy LIVES with Austin now.  He should've seen her putting that outfit on, and said nuh-uh, no way.  

They were at the AR statehouse earlier in the day. Why didn't someone have the sense to realize that Joy needed to change? Austin did.

• Love 3

It would look better with leggings. I doubt she owns any non-legging pants. As Arwen said, I like the helmets and I really like that she has knee pads on and proper footwear. (Better seen in the second picture.) Have we seen her wear pants without either a skirt or a dress? I know she prefered skirts and tops, but promised to wear dresses because that's what Austin likes. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I know she prefered skirts and tops, but promised to wear dresses because that's what Austin likes. 

I think Austin is a total prick if he wants her to do sporty outdoor activities with him & at the same time wants her to wear a dress or a skirt.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

She seems to be drawn to architecture as a subject for her photography. Doesn't seem strange to me at all.

They were at the AR statehouse earlier in the day. Why didn't someone have the sense to realize that Joy needed to change? Austin did.

I think Austin just took off his dress shirt and he went riding in his undershirt. NIKE! The pants look the same.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The original picture wasn't showing up for me, so I couldn't compare pants. Now I can see that he went dirt biking in dress pants. 

Do these kids have two brain cells between them?

Nope.

And they are soon to be reproducing.

• Love 10

It's not necessarily stupidity, more like immaturity.  Plenty of kids have come home and said I want to go out and play only to be told by their parents to change out of their "good" clothes before going out. 

• Love 3

I kept quiet when they wore dresses to do everything from hiking to construction but I just had the worst mental image of Joy's dress getting caught in the back wheel of that bike and mangling her body to death.  There are some things you absolutely need to take precautions with and throw modesty aside.  This is definitely one of them. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I kept quiet when they wore dresses to do everything from hiking to construction but I just had the worst mental image of Joy's dress getting caught in the back wheel of that bike and mangling her body to death.  There are some things you absolutely need to take precautions with and throw modesty aside.  This is definitely one of them. 

Remember they are the Duggars and The Duggars are Gods right hand so you know nothing will ever ever ever bad happen to them because they are the only perfect family on Earth 

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The original picture wasn't showing up for me, so I couldn't compare pants. Now I can see that he went dirt biking in dress pants. 

Do these kids have two brain cells between them?

Nope. Not one. 

• Love 2

I easily found Joy and Anna's floral/striped dress on Amazon.  It cost $15.99 and is HAND WASH ONLY!  Such a cheap dress will most likely fall apart in the wash and I cannot imagine Joy nor Anna taking the time to hand wash a dress!  I've never hand washed a dress.  Gentle cycle, line dry only.

• Love 2
On 8/20/2017 at 6:00 AM, GeeGolly said:

And how did she modestly get on the bike?

Jesus lifted her up about five feet, moved her about a foot to the left, and gently dropped her down. 

That's why it's so great to put your faith in the correct Jesus. He's helpful like that. 

On 8/20/2017 at 5:05 PM, ariel said:

I think Austin is a total prick if he wants her to do sporty outdoor activities with him & at the same time wants her to wear a dress or a skirt.

Prick or idiot? Prick or idiot? Prick or idiot? .... So hard to decide. But I'm gonna say both. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 22

Maybe the photos were just staged posed and they weren't actually riding? They are just sitting on the bikes in both pictures, with feet on the ground...

As a female motorcycle passenger (on my Headship's Honda Shadow, I haven't gotten around to learning yet and saving for my own bike), I agree wearing a dress is a terrible decision. From a safety and modesty standpoint as already mentioned. Hopefully she did have leggings on underneath. I can say from experience it is wise to have your legs covered. I burned my leg on the tailpipe once; it got infected, and left a scar on my leg that only now three years later has started to fade... It was NOT FUN.

Also, I would suggest to Joy Anna to put her hair up or in a braid. I have waist length hair too (that I actually take care of) and the wind from riding can really put it in a terrible knotted mess fast if you don't.

I'll add my thumbs up too though on the helmets. Atleast there's that...

PS. Admittedly, my headship and I did once drive (a short distance) to a Celtic festival on his motorcycle, both of us in kilts. So much Nike it's fun to think how the Duggars would have reacted to that!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Booey said:

PS. Admittedly, my headship and I did once drive (a short distance) to a Celtic festival on his motorcycle, both of us in kilts. So much Nike it's fun to think how the Duggars would have reacted to that!

Considering "what they don't wear beneath their kilts", that could have been very Nike!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Considering "what they don't wear beneath their kilts", that could have been very Nike!

Nothing is worn, everything is in perfect working order. ;-)

(Do I get sent to the prayer closet for that? I have never been!)

• Love 3
57 minutes ago, Booey said:

Nothing is worn, everything is in perfect working order. ;-)

(Do I get sent to the prayer closet for that? I have never been!)

You're always welcome to visit the PC. It's often crowded and there's plenty of food and libations.

• Love 5

I guess he's posting because backlash for his young Republicans conference post. Maybe it's time to give Joy her phone and let her post cutesy pictures instead of Austin's dumb crap. He reminds a lot of Bin.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 4
On 8/20/2017 at 11:26 AM, Lunera said:

Half of the comments are telling her how dangerous riding with a dress is and that she should get proper gear. 

But JESUS is always keeping them safe no need for proper gear.

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Hmmm, does Austin be pray for the female political leaders?

I think he was praying for Hillary - to lose the election.  ;)

Edited by ariel
  • Love 4
13 minutes ago, trimthatfat said:

I can't believe Joy went biking in a dress. That is just so unbelievably stupid and dangerous.

On one episode of 19 Kids and Counting, Boob went snorkeling in jeans and a polo! Clothes get heavy when wet, so that was unsafe.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

On one episode of 19 Kids and Counting, Boob went snorkeling in jeans and a polo! Clothes get heavy when wet, so that was unsafe.

The Duggars & the risk they take - the outdoor sporty things in inappropriate clothing & child birth without a professional person present will come back to bite them.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I think Austin is a dead ringer for the Canadian actor Erik Knudsen, from the sci-fi show Continuum. I love Continuum, so it's weird to associate it with the Duggars...

NUP_170251_0701.jpg

I think Erik is very handsome.  Pale & pasty Austin - no

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

If Joe's wedding is this weekend, they can open the season with it. They had about as much lead time to get Joy's on air. 

Why are they showing the wedding first and then all the shopping and other stuff before it,  it was annoying enough to see it once with Jinger and then repeating with a Joy and the Joe...new Duggar template? I'd happily settle for a VSE like they did with SmugAnna.

• Love 2

But but but they do things a little bit "different!!!!!!!111" 

Don't shoot the messenger or say I didn't warn y'all! Even the leghumpers are making some minor noise about the Benjamin Buttons timelines. 

• Love 7