Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

He could have moved Joy in there.  Look at the dump the Wallers moved into, and they had two little kids!  Maybe Joy's future will be living in and updating dumps until they can be flipped, and then moving on to the next.

They didn't move into the dump though . They rented a place until the house was ready .

Looks like the addition is a mud/laundry room. I think the house has the potential to be cute. Many houses in my area, New England, have only one bathroom and are very nice and quite expensive.

• Love 6

Given it's on an acre they could build another addition. It's pretty awful. The first set of the brightly colored rooms don't look that bad to me. Or at least not as bad as the pictures Mollie showed. (That last one with the plywood is the worst!)  I'm also from New England and haven't seen too many one bathroom houses. Usually at least one and a half baths. 

• Love 1
On 6/20/2017 at 2:28 PM, Clemgo3165 said:

That upset me too. I was glad that Austin kept pressing her about what she wanted. She's still young and comes from a controlled environment. She's probably been taught that submissiveness, so I'm glad that Austin cared enough to ask her several times about her wishes.

He seemed more annoyed with her than actually giving a shit. 

On 6/21/2017 at 5:38 AM, Fostersmom said:

It could be Austin knew she wanted to wear her hair in a braid, but was talked out of it by someone. Jessa, the wedding planner, Jill. 

Jessa 100%! That's my vote.

• Love 3
On 6/22/2017 at 10:08 PM, PikaScrewChu said:

Marriage was a seemingly impossible goal for any of the J'slaves until recently. They probably were barely exposed to the idea. JB had to save the show somehow. JB would have not married off his daughters had they been able to get away with showing more dental visits, more putting Duggars in restaurants, a trip to Africa with the freakshow...

Don't forget that JB got moving on the marriages when he realized the Bates girls & Zach were starting to marry. No way was he having Gil win the bridal wars.

• Love 3
(edited)

Found this picture on Tumblr. Apparently the blonde woman on the right is, Rachel Forsyth, Austin's half-sister. She's the fathers daughter from a previous relationship.

91f6e915-7f43-4ee2-a42b-da49c6f3dc09.jpg

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 1

The half sister is the only one wearing the right shoes.....PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIP? What's the story with Austin's dad? He has no right to insist that his children lead such a strict, restrictive lifestyle. Who is this nice young lady?

• Love 17

I had a life. But now that I'm having kids I'm older and I figure my chances for living, growing and having fun are basically over. So now I get my kicks out of preventing you kids from having lives! Because meanness is sweet and sometimes even more fun than fun! Plus, I can pretend that I'm doing it for your own good and because God says so! 

Now, for all I know, Forsyth's story is one of a first marriage that ended tragically with his wife's death. It probably is. However, the above scenario? -- I'll eat my hat if it's not what goes on with Jizm Bob and Meeeechelle and many others in the lock-down-the-kids crowd. I've seen the satisfaction some people get out of it in real life, and to me it's a dead cert that plenty of the Gothard crowd and so on relish that same satisfaction. Jerks. 

• Love 11
(edited)

I looked at her Facebook, one of her daughters was a flower girl but there are no pictures of Austin or the sister. She teaches Zumba and doesn't seem fundy. I found no mention of her mother either so it could be she passed away.

Screenshot_20170624-145221.thumb.jpg.7cd6b61705f01ca7ad163e2f31f83378.jpgScreenshot_20170624-145940-921x1841.thumb.jpg.9f2f47f6d859c902cfea41d250b9ec91.jpg

Edited by Lunera
7 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

That looks like the house where they filmed the gruesome brother/sister scenes in Season 1 of True Detective.

Even crack heads and druggies would say...that place is too gross to do drugs there...

You're right.  They probably just manufactured drugs there.  It looks like a former meth lab to me.

That house is so remote that it isn't even on a sewer system.  It has a septic tank.

• Love 1

Teaching Zumba makes sense, that girl is in great shape from the looks of her biceps in that group shot. 

She obviously stays FAR away from the family, because nobody Dugger adjacent is going to make their living from fitness.  Even Jeremy is a has-been at this point.  

But it looks like she lives in Alabama, so the Fort Rock contingent can easily ignore her.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

Found this picture on Tumblr. Apparently the blonde woman on the right is, Rachel Forsyth, Austin's half-sister. She's the fathers daughter from a previous relationship.

I'm not a photography person, but shouldn't Mom Forsyth be standing  on the other side of Dad F?  Maybe by standing this way she could hold onto her headship in the true Fundie fashion. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Lunera said:

Previous relationship??  Tell me more!  How is that possible?!  Before he found the lord?  

• Love 2

*shudder*  Jeez, just looking at the shots of that "church" gives me the creeps. 

How can anybody get married in front of backdrops that look like "Children of the Corn" meets "The Blair Witch Project"?  Especially those weird dangling things.  

Though I imagine nobody in that group has seen either movie.  

• Love 13
10 hours ago, awaken said:

Previous relationship??  Tell me more!  How is that possible?!  Before he found the lord?  

Yeah, if that is phrasing @Lunera found in the wild that was decided upon by the person posting pictures, it doesn't sound like marriage, because I think you'd say "first marriage" if that was the case.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Mollie said:

You're right.  They probably just manufactured drugs there.  It looks like a former meth lab to me.

That house is so remote that it isn't even on a sewer system.  It has a septic tank.

Even so, it's more than Bin would be able to provide on his own for Jessa and the kids.

• Love 9
14 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Maybee..... Austin bought that house for the land and they will tear it down and build new...... ?

too much wishful thinking?

You can buy a remote acre of land for $500 in Arkansas.  Austin paid $69,250 for that dump.  The house has an asphalt roof and Masonite siding.  It was poorly constructed to begin with and now the house is 54 years old.  

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Mollie said:

You can buy a remote acre of land for $500 in Arkansas.  Austin paid $69,250 for that dump.  The house has an asphalt roof and Masonite siding.  It was poorly constructed to begin with and now the house is 54 years old.  

yikes =/ 

• Love 1

If he, personally, has already flipped 5 houses, then he may know more about this house and how to fix it up than what we can tell from the pictures. If his flips are like the Duggar Bros, bought & orchestrated by daddy, then who knows what's going on in his head or who decided this was a good purchase.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

Land is cheap as chips in AR because most people just don't want to live there.  Paying that much for the crack house is crazy.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, ariel said:
2 hours ago, Mollie said:

Land is cheap as chips in AR because most people just don't want to live there.  Paying that much for the crack house is crazy.

$500/acre properties must be privately sold because I did a Zillow search for Washington County and all the acreage listed was pretty expensive. All the homes available at that price point needed as much fixing up as Austin's house needs. House prices are about the same there as they are for my little corner of Idaho, not that most people want to live here, either.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, Nysha said:

If he, personally, has already flipped 5 houses, then he may know more about this house and how to fix it up than what we can tell from the pictures. If his flips are like the Duggar Bros, bought & orchestrated by daddy, then who knows what's going on in his head or who decided this was a good purchase.

I seriously doubt that Austin asked for advice from Jim Bob & Co.  He bought that dump house one month before the wedding.  Austin does not have a real estate license, and has never taken the required courses to obtain one.  He's doing this by the seat of his pants and could very easily find himself upside down in that property. 

Other recent sales don't support the price Austin paid for that house.  For example, the picture below is of a nearby home with three bedrooms, two full bathrooms and two 1/2 bathrooms, and an attached two-car garage.  The home was built in 1985 (20 years younger than Austin's house) and it sold in May for $37,000. Austin's house has no garage.

Another nearby home sold in March for $57,600.  That home is on 1/2 acre, has three bedrooms and one bathroom, a detached garage, and 1,280 sq. ft.

The two comparison houses are located in a nearby small town.  Austin's house is not in a neighborhood and is in an unincorporated area without sewer lines and probably without cable, judging from the satellite dish on the roof.

0 0 1 Joy.jpg

• Love 1

I live in an area where we have houses, both large and small, dating back to the 1700's, and my childhood home was built in 1909. These older homes, when restored, are much more beautiful and full of character then many of the modern day Mcmansions, IMHO.  We lost our home, built in the 40s, to a weather event. We now live in a brand new home. I miss my 70+ year old home.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

They weren't lying when they said they were taking a long honeymoon.

The long honeymoon isn't as surprising as the #loveyouforeverandalwaysbabe....it's been a month!

• Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

!!!!!!!

Good lord! He's out of his mind. I was thinking maybe 20-something and that I wouldn't have bought it for that. Wow. Anybody who finds that out about Austin is going to see him from a mile away as a sucker just waiting to be fleeced. .... 

ETA: Not that I know about Arkansas. But I recently sold a house in what's at least reputed to be a more economically viable and desirable location than NW Ark. So I've looked at a ton of house prices -- and that house? Whooo. I can't even imagine getting half that price for it in the neighborhood where I was selling. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, Lunera said:

They weren't lying when they said they were taking a long honeymoon.

Good God! When Husband and I got married 30 years ago tomorrow, both of us worked real jobs. We both too 2 weeks off. We each went back to work the Monday after our wedding. I do not recall us ever being in Israel to celebrate our 1 month anniversary. Just sayin'.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

!!!!!!!

Good lord! He's out of his mind. I was thinking maybe 20-something and that I wouldn't have bought it for that. Wow. Anybody who finds that out about Austin is going to see him from a mile away as a sucker just waiting to be fleeced. .... 

ETA: Not that I know about Arkansas. But I recently sold a house in what's at least reputed to be a more economically viable and desirable location than NW Ark. So I've looked at a ton of house prices -- and that house? Whooo. I can't even imagine getting half that price for it in the neighborhood where I was selling. 

And in my area that would be considered a decent buy. Real Estate in this country is all over the place. My friend is moving and trying to buy in the Boston area and just looked at a cape style home, 3 bed, 1 bath, partially updated, priced at nearly $400,000.

• Love 3
(edited)

Maybe they're taking so long on this honeymoon because the Duggar boys are remodeling the Meth Lab House. And TLC is back to pay for this portion of the honeymoon. I wonder where they were for the last two weeks, in between Switzerland and Isreal? They can't have stayed in hotels all month, could they? TLC doesn't pay THAT well! 

Edited by Sew Sumi
because I wonder where the fuck they've been for two weeks!
  • Love 5
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Good God! When Husband and I got married 30 years ago tomorrow, both of us worked real jobs. We both too 2 weeks off. We each went back to work the Monday after our wedding. I do not recall us ever being in Israel to celebrate our 1 month anniversary. Just sayin'.

Maybe the fact that Duggars and Duggar adjacents seem pretty free to take long and/or frequent vacations even when they barely seem to work actually is proof that they're right about everything and God really does like them best. 

Because otherwise it seems pretty inexplicable. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Ok, So apparently I can not edit. But my slight OCD needs to tell you "We both TOOK 2 weeks off." Thank you. Carry on.

We waited 5 years for our 'honeymoon' and took two kids with us!

2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe the fact that Duggars and Duggar adjacents seem pretty free to take long and/or frequent vacations even when they barely seem to work actually is proof that they're right about everything and God really does like them best. 

Because otherwise it seems pretty inexplicable. 

Shit Churchie, all I gotta do is quit my job and start praying?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Shit Churchie, all I gotta do is quit my job and start praying?

Could be. I'm thinking of trying it. After all, it's the job that mainly gets in the way of the vacation, right?

• Love 4

Wonder when they're coming home. Our honeymoon was a week at my in laws place in the country and they were with us for a few days. It was 12 yrs til we did a just us combo three day honeymoon/celebrate hubby graduating vet school trip

• Love 4
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I live in an area where we have houses, both large and small, dating back to the 1700's, and my childhood home was built in 1909. These older homes, when restored, are much more beautiful and full of character then many of the modern day Mcmansions, IMHO.  We lost our home, built in the 40s, to a weather event. We now live in a brand new home. I miss my 70+ year old home.

I've lived in homes that were 100 years old, too, but they were well built to begin with with.  One had an 18" thick brick exterior, real oak hardwood floors (not the cheap laminate the Duggars put in houses), mahogany woodwork, tile roof, etc.  Historic homes don't compare at all to the dump Austin bought.

• Love 3

Thanks. Josh's house was much larger, with more land. Needed work, but not in hovel-grade shape like Joy's place. I'm sure God is relived Austin isn't paying a mortgage on a reasonable McMansion, for some reason.

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, if the Duggar boys don't have that house ready soon, Austin may have to pay rent somewhere, and we know that makes Gothard and Baby Jesus cry. 

Nah, they like camping and the outdoors. Pitch a tent in the least Juggalo/bedbug infested room and be dibs with it. Tell Joy she likes it, and she will.

• Love 8