Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

(edited)

It just goes to show how poorly organized these things are. The only one who looks to have had a professional stylist with a plan was Jinger. Didn't Jessa do Joy's hair in typical Duggar banana curls that ended up falling by the time her wedding rolled around? Then, when the couple did a private shot, between the wedding and reception, her hair had a little braid in it, but it's not in any other pictures, most of which were done before the ceremony. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
clarity
  • Love 5
55 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I was puzzled that her hairstyle was being discussed the day of the wedding. 

I've never heard of a bride who didn't have her hairstyle and veil all planned out months before her wedding day.  Joy just didn't have a clue and waited until the very last minute, begging Austin to tell her what to do.  It's like she was having some kind of mental breakdown. 

• Love 6

I wore flowers in my hair in lieu of a veil. My style (french roll) had been discussed with both the stylist as well as the florist (I got flowers as a wedding gift).  Can't pull that shit together just hours before the wedding with my bestie doing up my hair, which was pinned and sprayed within an inch of its life. I'd show y'all, but I'm getting a weird error message that doesn't have to do with size. :/

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

I've never heard of a bride who didn't have her hairstyle and veil all planned out months before her wedding day.

Alas, that would have been impossible for Joy. The poor child didn't even know she was getting married months before her wedding day, lol.

Edited by Celia Rubenstein
  • Love 23
4 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Alas, that would have been impossible for Joy. The poor child didn't even know she was getting married months before her wedding day, lol.

Question to Joy by producer:. "What are your plans regarding this relationship"?  Joy's response:. "I don't know.  You'd have to ask my dad or Austin".

• Love 15
17 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:
19 hours ago, Mollie said:

I've never heard of a bride who didn't have her hairstyle and veil all planned out months before her wedding day.

Given that being married and having children is the end-all, be-all of their existence, and their wedding day is the one day in their life that is supposed to be all about them, you would think the Duggar girls would have spent most of their time from age 15-16 on planning their dream wedding.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to be living in apartments for the rest of my life & I've put more thought into my dream house than these girls put into their weddings.

• Love 7
(edited)

Likely Fayetteville. That's where he was living when they took out the marriage license. He probably has a house there, purchased with money from his flips. 

eta: @Kokapetl is the resident sleuth for county records. I always forget to bookmark the website. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
(edited)

...purchased with money from his flips...that makes me respect Austoon more than a whole burlap sack full of Duggs...the marrieds living in houses doled out by JimBlob...strings attached

Am sure JB has offered Jinge/Pastor that the clan bus down to Laredo for a month long visit and work on a flip house for them...but Preacher V doesn't want it ...yet

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 4

I liked that Jessa wore her hair down for her wedding because I think the flowing waves paired well with her Princess ball gown, but I wish Joy and Jill would've gone for nice updos. I understand not wanting to look like a mannequin, but it's your wedding day, you should want to have a little more oomph to your hair and makeup. Joy looked like she just woke up, threw on a wedding gown and strolled down the aisle. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Likely Fayetteville. That's where he was living when they took out the marriage license. He probably has a house there, purchased with money from his flips. 

eta: @Kokapetl is the resident sleuth for county records. I always forget to bookmark the website. 

Arcountydata.com and actdatascout.com 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, louannems said:

Question to Joy by producer:. "What are your plans regarding this relationship"?  Joy's response:. "I don't know.  You'd have to ask my dad or Austin".

Did that actually happen?

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Yup!

“I’m not sure when the next step will come,” she admits. “You would have to ask Austin what he’s thinking and my dad, but I’m excited to see what God has in store for us in the next year.”

From 

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-courtship/

Ohh I see. Thanks! Thought it was on the show and I had missed it somehow. Hadn't checked this article. Anyway... Wow, that's really sad :|

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, PinkyCupcake said:

Ohh I see. Thanks! Thought it was on the show and I had missed it somehow. Hadn't checked this article. Anyway... Wow, that's really sad :|

Was she just trying to be coy, or is she just that much of a lost cause that she can't answer for herself?

• Love 1
(edited)

Found Austin's house: 3BR/1BA, call it 1200 sf. on the outskirts of Fayetteville. Hopefully he fixed it up before moving Joy in there, because it needed a LOT of work based on the pictures I saw. However, it just sold to him on May 12. I don't know how old the pictures are. Maybe Duggar brothers got the place spruced up while the couple were honeymooning. That's the only property in Washington County in his name. 

ISesuyhrnnez5p1000000000.jpg

Edited by Sew Sumi
edited to protect address
  • Love 4

Nope, it's a real house, on an acre with a small barn where I guess Austin will store his power tools. You can see how much help it needs. Could the Duggar Brothers rehab this place to make it livable in four weeks? The only brother who gets a pass is JD, since he did a lot of flying last month. 

If not, I didn't find any property in Benton County under Austin's name, so they may be renting, but given his dad's "flip five houses" goal, he had to be able to support a wife, which in their world means owning a house. And this place was cash or rehab loans only. Interesting....

IS2rhyfoya1g6p1000000000.jpg

ISe8byw4mmco6p1000000000.jpg

ISyv6awrd6wt6p1000000000.jpg

• Love 1
(edited)

If they're not in this place, I guess they're ensconsed in one of Boob's places, but wouldn't that be against everything Austin's dad tried to teach him about responsibility and falling face forward into the Duggar Borg?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
(edited)

Austin ran for Constable in Madison County in the last election, but lost.  There are three properties listed for Terry Forsyth but not his son.  If Austin is legitimately flipping houses though, he's likely got an LLC that he's using to purchase and that would be listed as the property owner.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

That's a total gut...

You want to keep it small so the whole clan can't come and spend the night.

I bet there's a sex dungeon in the basement.

the whole clan will still come and sleep in the bus.

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, saylubee said:

Austin ran for Constable in Madison County in the last election, but lost.  There are three properties listed for Terry Forsyth but not his son.  If Austin is legitimately flipping houses though, he's likely got an LLC that he's using to purchase and that would be listed as the property owner.

That's why I am cynical about this place as their abode. Which means they're in a DUGGAR flip that's good enough to save for the time being, like Jerick's McMansion. But what's interesting is that Austin listed his residence as Fayetteville for his marriage license, and this wreck of a place is within its city limits. Barely. 

8 hours ago, Nysha said:

Given that being married and having children is the end-all, be-all of their existence, and their wedding day is the one day in their life that is supposed to be all about them, you would think the Duggar girls would have spent most of their time from age 15-16 on planning their dream wedding.  I'm pretty sure I'm going to be living in apartments for the rest of my life & I've put more thought into my dream house than these girls put into their weddings.

Marriage was a seemingly impossible goal for any of the J'slaves until recently. They probably were barely exposed to the idea. JB had to save the show somehow. JB would have not married off his daughters had they been able to get away with showing more dental visits, more putting Duggars in restaurants, a trip to Africa with the freakshow...

• Love 3
(edited)
44 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

That's why I am cynical about this place as their abode. Which means they're in a DUGGAR flip that's good enough to save for the time being, like Jerick's McMansion. But what's interesting is that Austin listed his residence as Fayetteville for his marriage license, and this wreck of a place is within its city limits. Barely. 

The property also listed as his real residence.  It's his legal mailing address.  So it seems like maybe he was living at home, then bought the Fayetteville house as the house that he and Joy will live in.  It makes sense if he's using that as his legal mailing address that he would list it on the marriage license.

Madison County and Benton County's appraisal records are a step behind.  I can't search by individual years to see if there was any other properties that Austin owned.

I did find two Inc's that belong to Terry Forsyth that are registered in Texas.  No proof of any businesses that belong to Austin.

And it looks like the sale date was 4/11. That would give another month for renovation.  I thought they had said they were building a new house though.  I could tearing this one down completely and starting from scratch.

Edited by saylubee
Sale date info
  • Love 1

That would mean they're living in a Boob shelter house, etc., or this is just another flip. But Austin used it as his address for the marriage license, which gives me pause. He could have used the Combs address of the Family Camp, but he didn't. 

(edited)

He could have moved Joy in there.  Look at the dump the Wallers moved into, and they had two little kids!  Maybe Joy's future will be living in and updating dumps until they can be flipped, and then moving on to the next.

Edited by riverblue22
  • Love 1
(edited)
34 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

He could have moved Joy in there.  Look at the dump the Wallers moved into, and they had two little kids!  Maybe Joy's future will be living in and updating dumps until they can be flipped, and then moving on to the next.

I hope not. I hope that Duggars did a Mold House reno before the kids got back from the honeymoon. As I noted before, I don't know when those pics were taken, but it was noted as sold in May (probably closing date, which explains the April date as purchase.

Edited by Sew Sumi

Unless the boys got it done in a month, they wouldn't allow a Duggar to be filmed there, would they? They'd have to pay a PROFESSIONAL painting crew to improve the curb appeal, and that's just for starters. 

I vote that we see them in a cush McMansion in the "fall" season of life for this mess. 

If so, Joy ain't going nowhere. That's one girl who will envy her sisters for actually venturing outside of Arkansas. Even Jessa has her stupid "modern modest" speech this weekend. 

• Love 1

The inside of the house really isn't that bad. It's going to take a lot of primer to cover those dark colors, but a paint job, refinishing the floor, and new light fixtures will probably take care of the living room and bedrooms. The kitchen needs a new counter, handles for the cupboards, and appliances. The bathroom is the only one that's a real gut job, and unless Austin's putting in tile, it's still a pretty quick fix. 

There's a picture of Joy helping Austin with one of his flips, maybe it's this one.

• Love 1

I'm still not sure what I think of Austin but one thing that struck me as I was finally watching the wedding episode and "date night" episodes on demand...he's very polite and he says thank you to people. I noticed he said thank you to service people when they gave him things, helped him with something, etc. And the only reason I noticed is because you NEVER hear Duggars saying it.

• Love 22

The Duggs are entitled, unappreciative and too big for their Goodwill/consignment britches.

Austoon is what is typical from a family that teaches kids young and often that manners are showing others respect.

He comes off as robotic and forced if it isn't something you are used to hearing but to those who are he sounds like a regular kid with proper Southern manners.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yup!

“I’m not sure when the next step will come,” she admits. “You would have to ask Austin what he’s thinking and my dad, but I’m excited to see what God has in store for us in the next year.”

From 

http://people.com/tv/joy-anna-duggar-austin-forsyth-courtship/

Note that Austin and dad have direct lines to God apparently, since God's the guy that has stuff in store for them. And God lets 'em know what's on his mind. While Joy by contrast has no access to God's thinking from her lowly position. At all, it seems. And I guess the big boys don't even share their knowledge of God's thinking with her. You have to ask them what it is .... while Joy doesn't seem to have the status even to ask. I guess that would be too uppity. 

Horrifying. And yet par for the course for homes run by arrogant control freaks. .... Here's fervently hoping that Austin is not like this and that Joy's just behaving in accordance with TTH rules.

Could eventually be trouble even if he isn't an authoritarian control freak, however. I've seen marriages in my family break up because marryers-in simply couldn't get their minds around their spouses' lack of agency or the fact that it was not a natural flaw but something programmed that, with a lot of help, they might well have gradually got over. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

The inside of the house really isn't that bad. It's going to take a lot of primer to cover those dark colors, but a paint job, refinishing the floor, and new light fixtures will probably take care of the living room and bedrooms. The kitchen needs a new counter, handles for the cupboards, and appliances. The bathroom is the only one that's a real gut job, and unless Austin's putting in tile, it's still a pretty quick fix. 

There's a picture of Joy helping Austin with one of his flips, maybe it's this one.

Not the same. They showed the exterior of the fifth house, and it was two stories.

• Love 1

Do we know how long it took him to flip 5 houses?? I'm sure it wouldn't take him long to renovate a small house like that if that was his main job.

And while I know the Duggar compound is a pit... it's overall a really nice house and I'd hate to move from that to the house we assume is Austin's in that state. 

18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Nope, it's a real house, on an acre with a small barn where I guess Austin will store his power tools. You can see how much help it needs. Could the Duggar Brothers rehab this place to make it livable in four weeks? The only brother who gets a pass is JD, since he did a lot of flying last month. 

If not, I didn't find any property in Benton County under Austin's name, so they may be renting, but given his dad's "flip five houses" goal, he had to be able to support a wife, which in their world means owning a house. And this place was cash or rehab loans only. Interesting....

IS2rhyfoya1g6p1000000000.jpg

ISe8byw4mmco6p1000000000.jpg

ISyv6awrd6wt6p1000000000.jpg

Did juggalos live there?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Do we know how long it took him to flip 5 houses?? I'm sure it wouldn't take him long to renovate a small house like that if that was his main job.

And while I know the Duggar compound is a pit... it's overall a really nice house and I'd hate to move from that to the house we assume is Austin's in that state. 

They had that discussion while his was flipping his first house at age 17, I believe. He's 23 now. 6 years.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Kokapetl said:

Did juggalos live there?

Those paint colors are going to give me nightmares for weeks.

The house has a lot of potential to be cute once they have it fixed up. I think I'd plant some flowers or bushes on the outside though, the landscaping is a little plain. 

• Love 6

I can't believe Austin bought that dump.  The view from the back of the house shows an oddly constructed addition that needs a new roof.  The siding and windows on the add-on don't match the rest of the house. It was once a back porch that someone enclosed. There is also severe dry rot all the way around the base of the house. 

Some houses aren't worth fixing up, especially when costly structural repairs are involved.  With only one bathroom, this place will always be functionally obsolete.

The 'barn' looks like it was made out of plywood and the roof looks like rusted tin.

The home is in such bad shape that it doesn't qualify for traditional financing, which means it could be very difficult to sell down line.  This means that the house needs much more than cosmetic improvements.

It also sounds like it may lack gas connections because the hot water heater is electric (expensive!) and the heat is not a gas system.

The photos below show the back of the house with the addition on the left, the side of the house showing the mismatched addition, inside the addition, and the barn.

0 0 1 Joy.jpg

0 0 1 Joy2.jpg

0 0 1 Joy4.jpg

0 0 1 Joy3.jpg

• Love 4