Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Wtf is this? It has Sierra written all over it.

That doesn't look appetizing!

I thought the stage for the wedding was an absolute mess.  Random candles, skinny little flower arrangements and the same dinky flowers hanging from the ceiling.  I don't know whose idea that was but definitely a Pinterest FAIL!

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, McManda said:

If the only colors of frosting you have are white and orange and you're trying to convey a diamond ring ... wouldn't the logical direction of that be to use the white for the diamond and then either use the orange or mix the leftover white with the orange to try to make a gold-ish color for the band?

Why is the "band" white and the "stone" orange?

Because obviously someone was drunk or stoned.

• Love 5
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Absolute Pinterest FAIL.

20170608_142812-712x899.png

1 hour ago, Lunera said:

31 minutes ago, Andalusian said:

I cannot express the sadness at this fail I feel.  So simple, yet so fail.

This isn't even close to the real one.  I'm not even sure what the brownish ones are supposed to be, but I sure know I wouldn't eat whatever it is.  

Ok.  I guess it's supposed to be a diamond ring?  This is so Duggar.  Half assed all the way.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 10
(edited)
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

Here's a picture of Austin getting a gay kiss at the wedding.  I wonder what Jim Bob and Michelle had to say about that!  I don't imagine the Duggars thought it was very funny.

0 0 1 a gay kiss.png

The girl next to Jessa is Carlin Bates.

Of course it's a Bates....she's wearing the best shoes of the bunch. And she is unable to sit on her hair.

3 hours ago, Lunera said:

I wonder why the girl behind Jessa in the top photo is not included in the bridesmaids photo 

She has lace sleeves......not the same as the bridesmaid's dresses. She's probably donated her breast milk to Josie back in the day. It will be explained by Mullet in the wedding special and take up at least 75% of the show.

Those desserts up there? Puke color and love the blatant grease oozing forth. What's up with the "&"  sign?

Aaaannnnd...once again Jana is promoted as "good with children" on the FundiDate website.

Edited by drafan
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

The look on JD's face cracks me up! I wonder if JD being a part of the wedding party is the fact he is second oldest Duggar son in line, and we all know Josh cannot be part of the wedding party because he is a major creep.

Poor JD looks like he's thinking "Always a bridesmaid, never a bride..." Judging by the Hackel girl's wedding photo, she outgrew her dork phase and turned out to be pretty cute. Another one slips away, lol. JD and Jana might as well pick out matching recliners for their Spinster pad.

Those ball things look disgusting. The wedding decor pretty much met my expectations for cheesy and low-rent. 

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Because obviously someone was drunk or stoned.

I would have had to be either one, had I been required to even be a guest.  Not that I'd qualify, being a heathen & all.

The ampersand direction just shows how the school at the dining room table sucks.

Love the balls comment!  

• Love 2

It has to be those damn Oreo balls she always makes. The thought of her rolling them around in her non- gloved hand makes me gag. I couldnt even figure out what it was supposed to be at first.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Annb67 said:

It has to be those damn Oreo balls she always makes. The thought of her rolling them around in her non- gloved hand makes me gag. I couldnt even figure out what it was supposed to be at first.

Oreo balls?  WTF.  New one on me.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, McManda said:

If the only colors of frosting you have are white and orange and you're trying to convey a diamond ring ... wouldn't the logical direction of that be to use the white for the diamond and then either use the orange or mix the leftover white with the orange to try to make a gold-ish color for the band?

Supposed to indicate the ring?  I'd have never guessed from that mess whoever did it made.  Thank you!

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Supposed to indicate the ring?  I'd have never guessed from that mess whoever did it made.  Thank you!

I didn't know it was supposed to be a ring either, until other people mentioned it.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Portia said:

Never in a MILLION YEARS would I have figured out that was supposed to be a diamond ring. 

I figured it had to be some kind of biblical symbol.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Andalusian said:

The hell is up with that ampersand?  That's not even the right direction...

I was taught that it was a crossed epsilon, and not an ampersand (just me?)

Whether it's a crossed epsilon or an ampersand, to me, it's backwards.

Ps maybe it's a a crossed epsilon ampersand? ;-)

Epsilon_Ampersand.png

Edited by ChiCricket
It IS a crossed epsilon ampersand...LOL
  • Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

Sorry for the double comment, but I just noticed this had 209 likes.  I like an epic Pinterest  fail as much as anyone, but I'm willing to bet this will be at a lot of leghumper weddings.  That makes a little sad.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 5
12 minutes ago, ChiCricket said:

I was taught that it was a crossed epsilon, and not an ampersand (just me?)

Whether it's a crossed epsilon or an ampersand, to me, it's backwards.

Ps maybe it's a a crossed epsilon ampersand? ;-)

Epsilon_Ampersand.png

It's backwards, and the writing is that of a child. Sierra is known for her calligraphy, so I doubt this is her handiwork. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, toodles said:

Sorry for the double comment, but I just noticed this had 209 likes.  I like an epic Pinterest  fail as much as anyone, but I'm willing to bet this will be at a lot of leghumper weddings.  That makes a little sad.

If the leghumpers are dumb enough to think that is chefy fine dining, then they get what they deserve.

• Love 2

It is interesting to see a bunch of people show some actual personality, while in the vicinity of a Duggar. Maybe, as with book reading rubbing off on Jinger, Austin knowing people who have fun will slowly turn Joy back into the exuberant self she seemed to be before she was made to come inside and sit with the big girls, instead of roaming around with the boys.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I like this picture. These guys all look they they are genuinely happy to be together and genuinely having a good time. As a matter of fact, the only person who doesn't appear to be having a good time is the guy who probably genuinely doesn't know what that means -- the Duggar boy. I like Austin's affect in this picture, I like that he has his grandfather(?) as a groomsman, and I like that he has actual friends.

Of all of the hundreds of awful photos that they have published from all of these cheapo weddings, I have to give it up for this one photo . . .

Yeah, that's clearly the photographer's "OK, now act goofy, everybody!"  I remember it from my sister's wedding a few years ago.

• Love 1

Whatever those greasy balls are.........they look gross.

JD looks so frumpy and old. What is it with the Duggars that none of them ever looks clean, polished, smart and age appropriate? Especially the younger girls always look unkempt and messy

• Love 4
2 hours ago, awaken said:

What is Austin's school situation? Was he homeschooled? I guess higher education was out of the question once house flipping came calling? 

I'm pretty sure that I recall from the family special (can't remember its name) that Austin and sister were homeschooled. I don't think anyone has googled the parents, but I bet they were better educated. 

• Love 1
15 hours ago, Lunera said:

Looks like some kind of makeshift hazardous chemicals warning sign. 

Maybe somebody tried to warn them off Sierra's munchables. 

14 hours ago, McManda said:

Because the Duggars truly are the stupidest, laziest people on earth? 

• Love 6
14 hours ago, BitterApple said:

JD and Jana might as well pick out matching recliners for their Spinster pad.

I can only hope they get a spinster pad. I picture them living in and running the TTH Nursing Home for the Demented and Oversexed while spending their free hours racing from compound house to compound house to do babysitting, home maintenance and meal preparation for the then-100-plus other Duggars. 

• Love 9
7 hours ago, MunichNark said:

JD looks so frumpy and old. What is it with the Duggars that none of them ever looks clean, polished, smart and age appropriate? Especially the younger girls always look unkempt and messy

That's a key sign that they're emotionally and mentally abused. Squashed. Warped. Stifled. Neglected. Deprived of any chance of normal development. Unfortunately it's not a sign that most people understand, so if you go out in the world at all in that condition your problem is exacerbated because everyone assumes it means that you're some kind of natural-born loser, so they shun you and snicker behind your back.

Jim Bob and Michelle are sickening, sickening people. And I'm convinced that putting them on television has made the whole situation even worse than it would have been otherwise since it provides an extra reason for them to demand conformity to their evil soul-killing regime. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm pretty sure that I recall from the family special (can't remember its name) that Austin and sister were homeschooled. I don't think anyone has googled the parents, but I bet they were better educated. 

The Forsyths only had the two kids, Austin and his older sister Meghan. Even if Ma and Pa F were using the exact same curriculum as Ma and Pa D, their kids are infinitely better educated and socialized because they were raised by their parents, not other children via older siblings. All credit goes to whatever went right wrong and only allowed the Forsyth quiver to have two arrows. 

• Love 10
18 hours ago, Temperance said:

I disagree. My aunt went to a wedding where the sister of the groom was one of the groom's attendants and not the brides. Our society traditionally separates by gender on the big day. If someone is as important to Joy as Josiah then the traditional way to mark their relationship is to make him a groomsman.

My comment was meant to convey the fact that Austin should be allowed to chose groomsmen who are important to him. He has one sibling, while Joy has 18. It would be very easy for all of the wedding attendants on both sides be Duggars or Duggar related. If he and JD are actual friends, then it makes sense to me that he would ask JD to be a groomsman instead of Joe. 

• Love 5

Well, that "ring" looks nothing like the Pinterest one, you can't even tell what the hell (yes, I said hell!!!) it's supposed to be! And, it is on a paper plate!  Way to look cheap and grungy, fundies...

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

It's backwards, and the writing is that of a child. Sierra is known for her calligraphy, so I doubt this is her handiwork. 

I think someone was trying to be cutesy.

• Love 1

Totally thought they were in Colorado...but maybe they went to Switzerland after Colorado?

(edited)
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

It appears they are enjoying their trip.  Austin has wanted to go there for years.  Isn't this filmed for the show though?  Aren't they being filmed, like when Jinger and Jeremy went to Australia?  

I do wish I hadn't seen the bit in the article about returning home to start a family.  Oh my....someone eventually has to be more creative. lol (Please pardon the pun!)

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
16 hours ago, JoanArc said:

wedding-cake-fails5.jpg?resize=459,640

I think this cake would've worked better. Oh well, it could show up at Jendra's parking lot reception.

Maybe the smugs should have used this for their wedding cake with a caption "Hold on tight, this is going to be you guys in a couple of years"

• Love 8