Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, ms.o said:

I initially thought the same thing about Jingers pose, but I'm not sure she would wear such high heels if pregnant. Let me have my wishful thinking!

speaking of jingers shoes - are those CLEAR heels?

Jinger's heels look clear to me too. I tried zooming in, but I can't be sure. I'd like to imagine they are and it was quite the topic of conversation amongst the church ladies.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Well, no wonder Joy's wedding dress looked so off.  She literally cut the top off of one dress and sewed it to the skirt of another wedding dress, and then added sleeves which didn't match either one.  What a mishmash.

Well, if that's what she did, it sorta quashes the idea that Joy really didn't give a darn about her wedding dress and it was so poorly fitted because she didn't much care and grabbed the first dress she found.  It also makes it even more egregious that whoever did the work on her Frankendress didn't bother fitting it properly.

• Love 7
(edited)

Those are definitely clear heels and actual high heels. Not low heels or wedges. Have we ever seen a Duggar in actual high heels?

Edit: Austin and Joy didn't even score a People sidebar this week. Damn.

Edited by PikaScrewChu
10 hours ago, asuwur said:

Grandma Duggars crocheted lace table cloth being draped all over Jilly for no apparent reason.

Jill wore an actual maternity dress and it came with the whatever it is decoration on the sleeves.  Perhaps they should have removed it.  No doubt they didn't realize how it would stand out in photos. 

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Jill wore an actual maternity dress and it came with the whatever it is decoration on the sleeves.  Perhaps they should have removed it.  No doubt they didn't realize how it would stand out in photos. 

Or, maybe she could've found a dress without the detritus on the sleeves.  It's not like it was such an unusual style or color that she didn't have any other options. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, P2C2E said:

Maybe the colors are fall because it was supposed to be a fall wedding that got moved up for...reasons...

I kinda thought that too. This wedding just screams 'rush job' with its sloppy thrown together look.

Joy being pregnant wouldn't be the only reason to move a wedding up though. JB might be desperate for TLC material or perhaps another Duggar bomb is about to drop and he wanted Joy married  before that happens. Even Joe waiting in the wings w/his child bride could have pushed the wedding earlier. Guess we'll have to wait & see what developes.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh so sloppy. And look! There's Anna! And she looks bigger than Jill, but we know women carry differently. 

Jesus. They literally look exactly the same. Hair- check. Plastered smiles- check. Ugly ass dresses- check

• Love 8

Jinger is really hiding behind Jill!!!!! 

14 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

I kinda thought that too. This wedding just screams 'rush job' with its sloppy thrown together look.

Joy being pregnant wouldn't be the only reason to move a wedding up though. JB might be desperate for TLC material or perhaps another Duggar bomb is about to drop and he wanted Joy married  before that happens. Even Joe waiting in the wings w/his child bride could have pushed the wedding earlier. Guess we'll have to wait & see what developes.

Highly unlikely Joy is pregnant. 

Jim Bob is the pregnant one.  he is pregnant with another season of Counting On

• Love 7
(edited)

That's a nice photo of the Forsythe couple in the car. 

Jana has the classic fashion sense in the family. Jinger tries to be artsy which is hit or miss, but kudos for trying. 

Austen gives off a vibe of ambition. Not sure what it is, but something tells me he is a go getter and if the show falls apart he will have other projects going on so it won't matter. 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 7

I think Hannie will be married before Jana. 

I'm very impressed that within a span of six months, Jinger's gone from frump wear to hooker heels. 

Anna's smile looks plastered on and fake. She needs some of Michelle's happy pills.

• Love 9

It really bugs me that she isn't allowed to have her own instagram...Jinger, Jill and Jessa are all allowed. 

Not FB but I thought of this

6-joint-facebook-account.jpg

15 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I just shake my head and think of Coco Chanel when I  see Jill. With those stupid sleeves, take off a necklace or two, and wear smaller earrings. 

I totally regret the earrings that I wore at my wedding. If I had a do-over, it would have been peral studs (my birthstone).

Never thought I'd read 'Coco Chanel' and any Duggar in the same sentence, but yes. 

13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh so sloppy. And look! There's Anna! And she looks bigger than Jill, but we know women carry differently. 

I just want to cut off at leas a foot of scraggly hair on all of them. It isn't pretty when it's scraggly. Did they have rain? They all look like they've been rained on, too. Joe's woman teenage fiance looks more like a Duggar than the Duggars, and Anna looks a wreck. Where are Jenny's glasses? She's still going to be the prettiest one out of the bunch, but looks like she's taken off her glasses and trying to focus. Did Jessa or Michelle make her do that? Jessa looks like a 35-40 year old woman with a child's haircut. It ages her.

10 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Blue and orange are complementary. They're a good combination according to actual science!

I like them together, too. The color scheme is one of the nicer things about the wedding, but definitely the orange tulips remind me of fall.

10 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

They're on social media but Joy isn't allowed to have her own account.  Maybe next time, kid. 

Could Joy operate social media? She's not sharp and she's never been exposed to it. I could see her being one of those people who shares every picture of a kitten with a bible verse. Could she handle all the 'if you don't share this now, Jesus will cry' chains? Doubt it.

3 hours ago, Mollie said:

Well, no wonder Joy's wedding dress looked so off.  She literally cut the top off of one dress and sewed it to the skirt of another wedding dress, and then added sleeves which didn't match either one.  What a mishmash.

At least Jana didn't have to sew it? That does explain why the sleeves look like they don't fit. 

2 hours ago, PikaScrewChu said:

Those are definitely clear heels and actual high heels. Not low heels or wedges. Have we ever seen a Duggar in actual high heels?

Edit: Austin and Joy didn't even score a People sidebar this week. Damn.

Clear heels. Is this 1997 and/or at a strip club? NO Jinger. Of course you've probably never seen clear heels until now, but just NO. 

1 hour ago, Absolom said:

Another thing I never thought I'd see = Jill wearing actual maternity clothes. That dress and the applique wasn't bad in the catalog pic someone posted. Jill just Duggared it up and made it look really ugly.

10 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Jinger is really hiding behind Jill!!!!! 

Highly unlikely Joy is pregnant. 

Jim Bob is the pregnant one.  he is pregnant with another season of Counting On

Jinger is hiding, but I wonder if it's just to scrunch everyone in the pic, and because Jinger is super clingy. Do you have to side hug your sisters, or just the opposite sex?

I highly doubt Joy is pregnant, too, but if any of them had premarital relations, it would be her. She has no thought, opinion, or spine. If Austin told her it said somewhere in the Bible that you could have sex if you're engaged (which I have indeed heard couples try to argue that a Biblical engagement is the same as marriage with a contract or whatever), or told her they weren't having sex, they were intimately sharing love or some other BS, she'd be like 'okay, whatever, I kinda like this.' I have a suspicion that Joy's malliability, and the need to extend a storyline, is why she was married off so quickly.

• Love 2
(edited)
15 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Did Jessa or Michelle make her do that? Jessa looks like a 35-40 year old woman with a child's haircut. It ages her.

I agree. Jessa's face is too long for waist-length hair. If she cut it to boob-level it would be much more flattering. She's starting to remind me of her brothers where they all look 25 and 45 at the same time, yet I can't figure out why.

I also can't figure out why the Duggar girls favor sharpie black eyeliner on an otherwise bare face. It's way too harsh. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I agree. Jessa's face is too long for waist-length hair. If she cut it to boob-level it would be much more flattering. She's starting to remind me of her brothers where they all look 25 and 45 at the same time, yet I can't figure out why.

I also can't figure out why the Duggar girls favor sharpie black eyeliner on an otherwise bare face. It's way too harsh. 

They'd all look so much better in bra strap length hair (or shorter), or at least put in some layers or something that doesn't make it look like it's just hanging there in your face like a curtain. None of them look like they have super thick hair, so it would look fuller at a shorter length, too. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Mollie said:

Yes. It's a Frankendress.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I just shake my head and think of Coco Chanel when I  see Jill. With those stupid sleeves, take off a necklace or two, and wear smaller earrings. 

I totally regret the earrings that I wore at my wedding. If I had a do-over, it would have been peral studs (my birthstone).

I wore pearl "drop" type earrings. I'd had them forever so they were my something old.

Your hair was gorgeous and I am JEALOUS. I had a French twist and I'm sorry now I wore a veil. LOL

5 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Jinger's heels look clear to me too. I tried zooming in, but I can't be sure. I'd like to imagine they are and it was quite the topic of conversation amongst the church ladies.

Chris Rock might have a few things to say about it, too.

I wanted to ask why anyone would spend the big bucks for a wedding gown and not bother with alterations, but then I remembered that dress was probably free -- excuse me, a "love offering".

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

They've never actually allowed a professional makeup artist to show them the correct methods of application and the makeup shades most suited to one's face. J-Chelle is still using the black liner ten years after she should have stopped, and this is coming from someone who doesn't wear makeup every day.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

I'm very impressed that within a span of six months, Jinger's gone from frump wear to hooker heels. 

You all are killing me today. I am loving it.

This is not safe for work, not safe for kids, not safe for anyone under 21 who's offended by bad language... Clear heels!

• Love 5
20 hours ago, Marigold said:

Joy also got very little media hype.

Jinger got TONS of hype to the point where it is obnoxious. You'd think Jinger was the only girl in the world to get married.  I guess because her wedding was the golden ticket to renew Counting On. 

I think it was also down to Jeremy wanting a nice wedding too .

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Are we 100% sure they're clear and not just photographing oddly? I really don't want them to be clear. They do look clear. 

After zooming....Unless there are three blades of overlong grass overlapping the heel, growing parallel at the precise intervals to mimic light reflecting off the heels, I do think they are probably clear.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

After zooming....Unless there are three blades of overlong grass overlapping the heel, growing parallel at the precise intervals to mimic light reflecting off the heels, I do think they are probably clear.

That's what I thought. I just wish they were like, really reflective gunmetal metallic or something, and the light was hitting weird, and maybe a unicorn rode by on a comet, and caused a reflection, but yeah, they look clear.

• Love 5
(edited)

In general I believe brides should ditch the wedding dress maker and go to a wedding salon. If you have a real vision of what you want and can't find it in the stores, then a designer is the answer. If you don't know what you want, then you probably aren't ready to create your dress. Some people just aren't able to throw together a top and bottom to make something that works. 

Jana for the least inappropriate wedding shoes. 

Which two lost girls were left out? Josie and? 

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 1
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Mollie said:

There's another J girl?

Jenni Jordyn Johanna and Josie. Jose and ? aren't in the photo. I don't know which ones are in the group or their birth order. Oh wait! Josie isn't considered a lost girl is she? So one lost girl is missing. 

Edited by sometimesy
(edited)

Hannie is between Jinger and Anna. Josie wore a spangled Navy dress, so I figure she was yet again a flower girl. I'm pretty sure that Jenni we as also a bridesmaid. Haven't seen any pics of Jordyn. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

So, inclusion of Kendra as a bridesmaid. Would that suggest that Joe/Kendra was a done deal long before the "engagement on the day of Joy/Austin's wedding"?

• Love 11

So as much as i loathe thr stripper clrar heels i have to honestly give it to Jinger. She is desper9trying to be different than her robot siblings. She is having some big fails and successes but she is trying. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

So as much as i loathe thr stripper clrar heels i have to honestly give it to Jinger. She is desper9trying to be different than her robot siblings. She is having some big fails and successes but she is trying. 

Is she trying or is it her headship calling the shots?

• Love 3
On 5/28/2017 at 5:15 PM, Mollie said:

When I married, gift registries were only for your crystal, china and sterling silver flatware patterns.  Seriously!  

Yup. And you didn't pick actual stuff, you just picked like "Lenox Eternal" or "Wedgewood Ivy."

On 5/28/2017 at 5:46 PM, BitterApple said:

I don't know if it's because Joy wasn't demanding pristine hair and makeup or what, but everyone looks rumpled and disheveled. Maybe as some noted, they were going for a loosey-goosey beach theme and failed miserably in the execution, but nobody seemed to put much effort into their appearance this time around. 

They were probably all running late on Duggar time.

On 5/28/2017 at 5:51 PM, ariel said:

I've been to many northeastern  Irish and Italian Catholic weddings were the religious part was important, but it didn't stop them from having a kick ass reception with plenty of good food, wine, dancing, lots of laughter, & many happy memories.

YEs, as have I, I'm just saying that down south, it's not the custom.

6 hours ago, lianau said:

I think it was also down to Jeremy wanting a nice wedding too .

He's from Jersey and had a lot of friends/family traveling to the wedding. No way was it going to be the bargain basement, made-with-loving-hands-at-home, pinterest shite that the Duggars usually offer up. I'm sure that Jeremy paid for A LOT of that wedding.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Annb67 said:

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

If Jeremy is encouraging Jinger to wear stripper heels, that kinda makes me like him more, lol!

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Going to kill y'alls unicorn. Not clear stripper heals. They are the same shoes she wore to Jessa's wedding. 

Apparently Babe has spent too much new pants to be able to get new shoes. 

IMG_2223.JPG

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Missy Vixen said:

This is not safe for work, not safe for kids, not safe for anyone under 21 who's offended by bad language... Clear heels!

High praise from a man that reminded us that no matter what a stripper tells you, there is no sex in the champagne room. None!

Not safe for work, obviously.

I'm disappointed they aren't clear heels. Aw shucks. I thought they were on the verge of a comeback.

5 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Good heavens! My apologies for the typos. Hand to God I have a college degree accredited and everything. Damn phones.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Good heavens! My apologies for the typos. Hand to God I have a college degree accredited and everything. Damn phones.

Ha! No problem...My husband has two Master's degrees and a high-end job, but I still have to decipher almost everything he texts. Oftentimes I'll actually be completely stumped and have to ask him what he meant. Yours was a piece of cake in comparison.

• Love 3

Jessa is wearing the same Payless sandals she wore to Jill's mess.  Jana's shoes look almost nude (horrors) an appropriate color.  And Anna looks to have the short haircut of shame.

16 hours ago, Mollie said:

Jeremy is a re-vert fundie.  He has been a round the block. 

jeremy likes stripper heels!!!!  That naughty minister! 

22 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Are we 100% sure they're clear and not just photographing oddly? I really don't want them to be clear. They do look clear. 

I thought they looked like a layered wedge.

• Love 4

I'm sick and home today and have had TLC on all day. They've been playing the commercial for the new Counting On season literally every single commercial break. It already features Joy and Austin's wedding! Anyways I had to come here and comment because one thing that really strikes me is that in the commercial, Joy is crying during the wedding and, maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it does not look like happy wedding tears at all, looks more like scared tears. Then Austin reaches up to wipe her tears and she flinches away from his touch. The darn commercial breaks my heart every time. I can't even snark on Joy like I do her sisters. Anybody else catch it yet? 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

In Jessa's wedding photo, Jill's hair looks like its made of actual rope, or some sort of raffia

I've usually thought the Duggar girls' hair was rather pretty, but that recent photo upthread of them sitting together after Joy's wedding - they look like a bunch of Cousin Its! I finally saw the need for them to cut those messes.

3 hours ago, sheshark said:

And Anna looks to have the short haircut of shame.

LOL!  "short haircut of shame"

• Love 4
(edited)

No help here w/r/t the commercial. I only watch The Little Couple and (at the moment) Nate and Jeremiah 

6 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I've usually thought the Duggar girls' hair was rather pretty, but that recent photo upthread of them sitting together after Joy's wedding - they look like a bunch of Cousin Its! I finally saw the need for them to cut those messes.

LOL!  "short haircut of shame"

Anna's hair looked normal in the Silver Dollar City pic. I think it was just back behind her shoulder at a weird angle like she hadn't combed it in hours (probably true).

Edited by Sew Sumi