Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, PoshSprinkles said:

To be fair, Jill is very pregnant. Her feet may be swollen and those are the only shoes that fit at the moment. 

Not buying that.  She's had three months to prepare for this wedding and if her feet were starting to swell, she could have had someone in Arkansas buy her a larger shoe size to wear down the aisle. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Not buying that.  She's had three months to prepare for this wedding and if her feet were starting to swell, she could have had someone in Arkansas buy her a larger shoe size to wear down the aisle. 

Not to mention, Jill was pictured a week or so ago, and her feet/ankles were just fine. She's all belly. 

Someone on FJ tracked down Jill's dress. That doily is INTENTIONAL. 

http://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-26536-blue-crochet-sleeve-maternity-maxi-dress.aspx?DepartmentID=1

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Can someone  please  tell me what is happening  with the  carpet ?  On my tablet  it looks  like it has separated and the seam and the concrete  floor  is showing ? 

That's what it looks like to me, too, and I'm on a desktop computer.  That's hugely dangerous.  If someone trips, I hope that church has good liability insurance and I hope it isn't a pregnant woman who falls.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I don't watch these people anymore, I keep up here and on Pickles on Facebook.  Your comments here are so much better than the actual show anyway.  

This marriage seriously makes me ill. She's just a baby!  She's had no real life experience in anything.  Nothing.   I can't imagine being such a young kid and going from never being alone with this person to suddenly being in bed with him.  I feel so damn bad for this kid who I'm sure felt that she had no choice in the matter. 

What would have happened if she had said no?  If she'd said she isn't ready to be married and just simply said no?  Would she be guilted into saying yes or threatened into saying yes?  

I just don't understand why they made her get married so young, I don't understand why they can't pick their own spouses and get married when they want. I don't understand why an engaged couple can't even go on a damn date alone.  If they think they've raised such moral, perfect children, why don't they trust them to go out alone with their fiancees?  Didn't Jim Boob even make Jill and Derek have a chaperone on their wedding day?  Is it all just about control for him?  

Finally, the thing I mostly don't understand is why none of these kids have told their parents to fuck the fuck off and go live the lives they choose for themselves.  

Sorry, my thoughts are all over the place.   This really makes me sick to my stomach. 

In the Counting On episodes, Joy expressed NO interest in boys or men or marriage. She even said weddings were way too much work.

Then in the last episode, Joy was suddenly in a courtship with Austin.. When asked about her plans with him, she said I don't know, you would have to ask my dad!  Such a blatant arranged marriage!

• Love 13
18 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Not to mention, Jill was pictured a week or so ago, and her feet/ankles were just fine. She's all belly. 

http://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-26536-blue-crochet-sleeve-maternity-maxi-dress.aspx?DepartmentID=1

95% Rayon, $55 - Really cheap cheap dress for a bridesmaid or matron of honor dress.  With all that TLC money rolling in (and donations to Jill and Derick for whatever they want), that's the best they could do?  

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Fuzzysox said:

Jill has a pair of acceptable flats that she wore to Dan's wedding. There is not excuse for her to not have put them on just for the walk down the aisle. So classless!

All her taste is in her mouth.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Mollie said:

95% Rayon, $55 - Really cheap cheap dress for a bridesmaid or matron of honor dress.  With all that TLC money rolling in (and donations to Jill and Derick for whatever they want), that's the best they could do?  

They have to make the money last for when they have 100 people and counting and no TLC money coming in.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

They sure didn't give a fuck with this wedding, Jill wore flip flops and an ugly shawl while walking down the aisle.

And a dress that looks like a nightgown .

I don't believe that is a tear in the carpet.  Look closely, and you will see it is the intersection of the aisle Jill is walking down, and an aisle going perpendicular to it.  I think that is some sort of "decorative" diamond-shape in the flooring, not a tripping hazard.

• Love 9

My wedding was very formal and small. 60 people, evening Catholic wedding on a Sunday in Chicago. In winter. I wore a poofy, off white satin short dress (many moons ago). Flowers in my hair. As did my immediate family and maid of honor. We had it in a nice restaurant. Full dinner, cake, jazz band, open bar. Only a maid of honor and best man. In coordinating colors. In fact my whole family ironically showed up in lace tops with dark skirts. It wasn't cheap, but no fights would start about it either. These bitches are too stuck on their customs. Frankly, if I'm moving to the mold house - do give me a thousand presents! Then what do you do?

i haven't see all the maids so Jill's s long with a tablecloth cape? interesring. . 

I just hope Ben, Derick or Jeremy did not have the urge to grab their wives after the ceremony to kiss them and run down the carpeting because they were worried the best man or groom men might be interested in their wife. *gag*

Didn't Deanna' Dan's wife' have similar bridesmaid dresses? I remember they were blue and short. IDK why Joyless would pick blah blue out of every color in the rainbow or the Pantone color wheel? 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Marigold said:

This is going to be a snarkalicious wedding...starting with the Michelle's hair, Jim Bob's FOURTH recycle of the gray suit and now flip flops! 

snarkalicious − what a great word − not just for the wedding but for the TV show, too.

• Love 4

As I'm typing sand have TLC on and a commercial for Counting on came on. They show Joe thinking about a courtship and Joyless getting proposed to (all while wearing lots of flannel).

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Zanzibar said:

I don't believe that is a tear in the carpet.  Look closely, and you will see it is the intersection of the aisle Jill is walking down, and an aisle going perpendicular to it.  I think that is some sort of "decorative" diamond-shape in the flooring, not a tripping hazard.

Well that is a lot better than a rip. I would  not be  my design  choose ,  but I guess you need to see the entire  room to truly  judge.

• Love 1

Now that I've seen the dress, the sleeves aren't bad. The angles on Jill made it seem like a shawl that wasn't staying on, to me. And good for her wearing actual matternity clothing.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

And good for her wearing actual matternity clothing.

Good point!

At least she is not squeezed into some size 4 dress with a huge belly and boobs busting out, that Jana had to alter at like 2am.  

Guess we should be thankful for little things. 

• Love 13
12 hours ago, Mollie said:

Jana and John-David might be candidates for this.  But, what are the odds of them both finding spouses at the same time?

If Jim Bob decides that a double Jana/John-David wedding would be in his own best interests, a suitable bride and groom would magically appear at just the right time.

• Love 6
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Well, it could be Jessa-style preggo spandex special. And nobody would want to see that walk down the aisle ... 

Plus, this one with the lace actually looks kind of cute from the side, to me anyway -- and that's the angle from which she'll be most seen, walking down and up the aisle ... 

Edited by Churchhoney

The model has the sleeves pulled down the full three-quarter length.  Jill has the sleeves pushed up into the crook of the elbow.  It's messing up the lines of the lace which is why it looks funky.  I also wonder if maybe the dress was washed and dried before wearing it.  The lace has the twisted look of being dried improperly.

1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

Jill has a pair of acceptable flats that she wore to Dan's wedding. There is not excuse for her to not have put them on just for the walk down the aisle. So classless!

She was barefoot at her own wedding.  Flip flops are a step up.

• Love 17
(edited)

Didn't Jill wear ballet flats with a navy dress for Deanna's wedding? I want to give her a pass because I understand she's heavily pregnant and probably just wanted to be comfortable, but flip flops? Come on, Duggars, you can do better. You can gets flats at Walmart for ten bucks, ffs. Since these girls plan on breeding yearly for the next few decades, a few pairs of "pregnancy shoes" wouldn't be a bad investment.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

Sierra wore some sandals with thin straps. They were flat. Jill could have easily bought herself a pair; she had over a week in the States to hit up a Payless and a huge house full of people to watch Izzy for an hour. Not that big of a deal, and the DONATE! button wouldn't have suffered at all. They probably spent more on that pizza for Derick than they could have spent on a pair of sandals for Jill. 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I don't watch these people anymore, I keep up here and on Pickles on Facebook.  Your comments here are so much better than the actual show anyway.  

This marriage seriously makes me ill. She's just a baby!  She's had no real life experience in anything.  Nothing.   I can't imagine being such a young kid and going from never being alone with this person to suddenly being in bed with him.  I feel so damn bad for this kid who I'm sure felt that she had no choice in the matter. 

What would have happened if she had said no?  If she'd said she isn't ready to be married and just simply said no?  Would she be guilted into saying yes or threatened into saying yes?  

I just don't understand why they made her get married so young, I don't understand why they can't pick their own spouses and get married when they want. I don't understand why an engaged couple can't even go on a damn date alone.  If they think they've raised such moral, perfect children, why don't they trust them to go out alone with their fiancees?  Didn't Jim Boob even make Jill and Derek have a chaperone on their wedding day?  Is it all just about control for him?  

Finally, the thing I mostly don't understand is why none of these kids have told their parents to fuck the fuck off and go live the lives they choose for themselves.  

Sorry, my thoughts are all over the place.   This really makes me sick to my stomach. 

Kendra and Joe got engaged at Joy's wedding. Kendra is even younger. 

9 hours ago, Lunera said:

They sure didn't give a fuck with this wedding, Jill wore flip flops and an ugly shawl while walking down the aisle.

I see a couple of bored guests. I wonder who enjoyed themselves at this wedding.

11 hours ago, Mollie said:

Flip flops???? Friggin flip flops????  That's more redneck than redneck, meaning:  you wouldn't even see that on the Honey Boo Boo show.  Joy must have inherited the stupid gene from both of her parents to come up with that choice.  I've never even seen that on weddings which were actually held on a beach, inside or outside of the U.S.  Nobody, but nobody does that.  Nice sandals would not have even been appropriate with a dress like that.  

0 0 1 fashion.jpg

And, of course, there'd be that distinctive noise as she flip-flopped down the aisle. Ugh.

• Love 10

Momma needs a pair of shoes............DONATE!

The Dillars posted about the wedding on their blog. Do you think they put up a picture of the couple? A picture of themselves with the couple? Or, the video of just the two of them congratulating the couple?  (the same video that's all over)

• Love 2
10 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Didn't Jill wear ballet flats with a navy dress for Deanna's wedding? I want to give her a pass because I understand she's heavily pregnant and probably just wanted to be comfortable, but flip flops? Come on, Duggars, you can do better. You can gets flats at Walmart for ten bucks, ffs. Since these girls plan on breeding yearly for the next few decades, a few pairs of "pregnancy shoes" wouldn't be a bad investment.

That's what I said a couple of posts up.

There is picture evidence that she owns a pair!!! Why didn't she wear them? Did they end up in the family closet never to be seen again?

None of the weddin' attire or shoes for that matter made sense. I expected more of a country chic thing from Joyless. Cheap dresses from China is not country chic. Why don't they use TFDW to help them coordinate everything wedding? He at least would have better taste.

• Love 4

Joy is Derick's sister-in-law and Austin is his co-brother. Is this a thing?

Derick Dillard

@derick4Him

Congrats to my sister-in-law, Joy and newest co-brother, Austin on your nuptials! Have fun, and may the Lord bless y'all as you seek Him!

2:33 PM - 28 May 2017

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Joy is Derick's sister-in-law and Austin is his co-brother. Is this a thing?

Derick Dillard

@derick4Him

Congrats to my sister-in-law, Joy and newest co-brother, Austin on your nuptials! Have fun, and may the Lord bless y'all as you seek Him!

2:33 PM - 28 May 2017

I have never heard "co-brother" in my life, but it sounds idiotic.

• Love 20
34 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I have never heard "co-brother" in my life, but it sounds idiotic.

It's a term that's gaining popularity among people with big families -- to distinguish your wife's brothers, the brothers-in-law, from a different related group, your sisters-in-law's husbands. Apparently started in India some years ago and has been moving slowly onward since. 

I actually think it makes sense. Those two groups of people actually do need different terms if you're going to distinguish them, and if you try to distinguish them to somebody who asks it always requires a wordy explanation. So why not just have two different terms in the first place? I think we feel it sounds stupid just because we've never heard it before. There probably aren't enough big families in the United States any more for it to become a familiar term, I admit, but in a big-family culture it's surely useful. And it sounds like a perfectly good word to me! 

• Love 7

Jill has the ability to look good when she wants. I like the lace navy dresses from Deena's wedding, maybe Jill should have had this dress altered by Jana. She could have just cut out a big circle for the belly and sewed on a big doily over it.

20170529_085234.png

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Jill has the ability to look good when she wants. I like the lace navy dresses from Deena's wedding, maybe Jill should have had this dress altered by Jana. She could have just cut out a big circle for the belly and sewed on a big doily over it.

I'm guessing it has more to do with Jill having the ability to look good when someone else wants. .... I think Deena cared (by the evidence), so Jill complied. Left to her own devices, though, I don't think Jill gives the tiniest unripe fig about how she looks. And I don't think Joy does either. Nor do I think Joy gave a crap how her wedding looked or how  anyone in her wedding looked, including herself.Jill,  who doesn't care on her own, knew that the bride didn't care either, so she could just relax. You know, some people feel terrible if their wedding pictures don't look great and if they aren't all spiffed up for their weddings and if other people aren't. Whereas just having to pay attention to all that looks stuff makes some people crazy. I expect that both Joy and Jill are of this latter sort. 

In a really good family, a person like that doesn't have to worry about the looks of their wedding. They can have a wedding wearing paper sacks.They can even elope if they want, and everybody's fine with it -- because it's that person's choice. And it's that person's wedding. 

The Duggars, though, have to have these big fat productions every time, regardless of the preferences of the couple involved. So you get Joy and Jill at the forefront of a huge wedding with some version of fancy clothes, even though neither one would probably want that left to her own devices. (Of course, in this family, they want the big production and some of them even want to look good -- but even the ones who do want to don't actually know how. So you get big and clumsy. ...........I actually prefer big and clumsy-because-who-cares approach that I attribute to Joy and Jill than the clumsy-even-though-I'm-trying-for-really-hot-stuff approach we got from Jessa in some respects, for example. Did like Jessa's dress, though.)

• Love 7

No pics yet of the whole wedding party?

Why are the Duggars so weird about shoes? Jinger pulled together something cute for herself, but then everyone always wears casual brown sandals. It's not hard or expensive to buy some cute metallics like the pic above. I wear better shoes to walk the dog. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Lunera said:

20170529_085234.png

It looks like those shoes are kind of big on her, too. It seems like they would likely still fit in pregnancy! They would also probably have some give in them, and might stretch a little bit. 

DOOOOONATE!!!!! Poor jilly can't even afford a pair of $10 ballet flats!!!

• Love 3