Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

On 5/30/2017 at 8:23 AM, Barb23 said:

Does anyone know where Joy & Austin will live?  Hopefully in one of HIS flipped houses & not one of JB's.  

I am cautious about hoping that any of the adult Duggarlings and spouses will ever be independent. Going by the examples of the couples who have been married the longest, the outlook is not good. Derrick had a college degree, real-world experience, and a legitimate job that could support a middle-class lifestyle for a small family, yet he turned to grifting fairly quickly. Because Ben was so young and lacked concrete career plans, there was never much hope of him and Jessa being independent. The jury is still out on Jeremy. He seems to be maintaining more independence by living in Texas, but it is hard to gauge if he is truly invested in building a career for himself. Does he enjoy having some independence enough to stay employed? Time will tell. Austin has the potential to be financially independent through his house flipping endeavors. However, it is impossible to know whether or not he is actually committed to supporting himself and his family independently and whether or not he want to continue to build his business. He could easily start relying on JB for support while enjoying the TLC ca$h. Again, time will tell if the house flipping business is one that Austin will continue to invest in or if he will take the easy way out. I have yet to be impressed by the strength of character of any of the Duggar spouses, and I doubt any of them will suddenly grow a backbone or demonstrate determination to remain (even mostly) economically independent.

• Love 2

I've also said all along that Michelle has a lot more power in her marriage than on the surface. What kept her having babies is everything previously said; Fundy beliefs, attention and hormones while pregnant, and then masterminding the buddy system. And eventually being able to pridefully say "... and I delivered everyone of them".

I've seen moms of one or two kids more wrecked than Michelle. Michelle gave birth to 19 kids with only one breakdown. It takes someone with power and control to be named Mother of the Year while skillfully managing not to raise one of her children beyond their 6th month of life.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Wasn't Joy 18 and the boy twins 17 when they had their joint graduation? I swear it was just last year. 

They had a graduation party for all of them last September, but Joy had already finished her "schooling."  I guess she didn't warrant her own graduation party, so she had to wait to share one with her brothers.

• Love 1

Is Jill wearing a modesty panel with her bridesmaid dress? Jana's dress has different sleeves than Jinger and Jessa, and maybe a different color. It'll be interesting to see all the bridesmaids to see how many different versions of the dress there is.

Austin listed his residence as Fayetteville on the marriage license. How many houses can you flip in that metro area that Boob, and lord knows who else with more experience, haven't jumped on? 

If he was still at Fort Rock, whereever that is, I'd say Austin is self-sustaining. Now that we know he's not at the Family Camp anymore, all bets are off, but I'd put my money on him being another Boob boob. 

• Love 6

I'm sad that someone didn't encourage Joy to at least get her hair professionally done on her wedding day. She would have looked so much better with a French braid if she hated the idea of a ton of hairspray and bobby pins.

According to all reports, she was uninterested in the "girly" part of getting married. I realize that there are women who don't like wearing dresses (I'm one of them) and really don't care for the girly crap, but something's going on here. My spidey sense is tingling.

I wish these two the best, because they're going to need it. My opinion.

• Love 11
34 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

I'm sad that someone didn't encourage Joy to at least get her hair professionally done on her wedding day. She would have looked so much better with a French braid if she hated the idea of a ton of hairspray and bobby pins.

According to all reports, she was uninterested in the "girly" part of getting married. I realize that there are women who don't like wearing dresses (I'm one of them) and really don't care for the girly crap, but something's going on here. My spidey sense is tingling.

I wish these two the best, because they're going to need it. My opinion.

Is Arkansas humid. Or was it raining? The sisters' hair looked more done up in the pre-wedding video than the post ceremony pics.

• Love 1
On 5/27/2017 at 6:50 PM, Annb67 said:

I don't mind jilly muffins earrings or necklace...just not together. Way too busy along with whatever lace shit was on her sleeve.

I was going to say the same thing.  The earrings were nice but are casual and a bit more bohemian.  The dress is somewhat dressy and conservative.  Then throwing in the armchair cover on her shoulders?  A very bad combo.  She needs to speak with Jinger who seems to be the only one with semi fashion sense among the whole kit and kaboodle.

• Love 1

t@GeeGolly I actually checked the forecast maybe a day or two before. Forecast was iffy w/r/t t-storms. but storms skirted them. JD had to fly around some weather when he flew the Bates party back home and on his return trip. 

What I did. 

IMG_0030.jpg

• Love 20
On 5/28/2017 at 4:57 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Not to mention, Jill was pictured a week or so ago, and her feet/ankles were just fine. She's all belly. 

Someone on FJ tracked down Jill's dress. That doily is INTENTIONAL. 

http://www.pinkblushmaternity.com/p-26536-blue-crochet-sleeve-maternity-maxi-dress.aspx?DepartmentID=1

Its horrible.  The dress alone would be fine but I have a shit ton of those doily things my great aunts and grandmother made back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.  It looks haphazard.

• Love 4

I just shake my head and think of Coco Chanel when I  see Jill. With those stupid sleeves, take off a necklace or two, and wear smaller earrings. 

I totally regret the earrings that I wore at my wedding. If I had a do-over, it would have been peral studs (my birthstone).

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Lunera said:

20170531_103630.png

This picture is missing the People article were the honeymooners talk abbout having as many babies as God is going to give them

Whoa slow your roll Joy. You've taken care of babies all your life. Enjoy your new found freedom for a while baby making is not a race you have plenty of years to have kids.

27 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Its horrible.  The dress alone would be fine but I have a shit ton of those doily things my great aunts and grandmother made back when dinosaurs roamed the earth.  It looks haphazard.

Even Michaela had better bridesmaid dresses. Bates again win for best bridemaid attire.

When I think about it if Boob is paying they are getting a $60 for a dress which doesn't leave them with better choices if they had more $$$$$.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Is Arkansas humid?

That's along the lines of is the Pope Catholic?  I seldom bother doing my hair there.  Between the humidity and the breeze (wind) I either have to use gel and a ton of hairspray or just let it go.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 5

I don't think I've seen Jessa in another pair of shoes other than those lame sandals since Jill's wedding. 

Love Jinger's shoes. And at least Kendra tried, unlike most of her futrue SILs. I sitll think Joy has Cowboy boots under there. She's not an inch shorter than Jill and her flip flops, more like three. 

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I'm surprised Carlin wasn't a bridesmaid, they make it seem like they're bffs. Or Austin's sister for that matter. 

I'm hoping she included Austin's sister because it would be kind of rude not to. If she can have her molester's wife in the wedding party, she can have her future sister-in-law. Even though Jessa isn't my favorite person, I always respected her for not throwing Anna a pity invite. I think she's the only thus far not to have Anna as a bridesmaid.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Thanks...just a little over 32 years ago now :) I'd be lucky to get my thigh into the waist of that dress these days! LOL

Fantastic picture. You look beautiful, and dare I say it, modest?

• Love 4

Is it just the lighting or are Jinger, Hannie and Jessa in a different shade of navy than the others? Don't tell me they couldn't even bother to match the bridesmaid dresses!

• Love 3

The dresses do nothing for me, but I really love that shade of blue. I wouldn't call it navy.

I'm a big fan of orange, but I'm kind of scratching my head at the color combo. 

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh so sloppy. And look! There's Anna! And she looks bigger than Jill, but we know women carry differently. 

The orange flowers do look really nice with the navy. Navy can be so classic but it does scream fall/winter wedding to me. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Mollie said:

0 0 1 Joy and Sierra.jpg

Two geniuses hard at work! 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Jessa wore those same ratty sandals for Jill's wedding. It's time for them to retire to the nearest dumpster.

The bridesmaids' dresses are totally wrong for a late May wedding. 

I'm perplexed at the choice of longsleeved navy dresses with no specific style or design details. Combined with non-matching raggedy brown sandals. Very odd choice for a spring wedding in Arkansas.  

• Love 10
(edited)

I feel so sad for Joy that this is the only thing to which she can ever aspire. You should not have to think the greatest achievement of your life is marrying some nimrod that your dad picks out for your when you are nineteen.

That said, I feel this one a bit personally because when I was nineteen I married my (emotionally abusive) high school boyfriend to get out of my parents' house. Took four months before I left him to have my own life. The thing that really resonates with me, though, is that, looking and thinking back, the dress I wore was all lace. Which was totally not me.  And I wore a stupid hat with a veil (hey, it was the early 80s).  I feel like my subconscious was sending up frantic messages to wave off! And I just did not hear them. That is what I see when I look at Joy, former tomboy now in an all-lace girly-girl dress. I both hope I am wrong and hope I am right.

ETA Of course I do not hope she is in an emotionally abusive relationship (or any other kind of abusive relationship), just that if her subconscious is trying to send her messages, she is able to hear them sooner rather than later.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 10

Navy is "nautical" and nautical is connected to summer....there's nothing nautical about the dresses however, they're not full length in sleeve or skirt so for them, it's a win other than Grandma Duggars crocheted lace table cloth being draped all over Jilly for no apparent reason...Jinger's heels are higher and skirt (fractionally) shorter than anyone else. Baaaaaabe has turned her into a common harlot....

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't think I've seen Jessa in another pair of shoes other than those lame sandals since Jill's wedding. 

Love Jinger's shoes. And at least Kendra tried, unlike most of her futrue SILs. I sitll think Joy has Cowboy boots under there. She's not an inch shorter than Jill and her flip flops, more like three. 

I like Jinger and Jana's shoes. The rest leave something to be desired. I don't mind if the dresses aren't all exactly alike. I'm not a fan of wedding parties where the bridesmaids are completely matchy matchy down to their jewelry, shoes, etc. (I know a lot of people do like that look, though.) Having said that, is Jinger  wearing a turtleneck? Jill is a complete fail.

Edited by Beaner
  • Love 2
(edited)

One of my friends made her bridesmaids wear the same shoes, which made me glad I wasn't a bridesmaid as those shoes were ugly.  We know Sierra was a bridesmaid, but that is a lot of young women to be bridemaids just from the family.  Look at how Jinger is standing behind Jill. She either wants people to take a guess or surprise people later with an announcement that she's pregnant. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Temperance said:

One of my friends made her bridesmaids wear the same shoes, which made me glad I wasn't a bridesmaid as those shoes were ugly.  We know Sierra was a bridesmaid, but that is a lot of young women to be bridemaids just from the family.  Look at how Jingeris standing behind Jill. She either wants people to take a guess or surprise people later with an announcement that she's pregnant. 

I initially thought the same thing about Jingers pose, but I'm not sure she would wear such high heels if pregnant. Let me have my wishful thinking!

speaking of jingers shoes - are those CLEAR heels?

• Love 1
(edited)

It (Joy's wedding) hit E NEWS Tonight.  It was very brief. They mentioned details will be in People on Friday.  It included both Joy (Austin) and Joe (Kendra). Very quick. Went on to talk about Honey Boo Boo's mom's weightloss and then Zach Roloff's baby.  (All very brief.) 

Edited by Temperance
1 hour ago, Portia said:

The dresses do nothing for me, but I really love that shade of blue. I wouldn't call it navy.

I'm a big fan of orange, but I'm kind of scratching my head at the color combo. 

Blue and orange are complementary. They're a good combination according to actual science!

• Love 7

I don't hate the bridesmaids dresses, but they don't make sense for the setting. Also why Jill had to have some extra ugly maxi dress with added doilies. The navy looks nice with the flowers but the whole thing doesn't make sense. Also Kendra looks like their relative, but so does Anna. Duggar boys must have some type -- maybe that's why Marjorie didn't make the cut, ha!

• Love 4

When did Johannah start looking like Josh? She's suddenly growing up, poor girl.

Joy looks basically like I would have expected, only in a white dress, slobby, careless, dull. What happened to her? She had so much spunk when younger.

Congratulations Meeechelle, DimBulb! You've raised 19 children so far, none of which are able to actually live productive lives. They are not leaders, they are not explorers, they are not achieving anything glorious. They aren't even religious, since none of them knows why they believe or even what.

Your girls so far have shown themselves to be lazy, slovenly, have no cooking skills, don't tidy their houses, in Jill's case she cannot function without being at your compound.

I expect Joy will just do whatever really, with that kind of attitude. She will slide into things without ever giving it a second thought. How sad that her life is now over at merely 19.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, MunichNark said:

When did Johannah start looking like Josh? She's suddenly growing up, poor girl.

Joy looks basically like I would have expected, only in a white dress, slobby, careless, dull. What happened to her? She had so much spunk when younger.

Congratulations Meeechelle, DimBulb! You've raised 19 children so far, none of which are able to actually live productive lives. They are not leaders, they are not explorers, they are not achieving anything glorious. They aren't even religious, since none of them knows why they believe or even what.

Your girls so far have shown themselves to be lazy, slovenly, have no cooking skills, don't tidy their houses, in Jill's case she cannot function without being at your compound.

I expect Joy will just do whatever really, with that kind of attitude. She will slide into things without ever giving it a second thought. How sad that her life is now over at merely 19.

Saying that her life is over suggests that she had a life before this. 

• Love 16