Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

What concerns me is that if Joyanna did not go to an ultrasound boutique to find out the sex of her baby she may very well be winging this pregnancy with no prenatal care at all.....I have a sick feeling they are using Jilly Muffin for medical care.....

I agree. And I do not wish any harm on any Duggar or baby ... really. As much as I snark ... you get no prenatal care (assuming!) odds are against you. And I would not trust Jilly Muffin to deliver a pizza to me successfully so ...

• Love 24
15 minutes ago, Caracoa1 said:

What concerns me is that if Joyanna did not go to an ultrasound boutique to find out the sex of her baby she may very well be winging this pregnancy with no prenatal care at all.....I have a sick feeling they are using Jilly Muffin for medical care.....

I didn't think of that until you mentioned it. You're right. It could be conjoined twins or something for all they know (my mind goes to weird places.)

I hope both baby and mother are fine, though.

• Love 4

Not to defend the Duggars, but it is possible to get medical care and not find out the sex. You just have to tell them you don't want to know. However given the way we have seen the Duggars act in regards to pregnancy and child birth, you might be right. Hopefully Austin had the sense to put his foot down for the safety of his unborn child.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

This is exactly what I was talking about with my earlier post.   I had a positive home pregnancy test on Thanksgiving day and was due the end of July.   Based on the pics we know Jinger told her family at Thanksgiving.    Something doesn’t add up.  Then again, I went to an actual school for my education.

Edited by tabloidlover
  • Love 13

Like I said in the other topic, (I'm pretty sure) Joy-Anna is due at the end of February.  Jinger is probably due something like 8/1, which would line up both with the Vuolo's anniversary and finding out the week of Thanksgiving.  I would consider that six months, even if counting by days puts it closer to five months.  

• Love 4

So wait... 6 months from "end of February, probably March" is end of August/early September. Either Double J Junior has only been baking a couple weeks, Joy can't count (or Jessa, because Jessa nodded to Joy confirming the 6 month statement in the video), or Joy was joyfully available prior to the wedding.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

On the other hand, Austin comes from a family of two children. If his mother had medical care, his parents may encourage him to get Joy to an doctor or at least a real midwife.

I will lose my shit if she’s relying on Dr Jill, Medicine Woman and Theresa the Toilet  Doula.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, Mollie said:

According to her baby gift registry on Amazon, Joy's baby is due on February 22.  (The wedding was May 26, 2017.)  

Your Conception Date:May 26, 2017

End of First Trimester (12 weeks):Aug 4, 2017

End of Second Trimester (27 weeks):Nov 17, 2017

Estimated Due Date:Feb 16, 2018 

• Love 10
28 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Baby conceived in Austin's truck ..on the bench seat... on the side of a country road... after the wedding reception... on the way to their flip house... to spend their wedding night....righhht, okay....

While praying to the Lord Jesus that the paps weren't following them. PRAISE BE!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Your Conception Date:May 26, 2017

End of First Trimester (12 weeks):Aug 4, 2017

End of Second Trimester (27 weeks):Nov 17, 2017

Estimated Due Date:Feb 16, 2018 

Honestly, I don't think that Joy knows her due date. In order to know her due date, she would have needed to consult a medical professional-- the Duggars don't need to do that, though, because Jesus.

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

So she got pregnant on her wedding night? Not saying it doesn't happen, but how convenient....

I've said it before, but I would be so angry if I got pregnant on my wedding night if I were a virgin, moving from my parents house into the world for the first time, just having had my first kiss. I'd want a chance to be a wife before I'm a mom, but then again I have different values. But seeing as I'm none of this things ... no, I'd still be annoyed.

3 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Honestly, I don't think that Joy knows her due date. In order to know her due date, she would have needed to consult a medical professional-- the Duggars don't need to do that, though, because Jesus.

Not necessarily, considering she was probably taking pregnancy tests every day. The milisecond one came back positive and provided she knew the date of the first day of her last period it's pretty easy to get a due date. The internet will do it for you. And at the very least she'd (or her family) would be interested so they could talk to her about the designer ultrasound they'd want.

Actual prenatal care is a whole different issue.

• Love 12
28 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Unless an ultrasound shows anything drastically different or you just don’t know LMP because of birth control, the doc is going to use LMP to calculate the due date.  I’ve used internet calculators for both my kids before my first prenatal appointment.  Lo and behold the doc gave me the same date both times.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

Women are quite capable of tracking their own cycles and determining their due date. 

• Love 11

Well all the Duggar girls had plenty of experience tracking Meechelle’s cycle so I’m sure they know due date. Plus they buy pregnancy kits by the case. We have speculated in the past that they pick wedding date based on when they are ovulating, lol.

• Love 16
9 hours ago, awaken said:

Women are quite capable of tracking their own cycles and determining their due date. 

Yes WOMEN are. Uneducated children who have a hard time counting to six are not.

• Love 16
11 minutes ago, Annb67 said:

Yes WOMEN are. Uneducated children who have a hard time counting to six are not.

That’s a little unfair. They can count past 6 or even 10. Why do you think they run around barefoot or in flip flop so much? ?

Edited by EVS
  • Love 10

You guys crack me up. The Duggar kids know how to track menstruation, they've been tracking Michelle's for years - on the KITCHEN calendar - for years - as a FAMILY. Ew, just ew.

I wonder when they put 2 & 2 together as to why JB & M locked their bedroom door around the same time each month. Triple ew.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

You guys crack me up. The Duggar kids know how to track menstruation, they've been tracking Michelle's for years - on the KITCHEN calendar - for years - as a FAMILY. Ew, just ew.

It’s like on The Wire when the inner city kid couldn’t do straightforward math but could easily solve the same problem when it was a matter of getting the stash count right. 

That is not a comparison I ever imagined making. 

• Love 14

I don't think Joy and Austin had sex before they were married but they ended up with the speculations because of two things . The wedding registry with Joy's birthday as a place holder , probably done to get the media and leghumpers off their backs (and maybe started before they even set the date ) which led to all those shotgun wedding rumors and blind items  and Joy carrying large . I don't think if Joy looked like Jessa early on we'd have this discussion right now .

Edited by lianau
  • Love 10
40 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

Never mind Kendra. Has Jessa made an announcement yet?

Damn!  I'm wondering the same thing!  Jessa's pregnant, for sure, and looks to be 4 or 5 months along.  Just rename her Fertile Myrtle or Clown Car, Jr.

5 minutes ago, Temperance said:

I don't see Jessa. 

She's to the right of Joy.

2 minutes ago, Temperance said:

No, I think that's Gabby as this was labeled Gabby and Drew's baby shower. It doesn't look like Jessa to me. 

I hope you're right.  I'm hoping Jessa doesn't keep spitting out a kid every year or so, because Spurgie and Henry are too precious to get lost in the shuffle of a houseful of kids.

• Love 10

I'm just taking a wild guess and thinking that Joy will have the baby by Valentine's day. I read somewhere, can't remember exactly, that stated Joy's due date was early March. But then there is the Amazon registry that gives a due date of Feb 22. It won't be long now. By the way, since I haven't been keeping track, have any of the  Duggar babies weighed less than 7 1/2 pounds? Seems like all of them are good sized, especially Jill's babies.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Never mind Kendra. Has Jessa made an announcement yet?

Well, she's the star of the show. So maybe she's saving her announcement to be the big finish of this pregnancy round. 

After all, she'll be the first of the mentionable Duggarlings to get to three. 

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

That single picture shows about a hundred of the reasons why I despise baby showers. 

You and me both. I'm fine with an old-school style shower of a tasteful luncheon and gift opening, but these ridiculous co-ed circuses with obnoxious games? Yeah, no thanks, I'd rather sleep with Smuggar.

• Love 11
16 hours ago, Temperance said:

No, I think that's Gabby as this was labeled Gabby and Drew's baby shower. It doesn't look like Jessa to me. 

I think so too on IG the girl Gabby is wearing the same dress in the profile picture.  Plus he hair is shorter than Jessa. 

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

You and me both. I'm fine with an old-school style shower of a tasteful luncheon and gift opening, but these ridiculous co-ed circuses with obnoxious games? Yeah, no thanks, I'd rather sleep with Smuggar.

You better believe I’d eat a melted snickers bar out of a diaper before I’d ever let Josh’s.... nope, there’s not enough brain bleach. Now I need a lobotomy. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That could be our new catch phrase. Would you like a root canal? Yeah, no thanks, I'd rather sleep with Smuggar. How about I chop off your arm? Yeah, no thanks, I'd rather sleep with Smuggar. Although honestly, I really cant think of anything i wouldn't choose over sleeping with Smuggar.

• Love 22