Type keyword(s) to search

Joy and Austin: This One Time At Family Camp

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I posted the direct link to the church site the other day. I imagine OK! saw it and ran with it. The bio erroneously said that JinJer were married 11/17. That would have necessitated a shotgun wedding with the July due date. ????

Oh gosh! Here I am making fun of Joy and I'm the one that didn't read ?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, make fun of Joy. She certainly knows Jinger's due date but can't count properly.

Anything higher than 10, and Joy needs to take off her shoes to count her toes!

Or just count her toes because girl don’t like wearing shoes.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Anything higher than 10, and Joy needs to take off her shoes to count her toes!

Or just count her toes because girl don’t like wearing shoes.

She can still count her toes if she wears flip-flops!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

She can still count her toes if she wears flip-flops!

Poor thing is “so pregnit” that she probably can’t reach her toes anyway. Anyone who says “pregnit” probably shouldn’t be reproducing . The Big Furry Hat has spoken. Dilly, Dilly!

• Love 6

I'm too lazy to go back and find it, but I predicted a July birth for Jinger.  She announced to her family at Thanksgiving and that is when I announced to my family (20+ years ago).   I had just taken the at home test that morning and my due date was late July.   I think Joy knows more or less when she's due and made the 6 month comment without thinking about the implications.   She just isn't that bright.

39 minutes ago, SpaghettiTuesdays said:

I always think it's a security risk as well. If someone wanted to rob you blind and you post that kind of video, they'd have all the information they'd need.

what would they steal?

• Love 14
On 1/24/2018 at 9:28 AM, Mya said:

I noticed that too.  I wonder why they would delete it?

I had a thought the minute it was posted and we saw Joy still pregnant. I wondered if it was an older video and Joy has already given birth. Even JD’s birthday party seemed off and could have been pre recorded. 

It so, it could explain the house still needing work done and having a few weeks left in which to do it.  Deleting it maybe left too much evidence of that work? 

Just a random guess.

Edited by OneMoreStop
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, SpaghettiTuesdays said:

I always think it's a security risk as well. If someone wanted to rob you blind and you post that kind of video, they'd have all the information they'd need.

Especially given how they like to post videos when the whole family is away together. It's just an invitation to hit all their houses. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

Especially given how they like to post videos when the whole family is away together. It's just an invitation to hit all their houses. 

Social media causes all kinds of problems for people.  Try buying a ticket to a concert or sporting event so everyone knows where you’re sitting and that you aren’t home.  You get to opt out of that, fortunately. I would never tell anyone I’m going on vacation on SM.  I would, however be happy to post AFTER I’m home.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Social media causes all kinds of problems for people.  Try buying a ticket to a concert or sporting event so everyone knows where you’re sitting and that you aren’t home.  You get to opt out of that, fortunately. I would never tell anyone I’m going on vacation on SM.  I would, however be happy to post AFTER I’m home.

That is exactly what I do. I post (if I do post) where I have been AFTER the fact. On another note, a friend asked me once if we ever went out to dinner because she never saw "check-ins" or food pictures on SM. Um ... just because YOU post EVERYTHING you do, does not mean I do. Plus, who cares if we go out to dinner? Does anybody really care? I did not actually say that, but the thought bubble over my head said that.

• Love 23
8 hours ago, OneMoreStop said:

I had a thought the minute it was posted and we say Joy still pregnant. I wondered if it was an older video and Joy has already given birth. Even JD’ birthday party seemed off and could have been pre recorded. 

It so, it could explain the house still needing work done and having a few weeks left in which to do it.  Deleting it maybe left too much evidence of that work? 

Just a random guess.

My vote is for old video, since she was standing outside in a casual summer outfit and no shoes, during the real cold snap in Arkansas. I'm from the south, and when you're not used to severe cold, it feels COLD. In fact, I wore shorts and a sweatshirt the other day when it was in the 60's the nighttime temp dipped into the 40's, and I got admonished for not dressing warmer, inside! People down here are warm clothing police. Sometimes it's 75 degrees in January and I don't even consider running errands in shorts, because I know several people will say, "it's JANUARY!" like I killed their mother. So when it actually is cold, people definitely don't walk around in summer clothes and no shoes because 20 feels like -20 to us, and everyone is the clothing police. I highly doubt she was wearing that on the day she posted it!

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I am often shocked that these people don't realize how potentially dangerous it is to post pictures of young children all over SM to millions of strangers.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

My vote is for old video, since she was standing outside in a casual summer outfit and no shoes, during the real cold snap in Arkansas. I'm from the south, and when you're not used to severe cold, it feels COLD. In fact, I wore shorts and a sweatshirt the other day when it was in the 60's the nighttime temp dipped into the 40's, and I got admonished for not dressing warmer, inside! People down here are warm clothing police. Sometimes it's 75 degrees in January and I don't even consider running errands in shorts, because I know several people will say, "it's JANUARY!" like I killed their mother. So when it actually is cold, people definitely don't walk around in summer clothes and no shoes because 20 feels like -20 to us, and everyone is the clothing police. I highly doubt she was wearing that on the day she posted it!

People have the same attitude here.  It is extremely unusual for us to get any rain in the summer.  If we happen to get the odd shower, you see people wearing winter coats and carrying umbrellas, even for a few sprinkles.  Because---it's raining, so it must be cold outside.  Very odd.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

3 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

That is exactly what I do. I post (if I do post) where I have been AFTER the fact. On another note, a friend asked me once if we ever went out to dinner because she never saw "check-ins" or food pictures on SM. Um ... just because YOU post EVERYTHING you do, does not mean I do. Plus, who cares if we go out to dinner? Does anybody really care? I did not actually say that, but the thought bubble over my head said that.

Holy hell, Facebook/Ticketmaster tells the folks on your friends lists where you'll be sitting at a concert??

...Yeah, glad I opt out of that early and often!

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

People have the same attitude here.  It is extremely unusual for us to get any rain in the summer.  If we happen to get the odd shower, you see people wearing winter coats and carrying umbrellas, even for a few sprinkles.  Because---it's raining, so it must be cold outside.  Very odd.

Haha idk if you live in California, but my ex was from there and we vacationed in LA. While we were at the beach, his dad called us from a few blocks away to warn us that rain was coming, like it was the end of the world! Eventually it started barely raining...like, you might feel a drop every five seconds or so...and people were putting on winter clothes and RUNNING from the beach! I've never seen anything like it! Here in NC we have a daily thunderstorm every afternoon in the summer. It's a crazy downpour, but then the sun comes back out and we resume our lives. It's interesting how different the weather is over the country. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

Holy hell, Facebook/Ticketmaster tells the folks on your friends lists where you'll be sitting at a concert??

...Yeah, glad I opt out of that early and often!

They really don’t. But Ticketmaster and their ilk have hot buttons you can click to “share your whatever!”  So you have to want to share. And even so, they don’t share your sear assignment, just the event. They are hoping from some free advertising from you. 

5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not liking the tiny, tiny like button and the green number counter. We're a boisterous crowd on here. That tiny little heart doesn't represent.

It’s really too small. And I accidentally liked one of my own posts. Either we’re allowed to like them now, or it’s a glitch. I at first thought I was mistaken and tried it again and the count went up. I then unliked it. For now, it’s possible to do that, but we’re the most modest forum ever, right?

• Love 13
40 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It’s really too small. And I accidentally liked one of my own posts. Either we’re allowed to like them now, or it’s a glitch. I at first thought I was mistaken and tried it again and the count went up. I then unliked it. For now, it’s possible to do that, but we’re the most modest forum ever, right?

we are is modest at the Duggar family is and that's not saying a lot

• Love 9
6 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I’m currently seeing the same “like” counter over on other threads. Posts I “liked” earlier that had 10 likes or so are back 2. I can also see others that were “liked” and look to be reset back to 0.  I think those likes later today might be normal activity. I know I’m not crazy. A post I had several notifications of likes a few days ago (maybe 8?) registered 2 from tonight’s notifications. Am I crazy? (Don’t answer that). I think I’ve seen it in onther threads. Maybe those more than a day old.

Maybe it’s best I head off to bed and use my glasses tomorrow. It will be probably back to normal and I’ll be back to being the crazy lady.

• Love 3
On 1/17/2018 at 7:06 PM, lascuba said:

I wouldn't buy it for myself, but I think it's a cute house, just boringly decorated. I can see them still living in it several kids down the line...Austyn seems to take frugality seriously enough that he'd be fine with cramped quarters, and Joy doesn't seem to care all that much. 

Honestly, I find this refreshing.

I'm over the homes on reality stars' shows and social media that are over-stuffed with quotes/word art & Pintrest-y decor.  At least Joy's house doesn't look like a Home Goods store threw up all over inside. Plus, my guess is Joy doesn't want (Jana to have) to clean/dust any extra pictures or decorations. . Maybe Joy and Austyn prefer it to be kind of bland or just don't care.  Joy and Austyn also strike me as being pretty utilitarian, so they may just not care about decorating the house as long as they have the stuff they need (and neutral colors make sense if they intend to sell the house shortly). 

They don't live with JB or on his dime. Austyn seems to do actual work and seems to be taking into account that TLC money may not last forever.  It's better they stash away any money they may need in the future for their eleventy future children or invest it in flip properties rather than living above what their means would be if Joy didn't have TLC money.  I say good for them.  (I still think they're too young for all of this, but so far this may be one of the more sensible things the Duggar adults have done.)

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 24

I'm just returning to the boards& this may have been discussed already about Joy&Austin's house.  I saw the video & have question about kitchen island. It looks like the whole base of island is covered with whatever they used for the countertops. (Granite, tile, etc) Am I seeing correctly? I've never seen island base covered like that before. Usually it's wooden. You would think since storage is a premium, he would have made storage underneath. Maybe there is & it's on the other side. My sister had her kitchen redone last year & contractor advised to use regular(matching) kitchen cabinets as the base for extra storage. You do have to squat down to get things but it's nice for items that aren't frequently used. 

7 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The Pearls (yes, THOSE Pearls) are speaking at a retreat at the Family Camp this summer. In response to a text by a woman who said she wouldn't be attending, Austin arrogantly replied with this: 

5a736e86ef79c_austinforsyth.jpg.e1bb5340b78e759c1ba5bcf4b52b2afc.jpg

How do we know the reply was from Austin?

• Love 2
16 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

How do we know the reply was from Austin?

The only other option is his BIL, but he works for his dad in politics, not involved with the Family Camp. Therefore, easily narrowed down to Austin, who doesn't have a second house in his name right now, so not flipping atm. Not to mention we already know Joy was raised with Pearl methods. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3

I hope for the baby's sake it doesn't inherit Austin's nose. It reminds me of my third-grade teacher in Colorado, Mrs. W. Her nose had an actual hook, like if you turned her upside-down, you could hang your keys on it. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The only other option is his BIL, but he works for his dad in politics, not involved with the Family Camp. Therefore, easily narrowed down to Austin, who doesn't have a second house in his name right now, so not flipping atm. Not to mention we already know Joy was raised with Pearl methods. 

Thank you,  Sew Sumi!

3 hours ago, Temperance said:

What does Joy's shirt say?

As for the Pearls comment, it says to me marriage is not broadening her horizons enough. 

Just guessing it might say - whatever, anyone's guess. Maybe a preemptive response to the oft asked question - boy or girl?

BetyBee; your comment is so right. I hope it's not true....BTW, didn't Austin bother to FINISH painting the electric panel in the living room?

So, I ask Austin and Joy exactly WHAT was included in their biblical 'correction ' from their parents, physically and emotionally? What did their 'punishments and corrections' include? What were they 'beat' with, and for how long and under what conditions?

I am asking for details here. Most of the bible,, any bible you read contains a great deal of figurative examples, not literal ones.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Temperance said:

What does Joy's shirt say?

As for the Pearls comment, it says to me marriage is not broadening her horizons enough. 

I think it says Grateful and Blessed.

I see that one of the brothers has Jill's selfie face down pat. Jer's is almost there.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Love2dance said:

Awwww, brings back memories of MANY years ago.....she looks just like every other near-to-delivery mommy to be. 

Doesn't she still have a month to go? End of Feb early March right?

• Love 1

Didn't a child die from Pearl's "training" methods? Austin's really a first-class asshole, isn't he? It's both sad and scary that these morons are about to become parents and don't recognize the difference between discipline and abuse. 

• Love 21

That electric box is driving me nuts. In our former house, the electrical box was set in the framing of the wall that was underneath the bricks of a full wall fireplace in our family room. The fireplace was built with a hole in it where the box was underneath. It was very simple to hang a picture or other decoration to cover hole/box  & to provide easy access.  I would think that since Austin has flipped 5 or 6 houses, he would have been more creative or gotten advice from contractors that helped him to make the box less prominent.

It looks like they were possibly playing games by the boxes on the table. Nothing wrong with that but for "kids" their age, the first game I think of is Poker. Guess since betting is involved (even if they play with pennies or use something else) Poker isnt allowed.

ETA: Those curtains are driving me nuts as well. But at least they used curtain rods as opposed to Benessa stapling their spare bedroom curtains to the wall. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, Lunera said:

Joy looks miserable 

Neither of these two look ready to be parents. In fact, Joy's maturity level makes her better suited to be the neighbourhood kid who takes on a few babysitting gigs so she can buy a cute top and some makeup at the mall.

• Love 17