Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
28 minutes ago, scriggle said:

The new issue of People arrived in today's mail (don't judge me; it's a free subscription ?)

No article or pictures. Just a little blurb in the "Babies" section:

"Counting On star Jill Duggar Dillard, 26, and her husband, Derrick, 28, welcomed son Samuel Scott on July 8. He joins big brother Israel, 2."

That's all ??? About a family/couple who can't stay off the cover?

Who/What was the leading cover story?

Edited by sATL
  • Love 4

My daughter wasn't allowed in the NICU because of a quarantine. He was born in flu season and only parents were allowed. My mom was with me because my husband had to work and they would not even let her in. There also may be an age restriction on visitors and Izzy may be too young. 

I do think Jill is in full-on "Jessa Jessa Jessa" mode (think Jan from the Brady Bunch) after Jess's gets the dream home birth and she ends up with another c-section. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Annb67 said:

See I thought she looked like she had been crying or getting ready to. Glad sam isn't hooked up still.

Yeah I thought she looked sad. Not sure if maybe they caught her in a happy cry though?

He looks like a normal new baby to me. I could advance through the photos but sometimes there was a blank screen between photos. 

Maybe instead of having been driven to the brink by news of no more children, they had a change of heart and decided to enjoy their children (OK, just the new one) for a few days before doing publicity stunts (OK, this is the Dillards. Well done, Blob. You've generated pages of speculation).

• Love 1

the crying could be over the c/s though and nothing really wrong.  that is a legit pain for some women (it was for me, even though i was happy about my baby and wasn't trying to have 10 or more children)

• Love 5

SHe looks like she's saying, "awwwwwww - who's the little ickle baby then?".  Just a regular mom.  So much of dire predictions of Zika or mental breakdowns or catestrophic deformaties.  Just another birth, the same as went on for thousands of other women that same day.

• Love 13

Looks like Samuel is in the monitoring phase if he's still in the NICU.  

That's an awkward photo of Jill.  They couldn't even catch her looking at the camera?  She's moving her hair back and maybe in half-coo to Samuel.  She looks like she's been through hell and back but surprisingly one of the most natural pictures we've seen of her.

• Love 4
(edited)

i think its a lovely picture of happiness on their part. its a sincere smile from derrick and her relief is evident. i also think samuel looks like izzy.

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 11
(edited)

It's a breathing issue.  Looking through the pictures again on the Dillard Family blog that has less cropping, I very much recognize the cords of a portable apnea monitor in the picture where Derick is holding him.  Samuel will probably be on it for four or five months at home.

Edited by saylubee
  • Love 6
(edited)
8 minutes ago, saylubee said:

It's a breathing issue.  Looking through the pictures again on the Dillard Family blog that has less cropping, I very much recognize the cords of a portable apnea monitor in the picture where Derick is holding him.  Samuel will probably be on it for four or five months at home.

been there before. my daughter had apnea and then my grandson and the twins all needed monitors too. its scary stuff.

ETA: well that little monitor will keep them home from CA for a good while. no quick resuscitators there to give emergency treatment should samuel need it.

Edited by zoomama
  • Love 2

Picture #3, Samuel's left ear looks a little different. I notice this because one of my kids was locked and loaded in the birth position for so long her ears were a tad folded and the pediatrician mentioned that ear anomalies can reveal abnormalities.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, saylubee said:

He wasn't premature. Did he need resuscitation?  Was his 02 level dangerously low?

• Love 1

Glad to see some pictures. Jill looks ok to me and Sam isn't a looker but is otherwise better. I'm more shocked over the lack of significant mention in People. No cove us a signicant loss in income, just when bills are piling up. I wonder if there's been testing by their publicity people that says there not as popular as they once were.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, sATL said:

That's all ??? About a family/couple who can't stay off the cover?

Who/What was the leading cover story?

The cover is Julianne Hough: My Dream Wedding. Also Ben Affleck has a new girlfriend; People has the truth about their secret romance.?

• Love 8

Maybe he'll grow into his looks. My nephew was a really REALLY ugly baby and some of us were seriously wondering if he'd been switched at birth. But as he got older his face changed and he started to look like himself. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

The photos look good, to me.  It's nice to see an update.

I love snarking on this family/show, and others too, but I'm wishing mom & baby well.  

He looks exactly like every single other newborn and that's a good thing. So now for regularly scheduled snark...They consider growing hair hard work? 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

Jill looks like shes crying here.

Screenshot (19).png

Derrick's arm is broken or he is mutating.  And clearly, that baby is dead, his head is twisted all around. Also, Jill is obviously suffering from MS now. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, HoboClayton said:

Derrick's arm is broken or he is mutating.  And clearly, that baby is dead, his head is twisted all around. Also, Jill is obviously suffering from MS now. 

For a moment I thought that was a leg and that there is a naked guy with them in the room .

• Love 5
9 hours ago, floridamom said:

I think Miss Cathy lives in a part time fantasy world of her own. I saw on her Instagram post that she's of the opinion that Izzy is being educated so well because he knows his alphabet. I doubt Jill can 'educate' him past his colors and shapes well. 

I'm wondering if Jill knows the alphabet or still remembers it?

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Jellybeans said:

Is Jill in her nightgown?  Or is she wearing street clothes?  They do not keep the mother in the hospital unless it is medically necessary.  

She looks better without makeup.  Sam's cute.

That black eyeliner doesn't do Jill any favors.  Or the other sisters, either.

Samuel will get lots of love from Miss Cathy.  

• Love 4