Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I'd like to rip off Josh's face. He DOES NOT get to have 'his' shwo back. Maybe he could make an aploogy video for his victims - or just throw it in at the end of this one. Whatever.

200 - no, never going to happen no matter how hard you try. I thought it was about letting 'God' determine your family size, anyway?

If each kid has 5-6 offspring, they could have 200 grandchildren. Josh already has 5, so it's feasible. Even if Jana and JD don't start until they're 30, five isn't unreasonable, especially if there are multiples. 

On 7/10/2017 at 8:11 AM, floridamom said:

Although Meredith's birth wasn't a spectacle, for obvious reasons, we know just about all there was to know about Anna's other labors and deliveries. She received no privacy whatsoever. It's telling to me how the Duggar daughters received so much privacy about theirs.

Since this family accepts a great deal of money FOR PUTTING THE EVENTS OF THEIR LIVES OUT THERE, they should release information about major life events they experience too. They should release the truth and all of the truth to keep the speculation away. After all, they can't have it both ways. Izzy's road to being born is still sketchy to me. They aired a heavily chopped up episode about that, if I remember. Time to earn that paycheck, Dillards. Come forward with the facts here. Jill needs to be accountable for her decisions and actions about Samuel. Everyone really cares about these children and we hope that they will be well. No one wants anything tragic to happen to Jill, either. We are all human.

Not sure I agree with this, as curious as I am about what's going on. As with consent to sex, it can be withdrawn at any time. They don't owe us a thing. What they do release is fair game for criticism. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

If each kid has 5-6 offspring, they could have 200 grandchildren. Josh already has 5, so it's feasible. Even if Jana and JD don't start until they're 30, five isn't unreasonable, especially if there are multiples. 

I wonder if they mean their nineteen kids having kids because nineteen kids having only five or six kids would be 95 to 114 grandchildren unless there are a lot of multiples. I would love to know how their offspring would be able to support all those kids since Josh, Ben and Derick do not work or cannot hold down a regular 40 hours a week job.

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I wonder if they mean their nineteen kids having kids because nineteen kids having only five or six kids would be 95 to 114 grandchildren unless there are a lot of multiples. I would love to know how their offspring would be able to support all those kids since Josh, Ben and Derick do not work or cannot hold down a regular 40 hours a week job.

I should've been more clear, and I wasn't. 200 wouldn't be that far off if every one of their kids had 5-6 pregnancies with multiples. I'm still waiting for some multiples to pop up. I don't think all 19 Duggar kids will have 10 babies each, but it wouldn't shock me if some of them have 12 or 14, just to say they did. I see Joy as one of them who will be pregnant every year until menopause, but Jessa will stop at five or six.   Wouldn't suprise me at all if Anna has two or three more.

• Love 3

There's now a video up from Mack (or Jordyn? on my phone w/o glasses when I got the alert at Starbucks) and Josie. Looks like they're drumming up the sympathy posts now. I saw Smuggar this morning and almost lost my breakfast. He doesn't give two shits about Jill or Hippie Jesus.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Annb67 said:

So basically they couldn't give a rats ass about what is good for the parents just keep drilling out the babies. Assholes.

As I suspected. If Meeechelle and Jizm Bob gave the tiniest crap about their kids, they should have seriously counseled both Jessa and Jill to have hospital births this time (and good solid prenatal care, too, if they didn't). And told them not to worry about the cost (if they were worried). The fact that they obviously blithely didn't, shows they couldn't care less about their children, let alone their grandchildren, in my opinion. Those two are just barely human, in my eyes. And human of the crap variety. 

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I should've been more clear, and I wasn't. 200 wouldn't be that far off if every one of their kids had 5-6 pregnancies with multiples. I'm still waiting for some multiples to pop up. I don't think all 19 Duggar kids will have 10 babies each, but it wouldn't shock me if some of them have 12 or 14, just to say they did. I see Joy as one of them who will be pregnant every year until menopause, but Jessa will stop at five or six.   Wouldn't suprise me at all if Anna has two or three more.

The chances of having multiples is about 1% in general.  Since Michelle had two sets of twins, her daughters may be a little more likely to have twins, but, even if they were twice as likely, it would still be about 2% overall.  Then, twin pregnancies are far more likely to miscarry or for one of the twins to not survive.  There is no way the Duggar kids will come up with 200 grandkids, even if there are some twins tossed in there unless most of them have 10 or more pregnancies.  The chances of one or more of them being infertile are far higher than that one of them will have a set of twins.

Even if Anna has 2 or 3 more after this, she still won't approach the 10-11 babies she'd need to meet her 'quota' in the baby sweepstakes.

I would hope JB and M are just kidding about the 200, but, somehow, I think they aren't.

• Love 20
(edited)
3 hours ago, Genevrier said:

Were those the only two videos? It's interesting that they're both from the TV-poison couples. Maybe they're just desperate to get on camera, for anything.

Yes, money-grubbing arrogant fame whores are like that. 

35 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

The worst thing is that the creeps did this math -- no doubt all excited about the new Dugg show, named after their old book -- The Duggars' Love that MULTIPLIES!! They actually think of their children in those terms. Or something like them, anyway. They're numbers, not people. It's disgusting. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
(edited)

I would hope JB and M are just kidding about the 200, but, somehow, I think they aren't.

I think in one of the early episodes Jim Bob said Michelle could have 20 kids - and they did their hardest to hit that. They're fixated on 200 now, God help us. Jim Bob needs that $14 mil to support that many people!

Jordyn is what...8? She sounded really immature. Josie is excusable. The look they they both needed a lot for coaching for that, too.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 3

Lord, I hope that every one of those 200 (or less) has an involved, loving grandmother or grandfather like Cathy. I think the forsyths and caldwells have hope, because they each had a decent number of children, and probably see them as individuals. They need this, because their parents and duggar grandparents will always see them as a number!

• Love 5

Shouldn't JB & M just enjoy and appreciate the blessings of grandchildren that God has seen fit to give them and not anticipate what God has in store for them in the future? I'm guessing God doesn't look at children as trophies or something to be counted and collected. But, shit, I may be wrong, cuz - heathen.

• Love 19

Mac and Michael are really cute kids. 

WTF is wrong with squeaky and the sperm donor? How about celebrate individuals as individuals, not as part of a quota.

llll lll grandkids Jim_Bob_Michelle_Duggar_shake.jpg?ggnoad

If you watch videos of JB and Derp watching their wives talk, they have exactly the same pose. I really think Dunce Dillard has found his role model in JB. Jill and Derick are the new JB and Michelle. CREEPY as fuck. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

WTF is wrong with squeaky and the sperm donor? How about celebrate individuals as individuals, not as part of a quota.

If you watch videos of JB and Derp watching their wives talk, they have exactly the same pose. I really think Dunce Dillard has found his role model in JB. Jill and Derick are the new JB and Michelle. CREEPY as fuck. 

A Duggar snarker from a dedicated group I'm in and I replicated this pose at an ice cream parlor. Her husband thought we were crazy, but took a picture nonetheless. I may have flipped off the Duggars. Smuganna also have a similar shot that they took when Chick Fil-A celebrated hetero marriage day several years ago. Gross. 

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Shouldn't JB & M just enjoy and appreciate the blessings of grandchildren that God has seen fit to give them and not anticipate what God has in store for them in the future? I'm guessing God doesn't look at children as trophies or something to be counted and collected. But, shit, I may be wrong, cuz - heathen.

Um ... no. It's all about the QUANTITY, not the quality. Duh.

• Love 11
(edited)
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Lord, I hope that every one of those 200 (or less) has an involved, loving grandmother or grandfather like Cathy. I think the forsyths and caldwells have hope, because they each had a decent number of children, and probably see them as individuals. They need this, because their parents and duggar grandparents will always see them as a number!

The forsyths have as many as the Seewalds and both are about the same age with similiar family dynamics imo. 

Edited by Temperance
1 hour ago, sometimesy said:

This picture makes me want to barf.  They look like some aging cheesy has been actors from a stupid low budget sixties movie.  

Just grow the hell up and join the 21st century.  You're making complete fools out yourselves.

• Love 12
57 minutes ago, Temperance said:

The forsyths have as many as the Seewalds and both are about the same age with similiar family diynamics imo. 

I think you meant the Caldwells and the Seewalds. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

As I suspected. If Meeechelle and Jizm Bob gave the tiniest crap about their kids, they should have seriously counseled both Jessa and Jill to have hospital births this time (and good solid prenatal care, too, if they didn't). And told them not to worry about the cost (if they were worried). The fact that they obviously blithely didn't, shows they couldn't care less about their children, let alone their grandchildren, in my opinion. Those two are just barely human, in my eyes. And human of the crap variety. 

Not to mention, but I will:  counsel Jill about how unwise it was to go back to a proven zika outbreak world area, even if her dumbshit husband wanted to go.  I mean, he's college educated, and presumably reads the news, so WHY was it so damned important to go back with a pregnant wife???

ESPECIALLY since she's obviously emotionally fragile in the first place.  TLC be damned, there would have been no way I would have done what these money-grubbing grifters did.

That said, I do hope that Jill and Samuel are OK, and will recover from whatever trauma may have happened. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Michelle and Jim Bob...........can anything just be what it is? A baby announcement is made, "Maybe it will be twins", birth announcement and it's about 200 grandchildren. They piss me off.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 7

@sleepysuzy, I TOTALLY get where you are coming from and feel largely the same way because we DON'T know what happened and I don't want any mama to feel badly when things unexpectedly and unpredictably go wrong and their baby is in potential danger. But what I struggle with is that I *also* know that Jill has a previous history of making poor decisions with regard to her maternal health. She clearly used poorly or unlicensed practitioners with her Izzy pregnancy, as otherwise they would have known the baby was transverse. There is no way a baby THAT size, at that date, could not have their position known unless she has a fat wall the size of the Great Wall of China between her belly button and her uterus (and even THEN you could probably tell). Yet she labored at home, long after seeing muconium staining (a little of which early on isn't the end of the earth, but hours and hours later is a CONCERN) anyway. If she'd made choices with informed medical personnel, they might have been able to change Izzy's position before or even during active labor - but they didn't and there is no damn way a baby is coming out in transverse. Okay, so fine, lessons learned. Except...we know from statements she's made that she's practicing many of the same techniques with Samuel's pregnancy as she did with Izzy in terms of her regular caregivers (and I use that word loosely). I think that's why I'm concerned. I don't WANT to judge and I'm trying really hard not too, but I also know Jillymuffin has a history of only valuing the "medical" (ha!) opinions of people who agree with her worldview. (And not just medical, come to that.) 

• Love 18
(edited)

Nobody wants Jill or her children to come to harm. 

Most of just just HATE seeing these people being financially rewarded for DELIBERATE idiotic and dangerous behavior.  Photo ops, TV shows and freebies everywhere.  It's frustrating they get piles of cash for being negligent blockheads. 

But I always give a pass on criticism to any family member under 16.  The kids aren't to blame.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 14
(edited)
48 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Yes that's exactly what I meant. The Caldwells have as many as the Seewalds, and I see a lot of the same dynamics at play. Thanks @Absolom!

What's scary is that Ma Caldwell is only 37 (38 this year, I believe). She could have several more. Guinn's youngest is 7 or 8, so I think she was halted in some way from having more. She also could have easily had several more, since the baby Tommy Jack was born when she was about 33. Interesting how fundie women do not disclose their reproductive issues when it's their reason for existence. 

If something DID happen to Jill, I guess we'll only find out if no further kids are forthcoming. Then they'll just slough if off on "God's will." I guess we'll see what information they choose to disclose, and I doubt they will disclose much. The silence tells us a lot compared to just about every other Duggar birth, sans Meredith, who had the bad fortune to be born on the day that TLC officially put 19 Kids to bed. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, Annb67 said:

Are you kidding me? Josh would have pulled up his shirt and flashed his man boobs if he thought someone would PayPal him $30.

I'm willing to offer $40 for him NOT to do that. ?

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

I'm willing to offer $40 for him NOT to do that. ?

That's why he has to pay for sex, aside from dutiful Anna who hopes every encounter will knock her up. 

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, toodles said:

This picture makes me want to barf.  They look like some aging cheesy has been actors from a stupid low budget sixties movie.  

Just grow the hell up and join the 21st century.  You're making complete fools out yourselves.

They're still 19. Both of them. They never grew up and they never will. They've hobbled their children, too. Those kidults aren't allowed to make their own decisions or even to hold a job that's away from the TTH. 

I can't imagine how they get through a day. Seriously. We did not have Teh Kidz, but if our son in law decided to quit his job and go running off to the "mission field' with no training, no preparation, and continue to sit on his ass while they were home for breaks instead of getting a job, we'd be having a pretty serious conversation unless they had a high six-low seven figures balance in savings.

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, JoanArc said:

I'd like to rip off Josh's face. He DOES NOT get to have 'his' shwo back. Maybe he could make an aploogy video for his victims - or just throw it in at the end of this one. Whatever.

200 - no, never going to happen no matter how hard you try. I thought it was about letting 'God' determine your family size, anyway?

They expect each child to have 11 children each? Ha! Never happening, especially not for poor Jill. 

• Love 5
5 hours ago, sleepysuzy said:

I am struggling with a lot of this thread, too. I have four children. My first was a csection after 36 hours of labor. The hospital actually sent me home after 20 hours and told me to labor longer at home.

I have had three vbac. One of those labors was 44 hours. All of my babies were huge. All of them went to the nicu. I hemorrhaged with two of my births. I feel a lot of sympathy for Jill. In my own experience, many thing can go awry during birth.

All of the "giant white baby" and "40 hoursof labor is too long" and "vbac is dangerous" type comments bug me because I have been there. Without direct evidence that Jill did anything wrong, I just feel bad for her, espeCially seeing how many people really want this to be her fault. If anythinge comes to light proving she caused harm to her child, then she can be blamed.

Csections are dangerous, and scary. I have relatives and neighbors who have had severe complications from planned csection. The national csection rate is 30%, when WHO says it should be closer to 15%. Rural areas tend to have even higher csection rates, which correlate to higher maternal mortality. When your 18 year old neighbor dies from a blood clot after a planned cs, and your sisters have had blood transfusions and neuropathy and adhesions, it makes you see csections as sometimes necessary but still dangerous. Jill can cry all she wants to about having another cs, as far as I am concerned.

C-sections are the devil---I had one and my husband had a vasectomy as a result. So for me, I get what you're saying, but I firmly believe that each case gets judged on their own merit. My daughter was breech, transverse and her umbilical cord was stunted in length---c/s was my only choice. If I could have had her vaginally I would have.

Jill, on the other hand, has a horrible birth history and doesn't gets acceptable care. Anyone who watched last nights episode and listened to Derrick talk about going back to DA could see that. It's not an really an opinion at this point, so until proven wrong, I absolutely find Jill at fault. 

I am one of the most stubborn people you could ever meet when it comes to health care and absolutely could have been her---I mean a percentage of babies turn once the mother is in labor and maybe the cord could stretch or any other excuse to stay home and labor (like I wanted and did with my first), but eventually, logic has to weigh out and the safety of the child has to come first. I wanted to slit my own throat after having a c-section---my experience was that bad, and yet I could rationalize that it was a necessity. So no, in no way shape or form do I think Jill, or Derrick, can be absolved of the situations they've put themselves and their child in. 

Some babies go to the NICU and I'd never shame a person who's baby needed it---mine didn't, but all 3 of my nephews did through no fault of my sister. But the reality of this case is that Jill and Derrick's actions are most likely responsible and until a real, medically sound piece of information is released to the contrary they deserve the hate. 

And maybe, just maybe, they'll go to a GD hospital for the next one. 

• Love 14
3 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

C-sections are the devil---I had one and my husband had a vasectomy as a result. So for me, I get what you're saying, but I firmly believe that each case gets judged on their own merit. My daughter was breech, transverse and her umbilical cord was stunted in length---c/s was my only choice. If I could have had her vaginally I would have.

Jill, on the other hand, has a horrible birth history and doesn't gets acceptable care. Anyone who watched last nights episode and listened to Derrick talk about going back to DA could see that. It's not an really an opinion at this point, so until proven wrong, I absolutely find Jill at fault. 

I am one of the most stubborn people you could ever meet when it comes to health care and absolutely could have been her---I mean a percentage of babies turn once the mother is in labor and maybe the cord could stretch or any other excuse to stay home and labor (like I wanted and did with my first), but eventually, logic has to weigh out and the safety of the child has to come first. I wanted to slit my own throat after having a c-section---my experience was that bad, and yet I could rationalize that it was a necessity. So no, in no way shape or form do I think Jill, or Derrick, can be absolved of the situations they've put themselves and their child in. 

Some babies go to the NICU and I'd never shame a person who's baby needed it---mine didn't, but all 3 of my nephews did through no fault of my sister. But the reality of this case is that Jill and Derrick's actions are most likely responsible and until a real, medically sound piece of information is released to the contrary they deserve the hate. 

And maybe, just maybe, they'll go to a GD hospital for the next one. 

Absolutely, the problem is Jill is both stubborn and dumb, plus thinks she's a medical genius, or at least eminently qualified with her pseudo-midwife training; so a dreadful combination. And Derrick is clearly a go-along sheep whenever you confront him with anything that has to do with the vagina, if he doesn't at least "strongly suggest" that she take real medical care (and nothing we've seen ever indicates he thinks Jill is the problem or needs to do anything differently, whipped milquetoast that he is).  It's so stupid and wasteful of her to take these chances, as if she needs to, as if we're still living amongst the pioneers - I might even say "unChristianly prideful", Jill.    It's like we're screeching "Stop!" and waving our hands impotently from 2 miles away on foot, at the proverbial train ready to career off the bridge.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, queenanne said:

until a real, medically sound piece of information is released

If they screwed up, and with Derelict's deletions, it seems they're hiding something, we will never know the real truth. Same with with Izzy's harrowing "72 hour labor." At least with him, they could present a perfect baby with mama maybe a day later for the media. This time? Radio silence. 

• Love 11

My guess is that Jill was advised she should not have any more children. Even if she didn't have a hysterectomy, this news would be devastating and could account for both the radio silence and the relatives crying in the elevator. TLC might be asking the family to keep this news under wraps so they can tease it in promos, build suspense and generate higher ratings for the big reveal.

For Jill's sake, I hope I'm wrong about this.

• Love 6

If anyone out there knows, is an abdominal hysterectomy 'like' a C-section at all? I had my children vaginally, but had an abdominal hysterectomy. I know how I felt after that surgery. Many here are saying how awful a C-section is so I thought I'd ask. Thanks, guys, you're the best.

• Love 2

Sorry Jill but I am sick and tired of your woe is me please donate shit. Any and all problems you have caused to you and your children have been because of you no one else. Maybe if you had proper care you might not had to have emergency c sections but because you are a Duggar and nothing bad happens to the perfect Duggar family all is perfect with Sammy not. Why don't you tell us what really went on.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, floridamom said:

If anyone out there knows, is an abdominal hysterectomy 'like' a C-section at all? I had my children vaginally, but had an abdominal hysterectomy. I know how I felt after that surgery. Many here are saying how awful a C-section is so I thought I'd ask. Thanks, guys, you're the best.

I had both and I had much, much more pain after the hysterectomy.  I thought the C-section was a piece of cake after the vaginal delivery I endured with my first.  And since I broke my tailbone with the vaginal delivery I was more uncomfortable than with the C-section.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

My guess is that Jill was advised she should not have any more children. Even if she didn't have a hysterectomy, this news would be devastating and could account for both the radio silence and the relatives crying in the elevator. TLC might be asking the family to keep this news under wraps so they can tease it in promos, build suspense and generate higher ratings for the big reveal.

For Jill's sake, I hope I'm wrong about this.

Honestly, I don't think she'd care much if a doctor told her she shouldn't--rather than couldn't--have more kids. Michelle was told that for years and she kept going. Jill isn't going to take that kind of medical advice, let alone be at all devastated.

• Love 17

If Jill is told that she cannot have more children or even if she has a hysterectomy would that be the end of their sex life?  I’m just wondering would they do something like you hear in old movies where the husband no longer sleeps with the wife (like in Gone with the Wind with Ashley & Melanie).  They seem so focused on sex and procreation, so my question is where procreation cannot or should not take place does that mean sex is no longer necessary?

• Love 2
(edited)

Remember when JB and Michelle started having a hard time finding any doctor who would deliver their babies? I wonder what will happen will Jill gets to C-section #8 and starts seeing signs of that. The reality is the more C-sections she has, the harder it will be to find someone who is okay with the liability, and at the very least that person will probably insist she get prenatal care. She'll think it's bogus if doctors are concerned before she gets to child 15, and I could see this making her more reckless and determined to go it alone. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 4
40 minutes ago, Normades said:

They seem so focused on sex and procreation, so my question is where procreation cannot or should not take place does that mean sex is no longer necessary?

Not per their religious beliefs.  It isn't as bound to procreation as what the Duggars make it appear.  What they feel for each other as a couple is another matter.

41 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

She'll think it's bogus if doctors are concerned before she gets to child 15, and I could see this making her more reckless and determined to go it alone. 

Jill already appears to be going without a licensed OB for obstetrical care and having emergency sections by the doctor on call so that wouldn't change much. 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

If they screwed up, and with Derelict's deletions, it seems they're hiding something, we will never know the real truth. Same with with Izzy's harrowing "72 hour labor." At least with him, they could present a perfect baby with mama maybe a day later for the media. This time? Radio silence. 

Didn't Izzy pass meconium and Jill stayed at home, still working toward a vaginal delivery at home for 72 hours? Passing meconium often indicates fetal distress. This is common knowledge. 

THIS is why I am critical of Jill and am concerned about Samuel. I feel she displays bad judgment and has not surrounded herself with a well trained birth team. If you want to have a home birth, it's not my thing but it's not decision to make...so go ahead.  But do a responsible homebirth.  I don't feel that Jill has done that and that opinion is pretty prevalent here. Of course, it's really none of our business what anyone does but they are on TV and choose to be a public couple.  ;) 

This "silence" after Samuel's birth is out of character for the Duggars. Maybe Jill suddenly wants privacy but this has not been their MO before so why sudden privacy now?  Derick posted a few hours after Samuel's birth so they were OK then with sharing a picture but 4 days later they are suddenly very shy? Derick cleaned up his Instagram and deleted the 40 hours of labor.  Something is up with the Dillards.

I really hope baby Samuel and Jill are OK. 

• Love 22

you know, i was thinking. most c-section mama's go home on the second or third day after surgery. jill should be home by now. its really problematic for me that not a single person has leaked a hint of what is going on with her and baby samuel.  i mean, clearly since derrick cleaned up his announcement post, they know that WE know something is amiss. 

• Love 3

I read on some of Dericks twitter post and someone posted that they had heard that there was meconium stain again, that she had labored too long at home again. Not sure how they knew but that was all they posted. Really wish if she insisted on more births they would be done at a hospital, with regular doctor checkups.