Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I should have clarified my statement.  People did a small post yesterday, but they usually give an update the following day with additional details.   I noticed that there was no follow up article.   Not sure if it's because they aren't paying them or if it is due to Jill, Samuel or both not doing too well. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

If any of you are in the mood to get your blood boiling, check out the comments on Duggar Official. The minions are defending Jilly's piss poor decision making by saying she's a trained midwife, if she wanted to labor at home its fine because she knows what she's doing, she has a team of professional midwives surrounding her, it's in God's hands blah blah blah. Because yeah, the last midwife Jill used did such a bang-up job, she completely missed that Izzy was breech. Anyone who dared make a comment that trying a vbac was unwise was immediately shut down with "who are you  to judge!!!." It scares me there's so much idiocy in this country.

Even if Jill were a midwife with a brain, being one has nothing to do with her giving birth. Do these people think surgeons operate on themselves? Geez. I recall when my mother went in for a hysterectomy. She didn't tell any of the staff she was a RN. She said she wanted to be informed as a patient. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Even if Jill were a midwife with a brain, being one has nothing to do with her giving birth. Do these people think surgeons operate on themselves? Geez. I recall when my mother went in for a hysterectomy. She didn't tell any of the staff she was a RN. She said she wanted to be informed as a patient. 

So true. What's the saying - a doctor who treats himself has a fool for a patient?

• Love 13
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I think it depends, I googled and a lot of women have had around 8 lb babies but they still look huge. I'm really thinking he was a GD baby cause of how giant he is

Not necessarily. My son was almost the exact same stats as Samuel (9lbs 10oz, 21.75in long) and he didn't have GD but he sure did look like a 3 month old when he was born. 

Of course we knew at the last ultrasound that he was trending huge so he was born via scheduled c section. And even though my wife tested negative for gestational diabetes I know they asked if we were ok with them sending the placenta to pathology to make sure they didn't miss it. (My wife replied, in her woozy state "Sure take the placenta. I wasn't going to eat it or anything." I then had to hurriedly explain to our horrified OB that making my wife eat the placenta was an ongoing joke.)

• Love 11
(edited)

Although I wonder what there is for People to get an "exclusive" about.

Another MY TRAUMATIC BIRTH story like Izzy's. After Sammy is discharged from Nicu and is ok.

Just like this one

I hadn't realized she claimed 70 hours of labor with Izzy.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 4
(edited)
33 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I should have clarified my statement.  People did a small post yesterday, but they usually give an update the following day with additional details.   I noticed that there was no follow up article.   Not sure if it's because they aren't paying them or if it is due to Jill, Samuel or both not doing too well. 

Oh, I see now. Thanks for clarifying that. I bet they are waiting till mother and baby are ready for their photo shoot, and then they'll serve up their "People exclusive!" helping of blather. It just could be that Samuel's still in NICU. And I hope he's there mostly for precautionary/preventative reasons, as @doodlebug explained in their usual helpful and informative way yesterday.

ETA, @JoanArc was posting as I was writing this. I'd forgotten they got the People cover with the Traumatic Birth Drama! story.

I'm sure they can spin it, but it's going to be harder for the Dillards not to look like morons. "Well, yes, with our first baby, Jill had a near-disastrous experience after a mind-blowing number of hours of labor and being rushed to the hospital for an emergency C-section just in the nick of time. But this time, with the second pregnancy, Jill was really HUGE, and we were confident everything was fine, and so Jill endured FORTY HOURS of labor before finally having an unplanned C-section. We're not stupid, really. It was sooo dramatic, and we had no reason to think she'd need a C-section, and we're so blessed by God and everything's just fine."

I mean, really. Unless Jill was having checkups by a REAL doctor all along, and had a REAL doctor or LICENSED midwife monitoring her during labor? How on earth does this not be a story of mind-bending stupidity on the part of a couple who barely dodged a tragic outcome with Jill's first delivery? 

Now that I think about it, Jill and Derick were shown in a recent episode of the show, going to a doctor's office for the results of a test on Jill's carotid artery. Was that guy an MD? Was he only seeing Jill for that issue? Was she under his care for her pregnancy? Was Jill's ultrasound at a doctor's office or one of those mall places?

I bet the Duggars are gonna hump like heck to spin this as "Jill had proper medical care during her pregnancy," but they are so slick and slimy that I bet they'll fool the leghumpers into thinking so, no matter what the truth is.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 8

My 9lb 3oz  baby 'I'm way smaller physically than Jill'  was a surprise to us, I had regular checkups and ultrasounds and just looked huge, but no one predicted over 9 lbs ...

I soooooo hated people telling me he looked like a toddler :-(

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I'm sure they can spin it, but it's going to be harder for the Dillards not to look like morons. "Well, yes, with our first baby, Jill had a near-disastrous experience after a mind-blowing number of hours of labor and being rushed to the hospital for an emergency C-section just in the nick of time. But this time, with the second pregnancy, Jill was really HUGE, and we were confident everything was fine, and so Jill endured FORTY HOURS of labor before finally having an unplanned C-section. We're not stupid, really. It was sooo dramatic, and we had no reason to think she'd need a C-section, and we're so blessed by God and everything's just fine."

I mean, really. Unless Jill was having checkups by a REAL doctor all along, and had a REAL doctor or LICENSED midwife monitoring her during labor? How on earth does this not be a story of mind-bending stupidity on the part of a couple who barely dodged a tragic outcome with Jill's first delivery? 

This made me laugh so hard!   I just don't see any way possible to spin it so they don't look like the fucktards they are.    I propose you submit this to People and get a cut of the pie, @Jeeves

• Love 5

Forty hours. To paraphrase some comedienne whose name I can't remember, I don't want to do something that feels GOOD for forty hours.

Sometimes I think they're subconsciously looking for one of them to die for the cause. And by the cause I mean, their wholesome Godly image that keeps the TLC money rolling in. Because there's nothing that wipes out the past like a tragic death.

These are the people who televised the funeral of a miscarriage. Just imagine the circus if one of the Jbroodmares dies in childbirth.

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Oh, I see now. Thanks for clarifying that. I bet they are waiting till mother and baby are ready for their photo shoot, and then they'll serve up their "People exclusive!" helping of blather. It just could be that Samuel's still in NICU. And I hope he's there mostly for precautionary/preventative reasons, as @doodlebug explained in their usual helpful and informative way yesterday.

ETA, @JoanArc was posting as I was writing this. I'd forgotten they got the People cover with the Traumatic Birth Drama! story.

Now that I think about it, Jill and Derick were shown in a recent episode of the show, going to a doctor's office for the results of a test on Jill's carotid artery. Was that guy an MD? Was he only seeing Jill for that issue? Was she under his care for her pregnancy? Was Jill's ultrasound at a doctor's office or one of those mall places?

I bet the Duggars are gonna hump like heck to spin this as "Jill had proper medical care during her pregnancy," but they are so slick and slimy that I bet they'll fool the leghumpers into thinking so, no matter what the truth is.

That was the infamous Dr. Fedosky, who has regained his license. That was very early in in her pregnancy; she got pregnant in the States, but they didn't tell him she was pregnant, on camera. At any rate, he's a GP, not an OB.

• Love 4

"Well, yes, with our first baby, Jill had a near-disastrous experience after a mind-blowing number of hours of labor and being rushed to the hospital for an emergency C-section just in the nick of time. But this time, with the second pregnancy, Jill was really HUGE, and we were confident everything was fine, and so Jill endured FORTY HOURS of labor before finally having an unplanned C-section. We're not stupid, really. It was sooo dramatic, and we had no reason to think she'd need a C-section, and we're so blessed by God and everything's just fine."

You forgot "Hire Jill as your midwife!".

• Love 4

@tabloidlover, I suppose they can tell People that their planning all along included a possible C-section, although it will be interesting to see just when Jill was taken to the hospital this time. But if the Dillards play it right, I don't see how they can be called out for lying, even if Jill was taken to the hospital literally at the last minute before the C-section, since any medical professionals involved will be subject to HIPAA privacy laws. And I'm sure Dr. Fedosky will play along with whatever they say, since they're all buddies together.

Plus, as has been discussed exhaustively, the Duggars have sued the City for complying with Arkansas Open Records laws in releasing those police reports. That must have an intimidating effect on anybody who has some knowledge and isn't bound by HIPAA, and who might want to talk. BTW, I think that could be a big reason behind those lawsuits: JB wants to swing his d*ck and intimidate locals into thinking twice about passing along any news tips about the Duggars in the future.

• Love 9
(edited)

I would love to know how close the C-section was to her getting to the hospital.   I'd put money on it being immediately after her arrival. 

Something tells me Jill isn't doing too well. 

Edited by tabloidlover
added a thought
  • Love 11
15 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Forty hours. To paraphrase some comedienne whose name I can't remember, I don't want to do something that feels GOOD for forty hours.

IIRC, that was Rita Rudner.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I would love to know how close the C-section was to her getting to the hospital.   I'd put money on it being immediately after her arrival. 

Something tells me Jill isn't doing too well. 

I think they're just waiting for the photo op once Sammy is off the monitors. Or Jilly Muffin's condition is more serious than they're letting on (hysterectomy?). But I lean toward photo op. I refuse to look at the Dullard blog, where Derelict did promise more pictures.

• Love 5
(edited)

He probably had to be reminded not to lose the "People exclusive" deal (and money) by sharing any more info or photos on the blog before People publishes its bought and paid for story/photos.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6
6 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

He probably had to be reminded not to lose the "People exclusive" deal (and money) by sharing any more info or photos on the blog before People publishes its bought and paid for story/photos.

I imagine that if there's a People story forthcoming beyond the blurb they released yesterday, it will come out tomorrow. RATINGS! DONATE!!!!!

• Love 8

Jilly Muffin's condition is more serious than they're letting on (hysterectomy?).

That might be a good long term outcome...but she'd hate Sammy forever. I'm thinking we'd see a funeral for the uterus, and all the kids Jill wouldn't be having.

Remember when Jessa assured us Jill world likely adopt a couple of DA kids?

• Love 10

From the People blurb, the quote is not recent:

“There’s a level of ease that comes with your second pregnancy,” she told PEOPLE. “Derick and I have been down this road together, so we’re comfortable. I’m just going to see how it goes, try to be healthy and prepare as much as I can. But this time I know that labor is unpredictable.”

THIS time she knows? Yeah, I'd want her attending my child's birth.

• Love 19
(edited)
10 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

" But this time I know that labor is unpredictable.”

That's reassuring coming from a woman who's supposed to be a trained midwife. I guess the baby her mentor Venessa almost killed due to her incompetency didn't fall into that category.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7

Am I the only one who thinks there's a lot of hysterical, hormonal "why me - why do these rough births keep happening to me, what if we can't have 11 more kids" crying happening in Jilly's room right now as she is realizing that she may end up having 4-5 kids, not 19 like her parents and maybe not even into the double digits? And Derick - moron that he is - is probably saying "it's all in God's hands, doctors don't know everything -- [even though they've now saved you 2x and 2 of our sons, they're mere mortals]."

I know there is no absolute bar on C-sections and there are always examples of that one lady you know from church who had 8 of them or whatever, but IRL everyone that I know that has had C-sections has been told that up to 3-4 are no problem at all, but beyond that it becomes high risk and needs to be considered on a case by case basis -- someone without scarring may do great with C-sections 5 and 6, whereas someone who had a rougher surgery earlier may not handle it as well. Of course I run in a non-fundie circle where everyone wants between 1-4 kids -- so they have their desired number, thank the lord for a healthy mom and babies and move on with their lives and start raising those kids.

I've never had a kid so sorry to be so blunt but isn't it possible that a giant baby starts to descend but then bc of his size gets himself - um - stuck!? And your contractions aren't enough to push him out? And while stuck his heart rate or breathing or something else vital like that start to decelerate? What the heck would these morons have done then if they got 40 hrs into birthing at home and that happened (even if they are lying - if they are saying 40 hrs, I'm guessing it was at least something like 20-24 - a LONG time I would think for a baby to have to endure). In a hospital if something like that happens I bet they can have a baby out via c section in 2 min (not counting the amount of time it takes to prep you, race you to the OR etc.). But in a hospital I bet that happens less anyway bc they're monitoring you and the baby throughout so at the first sign of trouble, they are moving you into the OR for a C-section -- they're not sitting their reciting Bible verses to see if the situation corrects itself and the heart rate comes back up. But at home - how the heck would you know if something like that was happening internally!? And even if you suspected - IDK where they live but I'm guessing you're talking a 15 min ride to the hospital; 10 min in the ER explaining what's happening and having them check you; 5 min to be moved up to L&D; and even if they take you straight to the OR - probably another 5 min to put you under, get the surgeons in the room etc. -- 30 min for something like this!?

• Love 15

I took a special ed class in college, and the professor said that once she went and looked up her students' medical files...and every single one of them had some sort of traumatic birth!  Every. Single. One. Just a few minutes of trauma can deprive a kid of oxygen and damage it forever. People in the past who had traumatic births usually didn't live through them, but today they have to live with horrible disabilities. If Jill has a kid like this where the situation could have been easily prevented, it will make me so mad!

• Love 10

Thing is -- if Jill has a kid that is deprived of a few min of oxygen during birth but then they drive to the hospital and have a C-section asap and within a few days the baby is off monitors etc., they won't even know or recognize developmental delays or do anything about them. Physical delays can be apparent to doctors at birth (though not always - there are kids who are fine when born but then have a hard time sitting or walking or climbing and get PT for that), but cognitive delays may not show up until later - when you realize that all kids know colors and shapes but yours just can't get it; or yours have a hard time reading etc. Given what passes for normal in her family - Josie (who may legit have some delays that were never addressed), Jackson (who at age 13 still comes off like a 7 yr old), and hordes of uneducated siblings who did basic 1st grade flashcards in 8th grade, she will likely think any cognitive delay is perfectly normal development and plus - it's all in God's hands, any doctor who dares suggests some basic PT or special ed to get a kid to catch up is a mere heathen who is just trying to make $$ off her family. Derick may more be in a position to notice - if say he and his brother could read by age 5 but he has a 10 yr old who struggles. But Derick's testicles reside in Jilly's purse or maybe in JB's office where the marriage deal was struck, so he dare not say a word even about his own kid.

• Love 13
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I took a special ed class in college, and the professor said that once she went and looked up her students' medical files...and every single one of them had some sort of traumatic birth!  Every. Single. One. Just a few minutes of trauma can deprive a kid of oxygen and damage it forever. People in the past who had traumatic births usually didn't live through them, but today they have to live with horrible disabilities. If Jill has a kid like this where the situation could have been easily prevented, it will make me so mad!

Didn't this happen to Rosemary Kennedy, the one who was later lobotomized because of her delays and alleged "promiscuous" behavior? I remember reading the nurse wanted Rose (the mother) to wait for the doctor, so she made Rose keep her legs closed for something like half an hour, depriving Rosemary of oxygen or something.

I don't think the Duggars fully appreciate that they would have lost both Jill and Jessa had this been pre-20th century. Women have been giving birth for millenia, yes, it's natural, yes, but it used to be one of the of biggest causes of death for women. Hell, I remember reading about Princess Charlotte from the 1800s, who had a big baby just like Jill, and she labored for so long the baby died and then she died, too.

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 17

Those points are so good! They have had one good homebirth out of four with this crowd, yet that fact seems to escape them and they won't consider anything else! If it was pre-20th century, Bin would have Spurgeon, Derick would be a widower with no child, and Jana would probably be officially raising spurgeon as the "spinster aunt." Anna must be made for birthin' babies, but she is not a blood relative. Maybe Jana looks at these scary situations and thinks, "no way in hell am I doing this!"

• Love 12
(edited)

This was posted yesterday, by our own OB-GYN, in response to questions about the picture showing the baby hooked up to medical equipment I thought it would bear repeating in this discussion of whether Samuel suffered any ill effects in getting born. 

20 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Baby Samuel is on an infant warmer.  He has an IV, is wearing cardiac monitors and has a nasal cannula for oxygen in his nose.  None of those are routine or 'normal'.  Most likely, he showed signs of depression at birth perhaps had a fever.  In any event, he probably had a rough start and is needing extra oxygen because his oxygenation wasn't normal on room air.  He also is getting IV fluids, perhaps due to dehydration due to a difficult labor/delivery and I suspect getting antibiotics to treat any possible bacterial infection as newborns who are depressed at birth are prone to them.  I suspect he is going to be in the NICU for at least a few days for monitoring.  Chances are, he will be fine in the long run.

My take home from this was that he probably had a rough start, he's getting remedial and maybe preventative care, and also being monitored in the NICU for now, and he's likely to be fine in the long run.

And I don't expect any physician to say this, but I'm not a physician, so I will: I believe that if Jill had better managed her delivery, and not been in 40 (or even 24) hours of labor followed by a C-section, Samuel might not have had such a rough start. 

I really hope that tomorrow we see the People exclusive story and exclusive photos, with Jill holding Samuel and both of them recovered/recovering from the birth trauma drama. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 4

After all of this birth drama, I'll bet Jinger and Babe went out and purchased a few extra boxes of condoms.  Jinger does not seem like the type to want to endure any of this.  If and when she does get pregnant, I can see her heading right to the hospital for an epidural. 

Oh, and the photo a few pages back of IZ in the little carseat (with a new price tag BTW) was Jill's attempt at making him look as cute as Spurg did in the baby swing.  Not going to happen.  Spurg is a happy baby.  I am hoping that Jill and Derelict made up a special index card with a  bible verse about jealousy for this delivery.  They are going to need it after Jessa's delivery.  

• Love 5

Do the Duggar girls go to a midwife/ doctor to confirm pregnancy and get an actual due date or do they just pee on a stick and wing it from there?  I get the feeling they are not sure themselves when they are due...Jill just said July.  There are 31 options!  

• Love 4

To me, the fact that Derick is still in his OR scrubs tells me that the baby was taken to the NICU right after birth.  Either something happened during birth that spooked the neonatologist or it was something they were expecting from prenatal care, even if it was spotty at best.  I don't think it would be necessarily GD because they would test the baby's sugars first.

4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Even if Jill were a midwife with a brain, being one has nothing to do with her giving birth. Do these people think?surgeons operate on themselves? Geez. I recall when my mother went in for a hysterectomy. She didn't tell any of the staff she was a RN. She said she wanted to be informed as a patient.

FIFY. 

No. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, cereality said:

Am I the only one who thinks there's a lot of hysterical, hormonal "why me - why do these rough births keep happening to me, what if we can't have 11 more kids" crying happening in Jilly's room right now as she is realizing that she may end up having 4-5 kids, not 19 like her parents and maybe not even into the double digits? And Derick - moron that he is - is probably saying "it's all in God's hands, doctors don't know everything -- [even though they've now saved you 2x and 2 of our sons, they're mere mortals]."

No, not at all. I bet this is exactly what is happening, even if it's not verbalized.

2 hours ago, cereality said:

I've never had a kid so sorry to be so blunt but isn't it possible that a giant baby starts to descend but then bc of his size gets himself - um - stuck!? And your contractions aren't enough to push him out? And while stuck his heart rate or breathing or something else vital like that start to decelerate?

Yes, this happens all the time! And yes, one big cause of birth injuries is a baby not getting out quick enough, so to speak (lack of oxygen, usually). Seems like this stuff happens plenty often (my kid's heart rate kept slowing to nearly nothing; they couldn't figure out what was wrong but they knew if that kept happening there would be problems so they did a c-section).

19 hours ago, doodlebug said:

No, performing surgery on a patient against their will is assault and the doctor and staff could be arrested, not to mention the malpractice implications.  Sometimes, if there is time, another doctor can be found to give a second opinion or even assume care; but, if not, the original doc can only keep the discussion open and carefully document everything.

There have been a couple of times where hospitals have gone to court to force a woman to have a cesarean with mixed results.  In one case that happened at a local hospital, by the time the judge ruled, the baby was dead, so the point was moot.

Yep, it is absolutely a patient's right to refuse any and all treatment, including surgery. However, a well-run hospital would make the mother & father sign papers noting that they had refused recommended treatment.

1 hour ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Didn't this happen to Rosemary Kennedy, the one who was later lobotomized because of her delays and alleged "promiscuous" behavior? I remember reading the nurse wanted Rose (the mother) to wait for the doctor, so she made Rose keep her legs closed for something like half an hour, depriving Rosemary of oxygen or something.

Yup.

• Love 3
(edited)

Re: the picture, Derelict posted that yesterday. It's the only picture so far. That's why we're speculating about a People article tomorrow to coincide with the show.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1

Due dates are calculated from the first day of your last period. You don't even need to do math because there are a zillion websites and tons of apps for that (not like before where nurses and OBs used a sliding wheel). From what I understand with the accuracy of pregnancy tests and the availability of prenatal vitamins OBs don't even schedule first visits until 8 weeks these days. Back in my day 1st visits were scheduled around the 6th week and the initial visit included a pregnancy test and if I'm remembering correctly prenatal vitamins were by prescription.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Bin would have Spurgeon, Derick would be a widower with no child, and Jana would probably be officially raising spurgeon as the "spinster aunt."

Jana would likely be married to Ben or Derrick and pregnant herself. I think most of the 19 miracles would never have existed- Michelle had pre - e and a csection early on. She'd be dead, too.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

From what I understand with the accuracy of pregnancy tests and the availability of prenatal vitamins OBs don't even schedule first visits until 8 weeks these days. Back in my day 1st visits were scheduled around the 6th week and the initial visit included a pregnancy test and if I'm remembering correctly prenatal vitamins were by prescription.

My newly pregnant friend called her OB when she got a positive home test. They said congratulations, I think emailed her a short packet of recommended actions (start prenatal vitamins, the obvious like don't drink/smoke, avoid deli meat/soft cheeses), and scheduled her first appointment between 8 and 9 weeks. Her first appointment was a family history/general wellness workup along with a confirmation of pregnancy, which was a transvaginal ultrasound. She and her husband got to go home with a very grainy and generally unidentifiable photo.

I'm not sure if that's the norm, but she's young, generally healthy, and outside this being her first pregnancy has no real reason for advanced caution.

I'm sure that's more prenatal care than Jill got with either of her pregnancies.

• Love 6

What was the timeline of pictures of Izzy's birth?

I seem to remember us waiting for the picture of Jill for a day or two and then we all laughed at her headband that said "Jill" on it, like she was a 2 year old.  :)

• Love 6