Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, sheshark said:

Derick Dillard @derick4Him·3h

"A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, & poverty will come upon you like a robber..." (Proverbs 6:10-11a)   Hmmm, Derick, all you do is rest in your free McMansion with pool.

Pot, meet kettle.

• Love 12
7 hours ago, sheshark said:

Derick Dillard @derick4Him·3h

"A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, & poverty will come upon you like a robber..." (Proverbs 6:10-11a)   Hmmm, Derick, all you do is rest in your free McMansion with pool.

If I had twitter, I would tweet back:

"Just to clarify, we are to do as you say not as you do?" 

Fuckin asshole

• Love 16
15 hours ago, Portia said:

I think the "darkness" stuff is pretty standard Fundamentalist Speak. There are some people at my church who might be inclined to pray before a week of Vacation Bible School that  God will overcome the power of Satan in our grade-schoolers' lives.

Agreed, "darkness" used in this context means "any state of living in and as a heathen non-Christian" (not getting more specific in research than that; just pointing out it's actually a recurring theme/quote throughout the Bible as follows):

Matthew 4:16

the people living in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death, a light has dawned."

Luke 1:79
to shine on those who live in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the path of peace."

Luke 2:32
a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to Your people Israel."

Ephesians 5:8
For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light,

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, to proclaim the virtues of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

Isaiah 50:10
Who is among you that fears the LORD, That obeys the voice of His servant, That walks in darkness and has no light? Let him trust in the name of the LORD and rely on his God.

Isaiah 60:19
"No longer will you have the sun for light by day, Nor for brightness will the moon give you light; But you will have the LORD for an everlasting light, And your God for your glory.

Micah 7:8
Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy. Though I fall I will rise; Though I dwell in darkness, the LORD is a light for me.
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Serious question - Does the Bible come off as finger pointing and judgmental?

It's been a long time since I cracked open a bible, but iirc, yes for pretty much everything except the 4 gospels.

• Love 6
22 minutes ago, lascuba said:

It's been a long time since I cracked open a bible, but iirc, yes for pretty much everything except the 4 gospels.

I dunno, I feel there's some variance, considering some books are poetry, some books are history (the history of Jewish persecution by the Egyptians may not be cheerful, but it is what it is); and some books are prophecy, which is mysterious and gnostic in nature as often as it makes dire proclamations.  Also, a lot of it is in the eye of the beholder; when David is quoted saying something like: "The Lord said to my Lord: Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet”; it may sound dire and hostile to the nonbeliever (and especially if you suspected you were counted amongst the enemies); but if you were a believer you'd probably be delighted at an implication that as a righteous person you'll eventually stand on the backs of your enemies (lol).

• Love 9
7 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

"Yay" "yaaay" - this has gotta be Jill's most oft-spoken word. She says it especially to Izzie, but to adults as well.  In a sing-songy baby-talk voice.

I think it could maybe, maybe be tied with "totally!"

• Love 5
16 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

"Yay" "yaaay" - this has gotta be Jill's most oft-spoken word. She says it especially to Izzie, but to adults as well.  In a sing-songy baby-talk voice.

This drove me nuts on the last episode.  

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I will never forget the episode when she first met Derick in Nepal and at the end he asked her to officially court and her answer was "yeah, totally!"  So annoying.....

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, Summer said:

I will never forget the episode when she first met Derick in Nepal and at the end he asked her to officially court and her answer was "yeah, totally!"  So annoying.....

Totally

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, Summer said:

Wasn't that how she responded to her marriage proposal as well?

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Wasn't that how she responded to her marriage proposal as well?

You could be right, I don't remember because that was such a cringe worthy moment I think I blocked it out...the guy singing, the two of them standing there awkwardly, whichever chaperone was on duty that day....

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Christina87 said:

And "like."  But they all seem to use that one.

Jill's "totally" a dimwit, even more than her sisters.  "Yay" for the tee vee $.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Summer said:

You could be right, I don't remember because that was such a cringe worthy moment I think I blocked it out...the guy singing, the two of them standing there awkwardly, whichever chaperone was on duty that day....

I think she had her ladies in waiting (Jana and Joy) that day. I remember the table for four TOTALLY filled. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I may have read this in a different way because of Josh. I guess Derick didn't.

https://mobile.twitter.com/derick4Him/status/883337859310145536?p=v

That is so wrong, we need a new word for how wrong that is.

Does he possess a modicum of the self-awareness necessary to understand that the things he tweets are just all kinds of wrong and/or incredibly hypocritical?  I mean, I know he has a brain and some experience living life in the non-Duggar insulated bubble world, so WTF is wrong with him?!

• Love 7
23 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick always throws quotes on twitter with nothing in his own words. I don't really get the point.

I think if he smoked a joint before he posted it would make more sense.  Actually, since he looks so skinny & sickly, maybe medical marijuana might be helpful for him.  I think Jill might find some benefits from it too.

• Love 6
(edited)
40 minutes ago, ariel said:

I think if he smoked a joint before he posted it would make more sense.  Actually, since he looks so skinny & sickly, maybe medical marijuana might be helpful for him.  I think Jill might find some benefits from it too.

Duggars on Drugs. Now that would make a better show! 

Edited by Genevrier
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

Does he possess a modicum of the self-awareness necessary to understand that the things he tweets are just all kinds of wrong and/or incredibly hypocritical?  

I'm sorry to say that I think we can safely conclude that anybody who's now been a Duggar as long as he has has now completely squelched all awareness of hypocrisy, even if they had any in the first place. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure you'd just run screaming out of there. .... Duggarland is an inexhaustible mine of cognitive dissonance and it never improves, as far as I can tell. 

I don't know whether Derick had any such awareness ever. We've only see him as a Duggar adjacent. But when I look at him -- and at Bin and Jer as well -- it's quite clear that none of them has any of it now, at least when it comes to the "religious statements" they make in various forms. I've never seen a single thing "preached" by any one of them that wasn't massively hypocritical when you look at the Duggar kingdom and, often, at the individual preacher himself.

And honestly I doubt that any of the three guys would actually be happy if he knew he came across as a big fat eternal hypocrite. I truly think that they all see themselves as earnest honest preachers. And in that regard they actually do "mean well." But really they're just hypocritical horrors. What I can't figure out is why anybody sees them otherwise. And yet they do have fans. It makes more sense to me that they're either just dumb or else in massive denial (I think it's more the latter with Der and Jer and more the former with Bin, although I expect it's a bit of both with all three) than that other people could take their spoutings at face value. 

• Love 14

There was a post in another thread (can't remember which one), but it had a link to a woman saying sorry to a daughter. In that apology she mentioned something about the daughter being taught something along the lines of 'it is for others not for us'. I think these types of statements really separate zealots like the Dullards from everyone else. You are either doing exactly this, with no free will, or you are against us. Us against them. That 'darkness' word is another simple word, that really separates THEM from OTHERS. I'm sure language is used all the time with this group to keep that barrier up. 

Thing is, maybe it would be more effective to pull the barrier down if you want to drag people over. It worked for the Christians who took over pagan holidays and made them their own. :)

• Love 1
(edited)

I have today in the baby pool.

You might have won. Birthdays are their one and only secret.

Hmm... infant car seat.

Yes, but not necessarily his. The pete shirt saddens me more. Jill will lose it if he goes to regular boy scouts instead of ALERT. She'll never permit him to be educated enough to attend OSU.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 1
47 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

You might have won. Birthdays are their one and only secret.

Yes, but not necessarily his. The pete shirt saddens me more. Jill will lose it if he goes to regular boy scouts instead of ALERT. She'll never permit him to be educated enough to attend OSU.

10 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I'm hoping Izzy was just having fun and they're not actually using that as a car seat for him.

I was wondering if its Samuel's and Izzy was having fun. Thinking maybe they brought the baby home from the hospital in it.

• Love 7
(edited)
12 minutes ago, SMama said:

Does the TTH have carpets?

The bedrooms and the hall upstairs are carpeted and the living room has some throw rugs. But not carpet like in the picture of Israel, if that's why you're asking.

Edited by ginger90

I'm going to call the 9th for baby watch. It's my birthday-and my nephew already has to share his birthday with Toilet-Baby M kid. Then 2 of us will have to share birthdays with Duggars. ?

• Love 1

The caption on that photo of Izzy in the infant car seat on Derick's Instagram was something like "Israel is REALLY ready for his little brother." Sounds like they had the car seat out to get it ready for the baby and Iz played in it.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

The caption on that photo of Izzy in the infant car seat on Derick's Instagram was something like "Israel is REALLY ready for his little brother." Sounds like they had the car seat out to get it ready for the baby and Iz played in it.

Maybe he thought he would warm it up/season it for him, lol.  I can imagine a toddler thinking that, though I could be delusional, not ever having had one.

• Love 1

While I believe Jill has no idea exactly when her due date is, that baby is just getting larger and larger by the minute.   Is she really dumb enough not to be concerned that it's going to be extremely rough on both her AND Samuel?   No sense of self-preservation telling her to get to a real OB to get checked out?   Derrick can't even figure out what is going on with his face, so I don't expect him to demand medical care for her.   Frustrates me that NO ONE in her family seems the slightest bit concerned about this situation.   Fucknuts, the lot of them.

My money is on the baby coming this weekend.  If not, it looks to be a very rough and possibly tragic road. 

• Love 10

At this point, the 8th of July, I'd like to see a good profile photo of Jill...how large is she? Doesn't she need to take ANY caution about her uterus ripping if stretched too far after a C-section? Don't know, as I never had one of those. I'm with you guys, if this baby isn't born by tomorrow afternoon, she should get herself checked out by a real ob/gyn. These people have been incredibly lucky so far, but even with the most holy of us, LUCK DOES RUN OUT sooner or later.

• Love 7

It's usually exciting looking forward to a new baby.  I don't really give a crap about Samuel Scott.  I'm just curious about where this kid will be delivered--and hoping they both come through it.

• Love 1

I thought Izzy was just playing around with the infant seat like Derick said.  He is one tall toddler. I don't think they could have gotten the safety straps snapped if they tried. 

• Love 5
(edited)

No proverb of the day from Dullard today. I wonder if that indicates that Sammy has made his appearance?

eta: If Jilly Muffin does give birth (or already has) this weekend, I fully expect them to hold the announcement until Monday for a bit of a boost in July Sweeps ratings. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4
19 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I'm hoping Izzy was just having fun and they're not actually using that as a car seat for him.

It's really sad that we have to question this .

• Love 1