Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

I had two c/s and went home after both right around 5 days.  It depends.  Also, I did try to vbac with #2, and ended in uterine rupture.  I don't think this happened to Jill, bc i vbac'd in hospital, had c/s within 5 mins of feeling it happen (i will not share all the gory details and scare people!) and my 8.10 oz baby still had to have her stomach pumped (she was in my abdomen and swallowed a lot of blood) and put in the NICU.  If this had happened at home, she wouldn't even be here.  And even with this, I did not have hysterectomy and was not advised against having more.  I was told it would be risky and about all the extra precautions doctors would take (elective c/s at 36 weeks for one) but not outright told no. So I don't think there is anything like that.  More likely something wrong with Sam that they aren't sure about yet.  What that is, no guess. 

Edited by abc123baby
  • Love 6

I think the fact that Derick sanitized his social media post is very telling. I understand that babies can end up in the NICU for a myriad of reasons, but if Sammy's there because of Jill's bad decision making then the backlash will be huge. I don't think we're going to get many details, the way we did with Izzy. We may not even get a VSE if the editing monkeys can't cut and paste the footage to work in the Dullards' favor.

• Love 13

No VSE would be funny, because Jill's bad decisions would literally be costing her if money! I want the baby to end up ok, like Israel, but I would laugh sooooo hard if a similar birth happened and it caused her to lose money. She'd need more DONATIONS. 

@Marigold I agree with everything you said. Wouldn't you love if privacy suddenly became Jill's MO? No more updates from danger America, no more DONATE button, no more talking heads? I'd be ALL FOR IT!!!

• Love 4

I'm sure Jill and baby are fine, minus the rough birth. She hasn't posted anything but had been active on social media. She had liked Deena Dillard's vacation posts and the recent Jordyn and Josie video.

• Love 2
(edited)

Screenshot_20170712-083823.thumb.jpg.1d5f63ded6f45a9a4e81c2a41d7d4246.jpg

I was checking her twitter and she liked this a couple of weeks ago. First of all the tweet makes absolutely no sense and second that's a lot of swearing for Jilly Muffin. So she is pro-life and pro execution to anyone who misbehaves. MS 13 is a huge gang in el Salvador, I bet she has a huge grudge for Salvadorians after her "friend" was killed because they let the gangs run rampant. If she is really so scared she really needs to put her foot down and tell Dillweed "no more!" Also, she really shouldn't be doing "mission" work in an area she hates and with people she obviously despises.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 9

@Lunera

I'm going to guess this showed up somewhere and she saw it, but scrolling accidentally liked it? It's too odd for her so that's my theory, and because I find the weirdest likes in my own twitter haha. 

Here is my guess:

Jill and Derick found out some news about baby's health around the time of the abortion tweets. They were publically making a statement that even though the baby possibly had some issues, they would take the pregnancy to term.

Jill and Derick came home, had the baby in the hospital so that he could be taken care of immediately after delivery.

People is not able to get the photos or video because Samuel is unavailable. 

Jill is fine and can go on to have more children and she is recuperating from the birth. 

Those guesses are based on nothing and we're just here filling time. 

• Love 13
3 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Samuel is now 5 days old and still no People exclusive. 

The MasterBoob is probably still holding out for $$$ and People is saying NFW, you people having babies is the big so what anymore.

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I'm sure Jill and baby are fine, minus the rough birth. She hasn't posted anything but had been active on social media. She had liked Deena Dillard's vacation posts and the recent Jordyn and Josie video.

One can do that from a hospital bed. 

• Love 4
40 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I was checking her twitter and she liked this a couple of weeks ago. First of all the tweet makes absolutely no sense and second that's a lot of swearing for Jilly Muffin. So she is pro-life and pro execution to anyone who misbehaves. MS 13 is a huge gang in el Salvador, I bet she has a huge grudge for Salvadorians after her "friend" was killed because they let the gangs run rampant. If she is really so scared she really needs to put her foot down and tell Dillweed "no more!" Also, she really shouldn't be doing "mission" work in an area she hates and with people she obviously despises.

I can't imagine her reading swear words without fainting and dying outright!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Lunera said:

That's normal for fundies , they are against abortion but support the death penalty and wars . It's pretty much pro-life until you require regular oxygen via the breathing method.

• Love 20
(edited)

sooo, just saw a fb post from someone updating pictures....of israel.  no mention of samuel at all. just israel...and they were the same few pictures we have seen of him in the last week or so. 

ETA: nevermind. it was the d&j fan page. 

Edited by zoomama
15 minutes ago, lianau said:

That's normal for fundies , they are against abortion but support the death penalty and wars . It's pretty much pro-life until you require regular oxygen via the breathing method.

I was gonna say, fundies definitely plump for capital punishment and executing evildoers, as well as smiting with His terrible swift sword in the service of truth and America.  They see it as the Lord's vengeance.  It's the liberal ebil hippie ministers/priests with their liberation theology, who balk at killing wrongdoers.  Fundies are also very good at rationalizing how they 'know' Christians like Josh are sincere in their repentance, but would side eye the overwhelming majority of the death row inmates who claim conversion, just on general principles.

the swearing is a big surprise, but I'd guess she looked very quickly and didn't notice.

• Love 4

I don't get, if they're for wars, why none of them enlist in the military. That would be a really good opportunity for all these listless boys, and may provide them some direction! However, they wouldn't have that, because the military might be a place for them to get a real education. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I don't get, if they're for wars, why none of them enlist in the military. That would be a really good opportunity for all these listless boys, and may provide them some direction! However, they wouldn't have that, because the military might be a place for them to get a real education. 

Not to mention having to rub elbows or even obey people not EXACTLY LIKE THEM. 

• Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Here is my guess:

Jill and Derick found out some news about baby's health around the time of the abortion tweets. They were publically making a statement that even though the baby possibly had some issues, they would take the pregnancy to term.

Jill and Derick came home, had the baby in the hospital so that he could be taken care of immediately after delivery.

People is not able to get the photos or video because Samuel is unavailable. 

Jill is fine and can go on to have more children and she is recuperating from the birth. 

Those guesses are based on nothing and we're just here filling time. 

But that would necessitate Jill getting pre-natal care from  real medical professionals. She didn't do that with her first pregnancy with Iz or she would've known he was transverse so it's doubtful it happened this time.

Edited by scriggle
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

If anyone out there knows, is an abdominal hysterectomy 'like' a C-section at all? I had my children vaginally, but had an abdominal hysterectomy. I know how I felt after that surgery. Many here are saying how awful a C-section is so I thought I'd ask. Thanks, guys, you're the best.

Yup. My recovery was a breeze, but I wrapped my stomach and that made a world of difference. But emotionally my recovery was horrendous and took years. 

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, scriggle said:

But that would necessitate Jill getting pre-natal care from  real medical professionals. She didn't do that with her first pregnancy with Iz or she would've known he was transverse so it's doubtful it happened this time.

Hmm. You're right, and would she get some sort of medical care in DA if they knew there were issues with the baby. Maybe Derps abortion rant was just random ranting. 

Maybe a shower curtain fell? Who knows with these people, they've downplayed disaster and exaggerated the mundane. 

• Love 8

I also think if the baby had any health problems, they'd be talking about it non-stop as such a great example of how they're against abortion in all cases in a "Look at me! I'm a martyr! DONATE!" kind of way, kind of how Jill's parents did with Josie & then Jubilee. (I'm not sure how to word that, so I hope it came out right.)

Unless they don't want someone to call them out for lack of prenatal care/trying to do a home birth for too long before heading to the hospital, I'm thinking baby Samuel is gonna be fine (but as Doodlebug said, had a rough time) and if there's any issues medically, it's with Jill as far as not being able to have anymore kids. I hope she's okay and not in pain, but honestly, not having more babies is probably best....I say that as someone who had two babies around 9/10 lbs within 17 months (youngest just made a year and my body is still not recovered from carrying and birthing them so close together). Plus, I don't think Jill really wants to *mother* a brood of kids (no judgement, I don't either so I stopped at two and had my tubes out). She's just been told it's what she should do. However, I see how that could be devastating for Jill since she's been told it is basically her only purpose and is likely to shatter her worldview, so I feel for her (if that is indeed the case) even though I think it's probably best for Jill physically and mentally (as well as Derrick and the babies, as they deserve a living, healthy wife & Mama   around) if she never gets pregnant again. 

• Love 9

I'm very sad for Jilly and the baby because I'm wondering if something bad had happened and I'm finding the radio silence worrisome because it opens us to speculation as to what could have gone wrong.  Doodlebug mentioned baby Sammy might need a few days in NICU. Hopefully Jilly is recovering well and just tired.

Most women would be ok (though a bit wistful)with being told to shut down the baby factory, but for Jilly, I could see this being very devastating to her. She's been taught that breeding is the be all end all of her existence and all that brainwashing won't go away overnight, and she's more of a Koolaid drinker than most. In Fundyland, this is the kiss of death, and she won't be allowed to properly deal with her grief. This event in her life is the last straw for her.

She was "the good girl", dutifully following the plan and the rules, and either doesn't feel rewarded for it or wonders what sin she committed to deserve this. I guess she thought since Jessa had an easier birth this time, that she would, too.  Jessa is obviously made of whalebone, but Jilly isn't, and not all sisters are made the same. Jill's uterus may  be of a shape a.nd size that tends towards transverse positioning (ill let @doodlebug speak to this).  Some women's bodies just aren't cut out for childbirth, but even as a midwife, she can't and won't accept that truth for herself. 

We all know how much she wanted a VBAC this time, so I really do hope she showed up to the hospital right after her water broke this time.  Even though her choices are ultimately her business, based on past behavior, we can't give her much credit in the good sense department.  Really do hope mother and child are fine.

• Love 17

I wasn't aware until Michelle had Josie that micro preemies received medicaid as their insurance whether the family had insurance or not, what about a 10lb'r? & what about Izzy? Are the parents required to have ins on him? If Sammy is in the NICU and has been since Sat thats a whooper of a hospital bill. Not that it matters right now, what matters is the health of the child but next month when the bills start coming in.....

• Love 1
14 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

But the reality of this case is that Jill and Derrick's actions are most likely responsible and until a real, medically sound piece of information is released to the contrary they deserve the hate. 

I blame Triple D. We know that Jilly Muffin is unable to take care of herself under any circumstances. The fact he allowed her to make decisions during not one but TWO pregnancies that have now featured the photo evidence of problems demonstrates his extreme ignorance. His buying into the Duggars' anti BC, anti prenatal care, home birthing bullshit is on him and nobody else. If he really wants to be the "headship", he could have insisted on health insurance and pre-natal checks by an actual MD. It boggles my MIND that anyone claiming to have a college degree from a state university in this day and age could be stupid enough to allow his wife to insist that an ultrasound from a strip mall and her "midwife" certification was sufficient for pre-natal care, especially since her decision making during the first labor and delivery was so poor it created an emergency situation for mother and baby.

I think she had Zika and the baby is now paying the price for his parents' stupidity.

14 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

I wasn't aware until Michelle had Josie that micro preemies received medicaid as their insurance whether the family had insurance or not, what about a 10lb'r? & what about Izzy? Are the parents required to have ins on him? If Sammy is in the NICU and has been since Sat thats a whooper of a hospital bill. Not that it matters right now, what matters is the health of the child but next month when the bills start coming in.....

They have no visible assets so the chances are good that they'll get Medicaid, too. IMHO.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Jellybeans said:

If Sam is in NICU he will probably qualify for Medicaid in Arkansas if a premie does.  A quick google check tells you that.  NICU is not only for premies.

NICU isn't only for preemies but Medicaid coverage for NICU stays only kick in if the child has a potentially disabling condition.  Presuming Samuel was placed there simply due being depressed at delivery and doesn't have a birth defect, hasn't had a complication like a seizure; he isn't going to qualify for Medicaid.

• Love 13

yes I'm aware that NICU isn't only for preemies but what doodlebug posted is what I was asking, when do you qualify for medicaid as far as infants are concerned.  My son stayed 12 hours in the nicu and was almost 9lbs, he was delivered csection and had fluid on his lungs, but as a working mom we had insurance. 

• Love 1

I was reading comments on Pickles, and apparently the family is going to give an update on Saturday. I wonder what the hell's going on. If Sam just had minor, easily resolvable issues, why wouldn't they just say so now and end the speculation? I'm hoping and praying it isn't Zika, but I can't think of what else would necessitate this level of radio silence.

• Love 4
(edited)
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I was reading comments on Pickles, and apparently the family is going to give an update on Saturday. I wonder what the hell's going on. If Sam just had minor, easily resolvable issues, why wouldn't they just say so now and end the speculation? I'm hoping and praying it isn't Zika, but I can't think of what else would necessitate this level of radio silence.

RATINGS.

DONATE.

I am sorry to those who think I am cynical, but again, do they do anything that isn't cash or publicity motivated?

Edited by Missy Vixen
  • Love 12

I'm thinking the problem is due to whatever monies Derrick/Jim Boob think the second born of Dill deserves.  It also increases speculation amoung the fans/haters, which will up the readership of any magazine gets the exclusive rights to the birthing story, which makes the story worth even more.  It's all supply and demand.  And waiting for Samuel to get off those monitors so that they can have pretty pictures of mother and child that match the fantasyland that's going on in their heads.  God loves the Duggers, dontcha know?

• Love 7
(edited)

Ugh, I waded through the Pickles thread and didn't see anything about Saturday or any other day, unless it was a buried comment. 

Rat.Smell.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ugh, I waded through the Pickles thread and didn't see anything about Saturday or any other day,unless it was a buried comment. 

Rat.Smell.

Same. Nothing here either. Haven't been on that page in months. Did see where Toby Willis go 40 years, plead guilty....then I signed off lol.

On 12/07/2017 at 2:10 AM, Annb67 said:

Are you kidding me? Josh would have pulled up his shirt and flashed his man boobs if he thought someone would PayPal him $30.

We should arrange that, and then get rich from copyright infringement!

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Lunera said:

Who the fuck is VeeVee? The new Tila Tequila?

• Love 1
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Ugh, I waded through the Pickles thread and didn't see anything about Saturday or any other day, unless it was a buried comment. 

Rat.Smell.

I found the comment somewhere on Pickles. It referred to a comment on DFO. I found that one in a reply under the JoSten video. People are asking the poster for her source. No source cited so far...

Edited by momofsquid
attempt to make this comprehensible
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Missy Vixen said:

I blame Triple D. We know that Jilly Muffin is unable to take care of herself under any circumstances. The fact he allowed her to make decisions during not one but TWO pregnancies that have now featured the photo evidence of problems demonstrates his extreme ignorance. His buying into the Duggars' anti BC, anti prenatal care, home birthing bullshit is on him and nobody else. If he really wants to be the "headship", he could have insisted on health insurance and pre-natal checks by an actual MD. It boggles my MIND that anyone claiming to have a college degree from a state university in this day and age could be stupid enough to allow his wife to insist that an ultrasound from a strip mall and her "midwife" certification was sufficient for pre-natal care, especially since her decision making during the first labor and delivery was so poor it created an emergency situation for mother and baby.

Hunh?  We had higher expectations for Derick who turned out to be a complete dud, so I understand what you are saying, still Jill is an idiot, but she is an adult idiot. They make stupid decisions as a couple. They can share blame from one milkshake with two straws. 

• Love 16

Speculation ALERT - Samual's picture did not show him full on and did not show the top of his head. Some Zika babies have heads that are not fully formed. The malformation can be very severe through to hardly noticeable. And there are other Zika complications that don't cause any outward signs. The Sammy pic, the radio silence and their time in CA could cause a fertile imagination to jump to this conclusion.

I too, am very much hoping this is all much ado about nothing and Jill and Sammy are home and perfectly fine.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, zoomama said:

you know, i was thinking. most c-section mama's go home on the second or third day after surgery. jill should be home by now. its really problematic for me that not a single person has leaked a hint of what is going on with her and baby samuel.  i mean, clearly since derrick cleaned up his announcement post, they know that WE know something is amiss. 

4 days is the most common, at least, it was when I had mine. I fought to go home on day 2, after threatening to AMA after 1 day. If she's having complications, it would make sense that she's not home yet. 

• Love 2

I'm hoping Samuel has just fallen under 2nd child syndrome = first baby gets 24/7 photos,everything on a schedule, entire area disinfected, and the next kid doesn't get his picture taken for a few days. Baby #5 doesn't even get a name until he's 2 and no pics until Kindergardten. 

• Love 15

Have there been Zika babies born in the US yet? I know that there have been adult cases, but I'm not sure I've heard about babies. I would think that if Sammy was the first, it would be a big story independent of the Duggars and their life choices and something would have leaked by now. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Have there been Zika babies born in the US yet? I know that there have been adult cases, but I'm not sure I've heard about babies. I would think that if Sammy was the first, it would be a big story independent of the Duggars and their life choices and something would have leaked by now. 

In  Texas there have been a few.

(edited)
17 minutes ago, satrunrose said:

Pretty sure there have been. I heard a story on NPR recently about a woman in Seattle (I think) who had contracted it while living in Central America while pregnant. She had returned to the States to have the baby so baby could get treatment in the US (she knew the baby would need specialized care while she was pregnant, so she knew she had contracted the disease). <Also, that story had me crying in the car. I wouldn't wish that on any parent and certainly not an innocent baby. I loathe the Duggars, but I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I hope Sammy is fine.>

i really hope Sammy is okay. I hope Jill is, too, BUT baby Sammy had no choice in his parents' idiotic choices.

Was Sammy born July 9? That's my youngest's birthday (although she was born last year).

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 5
(edited)

My thought is that Jill is now experiencing a deep depression. Her life is not turning out as she planned in her head and doesn't want anything to do with Sammy. She might have had a nervous breakdown. I know I'm being overly dramatic but she was more like a  fragile child when she was married. She has never really been able to think for herself and baby #2 has sent her over the edge.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 14
On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:43 AM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Ugh, you are so right. Who is her support system?

<crickets>

Sadly, the paycheck from TLC

• Love 8