Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

What's Spurgie? Chopped liver? 

I hate that their parents are so stupid that we even have to have this discussion. 

Molestation happens in literally 3 out of 4, or 4 out of 4 families. It's a perfectly comulent discussion. Done forget Henry looks like a potential sex cult leader/murderer.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

With any luck the relief will win out if this turns out to be accurate. I'll admit that while I wouldn't wish anything like death or deformity on them, I'd not be altogether upset if it turned out that she - and probably a few more Duggars - found that they were not exactly built for having entire litters of offspring. They can learn to be thankful for two or three. 

Agree completely.  The Duggar's seem to feel ENTITLED to having countless children with barely a blip along the way.  Infertility, miscarriages, and other problems are for non Duggar folks.  In my view, it isn't so much because of their religion, but because they are the great and powerful television stars and an inspiration to all.  

I admit my opinion is biased.  Before my two sons came along, I had two miscarriages.  Both of my pregnancies were difficult and high risk.  I was fortunate to avoid C sections, but I was advised to be prepared for one each time.  Having a normal sized family is a wonderful blessing, and it frustrates me greatly when someone doesn't understand that.

• Love 21

It would be interesting to know who will pay their hospital bill..it must already be in the thousands. Since neither of them works I suppose the tax payers will pick up the tab? And most likely will, over and over again.

• Love 6
(edited)

I think they very likely have regular health insurance paid out of their TLC income.  Although we talk about them not working, they both make a very nice living as reality tv 'stars'.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 11

Someone posted that their second cousin works at the hospital that Jill delivered in and they said that both Jill and Samuel have the Zika virus. Has anyone seen that post? I have. Wonder if it's true? I hope they are bot really ok when it's all said and done, especially little Samuel, as he's an innocent, having the stupid parents he now has.

(edited)

That someone's second cousin is in danger of losing her job. It's against federal law to violate any patients privacy- the dillards being public figures doesn't negate that.  

ETA: doodlebug beat me to the punchline. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 20

It is very very very against the law to violate patient privacy. It happens all too often with celebrities, though. It wouldn't surprise me if they both have Zika. I really hope they don't, however. As much as I dislike the Dilly-Brigade, having a sick baby is something no one should ever have to endure. :/

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, louannems said:

But, I STILL can't comprehend why a pregnant woman would unnecessarily return to a known Zika area and put her unborn child at risk.

For attention. To be able to say, "I not only endangered MY life but the life of my baby because I'm such a good person and because God led me to be a missionary and I complied. So please donate since you see how super serious I am." 

• Love 12
(edited)
12 minutes ago, louannems said:

But, I STILL can't comprehend why a pregnant woman would unnecessarily return to a known Zika area and put her unborn child at risk.

They all have delusions of grandeur and blessedness. Massive, massive such delusions. That drive their behavior, the way they talk about themselves, their social-media pronouncements and more.

Jizm Boob has had those delusions all his life, I'd bet. Don't know about Meeechelle pre JB, but she certainly developed those delusions as soon as they got all Gothardy and she could bathe in JB's reflected patriarchal glory. And then when they put the kids on TeeVee, I think they cemented it for the whole family. And the Duggar adjacents, from Anna through Jer and Austin, have also all bought in (and I suppose that's predictable -- the family's soaked in their delusional grandeur, and all the in-laws were attracted because they're famewhores and they're also not too bright). 

That may be the thing that drives me craziest about them. Because they aren't just "regular people" with such delusions. They're well below average people in most ways who have such delusions. It's sickening. And, in the long run, not even good for them. At all. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 20
6 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

They all have delusions of grandeur and blessedness. Massive, massive such delusions. That drive their behavior, the way they talk about themselves, their social-media pronouncements and more.

Jizm Boob has had those delusions all his life, I'd bet. Don't know about Meeechelle pre JB, but she certainly developed those delusions as soon as they got all Gothardy and she could bathe in JB's reflected patriarchal glory. And then when they put the kids on TeeVee, I think they cemented it for the whole family. And the Duggar adjacents, from Anna through Jer and Austin, have also all bought in (and I suppose that's predictable -- the family's soaked in their delusional grandeur, and all the in-laws were attracted because they're famewhores and they're also not too bright). 

That may be the thing that drives me craziest about them. Because they aren't just "regular people" with such delusions. They're well below average people in most ways who have such delusions. It's sickening. And, in the long run, not even good for them. At all. 

Bigly delusional, even...

And, as IntoTheMystic said, it's all because they can't seem to comprehend that they won't necessarily have some sort of divine protection for doing whatever they decide that God has laid it on their hearts to do.

In real life, I was just thinking yesterday while poring over some pregnancy guidelines, a lot of the risks they advise against us taking are decidedly minimal. Much in the same way that most of us who grew up in the age before car seats or bicycle helmets never died or suffered irreparable harm as a result, most things such as the occasional glass of wine or even a bout of food poisoning (I had a doozy while pregnant with my younger son!) very likely won't affect the fetus in any significant way. And when the risks they take don't result in something dire, they see it as God's protection. Even when things go wrong, they manage to somehow relegate those things to glitches unconnected with their choices. If the ultimate result is both mother and baby alive, they see it as vindication that God approves of the way they did things. And that everyone should therefore do as they do i order to be similarly "blessed".

I'm not entirely sure how they justify something like the loss of Jubilee other than a test from God...because it couldn't possibly be that God was trying to tell Michelle she should close up baby-making and she rebelled. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

It would be interesting to know who will pay their hospital bill..it must already be in the thousands. Since neither of them works I suppose the tax payers will pick up the tab? And most likely will, over and over again.

Well if we all don't DONATE how else will they pay for it? Have they mentioned that along with your prayers, there's a DONATE button? It's a super easy process to click the DONATE button. Like, totally. 

• Love 10
2 hours ago, floridamom said:

Someone posted that their second cousin works at the hospital that Jill delivered in and they said that both Jill and Samuel have the Zika virus. Has anyone seen that post? I have. Wonder if it's true? I hope they are bot really ok when it's all said and done, especially little Samuel, as he's an innocent, having the stupid parents he now has.

I am not a medical professional (nor do I play one on TV) and even I know passing on this type of information is seriously against the law.

• Love 9

Unfortunately, private info being leaked happens all the time. The worst case I can think of was when Britney Spears had her nervous breakdown. So many details were fed to the media they might as well have just posted the poor girl's medical chart online.

Until the Duggars come out and say Jill or the baby has Zika, I'll take it as Internet rumor, but it's not outside the realm of possibility that a hospital employee would blab, HIPPA be damned.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Well if we all don't DONATE how else will they pay for it? Have they mentioned that along with your prayers, there's a DONATE button? It's a super easy process to click the DONATE button. Like, totally. 

giphy.gif

Yay

• Love 14

If that is true, please find out who that second cousin is and notify the authorities as that person needs to be fired immediately and never allowed access to healthcare information again.

I'd support Jill's $14mil lawsuit over this. FWIW Farrah Fawcett's terminal rectal cancer was leaked to the media by a nurse with access to medial data. I'm sure that nurse was crucified, quite rightly.

• Love 12
38 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Unfortunately, private info being leaked happens all the time. The worst case I can think of was when Britney Spears had her nervous breakdown. So many details were fed to the media they might as well have just posted the poor girl's medical chart online.

But it was pretty obvious BEFORE the leak, when she shaved her head & took a baseball bat to a parked car.  Not too difficult to see which way her wind was blowing. 

But I agree with FakeHobo that it's just crap somebody is throwing out there to stir up things.

• Love 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, winsomeone said:

Is there still to be some announcement about Sam today, or were the pictures already posted it?

Unsubstantiated rumor. Who makes announcements via media on the weekend? Remember, Derelict announced Sammy's birth via social media. Big difference.

eta: re the Zika rumor...sounds like the asylum let wanderwoman out of her padded cell.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, leighdear said:

But it was pretty obvious BEFORE the leak, when she shaved her head & took a baseball bat to a parked car.  Not too difficult to see which way her wind was blowing. 

But I agree with @HoboClayton that it's just crap somebody is throwing out there to stir up things.

All of those pictures of Samuel are definitely taken in the hospital you can see the hospital blankets and the basinet has clear sides.  I wonder if they are still in hospital or home now.  

(edited)
44 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Where's @Mollie? We need side by side pics of Iz & Sam. I think they have similar noses. Sammy looks to be a bit cuter of a newborn than Izzy. 

Edited: Sammy is a dead ringer for his Uncle James. Same wideset eyes. Sammy and Izzy have the snub nose, as did Spurgeon and Henry as newborns, so that's definitely a Duggar trait.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, doodlebug said:

If that is true, please find out who that second cousin is and notify the authorities as that person needs to be fired immediately and never allowed access to healthcare information again.

In adults, Zika is a limited illness that runs its  course in a week or two. If Jill HAD Zika, she doesn't have it anymore. I suspect the story is bogus.

My eyes bulged out and I screamed HIPAA when I read that. WOW. No one who is willing to release medical information (accurate or not) should be allowed to work in the healthcare field. WOWZERS! 

3 hours ago, louannems said:

Because they don't think like you or I. Jill was raised to believe that she was special and God would keep her safe at all times. Beyond the Josh incident where she was much younger, she hasn't had a strong enough crisis of faith for her to think any different. Whether it's pure arrogance or ignorance, I guarantee that she never thought she'd get it. That is something other people get, not her. 

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

My eyes bulged out and I screamed HIPAA when I read that. WOW. No one who is willing to release medical information (accurate or not) should be allowed to work in the healthcare field. WOWZERS! 

Because they don't think like you or I. Jill was raised to believe that she was special and God would keep her safe at all times. Beyond the Josh incident where she was much younger, she hasn't had a strong enough crisis of faith for her to think any different. Whether it's pure arrogance or ignorance, I guarantee that she never thought she'd get it. That is something other people get, not her. 

But what is sorta strange about Jill (one of many things), is that, although she believes God loves her so much she can do whatever she wants during pregnancy without consequences, she is clearly scared to death that something awful will happen to her in Central America.  She doesn't worry about avoiding Zika, or getting proper prenatal care; but she's afraid of her shadow (and falling shower racks) in El Salvador.

• Love 24
58 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

The thing is, we're all this way, to a degree, especially when we're young. Sp everybody starts out with this bias. And then with Jill that's exacerbated by so many added factors.

The Duggars actually have been ridiculously lucky, and that tends to give you at least the unconscious expectation that you'll have a future like your past. And the family and their associates preach that being blessed keeps you safe. And they believe that they get messages from God, telling them what to do, and Jilly's message told her to be a missionary.  

And then there's Gothardism, which is quite similar to Scientology in this way -- a big part of both cults' sales pitch is that if you follow their rules carefully, you'll be protected from a ton of things (by the umbrella, or whatever protects you in Hubbard-world -- some kind of extraterrestrial consciousness or something?). And Jilly Muffin's always been the good little rule follower. And she's not too bright and not at all educated, into the bargain.

So it's no wonder that she's got this bias to a positively lethal degree. I feel bad for her (and her young family) about this.  She's already shown that she doesn't cope well with new situations and shocking surprises. So one day when some really major shit hits a fan, it'll fall on her like a ton of bricks, I expect. And no surprise.

She really needs some kind of intense education and risk and risk assessment because she's a danger to herself and others as it is. But of course she'll never get an intense education in anything. 

• Love 8
(edited)
On 7/14/2017 at 0:05 AM, Jeeves said:

Just a few months ago, People paid the Dillards for an exclusive story and photos about the gender reveal, but it hasn't rushed out an exclusive about the birth itself.

I think that the lawsuit might have cooled the media toward the Duggars. I know I would be pretty skittish about reporting on them after they decided to sue for millions over magazine coverage.

4 hours ago, louannems said:

Jill is ultimately responsible for her own actions, but given how obedient, fragile, and bathed in patriarchy she is, I have no doubt that she does whatever Derick tells her to. If Derick says they're going back to the mission field, she is going back to the mission field. I think it was pretty clear from how she talked about Danger America and her very negative blog posts that she herself didn't want to be there.

And they were definitely going to go back to the mission field, because as feeble as he is, Derick seems to have a taste for playing the martyr. He's a firebrand, and probably decided that Zika was a personal test of his faith or something. If Sammy were to be born with issues, that would be a personal test of his faith that he would embrace and maybe even revel in it in his own masochistic way, too.

I think Derick has mental health challenges and Jill has no capacity or context for dealing with them, and so they go off into the world, the blind leading the blind.

I also think that Derick probably rules that family with an iron fist. Nobody's wife and child "just happen" to look so cringing, fearful, and anxious the way that Jill and Izzy do around him. My heart goes out to them. I love all these pictures of Izzy looking cheerful and confident around his cousins and his Meemaw. He's a very sweet-looking, adorable little boy when he's away from his parents. But I also find it disturbing to see how he blossoms when he's not around his own mother and father, and how he's suddenly so much less prone to black eyes and bruises, too. Jill is the same -- when she's around her own family, she suddenly seems so much healthier and happier. Jill's family doesn't even seem to like her much and yet that happens!

Like I said, my heart breaks for them. I don't know what goes on in their household but I get a chill. Jill looks beautiful in that picture of her looking down at Sammy, but the contrast between her dour, exhausted expression and Derick's smile disturbs me, too. This is not a woman excited for the future -- and who isn't excited for the future when she's looking at her own newborn child's face? It might be PPD causing that, but it might be a very rational response to her living situation, too.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 17
8 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

But what is sorta strange about Jill (one of many things), is that, although she believes God loves her so much she can do whatever she wants during pregnancy without consequences, she is clearly scared to death that something awful will happen to her in Central America.  She doesn't worry about avoiding Zika, or getting proper prenatal care; but she's afraid of her shadow (and falling shower racks) in El Salvador.

I wonder if that's because she's a little more familiar with being scared of strangers and new situations and quite unfamiliar with serious illnesses? The Duggs have been intensively schooled from day one to think that people and strangers and those not of their blood pose terrible dangers of all kinds. And that's actually part of their religious belief and, big time, of their cult belief. They're ordered to be so afraid of other people that they're not even supposed to get jobs, FFS. 

But the family seems to me to have been extraordinarily lucky, healthwise. And that's at the same time as they have what most of us would consider some pretty unhealthy and even dangerous habits, like junk food and lousy sleeping habits and loose guns and little kids left to sleep on the stairs, etc.  So she has little experience -- and no family or church teaching -- about the reality of health risks. So she walks on in blissful unawareness of that.

• Love 21

Hmmm...I do not think Derick is the evil monster who terrorizes Jill and Izzy. Yes, I think both of them have some serious issues to deal with and need professional help, but I do not think Derick would harm Jill, Izzy, and Sammy. The both were naïve when courting, and were not in the right mind to get married and have a child so quickly. Jill loved the fact Derick was the first guy who actually paid attention to her especially since she was considered damaged goods due to her being molested by her own brother, and her two idiot parents not getting the help she needs and deserves. Neither one of them have any common sense when it comes to marriage and children. They both courted and got married for the wrong reasons. Instead of getting to know one another, talk about issues like having children, where to live, careers, etc. etc., they blindly jumped in with both feet, and it has come back to bite them in the behind. Jill does not care for Izzy at all either. She whines and complains about having to take care of her own son. She may be jealous of the attention Jessa/Ben and Jinger/Jeremy get now because she is not top daughter anymore. The other three married daughters get on my last nerves, but in some ways, I think their relationships are more stable. Yes, I did type the word stable when it comes to the Duggars. Hell did not freeze over.

11 minutes ago, rue721 said:

when she's around her own family, she suddenly seems so much healthier and happier. Jill's family doesn't even seem to like her much and yet that happens!

DA is not the place for them to be I agree with that. But, I think Jill would have some drama about moving away from her family, even if they moved to Idaho or Kentucky. I don't think Derp can win. He might as well sign her back over to JB. 

• Love 8

In my opinion, I do not think Jill is more stable even when the rest of the family is close by. She probably is more happy in the states because she can pass off Izzy and now Sammy to her family because *gasp* she and Derick may have to take care of their own children. The horror!!!

4 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

In my opinion, I do not think Jill is more stable even when the rest of the family is close by. She probably is more happy in the states because she can pass off Izzy and now Sammy to her family because *gasp* she and Derick may have to take care of their own children. The horror!!!

Cleaning staff as well. She never wants to leave home. Derick is a meanie. 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

The Duggs have been intensively schooled from day one to think that people and strangers and those not of their blood pose terrible dangers of all kinds.

They're trained to think of people of their own blood as terrible dangers, too. *cough* Josh *cough.* And Jill is apparently bringing that baggage to how she's raising Izzy, given her comments when he was an infant about protecting others (in the home) from him. Presumably she'll bring that baggage to how she'll raise Sam, too. And meanwhile, Derick is trying to break his child/children of their "human nature."

This family is deeply disturbing to me. I'm not even on Jill's case about handing over Izzy's care to Cathy when possible, because I can imagine some very rational and understandable reasons why she might want Israel out of the house. It's possible that Jill's apparent unhappiness and fearfulness, and her willingness to send her child to his grandmother's for days at a time, is because she's got PPD or she's spoiled or anything else. But it's also possible that she's behaving rationally, given the circumstances. She might be unhappy and fearful because her family life is not good, she might want Israel out of the house because his relationship with his father/parents is not good, she might have such a subdued and sad reaction to bringing another child into the home because she doesn't like the life she's bringing him into or worries about how the new baby will make their family life even worse.

I'm sorry to speculate so much, because at the end of the day, I have no idea about how these people live behind closed doors -- my point is just that I can't quite dismiss her as irrational or incorrigible, because in the context of a bad marriage I actually can see her behavior and demeanor making a whole lot of sense. YMMV.

• Love 13

I'm sure Sammy had a rough entrance into his world and that is what required a stay in the NICU.  Zika is so sneaky that most people who get it only have very mild symptoms.  Good thing Jill didn't repeat her performance with Izzy this time. If this is the result of 40 hours of labor, I'm thankful she didn't wait it out any longer. We have no way to know yet if she showed up at the hospital right after her water broke.

Just hope they are thankful for the children they've got and they cherish them. If Jill's been told to shut down the baby factory, I hope she realizes that it's the way she's made that won't allow her the dream birth she wanted and NOT because she committed some sin to deserve this. 

• Love 8

This a my total guess based on not much and is only good for a snark board.

I think Samuel has some cardiac issues. I think a routine sonogram saw it, which is why Derick continuously posted anti-abortion posts for like a month or so. He was thinking about fetal development, sonograms, birth defects etc and the entire topic was on his mind. 

• Love 2

I don't read  a lot into Derrick's prolife posts. I've known quite a few people who talk like that. 

Also I would imagine the subject might come up both in Central America and at home surrounding the issue of zika.  Right now when people mention places like Brazil or El Salvador, zika comes up rather fast. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, rue721 said:

I think Derick has mental health challenges and Jill has no capacity or context for dealing with them, and so they go off into the world, the blind leading the blind.

This is a trainwreck waiting to happen.

Let's hope the kids spend lots of time with their paternal grandma over the next few months.

• Love 6

Until something comes out proving otherwise, I think the only thing wrong with Samuel was a labor that was too long for him. He was in distress, doctors got him out and treated him appropriately. Anything else, like Zika or a congenital heart defect, the Duggars would milk for all it was worth. Not only that, but if it's something they knew during pregnancy, there would have been much bigger signs than Derick's asinine abortion tweets. The fact that they've been so quiet is likely because  1)they want to build the suspense for the People story/TLC episode, and 2)they're trying to figure out a way to make it seem that Samuel ending up in the NICU isn't possibly a result of Jill's choices. The story that comes out of this won't have any references to homebirth or 40 hours of labor. We'll get a few minutes of footage of Jill laboring in the hospital with all the monitors in place, then the OB Jill the Expert Midwife noticing signs of fetal distress, then the C-section, interspersed with talking heads of all the Duggars looking grave. 

• Love 15
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

II also think that Derick probably rules that family with an iron fist. Nobody's wife and child "just happen" to look so cringing, fearful, and anxious the way that Jill and Izzy do around him. My heart goes out to them. I love all these pictures of Izzy looking cheerful and confident around his cousins and his Meemaw. He's a very sweet-looking, adorable little boy when he's away from his parents. But I also find it disturbing to see how he blossoms when he's not around his own mother and father, and how he's suddenly so much less prone to black eyes and bruises, too. Jill is the same -- when she's around her own family, she suddenly seems so much healthier and happier. Jill's family doesn't even seem to like her much and yet that happens!

Like I said, my heart breaks for them. I don't know what goes on in their household but I get a chill. Jill looks beautiful in that picture of her looking down at Sammy, but the contrast between her dour, exhausted expression and Derick's smile disturbs me, too. This is not a woman excited for the future -- and who isn't excited for the future when she's looking at her own newborn child's face? It might be PPD causing that, but it might be a very rational response to her living situation, too.

I admit I'm quick to jump and call these men domineering control freaks, but Derrick as a hard ass terror, I just can't see. Jill may rule Izzy with an iron fist, but Derrick has never given me a bully or abusive vibe. If Izzy has bruises, it's more likely from coloring like his dad - sallow, dark circles, pale skin - or from Jill neglecting him and falling or bumping into stuff than from being terrorized by Derrick. 

• Love 22
(edited)

As I've mentioned before I don't find it odd at all that Izzy spends time at his Gramma's. I actually find more odd that Spurgeon and Henry don't spend any known time at the Seewald's. I realize Cathy lives closer so it's easier for her.

I might have had a laundry room breakdown if it wasn't for my parents babysitting overnight. And my kids would have missed out on wonderful, loving and close relationships with them. One of my kids was so close with my mother that he would call her and "tell on me" when I punished him.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 20
(edited)
23 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

As I've mentioned before I don't find it odd at all that Izzy spends time at his Gramma's. I actually find more odd that Spurgeon and Henry don't spend any known time at the Seewald's. I realize Cathy lives closer so it's easier for her.

Me neither. In terms of this past week, it makes sense that Izzy would remain with Cathy. If Sammy was in the NICU, Izzy couldn't visit him anyways, and if Jill was having a painful recovery, there's not much she could do with an active toddler. It's not like Derick and Jill dumped him to go bar hopping. They legitimately had a lot on their plates these last few days. I'd much rather see Izzy with his loving, attentive Grandmother than dumped with the horde at the TTH.

I also agree it's weird that the Seewalds only have minimal interaction with Spurge and Henry. I know they live some distance away, but neither Bin nor Jessa seems to make that much of an effort to include them.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 24
(edited)
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I might have had a laundry room breakdown if it wasn't for my parents babysitting overnight. And my kids would have missed out on wonderful, loving and close relationships with them. One of my kids was so close with my mother that he would call her and "tell on me" when I punished him.

They're little kids, Cathy lives closer, and she is an empty nester. I spent very little time at my grandma's, but she was in a different states. Time and relationships spent with grandparents tend to vary wildly between individuals and families so everyone's MMV. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5