Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

My thought is that Jill is now experiencing a deep depression. Her life is not turning out as she planned in her head and doesn't want anything to do with Sammy. She might have had a nervous breakdown. I know I'm being overly dramatic but she was more like a  fragile child when she was married. She has never really been able to think for herself and baby #2 has sent her over the edge.

Unfortunately I think you have a bigger chance of being correct than incorrect. ?

To the other posters that reminded me of the very real possibility of Zika...  It all adds up when you go back to the anti-abortion vitriol dumbass was spewing a few months back combined with the recent events of the past 5 days.  

I wish nothing but the best for this family as I think they will need ALL of the good wishes and prayers they can get.  I said it a  few months ago and I stand by it - I have a really bad feeling about this one.  I have never wanted to be more wrong. 

• Love 10

I'm skeptical that zika is really possible given we've seen the baby. If something's wrong, there are many other possibilities. Let's hope everyone is just too tired for pictures and press, etc.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Hunh?  We had higher expectations for Derick who turned out to be a complete dud, so I understand what you are saying, still Jill is an idiot, but she is an adult idiot. They make stupid decisions as a couple. They can share blame from one milkshake with two straws. 

I'm not absolving Jilly Muffin by any stretch of the imagination. One might imagine, however, that the more educated member of that union might have some inkling about the urgency of prenatal care and checkups by an actual medical professional, not to mention spending several months in an area affected by Zika carrying mosquitoes while his wife was pregnant. I get what you're saying as well, but one of the hallmarks of being an adult is learning from one's mistakes. It seems neither of them have done so.

My opinion.

• Love 2

Just asking here because I have no idea ... did Jilly Muffin think she was immune to Zika because she was already pregnant? And that is why she went to Danger America? And she did not think she was susceptible to the virus? Seriously asking.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Just asking here because I have no idea ... did Jilly Muffin think she was immune to Zika because she was already pregnant? And that is why she went to Danger America? And she did not think she was susceptible to the virus? Seriously asking.

Probably thought Jeezus would protect her. Or something stupid like that. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Missy Vixen said:

I'm not absolving Jilly Muffin by any stretch of the imagination. One might imagine, however, that the more educated member of that union might have some inkling about the urgency of prenatal care and checkups by an actual medical professional, not to mention spending several months in an area affected by Zika carrying mosquitoes while his wife was pregnant. I get what you're saying as well, but one of the hallmarks of being an adult is learning from one's mistakes. It seems neither of them have done so.

My opinion.

I agree Missy Vixen. You would think Derick would be able to make logical decisions and according to their beliefs he should be the head of the household, but he is under the DumDug spell and he is absorbing their stupidity. I don't think Jill is really as passive as we see on television. I think she uses tears to manipulate. Derick went to college, but he isn't a smart guy. I think Derick genuinely believes Jilly is an expert in pregnancy and delivery because she printed off a certificate and is one of 19 kids. 

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, sometimesy said:

I agree Missy Vixen. You would think Derick would be able to make logical decisions and according to their beliefs he should be the head of the household, but he is under the DumDug spell and he is absorbing their stupidity. I don't think Jill is really as passive as we see on television. I think she uses tears to manipulate. Derick went to college, but he isn't a smart guy. I think Derick genuinely believes Jilly is an expert in pregnancy and delivery because she printed off a certificate and is one of 19 kids. 

I wonder if Ms Cathy ever tried to intervene or at least express some concern about receiving proper prenatal care,  not attempting to VBAC at home, not going to a Zika infested part of the world. Even though she's a Koolaid drinker, I still see her as possessing a modicum of good sense.  If Jilly Moonbeam continued to ignore accepted medical advice, and refused to listen to reason, she's ultimately the one responsible for the outcome. Not saying that to blame her, because we all prayed she and Sammy would emerge unscathed in spite of her foolhardiness-not because we believe she's Gods special snowflake, but because none of us is cruel enough to wish any harm to come to mother and child.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Didn't one of Jill's totally insightful posts blather about bug bites?  I think she was pregnant then.

And back to the Saturday news update, since the source is unknown, could one of the duggars be posting under an assumed name?  Amy, perhaps? JUST GUESSING really , because I have no idea.

We don't know if anything is wrong with Jill or the baby except maybe a rough birth. We also don't know if Jill tried a homebirth, or if she went straight to the hospital. For all we know, they did take precautions to avoid Zika, they did have testing to see if there were any issues with the pregnancy, and have made responsible choices. Maybe the stealth behaviour is strictly to wind up an audience. Yeah, I'm skeptical too, but you never know. 

• Love 15
4 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Have there been Zika babies born in the US yet? I know that there have been adult cases, but I'm not sure I've heard about babies. I would think that if Sammy was the first, it would be a big story independent of the Duggars and their life choices and something would have leaked by now. 

Florida has had a case or two. 

18 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Yawn . . . .yes, I'm terrible.

Haha, me too. We need the details. To snark or not to snark. It's creating a buzz about the baby whether it's intentional or not. 

• Love 1

We would likely know by now if Samuel was a true Zika baby.  The hospital would have to report it to the CDC.  Now the CDC only updates their tally every few weeks, but I would expect the Arkansas Health & Human Services to release a statement about a Zika baby born in their state.  Maybe the Duggar's got them to hold off until the CDC numbers update as a HIPAA violation since any Zika news right now would undoubtedly link back to Samuel.

If the Duggar's really are planning a press statement for Saturday that tells me he's working on a Friday release.  My daughter had to have clean vitals for four days to be released on the fifth day before she could come home.  Since today is Wednesday, I'm guessing Sammy's vitals are already clean and they are checking the boxes for release.

Jill not being out of the hospital doesn't bother me.  My OB said there were codes they could use to prolong my stay if I chose.  We lived close enough to the hospital that I preferred to go home and visit my baby as needed.

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, saylubee said:

We would likely know by now if Samuel was a true Zika baby.  The hospital would have to report it to the CDC.  Now the CDC only updates their tally every few weeks, but I would expect the Arkansas Health & Human Services to release a statement about a Zika baby born in their state.  Maybe the Duggar's got them to hold off until the CDC numbers update as a HIPAA violation since any Zika news right now would undoubtedly link back to Samuel.

If the Duggar's really are planning a press statement for Saturday that tells me he's working on a Friday release.  My daughter had to have clean vitals for four days to be released on the fifth day before she could come home.  Since today is Wednesday, I'm guessing Sammy's vitals are already clean and they are checking the boxes for release.

Jill not being out of the hospital doesn't bother me.  My OB said there were codes they could use to prolong my stay if I chose.  We lived close enough to the hospital that I preferred to go home and visit my baby as needed.

According to the CDC's website, as of July 5th, Arkansas has zero cases. If Sammy were the first Zika baby, he would not be the first born in the U.S. but he would be the first born in Arkansas.

We don't know if anything is wrong with Jill or the baby except maybe a rough birth. We also don't know if Jill tried a homebirth, or if she went straight to the hospital. For all we know, they did take precautions to avoid Zika, they did have testing to see if there were any issues with the pregnancy, and have made responsible choices. Maybe the stealth behaviour is strictly to wind up an audience. Yeah, I'm skeptical too, but you never know. 

Yeah  right and the moon is made out of Blue Cheese. 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

According to the CDC's website, as of July 5th, Arkansas has zero cases. If Sammy were the first Zika baby, he would not be the first born in the U.S. but he would be the first born in Arkansas.

That's totally awesome. Seriously, let's hope for the best case scenario so we don't feel guilty for being meanies and we can criticize them for the donation scam again, ahh good times. 

• Love 5
(edited)

The only silver lining in this for Jill is maybe she can use her rough delivery as an excuse for not returning to Danger America. I think she'd be more than happy to remain in the Pool House and let Derelict go off on his own. Jenni and James could take up residence in the guest bedrooms to help with the kids and Cathy would probably be thrilled to have her grandchildren close by.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

My thought is that Jill is now experiencing a deep depression. Her life is not turning out as she planned in her head and doesn't want anything to do with Sammy. She might have had a nervous breakdown. I know I'm being overly dramatic but she was more like a  fragile child when she was married. She has never really been able to think for herself and baby #2 has sent her over the edge.

Apparently she has been spotted on Instagram liking pictures though 

• Love 3

The only thing that gives me pause about Samuel's first picture and the potential of their being a Zika related defect we can't see is that Derrick isn't that good of an actor...as we've already seen in his musicals, but if something where truly wrong physically, his smile would be off. And white Derrick is his normal ugly self, he doesn't appear to be faking it. I think further testing could have revealed something, but I think physically Samuel looks fine. As for waiting for Saturday---maybe Jill goes home Friday and Saturday will allow them time to take some pictures. 

That's totally awesome. Seriously, let's hope for the best case scenario so we don't feel guilty for being meanies and we can criticize them for the donation scam again, ahh good times. 

The CDC isn't that fast to update. If he has Zika, it'd come out---not quite that fast though. 

8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

As of May 23, Aryanna was one of 72 babies born in the U.S. with Zika-related birth defects. Another eight pregnancy losses have been attributed to Zika infections, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), which updates counts regularly.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/health/in-lacey-a-washington-mom-grapples-with-babys-zika-caused-birth-defects/ article from last month

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Yeah  right and the moon is made out of Blue Cheese. 

Really? Pages and pages and PAGES of speculation stated as fact and built upon. Truth is that no one knows. I keep checking in here hoping to find actual factual information. All I find are tangents.

I also had an emergency c-section. I had all the prenatal care available. I didn't bother reading the c-section handout from my Lamaze class because "no thanks, not for me." I labored 22 hours, most in the hospital. I am a small person and had a big baby. No gestational diabetes. No health issues for either of us. Just a big baby who was born 11 days past his due date.

• Love 7
(edited)
9 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

May I ask where the news of the Dillards planning some kind of announcement on Saturday is from?

Someone said that they read it in a post made by an unknown person on a  website devoted to the Duggars but not run by them.  However, multiple others have searched there and been unable to find the post, let alone verify it.

In other words, nobody knows anything about it except that it is very unusual for the Duggar clan not to have posted more photos and information about the birth and the baby by now.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 7

My brother was born a week early because my dad wanted his first son to be born on his birthday and even though he was the biggest kid my mom had @ 8.1.50 he was in the nicu for a week because my mom lost 40 pounds and never gained any weight they wanted to watch him to see if there was any complacations

I think Miss Cathy lives in a part time fantasy world of her own. I saw on her Instagram post that she's of the opinion that Izzy is being educated so well because he knows his alphabet. I doubt Jill can 'educate' him past his colors and shapes well. I don't foresee a future Pistol Pete 3.0 here. Not due to Israel's intellectual capacity but due to it never being realized by their inane homeschooling curriculum.

• Love 16
15 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I'm hoping Samuel has just fallen under 2nd child syndrome = first baby gets 24/7 photos,everything on a schedule, entire area disinfected, and the next kid doesn't get his picture taken for a few days. Baby #5 doesn't even get a name until he's 2 and no pics until Kindergardten. 

This doesn't really hold true with the Duggars, though, since baby-making is their claim to fame.

13 minutes ago, Whyyouneedaname said:

per Ms. Cathys twitter she still has Izzy. They are either still at the hospital or at home bonding with Sammy without Izzy :/ I can't imagine leaving my firstborn with family during this time unless something is wrong. 

At this point, Izzy should've been brought to the hospital to meet Samuel and photos would've been taken and posted on social media.  The fact that this hasn't happened gives me some bad vibes.  I can't help feeling that the issue is with Jill...perhaps she is emotionally wrecked, or has been told that she shouldn't have more babies or something along those lines.  It's also wishful thinking on my part because I don't want to hear that something is wrong with the baby.  I don't think Jill is strong enough to deal with that.  Ever since she had Iz, my gut tells me that she is dealing with undiagnosed and untreated depression.  A baby in the NICU or a doctor telling her that she should close up shop might be more than she can handle.

All speculation on my part, of course.  I kind of dread coming here, because I'm afraid of what I might read.

• Love 14

As of August 2016, there were 12 confirmed cases of travel related Zika in Arkansas.  Source.   She could have been a carrier of the virus when she got pregnant or perhaps some of the Duggars who had visited Danger America wound up with the virus and not Jill at all. There's just no telling. I thought it was quite odd that the photo Derek shared wasn't a full on face/head shot like the Duggars always do with their babies. I hope it isn't Zika because being around Henry and seeing him so healthy and happy and then seeing Anna's new baby when he arrives ... that would be super hard on any parent with a sick baby who will likely not survive. Those healthy babies who arrived during a devastating time will be a constant reminder.

I have this awful foreboding feeling down deep in my gut. Nothing since this birth has felt right. At all. I was raised Quiverfull and escaped as soon as I could, but I can confirm that there is a lot of egotism in Quiverfull. The whole "it won't happen to us because we prayed about it" mentality and then the old "God chose us for a special baby because we are so special and in his favor" when something bad DOES happen. You hear that "God never gives you more than you can bear" all the time when you or a loved one is suffering. There's no real personal accountability. If Sam does have Zika ... The Dullards won't admit that they made the wrong decision to go to South America while trying to become/actually becoming pregnant. They will be magnanimous about the country and sanctimonious about how much they've sacrificed for the mission field to get donations and possible church backing. 

• Love 14
44 minutes ago, IntoTheMystic said:

At all. I was raised Quiverfull and escaped as soon as I could, but I can confirm that there is a lot of egotism in Quiverfull. The whole "it won't happen to us because we prayed about it" mentality 

Exactly!

And the opposite is true.  When something bad does happen, clearly you didn't pray hard enough. A lot of ego for the "winners" and the "losers" feel like garbage. 

I left the IFB mainly due to that. 

• Love 13
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

The only silver lining in this for Jill is maybe she can use her rough delivery as an excuse for not returning to Danger America. I think she'd be more than happy to remain in the Pool House and let Derelict go off on his own. Jenni and James could take up residence in the guest bedrooms to help with the kids and Cathy would probably be thrilled to have her grandchildren close by.

Silver lining for Jill. The Dillards offspring aren't the responsibility of other children, but you are right, that's what would happen. Housecleaning, babysitting and errand boys. 

• Love 2

I highly doubt Samuel is a zika baby. They may be really dumb, but I doubt they would have not said something already if he had been. There would be donating buttons all over this story, poor me my baby has zika.

Somebody help me here, please. How fast does post Partum depression typically come on? There have been speculations that she has some breakdown the second Samuel was delivered. I for some reason was thinking it took a few days for hormones to get all wonky and severe PPD to happen. Can anyone tell me the typica clinician timeframe for this? @doodlebug

Here is the string of replies that other people had mentioned from Duggar Family Official on FB. One person (who apparently lives in the UK) says there will be an update on Saturday. Just a bunch of nobodies speculating, no real information.

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 9.51.16 AM.png

• Love 2
19 hours ago, satrunrose said:

Have there been Zika babies born in the US yet? I know that there have been adult cases, but I'm not sure I've heard about babies. I would think that if Sammy was the first, it would be a big story independent of the Duggars and their life choices and something would have leaked by now. 

Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico.

1 hour ago, heatherrrrz said:

I highly doubt Samuel is a zika baby. They may be really dumb, but I doubt they would have not said something already if he had been. There would be donating buttons all over this story, poor me my baby has zika.

This. Wouldn't someone have leaked by now? I think @heatherrrrz has a very good point. 

Just now, PradaKitty said:

If something is wrong with the baby due to their time in Central America, Jill may never forgive Derick.

I had that exact thought pop into my head.  If something awful happened maybe this will encourage other women in that family to take charge of their own lives.  Sometimes a headship can be a dumbshit.  

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

If something is wrong with the baby due to their time in Central America, Jill may never forgive Derick.

I really think that Jill will blame herself she is so brainwashed Derick can do no wrong its all on her just like Anna re Josh's behaviour.  

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Mya said:

I really think that Jill will blame herself she is so brainwashed Derick can do no wrong its all on her just like Anna re Josh's behaviour.  

Ugh, remember when Anna blamed herself for Josh's weight gain? And when Josh blamed Anna after he drank iced tea before a dental procedure? He's such an arrogant jerk.

I'm on the fence about Jill though. It seems like the bloom wore off the rose very early on in her marriage. She doesn't come off as enamored of Derick as Anna did with Josh. Even though holding a grudge doesn't benefit either party, I admit it would be nice to see one of these women not assume the burden of guilt for once.

• Love 8

It's not Zika! They took one photo of the baby. The angle and his being hooked to machines would inhibit how much of his head can be seen. If there were a dozen pictures all at the same angle, I might be concerned or I would think it has something to do with not disturbing the tubes and wires. 

Other than they went to El Salvador, where there are more cases of zika than Arkansas, there is no reason to think zika.

• Love 3

I don't think it's Zika, keeping in mind it can cause mild defects as well as severe. No matter what's going on, I'm sure Jill would instantly trade lives with Jana right now.

Baby Sammy is a whopper and his head appears to be of normal size and circumference from what we can see.  The little guy may have a heart problem or other problem that any baby could have gotten, regardless of the quality of care the mother received during pregnancy. 

We'll just have to wait and see, however, I'm very concerned for Jill's state of mind. We know she won't get the mental health care she needs. She'll at best be told to read more Bible verses and "work on her contentment".

• Love 12
(edited)

Can anyone tell me, was Samuel conceived in Central America or at home in Arkansas? I am curious to know if the last time they went down there was the first visit for Fetal Sam, or if he'd already been there. 

Edited by Genevrier

The new issue of People arrived in today's mail (don't judge me; it's a free subscription ?)

No article or pictures. Just a little blurb in the "Babies" section:

"Counting On star Jill Duggar Dillard, 26, and her husband, Derrick, 28, welcomed son Samuel Scott on July 8. He joins big brother Israel, 2."

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Genevrier said:

Can anyone tell me, was Samuel conceived in Central America or at home in Arkansas? I am curious to know if the last time they went down there was the first visit for Fetal Samuel, or if he'd already been there. 

He was conceived in the States.

(edited)

Jill may be depressed because she had another csection, her VBAC was not successful. having too many c sections can be risky, She may not be able to have as many kids as she originally planned. 

Edited by nmy27